Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:28:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 [418] 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 03:55:10 PM

Blockchain Weekly Recap 12-19-2015

ANZ Banking Group Joins Hyperledger Project.
DHS Seeking Blockchain Research Proposals.
JPMorgan Lists Blockchain Technology among Highest Priorities.
Blockchain Straw Poll Conducted for 5th GOP Debate.
McKinsey Report Urges Banks to Unite to Realize Benefits of Blockchain Tech.

http://dcebrief.com/blockchain-weekly-recap-12-19-2015/

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 03:57:06 PM

Dear Dnotes friends and family,

Like a Big thanks to Dnotes,Dce Brief and this community,GMC dev team decided to advertise logos of DCE brief and CRISP for students in our Grand Prix race.
You are all invited to register on our web wallet http://wallet.gamecredits.org/ and take your chance to win 15000 GameCredits.After registration,download link will show,unzip it and enjoy.
Every registered user have 50 free attempts.To get more attempts user can share his results on Twitter or Facebook.That way,we are trying to get more players and more people educate about crypto industry.So,you are all welcome.
In next 2 days,players can practice.After that race for prize will start.All details are published on : http://dcebrief.com/more-than-just-a-game-how-gamecredits-can-benefit-the-emerging-relationship-between-gaming-and-cryptocurrency/

I hope you will like to play the game and we all together can make this all bigger.

King regards and thanks again

Nele

This is great! Thanks neleonele! I hope everyone here understands the importance of this. DNotes inclusion in this game is the future of advertising and marketing as the digital revolution matures. Online games, offline games, all sources that capture the users interest for prolonged periods of time are invaluable in the advertising world. The more impressions and exposure you can get in the subliminal or, "fringe" area of the users attention, the more your brand is driven home.

As entertainment continues to move away from television to online media and gaming, the more important it is for DNotes and other new technology businesses to develop and nurture a presence inside of this media. Gaming especially and similar diversions are most important. The message is presented in a way that remains in the subconscious long after the player has moved out of the media.

Take the screen shot above, if you were the player driving that car, every time you thought about that move, spin out, race, etc, there's DNotes in the picture.  It's burned into that memory unlike TV where people generally "veg out" and don't remember anything they have just seen after a few minutes.

And, as a side benefit, it nurtures a relationship between the game developer and the advertiser above and beyond simply paying for a 30 second spot on the boob tube or in print. Its a win/win for all concerned. I would like to see us do more in this area if possible.

I wouldn't hurt to investigate more of this type of product placement...

Very well said, RJF. We do not like to over commit but once DNotes reached a better position of strength, especially, financial strength, expect us to be investing in a lot of strategic partnership projects. GMC is high on our list and I agree with all the great points you made. I would love to see some good educational games for kids as well.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 04:37:38 PM

Dear Dnotes friends and family,

Like a Big thanks to Dnotes,Dce Brief and this community,GMC dev team decided to advertise logos of DCE brief and CRISP for students in our Grand Prix race.
You are all invited to register on our web wallet http://wallet.gamecredits.org/ and take your chance to win 15000 GameCredits.After registration,download link will show,unzip it and enjoy.
Every registered user have 50 free attempts.To get more attempts user can share his results on Twitter or Facebook.That way,we are trying to get more players and more people educate about crypto industry.So,you are all welcome.
In next 2 days,players can practice.After that race for prize will start.All details are published on : http://dcebrief.com/more-than-just-a-game-how-gamecredits-can-benefit-the-emerging-relationship-between-gaming-and-cryptocurrency/

I hope you will like to play the game and we all together can make this all bigger.

King regards and thanks again

Nele

This is great! Thanks neleonele! I hope everyone here understands the importance of this. DNotes inclusion in this game is the future of advertising and marketing as the digital revolution matures. Online games, offline games, all sources that capture the users interest for prolonged periods of time are invaluable in the advertising world. The more impressions and exposure you can get in the subliminal or, "fringe" area of the users attention, the more your brand is driven home.

As entertainment continues to move away from television to online media and gaming, the more important it is for DNotes and other new technology businesses to develop and nurture a presence inside of this media. Gaming especially and similar diversions are most important. The message is presented in a way that remains in the subconscious long after the player has moved out of the media.

Take the screen shot above, if you were the player driving that car, every time you thought about that move, spin out, race, etc, there's DNotes in the picture.  It's burned into that memory unlike TV where people generally "veg out" and don't remember anything they have just seen after a few minutes.

And, as a side benefit, it nurtures a relationship between the game developer and the advertiser above and beyond simply paying for a 30 second spot on the boob tube or in print. Its a win/win for all concerned. I would like to see us do more in this area if possible.

I wouldn't hurt to investigate more of this type of product placement...

Very well said, RJF. We do not like to over commit but once DNotes reached a better position of strength, especially, financial strength, expect us to be investing in a lot of strategic partnership projects. GMC is high on our list and I agree with all the great points you made. I would love to see some good educational games for kids as well.

Great post RJF, as Alan mentioned we will be on the lookout for strategic partnerships and mutually beneficial advertising opportunities. Our philosophy allows us to have an interest in the success of our industry as a whole and opens up opportunities like this to work together with other parties with similar interests, though our primary focus is DNotes.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 07:36:23 PM

[Sigh]

Meanwhile, on Cryptsy . . .

changed the password on one of my Cr. accounts yesterday. Got the 'Yup. Done!' message. But now locked out. (No funds in it.)

78 wallets down at this second -- 2 less than yesterday.

But . . . just tried moving Dnotes on to and off Cryptsy. Wham! Three minutes each way.

It looks like their upgrade a few hours ago was successful. DNotes seemed to be working fine. Unfortunately, I still have not received two withdrawals at .1 BTC each sent to two separate accounts on 12/10/15. I am curious to know if anyone successfully withdrew BTC from Cryptsy the last 7 days.

Not me. I'm still waiting for a withdrawal request from over a week ago to process. They closed the ticket about it, too, which I thought was bad form. I'm sure they are making progress on their technical stuff, but it's almost as if they are trying to alienate their customers through lousy customer relations. My understanding is that the developers who are working on the back end are not communicating much of any relevant information to the support staff, so the support staff can't tell us anything when they answer our tickets. Like I said, it's like they're *trying* to do everything all wrong on the customer service side.

Edit: No Twitter update about the recent upgrade either. Yet another bad choice. So... if you're looking to launch something amazing in the crypto world, just look at how Cryptsy handles PR and customer service and *don't* do that!
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 10:29:10 PM

[Sigh]

changed the password on one of my Cr. accounts yesterday. Got the 'Yup. Done!' message. But now locked out. (No funds in it.)

But . . . just tried moving Dnotes on to and off Cryptsy. Wham! Three minutes each way.

It looks like their upgrade a few hours ago was successful. DNotes seemed to be working fine. Unfortunately, I still have not received two withdrawals at .1 BTC each sent to two separate accounts on 12/10/15. I am curious to know if anyone successfully withdrew BTC from Cryptsy the last 7 days.

Not me. I'm still waiting for a withdrawal request from over a week ago to process. They closed the ticket about it, too, which I thought was bad form. I'm sure they are making progress on their technical stuff, but it's almost as if they are trying to alienate their customers through lousy customer relations. My understanding is that the developers who are working on the back end are not communicating much of any relevant information to the support staff, so the support staff can't tell us anything when they answer our tickets. Like I said, it's like they're *trying* to do everything all wrong on the customer service side.

Edit: No Twitter update about the recent upgrade either. Yet another bad choice. So... if you're looking to launch something amazing in the crypto world, just look at how Cryptsy handles PR and customer service and *don't* do that!

One would think that any business owners would know that good PR and good customer service are critical to business success, as well as sustaining a successful business. Unfortunately, that is not the case. It is one of the major causes of business failures.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 11:36:35 PM

This is a pretty interesting read from Charlie Lee, who is the creator of litecoin and current director of engineering for Coinbase. Eating the Bitcoin Cake. It's a lengthy article talking more in depth about the transaction limit and why it is such a difficult problem to solve and come to a consensus on the resolution. I would be doing a disservice to article to quote it out of context, so I will just recommend it is worth the lengthy read.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:39:12 AM

This is a pretty interesting read from Charlie Lee, who is the creator of litecoin and current director of engineering for Coinbase. Eating the Bitcoin Cake. It's a lengthy article talking more in depth about the transaction limit and why it is such a difficult problem to solve and come to a consensus on the resolution. I would be doing a disservice to article to quote it out of context, so I will just recommend it is worth the lengthy read.

Very interesting article. Charlie is a great story teller. I agreed with his conclusion:

"Bitcoin is not one-size-fits-all

I contend that we should design bitcoin for security and decentralization above all else.

Transactions that need the highest security and decentralization will need to pay the higher transaction fees required to use the bitcoin network. Not all transactions can afford this fee, but then they likely don’t need the security and decentralization.

And that's perfectly fine.

They can use litecoin and altcoins, sidechains, payment channels, the Lightning Network, off-blockchain networks, and other yet to be created networks to send those transactions.

Heck, they can still use Visa if merchants are willing to pay the fees.

You would use bitcoin to buy a house or a car. A 60-minute wait and a $1 fee for an extremely secure, decentralized and irreversible transaction is perfectly fine.

If you are buying coffee and need a cheap but fast transaction and don’t care about security or decentralization, you can use litecoin, the Lightning Network, sidechains or even Starbucks off-blockchain transactions.

As long as everything is seamless, users don’t care. Transactions will be routed to the payment network that makes the most sense based on the needs of that transaction type.

Technologies like on-chain swaps, the Lightning Network, payment channels and sidechains will allow seamless and cheap and free conversions between bitcoin and everything else.

Wallets will hide all that complexity from users. We are not there yet, but that future is very exciting. Not every transaction will be native to bitcoin, but every person will use bitcoin
."

Source:
http://www.coindesk.com/eating-the-bitcoin-cake/
wargo

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Technician

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 01:38:12 PM

Payment system: http://payments.e-waluty.net.pl/
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 02:49:03 PM

I see you have posted this link without explanation in many different forums. Since the page is not in English, would you care to elaborate on what you are trying to say here?

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
wargo

Technician

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 03:26:06 PM

I see you have posted this link without explanation in many different forums. Since the page is not in English, would you care to elaborate on what you are trying to say here?

It allows accepting NOTE without installing client.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 03:30:46 PM

Interesting. Would you mind giving us a little more detail? How is this used and are there working examples?

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 03:44:25 PM

Interesting. Would you mind giving us a little more detail? How is this used and are there working examples?

Thanks wargo, ditto here, would like to know more. Are the payments sent directly to your daemon and added to an account on your site?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 03:51:31 PM

Digital Currency Weekly Recap 12-20-2015

The Downer Roundup.
Japan Reportedly Readying Bitcoin Regulations.
eCurrency Mint Proposes Centralized Digital Currency.
Ripple Trade Support Ending in 2016.
Pentagon-Sponsored RAND Report Plays Up Crypto Threat.

http://dcebrief.com/digital-currency-weekly-recap-12-20-2015/

wargo

Technician

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 04:12:12 PM

Thanks wargo, ditto here, would like to know more. Are the payments sent directly to your daemon and added to an account on your site?
To my daemon and then to your address
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 06:05:12 PM

To my daemon and then to your address

Oh good, I like the idea that it passes the coins back to your address. I'll give a try this coming week.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 07:02:18 PM

Digital Currency Weekly Recap 12-20-2015

The Downer Roundup.
Japan Reportedly Readying Bitcoin Regulations.
eCurrency Mint Proposes Centralized Digital Currency.
Ripple Trade Support Ending in 2016.
Pentagon-Sponsored RAND Report Plays Up Crypto Threat.

http://dcebrief.com/digital-currency-weekly-recap-12-20-2015/

Great Recap Ken!

eCurrency Mint Proposes Centralized Digital Currency
In a move that is almost certain to evoke an unenthusiastic response from most digital currency enthusiasts, a company called eCurrency Mint is proposing a technological solution that could give central banks the tools they need to start issuing their own digital currency. According to reports, it would be centralized, and the supply of the currency would fluctuate in accordance with a given nation’s monetary policies. If that sounds almost indistinguishable from today’s fiat dollar, it is with good reason: the developers consciously worked to include many of the dollar’s features in their new currency.

They should check out Canada's costly 2 year MintChip experiment that failed.  In my opinion, people are not going to flock to digital currency because it is digital or backed by a government. They will adopt it because it is a safe haven for their wealth that is FREE from government manipulation, corruption, inflation, and all the other pitfalls of fiat currency.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 07:39:51 PM

[Sigh]

Has anyone seen the new format/layout at the polo exchange!??! I am too damn old to learn new stuff I don't really need to learn!!

Smokey

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 07:57:19 PM

[Sigh]

Has anyone seen the new format/layout at the polo exchange!??! I am too damn old to learn new stuff I don't really need to learn!!

Smokey

I'll give you a ring, I did notice they have a mobile site, that might be the one you are seeing.

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 09:06:30 PM

[Sigh]

Smokey

I'll give you a ring, I did notice they have a mobile site, that might be the one you are seeing.

Must be mobile, no difference here on the main site but, I agree, I don't like total reworks of a site, lots of wasted time to re-learn everything.

DNotesVault
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 02:00:27 AM

Interesting article on coindesk, Why Bitcoin May Solve This Age-Old Economic Paradox. DNotes, if successful, will have a much better chance at solving these problems on a global scale.

Although the United States Federal Reserve Note carries with it many advantages for conducting commerce and serving as a world reserve currency, its makeup is not void of imperfections.

One of the main shortcomings of the US dollar is the Triffin dilemma, a problem which arises when countries must manage both short term domestic and long term international economic objectives.

Such a dilemma can lead to trade deficits when a country must also satisfy international demand of its currency.

Where the dollar falls victim to the Triffin dilemma, however, the stateless characteristics of bitcoin may hold promise to solve this international monetary flaw, and provide the backbone for a more interdependent global economy.

The Triffin dilemma

The economist Robert Triffin first brought to light an international monetary issue involving the nation holding reserve currency status and the impact such a role would have on domestic trade deficits.

Such a currency arrangement is usually cited to articulate the problems with the role of the dollar as the reserve currency under the Bretton Woods system.

The countries issuing a reserve currency, which foreign nations would wish to hold, must be willing to supply extra money stock to fulfill global demand. Such an arrangement would inevitably lead to operating a trade deficit.

In March of 2009, in the midst of the recent Great Recession, the People's Bank of China Governor Zhou Xiaochuan voiced his displeasure of the current makeup of the world reserve currency.

Known for his reformist tendencies, Xiaochuan made clear the need for creating "an international reserve currency that is disconnected from individual nations". Such an international reserve currency, he insisted, could provide stable value, rule-based issuance, and manageable supply necessary for achieving prolonged financial prosperity.

[...]

Can Bitcoin Solve the Triffin Dilemma?

The Triffin Dilemma, where countries issuing reserve currencies attempt to simultaneously manage national savings levels with necessary international liquidity, continues to act as a barrier to economic growth. However, could it be that the introduction of bitcoin brings forth a viable solution to the Triffin Dilemma?

If we assume that the prerequisites for a currency capable of solving the Triffin dilemma were to provide the following, it may be possible to argue that bitcoin is the perfect fit.

Stable value
     Rule-based issuance
     Manageable supply schedule

In a recent analysis of the price volatility of bitcoin, Eli Dourado estimates that the stability of bitcoin could match that of the Euro within 15 years. Largely a product of an increasing number of active users, the Federal Reserve Board of Washington also estimates that the userbase of bitcoin is doubling roughly every 8 months.

Pages: « 1 ... 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 [418] 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: