Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:04:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 11:16:21 PM

" . . . completely peer to peer . . . '

Woo hoo!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 11:30:40 PM

Press release looks fantastic, I like DCEBrief's layout much more than everywhere else!!

Dear community,

I am working on another video - this time a more marketing based video that will highlight what makes DNotes different compared to industry peers, and what our loose plans are. We could consider it an "Introduction to DNotes" - who we are, where we are going, and why we are doing what we do.

This video will be more scripted than the previous interview I have done, and I am aiming for a more polished final product to use as advertising. My question is: what would you guys think is important to mention when it comes to DNotes - that could be communicated in a four minute video. I have currently got notes that include the aspects outlined by DYNA that were used in Chase's introduction on crytomoms.com:

Cultural differences - respect / reward community / fosters positive atmosphere and growth

Trusted brand - Trust / don't announce projects until near completion (don't affect prices at exchanges) which means we can continue with agile development strategy / always follow through with announced plans / self funded - do not ask community for donations / do not partake in pump and dump / focus on executing current and future strategies and developing technologies at perfect time etc...

Long-term committment - Focus to attract long-term stakeholders / target mainstream population rather than just current crypto industry / focus on participation of under-represented demographics by helping provide education and exposure to them - i.e. Women, developing nations or the unbanked (in future) etc...

Projects that facilitate this long-term commitment - CRISP plans for retirement / students / trust funds / employees / charity, DNotesVault for security and ease of use, DCEBrief to educate the mainstream and decision makers by providing objective news that is helpful because the mainstream media remains naive on the technology.

Requirements for success? - stability, unit of account, medium of exchange - to achieve require outreach (DCEBrief) long term plan... etc

Our future plan - To be a digital currency that is accepted as a viable medium of exchange / to make payments completely peer to peer between market participants and making payments cheaper in the process, to make DNotes the digital currency of global commerce (mass acceptance), no central control or middlemen, executing plan to make this happen, roadmap includes a for profit company in 2016 that will be partly owned by the DNotes currency eco-system.

It is in no particular order, and I won't necessarily use it all. Feel free to add more to this list, or to give advice on tone of the conversation / video - i.e. don't compare / contrast too much with current industry:

that is, don't call the industry often juvenile and rude, then compare that to our more cultured approach, but just focus on how we're more polite and how that facilitates a more friendly and patient atmosphere for new industry participants to learn in...etc.

Thanks, keeping busy.

Excellent TeeGee! One thing that keeps coming to mind, Sustainability. As I watch projects in our industry pop up I find myself thinking how is that project sustainable. Get funding, create or start a product, run out of money. We are creating a pathway that will allow us to be here for the long term and be able to support the DNotes ecosystem long term by creating this revenue generating company and by not pushing forward prematurely and before we are ready. This may or may not be appropriate for this video.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 12:09:20 AM

I'm also watching tomorrows Fed announcement with a keen eye. Most commentators seem to be of the opinion that there will be a rates rise (and there may just), however I personally don't think they possibly can unless the Fed are purposefully going to collapse the system. Even a 25 basis point rise would see 800 billion dollars taken out of the system (more than QE2 from all world central banks combined), and would see the S&P drop to around ~1400. Goldman Sach's are now officially selling their High Yield bonds to their clients... there is no chance any 'responsible' person would raise rates. I however, do not view the Fed as responsible - but an actor in self-interest. The High Yield will spread to investment grade debt fairly soon, and the QE4 that I foresee the Fed announcing sometime in January will be used to transfer ALL of this debt to the public - all the risk will be taken on by your tax dollars, whereupon it will be safe for the banking system (the Fed) to then collapse the system and not make any loss themselves... I feel really uncomfortable with this, because I can foresee this ponzi scheme harming a lot of people if such a collapse were to occur - I don't enjoy speculating like this, but I think it's necessary to discuss on such an important day. I think the world economy is in a very fragile state, and tomorrows announcement is going to have massive ramifications to world markets.

I did initially think there would be enough 'money' / liquidity in the system to carry the economy through to Feb, however I now think that was a bit generous. The shadow banking system (the creation of credit that has no regulatory oversight) is heading negative, and most commentators don't even know what the shadow banking system is (nor most economists... I also struggle to get my head around it). The shadow banking system, in my view, is the economic limiting constraint on the Fed's upcoming announcement which I believe will prevent them from lifting rates. I think they're playing a game of making people believe they're going to raise rates, which will have the same effect as if they actually did.

This isn't to say there won't be a rates rise tomorrow (they could change their target slightly), but god. help. us. if they do. As IMZ has pointed out, crypto's future lies in fiat currency economic instability - people may rush to send their assets to safer assets like physical gold / crypto. Let us see what happens tomorrow with the Fed announcement and any effect it may have on the Bitcoin price. I'll be interested to see if the overwhelming majority of commentators had any substance to their claims, or if it is just an 'echo-chamber' of adopted opinion.

Have a good day all. I'll check back tomorrow - in the meantime I'll pray for no rates rise.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 01:51:30 AM

Excellent TeeGee! One thing that keeps coming to mind, Sustainability. As I watch projects in our industry pop up I find myself thinking how is that project sustainable. Get funding, create or start a product, run out of money. We are creating a pathway that will allow us to be here for the long term and be able to support the DNotes ecosystem long term by creating this revenue generating company and by not pushing forward prematurely and before we are ready. This may or may not be appropriate for this video.

+1 on sustainability.
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 01:55:06 AM

Probably one of the most promising altcoins actually,  Smiley buying some and waiting for updated news about company
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 01:57:47 AM

Probably one of the most promising altcoins actually,  Smiley buying some and waiting for updated news about company

Welcome bhokor, glad to hear you are interested in DNotes!

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 02:50:22 AM

dnotes pool needs support on the mining front my dad and I are pretty much all the hash there,,we need help ...love the news as well I just keep holding, mining no matter the price this one is my daughters future,everyone band together and support this super DEV team you really cant ask for more in crypto its all right here....

Better now?  Grin

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 02:51:47 AM

dnotes pool needs support on the mining front my dad and I are pretty much all the hash there,,we need help ...love the news as well I just keep holding, mining no matter the price this one is my daughters future,everyone band together and support this super DEV team you really cant ask for more in crypto its all right here....

Got you, looks like DNotesPool had some unexpected downtime and needs some additional hashrate to get back up to speed if anyone can contribute their mining power. We would appreciate it. I'm sure once everyone resets their miners it will help as well.

Added around 80 MH/s

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:03:18 AM

Got Dnotes onto and off Cryptsy in under ten minutes. WTS.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:59:55 AM

Getting DNotes in and out of Cryptsy is quick and problem free when I tested it a couple of days ago. Sending Bitcoin out is still a problem. I am still waiting for two transactions sent 5 days ago.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:01:09 AM

Got you, looks like DNotesPool had some unexpected downtime and needs some additional hashrate to get back up to speed if anyone can contribute their mining power. We would appreciate it. I'm sure once everyone resets their miners it will help as well.

Added around 80 MH/s

Thanks, RJF.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:21:03 AM

Welcome to DNotes, bhokor. DNotes is a long term investment. We believe that for the currency to be useful and valuable as a medium of exchange there has to be fundamental value to support it, hence a for profit company. The real payoff could take a few years and best suited for long term investors. We know that we are making all the right moves, but also mindful not to get ahead of ourselves.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 02:37:05 PM

Added around 80 MH/s

Thanks, RJF.

Thanks all, looks like it's back up to 400+.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 04:10:49 PM

http://dcebrief.com/5-things-we-learned-about-bitcoin-in-2015/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 04:23:57 PM

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13398538/1/bitcoin-alternative-dnotes-announces-company-launch-and-book-for-small-business-owners-in-2016.html

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:54:51 PM

Excellent article Evander!

"Meanwhile, companies like Coinbase are having no problems with their business plan, as they have had their best year ever, building a domestic exchange, while holding millions of Bitcoin wallets. Maybe bitcoin isn’t the problem here?" This is quoteworthy!!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 06:00:56 PM

Getting DNotes in and out of Cryptsy is quick and problem free when I tested it a couple of days ago. Sending Bitcoin out is still a problem. I am still waiting for two transactions sent 5 days ago.

From BigVern @cryptsy3h - "All wallets will be offline on Friday 12/18 for one hour due to equipment changes."

Looks like they may have identified the problem or at least, one of the problems. Good news!

DNotesVault
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 06:06:03 PM

"Meanwhile, companies like Coinbase are having no problems with their business plan, as they have had their best year ever, building a domestic exchange, while holding millions of Bitcoin wallets. Maybe bitcoin isn’t the problem here?" This is quoteworthy!!

Another from him I really like, used to be in my tag line:

"The establishment is fighting a tech battle against Bitcoin using technology that’s only sixty years old. It seems to be going about as well as can be expected..." - Evander Smart

DNotesVault
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 06:15:15 PM

Press release looks fantastic, I like DCEBrief's layout much more than everywhere else!!

Dear community,

I am working on another video - this time a more marketing based video that will highlight what makes DNotes different compared to industry peers, and what our loose plans are. We could consider it an "Introduction to DNotes" - who we are, where we are going, and why we are doing what we do.

This video will be more scripted than the previous interview I have done, and I am aiming for a more polished final product to use as advertising. My question is: what would you guys think is important to mention when it comes to DNotes - that could be communicated in a four minute video. I have currently got notes that include the aspects outlined by DYNA that were used in Chase's introduction on crytomoms.com:

Cultural differences - respect / reward community / fosters positive atmosphere and growth

Trusted brand - Trust / don't announce projects until near completion (don't affect prices at exchanges) which means we can continue with agile development strategy / always follow through with announced plans / self funded - do not ask community for donations / do not partake in pump and dump / focus on executing current and future strategies and developing technologies at perfect time etc...

Long-term committment - Focus to attract long-term stakeholders / target mainstream population rather than just current crypto industry / focus on participation of under-represented demographics by helping provide education and exposure to them - i.e. Women, developing nations or the unbanked (in future) etc...

Projects that facilitate this long-term commitment - CRISP plans for retirement / students / trust funds / employees / charity, DNotesVault for security and ease of use, DCEBrief to educate the mainstream and decision makers by providing objective news that is helpful because the mainstream media remains naive on the technology.

Requirements for success? - stability, unit of account, medium of exchange - to achieve require outreach (DCEBrief) long term plan... etc

Our future plan - To be a digital currency that is accepted as a viable medium of exchange / to make payments completely peer to peer between market participants and making payments cheaper in the process, to make DNotes the digital currency of global commerce (mass acceptance), no central control or middlemen, executing plan to make this happen, roadmap includes a for profit company in 2016 that will be partly owned by the DNotes currency eco-system.

It is in no particular order, and I won't necessarily use it all. Feel free to add more to this list, or to give advice on tone of the conversation / video - i.e. don't compare / contrast too much with current industry:

that is, don't call the industry often juvenile and rude, then compare that to our more cultured approach, but just focus on how we're more polite and how that facilitates a more friendly and patient atmosphere for new industry participants to learn in...etc.

Thanks, keeping busy.

We expanded our news distribution and hundreds more news outlets have published the announcement of our new company and the book launch in the first half of 2016.

DNotes is very systematic, yet patience, in everything we do, but may not always be easy for everyone to understand. Building a trusted brand and good name recognition is a long and expensive process. We are one of the most PR astute players in our industry, with a significant amount of resources invested in PR campaigns. Yet, I doubt if more than 50% of the people in our industry have even heard of DNotes or CryptoMoms. Consequently, our PR efforts must continue alone those lines. Don’t expect people to support DNotes if they have not even heard of it; definitely wishful thinking that they would accept DNotes as a medium of exchange; not until they know DNotes well.

Everything that we have been doing, and continue to do is towards building DNotes as the trusted global digital currency for everyone worldwide to participate. It will take a combination of many strategic plans/projects executed over a number of years. Your consideration if DNotes is a worthy long term investment should place high emphasis on the strategic path we have laid out and what we have delivered based on what we promised. I do sense that short term investors have the tendency to ask “Are we there yet?”  No, we have a long way to go.

We are reaching out even more aggressively beyond our industry in 2016. It will be an exciting year. We believe that many more will begin to understand and appreciate why we have taken a very different path. I trust that Tim (TeeGee) will represent us well in articulating “The DNotes Difference” in the new video he is working. We are very appreciated of his dedicated efforts and hard work. Thank you very much. Tim.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 06:32:07 PM

Another from him I really like, used to be in my tag line:

"The establishment is fighting a tech battle against Bitcoin using technology that’s only sixty years old. It seems to be going about as well as can be expected..." - Evander Smart

"Maybe bitcoin isn’t the problem here?" No. Bitcoin is not the problem. Incumbents facing the threat of being disrupted have the tendency to remain ignorance so that the truth can conveniently be misrepresented.
Pages: « 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: