Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:16:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: btc-arbs.com - Update: dead HYIP, Refund progress: BTC-arbs still doing refunds  (Read 276776 times)
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:52:43 AM

If they accepted dollars through those payment services, their banking information can be found, and in turn they can likely be found. US victims need to start filing reports with the internet crimes complaint center (IC3).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chris45215

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:58:45 AM

I just find this whole debacle to be so dumb, because you *could* make money with automated arbitrage trading if you're an above-average software developer willing to put in the time and energy (and able to obtain ample cash/btc of course). The site's creator(s) was/were good enough to make a nice looking site with a database of users, deposit/withdrawal functionality, etc.  ...they couldn't spend the extra time/energy to make a *real* arbitrage trading site instead of a *ponzi*?

You are correct, and I am in the processes of doing exactly that - I've been working on it since January. The system is profitable; very profitable. I have many days with hundreds of dollars of profit, and very few days with losses.
I honestly thought that Btc-arbs was real and doing exactly what I am doing, except that maybe they had started their software development a bit earlier to capture more of the February, March, and April profits. But I know arbitrage orders when I see them, and I never saw the order patterns from them.

And before anyone asks, I am not looking for investors. I have enough of my own money in the system, and I would not want outside investment unless I could purchase insurance to protect the investors. Also, I would insist that investors keep their money and profits once the market hits peak profit - but investors will often often try to invest even more money. The hardest part of managing a profitable investment is not finding investors - the hardest part is convincing them to take their profits. No one wants to go home in the middle of the party, but the investment only has a limited capacity.
lesnod11

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:30:07 AM

lesnod i am naive in my thinking and either you or your lawyers don't have balls. Money cases are the easiest and quickest and there is a very specific reason for that: the powers that be want to make it clear that when it comes to money owed there is no playing up.

In my case on two occasions I managed to get my clients their money back before initiating proceedings, and the way I did it is by showing them what we will do to them if they do not pay up and we go ahead. It is not a threat, it is a clear presentation to them of 1+1=2.

I'm happy for it to take 10 years, as long as I know who I am up against, unlike the BTC crap going on now. You are accusing the prey of being guilty for falling to the scum bag, man you take such terrible positions it's not funny. The prey is not guilty for falling into the traps, putting traps is illegal. What I'm guilty of is using a faulty system like BTC, it is like a very beautiful woman walking scantily clothed on a ship with 40 sailors none of them gay who have been at large for weeks and hoping not to get mugged, to put it politely on a public forum. If you didn't get that one, try: using BTC is like using Windows 95 and hoping not to catch a virus. Enjoy your BTCs and the one who takes them from you in exchange for anything, good on them finding the next idiot.

Clearly you have very little experience in court dealings. We have repo'd cars that are without engines and tires and all and we sell what we can, but going after these people is nearly impossible. When their defense is something like the engine was stolen and insurance needs to pay it gets another party involved that ads time, difficulty and expense. Even if it goes smooth a lot of times you can't bleed a turnip an example in one particular case we won the defendant ended up showing criminal intent - he went to jail but did we see a dime?.... nope!

mate your case is totally different! yes if the bloke is on the joint then yes no use running after them and it is even difficult to land him time, he'd just be owing you and guess what he can pay when he wants or until you claim again... TOTALLY different story!

Here no one is broke and your money is in their pockets, well lego or monopoly money or not even, numbers referencing the block chain... BTC is so dirty better start a new coin. All the coins in all the wallets are either premined or scammed out of people. The 99% have mined their coins on electric heaters, sorry i mean fast protocol specific processors and many own only a few BTCs.

And no I don't blame myself for anything, such as falling for a HYIP. I am not giving the son of a bitch an epsilon excuse. Anyone meets him in real life meat the shit out of him.

Dude, how many examples do you want? I can give you examples of people living in 12,000 sq/ft homes that claim they have no money and drag it out for eons. You have no conceptual knowledge of how hard it is to collect money. Not to mention that while I do believe these btc people ran off with a lot of money you have no way to prove it. It is possible they just ran out of money. In either case blaming a specific currency is stupid.
christophorus

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:17:23 AM

lesnod i am naive in my thinking and either you or your lawyers don't have balls. Money cases are the easiest and quickest and there is a very specific reason for that: the powers that be want to make it clear that when it comes to money owed there is no playing up.

In my case on two occasions I managed to get my clients their money back before initiating proceedings, and the way I did it is by showing them what we will do to them if they do not pay up and we go ahead. It is not a threat, it is a clear presentation to them of 1+1=2.

I'm happy for it to take 10 years, as long as I know who I am up against, unlike the BTC crap going on now. You are accusing the prey of being guilty for falling to the scum bag, man you take such terrible positions it's not funny. The prey is not guilty for falling into the traps, putting traps is illegal. What I'm guilty of is using a faulty system like BTC, it is like a very beautiful woman walking scantily clothed on a ship with 40 sailors none of them gay who have been at large for weeks and hoping not to get mugged, to put it politely on a public forum. If you didn't get that one, try: using BTC is like using Windows 95 and hoping not to catch a virus. Enjoy your BTCs and the one who takes them from you in exchange for anything, good on them finding the next idiot.

Clearly you have very little experience in court dealings. We have repo'd cars that are without engines and tires and all and we sell what we can, but going after these people is nearly impossible. When their defense is something like the engine was stolen and insurance needs to pay it gets another party involved that ads time, difficulty and expense. Even if it goes smooth a lot of times you can't bleed a turnip an example in one particular case we won the defendant ended up showing criminal intent - he went to jail but did we see a dime?.... nope!

mate your case is totally different! yes if the bloke is on the joint then yes no use running after them and it is even difficult to land him time, he'd just be owing you and guess what he can pay when he wants or until you claim again... TOTALLY different story!

Here no one is broke and your money is in their pockets, well lego or monopoly money or not even, numbers referencing the block chain... BTC is so dirty better start a new coin. All the coins in all the wallets are either premined or scammed out of people. The 99% have mined their coins on electric heaters, sorry i mean fast protocol specific processors and many own only a few BTCs.

And no I don't blame myself for anything, such as falling for a HYIP. I am not giving the son of a bitch an epsilon excuse. Anyone meets him in real life meat the shit out of him.

Dude, how many examples do you want? I can give you examples of people living in 12,000 sq/ft homes that claim they have no money and drag it out for eons. You have no conceptual knowledge of how hard it is to collect money. Not to mention that while I do believe these btc people ran off with a lot of money you have no way to prove it. It is possible they just ran out of money. In either case blaming a specific currency is stupid.

You're perfectly right. They hide their money in various ways so that the courts have no way of proving their actual net worth despite knowing what they've done. Everything they "own" is put through a third party so they're asset and cash poor as well as all being out of state/country etc. It's astounding that this is able to continue but there's no incentive to anyone who could change this to actually change it.

PSA: scrypt.cc is a scam, most likely of the "ponzi" variety. You will lose your money if you try to "invest" or "play" or whatever you want to call your participation in this shitshow. You've been warned.
mies_reed

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:18:46 AM

here is someone that clames to have bank account information. that way its possible to track the guy/guys in question am I right ?

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bitcoin-news-and-articles/8326-btc-arbs-com-scam-site.html
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:25:54 AM

here is someone that clames to have bank account information. that way its possible to track the guy/guys in question am I right ?

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bitcoin-news-and-articles/8326-btc-arbs-com-scam-site.html

Bank accounts can be used by the courts for garnishment and such, but only if there's a balance. They could just as easily wipe out their accounts and/or close them and it would lead you nowhere.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:08:40 AM

christophorous and leosned: you are both wrong.

Yes it is impossible to take money back if that money was held in a trust fund, but if the transfer to the trust fund happened for the sole purpose of hiding the money away then the transaction is void and is reversed. You just have to know who you are dealing business with.

Leaving some key words for the bots to pick up and start sniffing: FBI, crime, jail, money fraud, money laundering, scam, thieves, tax evasion, tax haven, counterfeiting ...

FBI officer reading this: you know you do not need a complaint to move on if the evidence is in front of you.

sunny1

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:54:09 PM

is there a way to hold accountable the host for the website for the actions of their users ?

No, unfortunately not.

Yes there is. Actually "there is a way" is not a correct statement as it infers that by default they are not responsible but they are.

Don't take my word it, here is an example: There is a web service called freehostingnoads, sounds like a great service, doesn't it, so many people would make websites on that platform, sure. What happens is that some respectable web nanny services block any website hosted on this platform and they spit out the reason: "this host has been known to be the source of fraudulent services". So one guy sets up a website on their platform, scams people, now what happens: the whole platform is banned most likely for life without parole.

I give you another example: do you really imaging yourself going to a shopping center and setting up shop to scam people and then close and get away with it? what does it do to the reputation of the shopping centre? Do you really think you will not be on the noose of a lynch mob sent by the shopping centre management within 1 week?

If any of these farts used fiat then there is a noose with their real names on it. Btc-e or whatever crap "exchange" cannot say we did not know about money laundering, and in fact we all know when we opened accounts with them that was a clear clause. Btc-e management will all be in jail for a long time if they don't lay the information in golden plates on a red carpet. That is why probably actual arbitrage never happened, the digits are still in BTC in their wallet and will be moved around and then converted to fiat. That is why they returned $

What people should ask for in Arbitrage, now that we paid for the lesson, is proof of work (buys/sells) from the days before with links to the blockchain. The scammers of btc-arbs can dream about their next one in jail.

If you want to catch them you most certainly can. BTC has been classified as property and he stole our property. He did not file for bankruptcy. He is a thief and thieves belong in jail.

They are not! Read this: http://www.out-law.com/page-488 Otherwise one could sue google as well, for listing fraudulent activities etc.
sunny1

Activity: 276

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:57:44 PM

Just my two, but the web is IN NO WAY anonymous.  Anyone who says it is, needs to stick with bitcoin investing and stop talking out their arse.  Once you pay someone to host a site, you have left a money trail.

There are dozens, if not hundred web hosting providers that work with anonymous payment processors and/or Bitcoin. Some even advertise that their hosting is completely anonymous.
christophorus

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:30:17 PM

Just my two, but the web is IN NO WAY anonymous.  Anyone who says it is, needs to stick with bitcoin investing and stop talking out their arse.  Once you pay someone to host a site, you have left a money trail.

There are dozens, if not hundred web hosting providers that work with anonymous payment processors and/or Bitcoin. Some even advertise that their hosting is completely anonymous.

Which is why there are so many scam sites about.
BTC is too good an opportunity to resist for these people. With the right knowledge you could have a site up and running within hours. If you buy one "off the shelf" it's potentially even quicker than that.

PSA: scrypt.cc is a scam, most likely of the "ponzi" variety. You will lose your money if you try to "invest" or "play" or whatever you want to call your participation in this shitshow. You've been warned.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:08:50 AM

Just my two, but the web is IN NO WAY anonymous.  Anyone who says it is, needs to stick with bitcoin investing and stop talking out their arse.  Once you pay someone to host a site, you have left a money trail.

This. If you are using something TOR and Bitcoin to purchase the hosting, there is really no link there. This is one of the downsides to the anonymity; it makes tracking scammers that much more difficult.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:22:46 PM

is there a way to hold accountable the host for the website for the actions of their users ?

No, unfortunately not.

Yes there is. Actually "there is a way" is not a correct statement as it infers that by default they are not responsible but they are.

Don't take my word it, here is an example: There is a web service called freehostingnoads, sounds like a great service, doesn't it, so many people would make websites on that platform, sure. What happens is that some respectable web nanny services block any website hosted on this platform and they spit out the reason: "this host has been known to be the source of fraudulent services". So one guy sets up a website on their platform, scams people, now what happens: the whole platform is banned most likely for life without parole.

I give you another example: do you really imaging yourself going to a shopping center and setting up shop to scam people and then close and get away with it? what does it do to the reputation of the shopping centre? Do you really think you will not be on the noose of a lynch mob sent by the shopping centre management within 1 week?

If any of these farts used fiat then there is a noose with their real names on it. Btc-e or whatever crap "exchange" cannot say we did not know about money laundering, and in fact we all know when we opened accounts with them that was a clear clause. Btc-e management will all be in jail for a long time if they don't lay the information in golden plates on a red carpet. That is why probably actual arbitrage never happened, the digits are still in BTC in their wallet and will be moved around and then converted to fiat. That is why they returned $

What people should ask for in Arbitrage, now that we paid for the lesson, is proof of work (buys/sells) from the days before with links to the blockchain. The scammers of btc-arbs can dream about their next one in jail.

If you want to catch them you most certainly can. BTC has been classified as property and he stole our property. He did not file for bankruptcy. He is a thief and thieves belong in jail.

They are not! Read this: http://www.out-law.com/page-488 Otherwise one could sue google as well, for listing fraudulent activities etc.

I don't think you actually read that article. It talks about ISPs being treated as mere conduit if ... and if ... and provided they do not host the information.

freehostingnoads DOES host the websites on its servers!
NullOp

Activity: 63

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:41:59 PM

Is there an effort to find the person/people behind the site? Would establishing a bounty for information leading to an arrest be useful?
dmz241

Activity: 519
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:58:08 AM

so how long has it been since this site vanished? I was thinking of investing there but didnt have enough btc as I made my investments in mining. So glad I didnt go here. You guys should really consider cex and scrypt websites under my signature. I am new to scrypt site and not sure how good they are but cex has been around for quite long and as I read from their forums they maybe starting fiat trade also.
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:39:07 AM

so how long has it been since this site vanished? I was thinking of investing there but didnt have enough btc as I made my investments in mining. So glad I didnt go here. You guys should really consider cex and scrypt websites under my signature. I am new to scrypt site and not sure how good they are but cex has been around for quite long and as I read from their forums they maybe starting fiat trade also.

it has to be close to a week. I think most will be done with HYIP's we played once and lost. I wish I had my 1.6 right now i want to throw more into SYNC coin. damn these bastards.
Swifft1

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:45:22 PM

it has to be close to a week. I think most will be done with HYIP's we played once and lost. I wish I had my 1.6 right now i want to throw more into SYNC coin. damn these bastards.

It's funny. I posted a question on the Members "support" page three weeks ago about the possibility of a automatic payout threshold.

No answer.

Figuring a sent message mistake, I "re-sent" the question.

No answer.

Just last week I sent ,"Does anyone even read these Support tickets, or do they all just go into a big black worm hole!?"

Next day. Answer: "Yes. But there are too many of them....."

Few days after that....The whole thing went "buh bye" Roll Eyes

Shoulda withdrawn when the "Legacy" crap started.

FreeJack2k2

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:33:18 PM

Well, I had sent a support ticket a couple days prior to the shutdown pointing out the movement of bitcoin deposits through an address controlling over 100,000 bitcoin. Two days after telling them that we could all see how full of shit they were, the site shut down.
yonce

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 07:42:32 PM

Finally they shut the site off. Read back a few pages, this was a HYIP folks and a BAD crappy one at that. Admins buy hosting through third parties using e-currencies like Perfect Money. Nothing has changed, even before bitcoin existed this is how it was done. Finding ONE admin of ONE site where everything was done through third parties and sites like Perfect Money - it is 99.999999% impossible and pointless to try and trace them.

STAY AWAY: rockwell,btc-arbs,bitcoin-trader - I've been playing HYIP's and have a near flawless record over the last year. Made over 1000% return last year. Play HYIP's safely and smart! Stay away from the referral whores on this forum, especially from those putting out their referral links in their signatures. They have no other interest but to profit from you.
hongo

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:25:53 PM

As it was said before a guy deposited some money to them in a bank in Hong Kong and I heard another that did in a bank in US. You cannot open a real bank account without real personal information. So it must be possible to find the guy and if he doesn't want to give the money back he will have to pay with his properties, whatever he has. Or they might be other ways to make him pay... We should organize ourselves and plan the next steps. We should open a group somewhere and share information like bank account info of the site, BTC addresses related to the site (specially the one with 100 000 BTC), our emails, our balances, etc. We can do it anonymously if you wish. We have to gather information for a possible lawsuit.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:48:59 AM

bunch of creeps. hopefully they get caught
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: