Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:57:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 [419] 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:00:52 AM

[Sigh]

Meanwhile, on Cryptsy . . .

changed the password on one of my Cr. accounts yesterday. Got the 'Yup. Done!' message. But now locked out. (No funds in it.)

78 wallets down at this second -- 2 less than yesterday.

But . . . just tried moving Dnotes on to and off Cryptsy. Wham! Three minutes each way.

It looks like their upgrade a few hours ago was successful. DNotes seemed to be working fine. Unfortunately, I still have not received two withdrawals at .1 BTC each sent to two separate accounts on 12/10/15. I am curious to know if anyone successfully withdrew BTC from Cryptsy the last 7 days.

Has anyone seen the new format/layout at the polo exchange!??! I am too damn old to learn new stuff I don't really need to learn!!

Smokey

I'll give you a ring, I did notice they have a mobile site, that might be the one you are seeing.

Must be mobile, no difference here on the main site but, I agree, I don't like total reworks of a site, lots of wasted time to re-learn everything.

One of our guys is full of enthusiasm for this, Poloniex Mobile. His point -- I gotta find time to get more data -- is that more and more and more Net stuff is happening on 'mobiles.' Sigh: once again, I gotta scramble to catch up.

Mark
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:40:41 PM

Here is a great article on Female Entrepreneurship I found on LinkedIn. I am spending most of my time on writing my book these days. If you have any questions regarding this article, I will be happy to answer them.

We're Entering the Golden Age of Female Entrepreneurship — and It'll be Amazing

Dec 14, 2015
•   2,330 Likes
•  
167 Comments

In this series, professionals predict the ideas and trends that will shape 2016. Read the posts here, then write your own (use #BigIdeas2016 in your piece).

2016 will be the year in which the forces of entrepreneurialism and feminism converge. Together, they will drive a long-wave, golden age of female entrepreneurship, which will be a positive for all of us: positive and empowering for the women who make the leap, good for the economy, good for consumers, and good for society.

This surge is being — and will be — driven by a handful of converging forces:
1) The first is the broadening recognition that startups with female leadership are more successful than those run by men only… by good measure… by some pretty significant players in the space. First Round Capital recently reported 63% better performance by its companies with women leaders than by all-male leadership teams.

2) Look around, and you’re beginning to see a critical mass of inspirational, successful female entrepreneurs, leading the way and providing examples. They’ve founded and run businesses such as 23andMe, Rent the Runway, TheRealReal, Birchbox, Spanx, Stitch Fix, Dry Bar, BaubleBar, Tory Burch, The Honest Company, Houzz, Lynda.com…. You get my point. And the list gets longer every day.
No playing by the boys-club rules for these entrepreneurs. No asking permission. And they are forever banishing the concept that women’s businesses are supposed to be little or cute or limited to small-scale, home crafts. Or make-up. And their success is resonating, such that when I’m on business school and college campuses, entrepreneurialism is discussed at every meeting I have with female students.

3) There is a growing ecosystem supporting women entrepreneurs and women-owned businesses. These provide some combination of coaching, networking, instruction and introduction to funding sources; they include Astiaon the west coast, Springboard on the east coast, and EY’s Entrepreneurial Winning Women initiative. And women’s networks that can provide entrepreneurs with valuable peer and business connections include my ownEllevate Network, as well as other professional women’s networks, such wasUpward Women, Women 2.0, and Levo League.

Underpinning the emergence of these organizations, and entrepreneurial women supporting each other, is a growing recognition that it’s not just one or two or three female entrepreneurs who can be successful, as in the old days of one-seat-at-the-table-for-a-woman in corporate America. Instead, there is room for the pie to grow and for us lift each other up. A strong women’s entrepreneurial network may be just as important as any other network, given the idiosyncratic challenges that female entrepreneurs face.

4) The cost of technology is coming down fast, enabling entrepreneurs to start businesses in ways we simply couldn’t even a handful of years ago. An example: the technology and client platform at Merrill Lynch (all proprietary, all whiz-bang) cost hundreds of millions of dollars to build; by some estimates it cost more than $1 billion. A few years ago I met with an entrepreneur who had put in place a platform that replicates parts of what the Merrill platform does. Not all of it; not as well, I’m sure. It cost him $25 million.

Today, my team and I are building Ellevest, a digital investment offering for women. The first version of the platform — with many fewer features than those two, to be sure, but doing the same underlying thing — will cost not $1 billion, not $25 million, but $2 million to build. Big difference. And not possible 10 years ago. Or five years ago. Or, for some features of the platform, even six months ago.

5) The other costs of running a business are also coming down. Think freelancers for certain functions, instead of full-time employees. Think short-term shared workspace rentals, at places like WeWork, rather than crushing long-term leases. Think outsourcing some of the HR and accounting functions. Think videoconferencing services, such as FaceTime and Google Hangouts, as opposed to business travel; think on-demand user testing instead of expensive focus groups; and think cloud services instead of software licenses and physical servers.

6) Entrepreneurialism is no longer just for the young, but is becoming an equal-opportunity opportunity, expanding its impact. I’m increasingly seeing that women “of a certain age” are finding that, after the kids head off to college, they have oceans of time (particularly compared to the balancing act of kids and work and “having it all” and the “never letting them see you sweat” ethos of women-at-work for so many years). And women are living longer. And they have valuable experience. And they have the financial means to take on some business risk.

So this opens the entrepreneurial wave to more than just younger women. Think Arianna Huffington and The Huffington Post. Think Joni Evans and her crew of women in media who founded wowOwow. Think Deborah Jackson, who founded Plum Alley. OK, put me on the list too, having come to entrepreneurialism in my 40s.

7) There are more sources of funding for women entrepreneurs. Sure, the venture capital numbers remain appalling… and don’t show much sign of changing… yet. But crowdfunding is now being opened up to more investors, and women entrepreneurs are as, or more, successful than men-run businesses in this arena.

Add to this the growth of women-focused crowd-funding venues (such as Plum Alley), women-focused angel investing groups (such as Pipeline Angels, Portfolia, and Golden Seeds), and for-women business loans (through the Tory Burch Foundation), and you’ve got real momentum.
The impact of all of this?

It’s all good:
Success begets success. As more of these companies are successful, the bigger venture capital dollars will come into these businesses… though it may still take a while for their “pattern recognition” mode of doing business to recognize these seismic shifts.

These women-run businesses will grow the economy.  And many of them will make the lives of other women better (and more fun). I sort of doubt Rent the Runway was ever going to be started by a guy. Nor was Birchbox. Nor was Dry Bar. And nor was Ellevest. And I know this, because I presented the opportunity to any number of male CEOs in financial services, who simply weren’t able to see women investors as anything but a niche market.

These businesses will also provide great places for other women (and men) to work. In fact, the women of Ellevate Network tell us that they often start businesses in order to build the businesses at which they want to work… and the No. 1 reason they accept a job is “meaning and purpose.” So it stands to reason that many of these companies will provide modern, people-friendly work environments.

The losers? Those companies who don’t “get it” and keep operating as though the rules of the past for engaging women (mostly male leadership teams marketing to women… and the belief that simply sponsoring a big female diversity group that hosts lots of events means your company is female-friendly). Before, our choice was to stay at those companies and chip away at the issue or head home; today, it’s much more attainable for us to start our own thing.

So the Big Idea for 2016? We are entering the golden age of female entrepreneurship.
The Bigger Idea? Women will begin to recognize this, and the power we have to control our own economic and financial fate.

Sallie Krawcheck is the Co-Founder and CEO of Ellevest, a digital investment platform for women, to be launched in 2016. She is the Chair of Ellevate Network, the global professional women’s network.

Source:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/big-idea-2016-were-entering-golden-age-female-itll-sallie-krawcheck
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:50:53 PM

There is an interesting article out today on why banks are all-in on blockchain and all-out on bitcoin.  It's not much of a surprise to those who have been watching this unfold, but for anyone that is just learning about cryptocurrency, it is important for them to keep hearing that what the banks are offering is NOTHING like what bitcoin (and DNotes) has to offer.

What’s Behind Banks’ Hyping Blockchain And Not Bitcoin? A Defensive Play, One Observer Claims

Hardly a day goes by without another bank or financial organization heralding the blockchain as the wave of the future while saying bitcoin is falling by the wayside. Do veteran cryptocurrency observers find something a bit strange in this? Can you really have the blockchain without cryptocurrency?

Rupert Hackett, community manager of Australia-based buyabitcoin.com.au, tackles this question head-on in an opinion piece in Venture Beat. He observes that initially, banks and financial institutions ignored cryptocurrency since they recognized it as a competitor to traditional money and claimed (incorrectly) that it would simply go away. As time progressed, bitcoin expanded. Ignoring the disruptive technology wasn’t going to work.

Banks Respond To A Challenge

Hackett claims the reason banks are now so interested in blockchain technology is they see it as a way to respond to the competitive threat that bitcoin poses to traditional money. While many financial institutions now claim to be interested in blockchain technology but not bitcoin, they ignore the fact that you need a cryptocurrency to make a blockchain. Hackett postulates that hyping the blockchain while denigrating bitcoin is an effort to blunt bitcoin’s challenge to traditional currency.

Banks and the national governments that regulate traditional currency recognize cryptocurrency as one of the very few alternatives seen in centuries that can securely and efficiently create and handle money beyond the control of banks and governments...

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/whats-behind-banks-hyping-blockchain-not-bitcoin-defensive-play-one-observer-claims/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 04:27:48 PM

http://dcebrief.com/is-russia-ready-to-give-its-citizens-bitcoin-for-christmas/

SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:34:59 PM

[Sigh]

changed the password on one of my Cr. accounts yesterday. Got the 'Yup. Done!' message. But now locked out. (No funds in it.)

But . . . just tried moving Dnotes on to and off Cryptsy. Wham! Three minutes each way.

It looks like their upgrade a few hours ago was successful. DNotes seemed to be working fine. Unfortunately, I still have not received two withdrawals at .1 BTC each sent to two separate accounts on 12/10/15. I am curious to know if anyone successfully withdrew BTC from Cryptsy the last 7 days.

Has anyone seen the new format/layout at the polo exchange!??! I am too damn old to learn new stuff I don't really need to learn!!

Smokey

I'll give you a ring, I did notice they have a mobile site, that might be the one you are seeing.

Must be mobile, no difference here on the main site but, I agree, I don't like total reworks of a site, lots of wasted time to re-learn everything.

One of our guys is full of enthusiasm for this, Poloniex Mobile. His point -- I gotta find time to get more data -- is that more and more and more Net stuff is happening on 'mobiles.' Sigh: once again, I gotta scramble to catch up.

Mark

Turns out it was just the mobile site coming up instead of the desktop version. I use an iPad, so it defaulted to the mobile version. I just did not realize it until I talked to Joe. Freaked me out though! Thought I was gonna have to learn some stuff I did not need to have to learn again! Thanks again, Joe, for saving me from even more gray hair than I have now......

Smokey
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 05:49:44 PM

[Sigh]

Smokey

Mark

Turns out it was just the mobile site coming up instead of the desktop version. I use an iPad, so it defaulted to the mobile version. I just did not realize it until I talked to Joe. Freaked me out though! Thought I was gonna have to learn some stuff I did not need to have to learn again! Thanks again, Joe, for saving me from even more gray hair than I have now......

Smokey

Anytime, I'll save you a few grays here and there when I can... lol.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 05:57:50 PM

There is an interesting article out today on why banks are all-in on blockchain and all-out on bitcoin.  It's not much of a surprise to those who have been watching this unfold, but for anyone that is just learning about cryptocurrency, it is important for them to keep hearing that what the banks are offering is NOTHING like what bitcoin (and DNotes) has to offer.

What’s Behind Banks’ Hyping Blockchain And Not Bitcoin? A Defensive Play, One Observer Claims

Hardly a day goes by without another bank or financial organization heralding the blockchain as the wave of the future while saying bitcoin is falling by the wayside. Do veteran cryptocurrency observers find something a bit strange in this? Can you really have the blockchain without cryptocurrency?

Rupert Hackett, community manager of Australia-based buyabitcoin.com.au, tackles this question head-on in an opinion piece in Venture Beat. He observes that initially, banks and financial institutions ignored cryptocurrency since they recognized it as a competitor to traditional money and claimed (incorrectly) that it would simply go away. As time progressed, bitcoin expanded. Ignoring the disruptive technology wasn’t going to work.

Banks Respond To A Challenge

Hackett claims the reason banks are now so interested in blockchain technology is they see it as a way to respond to the competitive threat that bitcoin poses to traditional money. While many financial institutions now claim to be interested in blockchain technology but not bitcoin, they ignore the fact that you need a cryptocurrency to make a blockchain. Hackett postulates that hyping the blockchain while denigrating bitcoin is an effort to blunt bitcoin’s challenge to traditional currency.

Banks and the national governments that regulate traditional currency recognize cryptocurrency as one of the very few alternatives seen in centuries that can securely and efficiently create and handle money beyond the control of banks and governments...

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/whats-behind-banks-hyping-blockchain-not-bitcoin-defensive-play-one-observer-claims/

Thanks Chase, great article. I always keep in the back of my mind that most act and speak out of self interest. I still believe digital currency is blockchain's killer app, and I don't know if we would ever see another use for blockchain dethrone digital currency as the most beneficial use of blockchain on a global basis. You are absolutely correct "what the banks are offering is NOTHING like what bitcoin (and DNotes) has to offer".

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:57:55 PM

Well, it's a move in the right direction anyway. "The updated draft code, or future law code, specifies that one-time use of Bitcoin will bring no punishment if held as a souvenir, or with no intent for future use." Better than a kick in the teeth anyway. Evander is killing it.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 12:05:45 AM

Well, it's a move in the right direction anyway. "The updated draft code, or future law code, specifies that one-time use of Bitcoin will bring no punishment if held as a souvenir, or with no intent for future use." Better than a kick in the teeth anyway. Evander is killing it.

Evander has been coming up with some great articles.

Yeah, it is a step in the right direction. I don't know how government in Russia works these days, but the public will eventually drive change, and Russia will get on board or be left behind.

bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 12:14:06 AM

Dev which do you think is  the better country now for start a blockchain bussines actually from a legal view?
there are some blockchain heaven?
i'm really interested in know your point of view about it

thanks in advance
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 12:18:56 AM

Dev which do you think is  the better country now for start a blockchain bussines actually from a legal view?

thanks in advance

Hi bhokor, I don't have a good answer for you at the moment. Everywhere seems to be embracing blockchain technology.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 01:53:11 AM

Dev which do you think is  the better country now for start a blockchain bussines actually from a legal view?

thanks in advance

Hi bhokor, I don't have a good answer for you at the moment. Everywhere seems to be embracing blockchain technology.

Hi bhokor, without knowing the specifics of your business plan and business model, it is tough to give you a good answer. Most countries, including US, Canada, and England are subjected to political sentiments, often heavily influenced by major bankers and others that aggressively seek to serve their own self interest. Singapore is the only country I feel comfortable that offers clear regulatory guidance and stability. Consequently, even we are having a hard time deciding where our new company will be incorporated in, something we will be deciding sometime in the first quarter of 2016.

If you can get a strong team together and need additional partners, feel free to PM me.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 01:11:34 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2015, 02:40:52 PM by Chase

In the spirit of the holidays, the DNotes community is inviting everyone to drop in at the forum and say hello.

From Christmas Eve through to the New Year, please share a bit of holiday cheer with us!

Everyone is welcome, so please pass this on!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 02:00:14 PM

In the spirit of the holidays, the DNotes community is inviting everyone to drop in at the forum and say hello.  

From Christmas Eve through to the New Year, please share a bit of holiday cheer with us!

Great artwork and an excellent idea. Also for those who wanted to sign up for the CRISP For Kids savings plan but have not done so, this a great time to do it. Santa has been sighted to be packaging gifts of DNotes and special prizes to be given away to children on the list on Christmas Eve, Thursday, Dec. 24, 2015. Don't miss it. Follow the link on CryptoMoms: http://cryptomoms.com/forum/cryptomoms-com/5/kids-with-a-cr-i-s-p/530

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 02:52:26 PM

Great artwork and an excellent idea. Also for those who wanted to sign up for the CRISP For Kids savings plan but have not done so, this a great time to do it. Santa has been sighted to be packaging gifts of DNotes and special prizes to be given away to children on the list on Christmas Eve, Thursday, Dec. 24, 2015. Don't miss it. Follow the link on CryptoMoms: http://cryptomoms.com/forum/cryptomoms-com/5/kids-with-a-cr-i-s-p/530

Thank you, but I can't take credit for the artwork.  This beautiful Christmas card was thanks to Joe.  Smiley

Over the next couple of days, I am sending this out to those who havn't posted in a while.  I will try to get as many previous DNotes posters as possible, but if I miss someone, I apologize in advance and please stop in and say hi.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 03:45:29 PM

Thank you, but I can't take credit for the artwork.  This beautiful Christmas card was thanks to Joe.  Smiley

Over the next couple of days, I am sending this out to those who havn't posted in a while.  I will try to get as many previous DNotes posters as possible, but if I miss someone, I apologize in advance and please stop in and say hi.

Thank you Chase, I love the idea of contacting those we haven't seen in a while and wishing them Happy Holidays!

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 04:29:22 PM

I've always considered Investopedia as a little bit 'old school'.  They have however, started covering more bitcoin related topics, and while some of them lean toward favoring the status quo, at least it is a start.  I still don't agree with New York as being bitcoin-friendly, regardless of their reasoning.

5 Most Bitcoin-Friendly States

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/122115/5-most-bitcoinfriendly-states.asp?partner=mediafed

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 05:16:27 PM

An excellent article by our very own CryptoBroker!

http://dcebrief.com/op-ed-tired-tropes-and-tracking-dope-catch-the-crypto-criminals-and-leave-the-rest-of-us-alone/

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 07:20:33 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2015, 12:33:52 AM by CryptoBroker79

Thanks I really enjoyed contributing to this one, hopefully this helps provide some ideas for countering the narrative that cryptocurrency is for terrorists and criminals.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 07:23:35 PM

I'd like to extend an invitation for everyone to participate  in Fire Fighters for Digital Currency NFL Playoff Challenge.

The winner of this Playoff Fantasy Draft will be awarded 10,000 DNotes and 0.1 Bitcoin!

Be sure to register before January 3rd/2016

Register at http://playoffchallenge.fantasy.nfl.com/

Then Join the Group: FF4DC  http://playoffchallenge.fantasy.nfl.com/group/241421

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!
Pages: « 1 ... 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 [419] 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: