Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 08:26:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814501 times)
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 05:11:49 PM

If you haven't voted already, please vote for DNotes at Cryptsy:
https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes

.0002 Bitcoin per vote X 40,000 votes needed to be number one (at the time this was written, with some overhead) = 8 Bitcoin.

If anyone out there with deep pockets would like to get DNotes on Cryptsy right away, all you have to do is send 8 or more Bitcoin to:

14AGjtup6T6k4kB1bmbMUVmePNUXEYuqmQ

I'm away from my computers for a few days, but have a couple old SHA 256 ASICS that I'll devote to buying votes until DNotes is on Cryptsy.

Cool! I just did the math on using Cryptsy Points instead of Bitcoin directly and works out to much less.

1 Cryptsy Point costs: .00015000 Bitcoin (at time of posting) You get 5 votes per Cryptsy Point therefore, to reach 40000 votes, you need 8000 Cryptsy Points. Buying 8000 Cryptsy Points at .00015 costs 1.2 Bitcoin.

So, you should be able to get 40000 votes for 1.2 Bitcoin worth of Cryptsy Points. If I'm correct (please someone check the math before you spend any Bitcoin) we should be able to reach #1 for 1.2 Bitcoin. We then need to maintain #1 position until the count is taken.

From Cryptsy:

"Using the buttons below, each Cryptsy user is allowed 1 free vote per coin. We are also accepting paid votes, which have no limit on the number of votes you can cast. Adding new markets requires a significant development investment for each new coin, so your paid votes will help offset the costs and accelerate the development time.

Paid votes can be submitted using either BTC or CryptsyPoints. To vote with BTC, simply send BTC to the deposit address listed next to the coin(s) you wish to support. Every 0.0002 BTC sent to the respective address received will count for 1 vote. You can click on the address link next to any coin to view payment votes cast using BTC, which are posted after getting 2 or more confirmations.

Alternatively, we are also accepting CryptsyPoints as part of our paid vote program (5 votes per CryptsyPoint). After you cast your free vote, you will then have the option to vote again with your CryptsyPoints as often as you like."

You're right!  You get around 7 votes paying with points compared to 1 with bitcoin.  Here's a big duh on my part - I just bought 100 votes with bitcoin. Cry

I haven't really been watching which coins are getting listed on Cryptsy.  Do they have a set schedule for adding them such as one a week or month?  I haven't even heard of a lot of them in the top 20 or 30 so we may not have to get all the way to 40,000 if some of them are dead or dying.  I'm assuming some of them will get chosen before we get there.

Should we do a community push to get listed?  I will commit to buy some every week until we get there. 

Each vote is less than a penny if you use Cryptsy Points - Thanks RJF!!

No problem!  So, the actual cost in USD would be around $400.00 to put us on top..  That figure is reachable in the short term.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 05:42:14 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2015, 06:59:45 PM by DNotes

If you haven't voted already, please vote for DNotes at Cryptsy:
https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes

.0002 Bitcoin per vote X 40,000 votes needed to be number one (at the time this was written, with some overhead) = 8 Bitcoin.

If anyone out there with deep pockets would like to get DNotes on Cryptsy right away, all you have to do is send 8 or more Bitcoin to:

14AGjtup6T6k4kB1bmbMUVmePNUXEYuqmQ

I'm away from my computers for a few days, but have a couple old SHA 256 ASICS that I'll devote to buying votes until DNotes is on Cryptsy.

Cool! I just did the math on using Cryptsy Points instead of Bitcoin directly and works out to much less.

1 Cryptsy Point costs: .00015000 Bitcoin (at time of posting) You get 5 votes per Cryptsy Point therefore, to reach 40000 votes, you need 8000 Cryptsy Points. Buying 8000 Cryptsy Points at .00015 costs 1.2 Bitcoin.

So, you should be able to get 40000 votes for 1.2 Bitcoin worth of Cryptsy Points. If I'm correct (please someone check the math before you spend any Bitcoin) we should be able to reach #1 for 1.2 Bitcoin. We then need to maintain #1 position until the count is taken.

From Cryptsy:

"Using the buttons below, each Cryptsy user is allowed 1 free vote per coin. We are also accepting paid votes, which have no limit on the number of votes you can cast. Adding new markets requires a significant development investment for each new coin, so your paid votes will help offset the costs and accelerate the development time.

Paid votes can be submitted using either BTC or CryptsyPoints. To vote with BTC, simply send BTC to the deposit address listed next to the coin(s) you wish to support. Every 0.0002 BTC sent to the respective address received will count for 1 vote. You can click on the address link next to any coin to view payment votes cast using BTC, which are posted after getting 2 or more confirmations.

Alternatively, we are also accepting CryptsyPoints as part of our paid vote program (5 votes per CryptsyPoint). After you cast your free vote, you will then have the option to vote again with your CryptsyPoints as often as you like."

You're right!  You get around 7 votes paying with points compared to 1 with bitcoin.  Here's a big duh on my part - I just bought 100 votes with bitcoin. Cry

I haven't really been watching which coins are getting listed on Cryptsy.  Do they have a set schedule for adding them such as one a week or month?  I haven't even heard of a lot of them in the top 20 or 30 so we may not have to get all the way to 40,000 if some of them are dead or dying.  I'm assuming some of them will get chosen before we get there.

Should we do a community push to get listed?  I will commit to buy some every week until we get there.  

Each vote is less than a penny if you use Cryptsy Points - Thanks RJF!!

No problem!  So, the actual cost in USD would be around $400.00 to put us on top..  That figure is reachable in the short term.

Thank you all! It will be beneficial to DNotes to be listed on Cryptsy, and nice to be listed by the launch of DCEBrief. Being the top votes is not a guarantee of being listed, however it can only help, and we need to do what we can to make that happen.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 09:22:18 PM

How many quotes should we have in rotation? Which are your favorites? Did I miss any good ones?

Here is my current list.

Accounts at a money service business or financial institution can certainly be linked to identity, but the individual coins (or coin subunits) themselves cannot be.
Jon Matonis - e-money researcher and crypto economist

The math and technology behind the blockchain is difficult for most to understand, but the beauty is - you don't have to get it to use it. Do you really get how the internet works? TLS/SSL? DNS? HTTPS?
Melanie Shapiro - Founder/CEO of CaseWallet

There's a lot of misconception about what bitcoin actually is due to media narratives. The most popular reference I hear mentioned is Silk Road, but Silk Road wasn't enabled by bitcoin. People forget or don't realize that Silk Road was enabled by Tor, an 'anonymizing' proxy network. Bitcoin isn't actually an anonymous currency it's pseudo-anonymous. Want to know what's anonymous? Cash.

I think the real success of bitcoin will be when it's the foundational layer on top of which applications and processes are built without people having to understand what that means.

While we can attribute a lot of our early attention to stories of bitcoin scandal, Mt Gox, and high-profile arrests, the stories being told now are of how the technology could have the potential to bring efficiency to the financial industry.

The reason you should care about bitcoin's success is not just because it can help reorganize how the financial industry is run, but because it can bring freedom and empowerment to the people who really need it

To truly understand the impact (of Bitcoin), consider what the cellphone did for telecom. There are places in the world that completely skipped over traditional landline phones, mostly because it's a resource-intensive advancement, and went straight to cellphones. Bitcoin will be the technology that leaps over traditional banking in these same parts of the world.

To me, bitcoin is just the denomination used to pay the toll to put stuff on the world's first completely transparent and immutable decentralized ledger - the blockchain.

You'll hear the word 'decentralized' thrown around a lot when talking about bitcoin. The reason for this is that bitcoin is a decentralized asset that no one entity has control over. This might not seem important, but think about the people who live in places where that central entity that controls your currency is corrupt or unstable.

If it was as simple as just giving people another way to buy a cup of coffee, I can promise you that no one in our ecosystem would be working this hard.

It's not that we're trying to replace the current banking system or government; we're trying to work along side them to rethink current processes that are both inefficient and costly.  Neither side is going to get anywhere without working together. Ultimately, I think we're at a place now where goals are aligned on both sides.

Regulation is a great thing for bitcoin. It gives me, and the rest of us principles by which we have to run our businesses. However, it's important that we are being regulated by people who understand the technology and can give us guidance without hindering innovation.

It does worry me that bitcoin won't succeed, that something will stand in our way and we'll never see it live up to it's promise and this is sad because there are a lot of people who really need this to work.

No one has sufficient self-interest to promote and protect Bitcoin, with an over-emphasis that it is a trustless system.
Alan Yong - Entrepreneur & DNotes Co-Founder

It is hard-earned money no matter what you call it; commodity, property, or virtual currency of no intrinsic value.

DNotes decided since day one that, to be successful, it must create a new culture. That new culture must be built with trust and integrity, promoting mutual respect and cooperation, collaborating in a highly productive environment, focusing on the accomplishment of long-term mutual benefits.

A small amount invested has the potential to make a big difference. Whereas, using fiat currency as a savings, the true impact is likely to be negative.

Our industry absolutely needs a drastic increase in women's participation to gain mass acceptance.

With two simple cell phones, or computers with an Internet connection, one can be set up to send and receive funds and conduct global commerce, thereby solving the problems of the unbanked.

The main innovation stemming from Bitcoin is trustless transactions, meaning transactions are fully decentralized and do not rely on a central bank or government. Bitcoin also introduced the primary innovation of blockchain technology; a public ledger where all Bitcoin transactions are recorded indefinitely together with all Bitcoin 'blocks' that have been mined to secure the network.

Bitcoin will most likely go down in history as one of the greatest technology revolutions in history.

Once I started really digging into it, I came to realize that there are three aspects to Bitcoin that are interwoven and Bitcoin is most interesting because of them. They are: One, it's an asset, like digital gold 2.0. Two, it's a currency in as much as currency is like the digital app that allows you to begin to transact and trade. And, three, it's also a platform where you can build financial and other products on top of it. These attributes all bound together are what convinced me that there's a certainty that there will be at least one global cryptocurrency and that there's a good argument that it's Bitcoin, or that Bitcoin is one of them, if not THE one. And, if Bitcoin isn't that global cryptocurrency, then something else will be.
Reid Hoffman - co-founder of LinkedIn, entrepreneur, venture capitalist and author.

It is a much more efficient way of moving money around the world
Tim Draper - Venture Capitalist

Bitcoin, and the ideas behind it, will be a disrupter to the traditional notions of currency. In the end, currency will be better for it.
Edmund Moy - 38th Director of the United States Mint

Three eras of currency: Commodity based, e.g. Gold. Politically based, e.g. Dollar. Math based, e.g. Bitcoin.
Chris Dixon - Investor and Entrepreneur

Bitcoin is a remarkable cryptographic achievement The ability to create something which is not duplicable in the digital world has enormous value.
Eric Schmidt - Executive Chairman of Google

It's a store of value, a distributed ledger. It's a great place to put assets, especially in places like Argentina with 40 percent inflation, where $1 today is worth 60 cents in a year, and a government's currency does not hold value.
David Marcus - Former President of PayPal

Bitcoin may hold long-term promise, particularly if the innovations promote a faster, more secure and more efficient payment system.
Ben Bernanke - Former Chairman of the US Federal Reserve

EVERY informed person needs to know about Bitcoin because it might be one of the world's most important developments.
Leon Louw - two time Nobel Peace Prize nominee

Bitcoin, crypto currencies, solved this problem of coming to a consensus globally where you don't trust anybody else
Richard Brown - Executive Architect for IBM UK

Bitcoin may be the TCP/IP of money
Paul Buchheit - Creator of Google's Gmail Service

I think the fact that within the Bitcoin universe an algorithm replaces the functions of [the government]  is actually pretty cool
Al Gore - Former US Vice President

Bitcoin is the beginning of something great: a currency without a government, something necessary and imperative
Nassim Taleb - Author and Risk Analyst

I think that the Internet is going to be one of the major forces for reducing the role of government. The one thing that's missing, but that will soon be developed, is a reliable e-cash
Milton Friedman - Nobel-Prize Winning Economist

I do not take a position on Bitcoin and other proposed currencies in a technical fashion, but I understand the political ramifications of them and I think that government should stay out of them and they should be perfectly legal, even though I don't endorse (technically) one over another.
Ron Paul - Former Republican congressman, two-time Republican presidential candidate

The federal government, in considering any legislation, regulation and policies, create an environment that fosters innovation for digital currencies and their associated technologies. As such, the government should exercise a regulatory 'clight touch'd that minimizes actions that might stifle the development of these new technologies.
Canadian Senate Recommendations

The federal government consider the use of blockchain technology when advantageous to deliver government services and to enhance the security of private information.

The federal government, on an active and ongoing basis, work with other countries to formulate global guidelines for digital currencies while respecting the 'clight touch'd premise outlined in Recommendation 1 above.

[Digital Currencies] they may hold long-term promise, particularly if the innovations promote a faster, more secure and more efficient payment system.

It will be everywhere and the world will have to readjust. World governments will have to readjust.
John McAfee - renowned information security pioneer and founder of McAfee

I think it is working. There will be other currencies like it that may be even better, but in the meantime there's a big industry around bitcoin.
Sir Richard Branson

HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 10:53:54 PM

These are my selections. I would suggest 10 quotes in rotation at a time. Also you have Ben's quote in your list twice (kind of).

The math and technology behind the blockchain is difficult for most to understand, but the beauty is - you don't have to get it to use it. Do you really get how the internet works? TLS/SSL? DNS? HTTPS?

I think the real success of bitcoin will be when it's the foundational layer on top of which applications and processes are built without people having to understand what that means.

While we can attribute a lot of our early attention to stories of bitcoin scandal, Mt Gox, and high-profile arrests, the stories being told now are of how the technology could have the potential to bring efficiency to the financial industry.

To truly understand the impact (of Bitcoin), consider what the cellphone did for telecom. There are places in the world that completely skipped over traditional landline phones, mostly because it's a resource-intensive advancement, and went straight to cellphones. Bitcoin will be the technology that leaps over traditional banking in these same parts of the world.

You'll hear the word 'decentralized' thrown around a lot when talking about bitcoin. The reason for this is that bitcoin is a decentralized asset that no one entity has control over. This might not seem important, but think about the people who live in places where that central entity that controls your currency is corrupt or unstable.

It's not that we're trying to replace the current banking system or government; we're trying to work along side them to rethink current processes that are both inefficient and costly.  Neither side is going to get anywhere without working together. Ultimately, I think we're at a place now where goals are aligned on both sides.

It is hard-earned money no matter what you call it; commodity, property, or virtual currency of no intrinsic value.

DNotes decided since day one that, to be successful, it must create a new culture. That new culture must be built with trust and integrity, promoting mutual respect and cooperation, collaborating in a highly productive environment, focusing on the accomplishment of long-term mutual benefits.

A small amount invested has the potential to make a big difference. Whereas, using fiat currency as a savings, the true impact is likely to be negative.

Our industry absolutely needs a drastic increase in women's participation to gain mass acceptance.

With two simple cell phones, or computers with an Internet connection, one can be set up to send and receive funds and conduct global commerce, thereby solving the problems of the unbanked.

Bitcoin will most likely go down in history as one of the greatest technology revolutions in history.

Once I started really digging into it, I came to realize that there are three aspects to Bitcoin that are interwoven and Bitcoin is most interesting because of them. They are: One, it's an asset, like digital gold 2.0. Two, it's a currency in as much as currency is like the digital app that allows you to begin to transact and trade. And, three, it's also a platform where you can build financial and other products on top of it. These attributes all bound together are what convinced me that there's a certainty that there will be at least one global cryptocurrency and that there's a good argument that it's Bitcoin, or that Bitcoin is one of them, if not THE one. And, if Bitcoin isn't that global cryptocurrency, then something else will be.
Reid Hoffman - co-founder of LinkedIn, entrepreneur, venture capitalist and author.

It is a much more efficient way of moving money around the world
Tim Draper - Venture Capitalist

Bitcoin, and the ideas behind it, will be a disrupter to the traditional notions of currency. In the end, currency will be better for it.
Edmund Moy - 38th Director of the United States Mint

Bitcoin is a remarkable cryptographic achievement The ability to create something which is not duplicable in the digital world has enormous value.
Eric Schmidt - Executive Chairman of Google

Bitcoin may hold long-term promise, particularly if the innovations promote a faster, more secure and more efficient payment system.

EVERY informed person needs to know about Bitcoin because it might be one of the world's most important developments.
Leon Louw - two time Nobel Peace Prize nominee

Bitcoin may be the TCP/IP of money
Paul Buchheit - Creator of Google's Gmail Service

I think the fact that within the Bitcoin universe an algorithm replaces the functions of [the government]  is actually pretty cool
Al Gore - Former US Vice President

Bitcoin is the beginning of something great: a currency without a government, something necessary and imperative
Nassim Taleb - Author and Risk Analyst

It will be everywhere and the world will have to readjust. World governments will have to readjust.
John McAfee - renowned information security pioneer and founder of McAfee

I think it is working. There will be other currencies like it that may be even better, but in the meantime there's a big industry around bitcoin.
Sir Richard Branson
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 01:08:02 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2015, 01:27:32 AM by Chase

There is only one quote I don't like and a couple that need tweeking.

I love all the quotes of Melanie Shapiro except this one:

"It does worry me that bitcoin won't succeed, that something will stand in our way and we'll never see it live up to it's promise and this is sad because there are a lot of people who really need this to work."

It sounds a little desperate and too much like a lack of confidence in bitcoin.

This one sounds incomplete - I don't know what problem they are trying to solve:

"Bitcoin, crypto currencies, solved this problem of coming to a consensus globally where you don't trust anybody else"

Edit: (I watched the video - http://www.finextra.com/Video/Video.aspx?videoid=513) - The full quote is: "The core technology, had you asked me 5 years ago, I would have said was impossible.  Bitcoin, crypto currencies, solved this problem of coming to a consensus globally where you don't trust anybody else"

I really like the example the Canadian Senate is setting for other countries to hopefully follow in their footsteps of NOT over-regulating.  This quote is a little unclear since the recommendations are not numbered here.  It could end after the 'light touch' premise or after 'Recommendation 1'.

"The federal government, on an active and ongoing basis, work with other countries to formulate global guidelines for digital currencies while respecting the 'light touch' premise outlined in Recommendation 1 above."

I think all the other quotes are great, but I have no idea how many should be in a rotation.  Would it be a new or shuffled rotation everyday??

Do you want any more powerful people quotes?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 01:42:30 AM

From CryptoMoms' Forum:

Quote from: Chase on July 16, 2015, 05:39:54 PM

The former Greek finance minister speaks out:

How Greece Was Lost: ‘We Were Set Up’ – Yanis Varoufakis

“[The Troika’s proposals were] absolutely impossible, totally non-viable and toxic … [they were] the kind of proposals you present to another side when you don’t want an agreement. This country must stop extending and pretending, we must stop taking on new loans pretending that we’ve solved the problem, when we haven’t; when we have made our debt even less sustainable on condition of further austerity that even further shrinks the economy; and shifts the burden further onto the have-nots, creating a humanitarian crisis.”

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114843/how-greece-was-lost-we-were-set-up-yanis-varoufakis

Quote From Shepherd Today:

It is a sad day in history. Position and power are relative as to whom does one has to measure up against. Essentially, it is about self-interest and the golden rule. (He who holds the gold, makes the rule.) Following is another interesting quote:

"FORCED TO ACCEPT"

Prime Minister of Greece, Alexis Tsipras, “ told lawmakers he had accepted a package he did not believe in and which would harm Greece, but the alternative was a disorderly bankruptcy that would be catastrophic.

"I acknowledge the fiscal measures are harsh, that they won't benefit the Greek economy, but I'm forced to accept them," he said before the vote.

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/16/us-eurozone-greece-idUSKCN0PQ0GZ20150716

Those words coming from the Prime Minister of Greece, Alexis Tsipras are disturbing. There had never been a viable option. Those who hold the gold are clearly making the rules.

This is what I said earlier, “This is a very sad and tragic situation. The rich may end up losing a vacation home in a foreign country but many of the less fortunate are at risk of losing their entire life savings, while being too old to rebuild their nest egg. It is even more depressing when no viable political solutions exist to give Greece’s citizens any hope of rebuilding their financial future”.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 03:42:24 AM

There is only one quote I don't like and a couple that need tweeking.

I love all the quotes of Melanie Shapiro except this one:

"It does worry me that bitcoin won't succeed, that something will stand in our way and we'll never see it live up to it's promise and this is sad because there are a lot of people who really need this to work."

It sounds a little desperate and too much like a lack of confidence in bitcoin.

This one sounds incomplete - I don't know what problem they are trying to solve:

"Bitcoin, crypto currencies, solved this problem of coming to a consensus globally where you don't trust anybody else"

Edit: (I watched the video - http://www.finextra.com/Video/Video.aspx?videoid=513) - The full quote is: "The core technology, had you asked me 5 years ago, I would have said was impossible.  Bitcoin, crypto currencies, solved this problem of coming to a consensus globally where you don't trust anybody else"

I really like the example the Canadian Senate is setting for other countries to hopefully follow in their footsteps of NOT over-regulating.  This quote is a little unclear since the recommendations are not numbered here.  It could end after the 'light touch' premise or after 'Recommendation 1'.

"The federal government, on an active and ongoing basis, work with other countries to formulate global guidelines for digital currencies while respecting the 'light touch' premise outlined in Recommendation 1 above."

I think all the other quotes are great, but I have no idea how many should be in a rotation.  Would it be a new or shuffled rotation everyday??

Do you want any more powerful people quotes?

Thanks, Chase. Yes, we can use some "more powerful people quote". I will be devoting more time on this project starting next week. We also need to develop a list of the most important subject matters that should be included.
HORT

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 11:30:30 AM

I think we need to include a glossary page defining some of the technical jargon on DCEBrief website. Most people will know this, however, for those just becoming interested having this glossary alongside all the other information will make the webpage more complete. Maybe we can set up a Google Document and have everyone's input? After all additions we can then edit for relevance.

Thoughts??
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 01:13:25 PM

I think we need to include a glossary page defining some of the technical jargon on DCEBrief website. Most people will know this, however, for those just becoming interested having this glossary alongside all the other information will make the webpage more complete. Maybe we can set up a Google Document and have everyone's input? After all additions we can then edit for relevance.

Thoughts??

I can envision that this site will become a "Goto" resource site for information and inspiration. We will make an attempt to define its mission next week to give us a better sense of directions. As technology evolves, mission statement also evolves over time. We just have to be very clear with our core mission. It is okay to keep adding resources and contents. However, we must be exceptionally careful not to "over clutter" the core messages we intend convey.

However, at this point we are collecting a shoe-box of ideas, and we can use a lot more. Keep them coming.

Imagine that we have a trusted global digital currency today that is available to everyone any where in the world and it represents 5% of the transaction in global commerce. Can you come up with a use case that may not be possible today, . ....................

Now what are the constraints we need to overcome to make the above possible. That will be a very important part of DCEBrief's core mission. That by the way, has been DNotes' goal from day one.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 02:57:53 PM

Thoughts??

I can envision that this site will become a "Goto" resource site for information and inspiration. We will make an attempt to define its mission next week to give us a better sense of directions. As technology evolves, mission statement also evolves over time. We just have to be very clear with our core mission. It is okay to keep adding resources and contents. However, we must be exceptionally careful not to "over clutter" the core messages we intend convey.

However, at this point we are collecting a shoe-box of ideas, and we can use a lot more. Keep them coming.

Imagine that we have a trusted global digital currency today that is available to everyone any where in the world and it represents 5% of the transaction in global commerce. Can you come up with a use case that may not be possible today, . ....................

Now what are the constraints we need to overcome to make the above possible. That will be a very important part of DCEBrief's core mission. That by the way, has been DNotes' goal from day one.

Not a bad idea. What we may be able to do so it does take up a lot of space is have hover links, where if you hold your mouse over a word it shows an explanation.

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 04:10:24 PM

Quote rotation should not present the same quote to any single reader more than once during an average stay if possible. When someone sees a quote they saw when first opening the site, it tends to make them aware of the time they have spent already and prompts them to move on.

Also make sure your hang time is long enough for the average reader, most of these quotes are long. You, the developer, have already read the quote so its easy for coders to make the reading time too short. This frustrates readers and prompts them to move on.

Quotes are important, they help to set the overall tone of the site and give some insight to what the Webmaster had in mind when creating the site in the first place. Give it some development time and it will be worth you while...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 05:35:13 PM

Quote rotation should not present the same quote to any single reader more than once during an average stay if possible. When someone sees a quote they saw when first opening the site, it tends to make them aware of the time they have spent already and prompts them to move on.

Also make sure your hang time is long enough for the average reader, most of these quotes are long. You, the developer, have already read the quote so its easy for coders to make the reading time too short. This frustrates readers and prompts them to move on.

Quotes are important, they help to set the overall tone of the site and give some insight to what the Webmaster had in mind when creating the site in the first place. Give it some development time and it will be worth you while...

Agree wholeheartedly RJF.

HORT

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 05:49:07 PM

Thoughts??

Not a bad idea. What we may be able to do so it does take up a lot of space is have hover links, where if you hold your mouse over a word it shows an explanation.

Excellent, I love the hover links idea!!!
HORT

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 05:52:21 PM

RJF I have run into this before and I have come up with a simple, but useful way to determine time on things like this. I read the statement/quote backwards word-for-word and time it. This definitely gives a better hang time estimation.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 06:02:10 PM

RJF I have run into this before and I have come up with a simple, but useful way to determine time on things like this. I read the statement/quote backwards word-for-word and time it. This definitely gives a better hang time estimation.

Very ingenious, I like that!

DNotesVault
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 06:06:37 PM

That's a great idea. I think I am going to change the quote only on page change/refresh. It moves all the content below the quote, so it can get a bit annoying.

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 06:15:48 PM

That's a great idea. I think I am going to change the quote only on page change/refresh. It moves all the content below the quote, so it can get a bit annoying.

That works and it doesn't require fancy scripting..

DNotesVault
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:02:59 PM

Here is a 'few' more quotes that we can pick and choose from.  I pre-apologize if I've duplicated anyone's. Smiley

"This is a nascent industry. Along with 3-D printers and nanotubes, cryptocurrency is the future. We need to encourage it, not discourage it. There is risk associated with every budding industry in America."   - Texas Congressman Steve Stockman

"Bitcoin is one of the most powerful innovations in finance in the past 500 years"  Paul Vigna and Michael Casey, authors of The Age Of Cryptocurrency

"Bitcoin values are quickly becoming a data point that our customers want to follow as they consider transacting, trading or investing with this emerging asset class."   -  Thomas Farley, NYSE Group president

"With this investment, we are tapping into a new asset class by teaming up with a leading platform that is bringing transparency, security and confidence to an important growth market." 
-  Thomas Farley, NYSE Group president commenting on the  launch of a bitcoin price index

“Bitcoin is a very sophisticated, globally distributed asset ledger.”    - IBM executive architect Richard Brown

“We have elected to put our money and faith in a mathematical framework that is free of politics and human error.”     - Tyler Winklevoss

“If we remember, 15 years ago if you were doing anything on the Internet you were going to make millions. I think it could be the same with Bitcoin.”   - Jered Kenna, Trade Hill CEO

“You put an open, decentralized ecosystem: open source, open standards, open networking and the intelligence and innovation pushed all the way to the edge — put that against a closed system, controlled by a central provider, whose permission you need in order to innovate and who will only innovate at the exclusion and competition of all of the other companies — and we will crush them.”  - Andreas Antonopoulos

"Our long-term thesis has been and continues to be that bitcoin and blockchain technology are going to prove to be two of the most significant and pervasive technologies the world has ever seen."  - Tyler Winklevoss

"There's a huge need for people with knowledge of the regulatory and compliance issues that, for businesses to accept and use bitcoins, there's a real barrier to understanding exactly how to account for them and what the tax implications are for them."  - New York University finance professor David Yermack

"There's really demand in the labor market for people who know about digital currencies"  - - New York University finance professor David Yermack

"When a currency is headed for a devastating crash, citizens do not have to just hope for the best anymore.  The free market has given them a new choice.  And more citizens are now relying on bitcoin air bags for safety."  -  38th Director of the US Mint Edmund C. Moy

"I am not surprised to find that interest in bitcoin is skyrocketing among citizens in these countries.  When a currency collapses, citizens want to sell the national currency they own for a more stable currency.  But their governments regulate the foreign currency and gold exchanges and usually ban conversions in a vain attempt to save their national currency."  - 38th Director of the US Mint Edmund C. Moy

“As we work to incorporate and adapt these powerful technological advances to the world of ‘Finance 2.0′, having an organized, strategic approach will aid all participants understand and embrace the Bitcoin ecosystem,” he said. “We believe that the long-term result will be more efficient markets, more cost-effective solutions for equity ownership, investment and trading and, ultimately, greater value and wealth creation for all participants in the world of finance and trading.” - Ron Quaranta, executive director of WSBA  Wall Street Bitcoin Alliance

"And it's not necessary for everyone who's going to use Bitcoin to understand the mining process, or the inner workings of how bitcoins move from wallet to wallet. You don't need to know all that for it to benefit your lifestyle."  Perianne Boring,  President of the Chamber of Digital Commerce

“At Global Impact, we are committed to serving the world’s most vulnerable people. Accepting donations in bitcoin gives us another way to do just that and puts us on the cutting edge of fundraising technology,” Global Impact Investment Vice President, Joseph Mettimano

"Digital currencies such as Bitcoin empower individuals to be in charge of their own finances and investments completely, though there could be higher risk associated."  Jeff Berwick, The Dollar Vigilante

“With the evolution of the Internet of Things and Bitcoin for example, fintech is developing at an incredible pace globally and it is important that we start balancing innovation and regulation to ensure that digital fintech can thrive without overly burdensome regulation and without causing more of a financial inclusion problem around the world”  - Christine Duhaime, co-founder of the Digital Finance Institute (DFI) and a prominent financial regulatory and counter terrorist financing lawyer in Canada

“As we add regulatory requirements to financial transactions, including in the digital fintech space, we negatively impact venture capital funding, stifle innovation and force greater numbers of people out of the banking system globally, especially women and people living in poverty.  -Christine Duhaime, co-founder of the Digital Finance Institute (DFI) and a prominent financial regulatory and counter terrorist financing lawyer in Canada

There is a tremendous amount of small-scale entrepreneurship lead by women in the developing world, and keeping transaction fees low will allow them to expand beyond the confines of a cash-based model without requiring them to give up a substantial portion of their profit margins to credit card fees. 
-  Arianna Simpson on the benefits of bitcoin to women in developing countries

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
KidCrypto

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:12:35 PM

waiting on the grexit pump  Grin
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 09:16:39 PM

Here is a 'few' more quotes that we can pick and choose from.  I pre-apologize if I've duplicated anyone's. Smiley

There are some gems in there Chase. These quotes will help people to understand how important digital currency is.

Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: