Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:06:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: btc-arbs.com - Update: dead HYIP, Refund progress: BTC-arbs still doing refunds  (Read 276776 times)
NullOp

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:08:59 AM

Will anyone step up to organize the effort to find the guy behind this scam? There will be a bounty for the guys arrest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FreeJack2k2

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:06:22 AM

It's going to be really difficult to track him down and get the cooperation of companies like the WHOISguard service to provide the information they're paid to obscure from public view. We would need someone on the inside of one of the fiat payment processors they used to provide that information. Once we knew definitively who it was, we could possibly pursue legal action against them...but that would likely be quite a long, drawn out and costly affair, as it's likely to be international.

I would rather that someone just doxxed the creep so we could pressure him into giving back the money.
yonce

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:28:22 AM

As it was said before a guy deposited some money to them in a bank in Hong Kong and I heard another that did in a bank in US. You cannot open a real bank account without real personal information. So it must be possible to find the guy and if he doesn't want to give the money back he will have to pay with his properties, whatever he has. Or they might be other ways to make him pay... We should organize ourselves and plan the next steps. We should open a group somewhere and share information like bank account info of the site, BTC addresses related to the site (specially the one with 100 000 BTC), our emails, our balances, etc. We can do it anonymously if you wish. We have to gather information for a possible lawsuit.

That would be real info to follow, bank accounts.

STAY AWAY: rockwell,btc-arbs,bitcoin-trader - I've been playing HYIP's and have a near flawless record over the last year. Made over 1000% return last year. Play HYIP's safely and smart! Stay away from the referral whores on this forum, especially from those putting out their referral links in their signatures. They have no other interest but to profit from you.
christophorus

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:58:53 PM

Yonce: Any chance you can pass on the bank details for FinMutual.com ?

That one's still running and has your seal of approval.

PSA: scrypt.cc is a scam, most likely of the "ponzi" variety. You will lose your money if you try to "invest" or "play" or whatever you want to call your participation in this shitshow. You've been warned.
yonce

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 03:41:32 PM

Yonce: Any chance you can pass on the bank details for FinMutual.com ?

That one's still running and has your seal of approval.

I don't have any bank deposit information for Finmutual. I do not believe it accepts bank wires. Cryptory.com - the other program I am in also I am not aware of bank deposit information.

Btc-arbs would also be the first one I have heard of using a U.S. bank account.

But for those Btc-arbs users, mutual wealth was just recently shut down by the U.S. and had bank accounts frozen - once a program uses bank accounts for deposits that pretty much opens them up to anything, so wish you good luck!

STAY AWAY: rockwell,btc-arbs,bitcoin-trader - I've been playing HYIP's and have a near flawless record over the last year. Made over 1000% return last year. Play HYIP's safely and smart! Stay away from the referral whores on this forum, especially from those putting out their referral links in their signatures. They have no other interest but to profit from you.
yonce

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:07:53 PM

If anyone has that U.S. bank info for btc-arbs, feel free to PM me it. I'd like to see if any of the info matches up with any previous projects. Also the 100,000 bitcoin address, are we sure that it isn't a mixing service or some sort of bigger exchange wallet? I would literally be shocked if btc-arbs was able to steal 100k bitcoin. If that was the case, I feel we should have seen some bigger whales post here about their deposits or at least more people. I personally don't think they ran off with more than a million USD or so in bitcoin.

FreeJack2k2

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:02:01 PM

If anyone has that U.S. bank info for btc-arbs, feel free to PM me it. I'd like to see if any of the info matches up with any previous projects. Also the 100,000 bitcoin address, are we sure that it isn't a mixing service or some sort of bigger exchange wallet? I would literally be shocked if btc-arbs was able to steal 100k bitcoin. If that was the case, I feel we should have seen some bigger whales post here about their deposits or at least more people. I personally don't think they ran off with more than a million USD or so in bitcoin.

Not certain, but I also wouldn't discount the idea that BTC-arbs was part of a larger criminal enterprise, either.
chris45215

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:47:52 AM

100K BTC would far exceed any investment needed for arbitrage. If the website received anywhere near that, I would expect that they would stop accepting new accounts. Otherwise, they would receiving funds that they could never use, and (if they ever actually tried to conduct any real arbitrage) it would dilute the profits of existing investors. There's no reason to accept any more funds than that, even if the host was planning to run a scam, other than pure greed.

Personally, I would stop accepting new funds before hitting 10K. But then again, I'm honest.

Everyone should file a police report for their losses. Even if the police never look at it, it will be helpful when filing your taxes because you can subtract that loss from any bitcoin profits. If the reader doesn't intend to report bitcoin on their taxes, then it could still be useful in case the tax authorities find out (like from your bank) and provide protection in an audit.

Regarding the banking connections of Btc-Arbs, anyone who sent or received funds via their bank should contact their bank and have any sort of flag or tracer placed on the account if it is possible. It may never result in a successful lead, but the point is that the person who stole the money can't run off with total impunity.
yonce

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:28:18 AM

100K BTC would far exceed any investment needed for arbitrage. If the website received anywhere near that, I would expect that they would stop accepting new accounts. Otherwise, they would receiving funds that they could never use, and (if they ever actually tried to conduct any real arbitrage) it would dilute the profits of existing investors. There's no reason to accept any more funds than that, even if the host was planning to run a scam, other than pure greed.

Personally, I would stop accepting new funds before hitting 10K. But then again, I'm honest.

Everyone should file a police report for their losses. Even if the police never look at it, it will be helpful when filing your taxes because you can subtract that loss from any bitcoin profits. If the reader doesn't intend to report bitcoin on their taxes, then it could still be useful in case the tax authorities find out (like from your bank) and provide protection in an audit.

Regarding the banking connections of Btc-Arbs, anyone who sent or received funds via their bank should contact their bank and have any sort of flag or tracer placed on the account if it is possible. It may never result in a successful lead, but the point is that the person who stole the money can't run off with total impunity.

If there was a U.S. bank account involved and the 100k btc address is true, I'd be very interested in researching this. I would be extremely interested in researching this based on past HYIP experiences over the years.

bad01nk

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:49:47 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 12:45:09 PM by bad01nk

I have a couple friends actively looking for this fellow now.... not gonna be pretty. Better hope your info is not visible anywhere.

large transactions in the paper trail recently..

http://blockchain.info/address/16R14EH4v8A9GPXkAAP8gcMFBA8oxA8nbY

btc is not as anonymous as one would like to think, each day we break down those barriers.. and we are coming for you now.

BRING BACK THE SITE AND RETURN THE FUNDS OR PAY THE CONSEQUENCES.

You have been warned.

UPDATE : there are more than one person(s) being investigated now...
Vilepickle

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:46:16 PM

Keep us updated.  This stung...

BTC: 14PzAZCW1k8aA4FFFZ55LxizQqwBR969ee
ultra79

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:53:38 PM

Arbitrage trading can be quite profitable with minimal to zero risk, probably why many of us fell for this - it was a perfectly engineered cover story as with enough capital it is totally viable to arbitrage trade bitcoin, or any market where there is price difference between exchanges or different parties. For example I just found this site that has software which will scan all the odds at online bookmakers and return arbitrage sports betting opportunities here Sure the typical marketing tactics are cringeworthy but about 1/3 of the way down the page there is a video called "$320 in 3 minutes" which shows the system in action. Looks pretty interesting!
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 02:03:00 PM

Sure the typical marketing tactics are cringeworthy but about 1/3 of the way down the page there is a video called "$320 in 3 minutes" which shows the system in action. Looks pretty interesting!
Obvious referral link to some bullshit classic "get rich now, buy our videos/guide BS scheme". Not appreciated.

dmz241

Activity: 519
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:27:44 PM

also guys can you give views on scrypt.cc and do you think its a hyip also?
christophorus

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:20:58 PM

Arbitrage trading can be quite profitable with minimal to zero risk, probably why many of us fell for this - it was a perfectly engineered cover story as with enough capital it is totally viable to arbitrage trade bitcoin, or any market where there is price difference between exchanges or different parties. For example I just found this site that has software which will scan all the odds at online bookmakers and return arbitrage sports betting opportunities here Sure the typical marketing tactics are cringeworthy but about 1/3 of the way down the page there is a video called "$320 in 3 minutes" which shows the system in action. Looks pretty interesting!

Are you serious with that link? Who the hell would click a URL like that? http://23e3a8tlrphg1pyw8l7grimjdv.hop.clickbank.net HAHAHAHA!

PSA: scrypt.cc is a scam, most likely of the "ponzi" variety. You will lose your money if you try to "invest" or "play" or whatever you want to call your participation in this shitshow. You've been warned.
yonce

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:39:31 PM

I have a couple friends actively looking for this fellow now.... not gonna be pretty. Better hope your info is not visible anywhere.

btc is not as anonymous as one would like to think, each day we break down those barriers.. and we are coming for you now.

You have been warned.

322k btc address is associated with btc-arbs?  Shocked

I can't even wrap my mind around them possibly running off with that much or even remotely close to that!

NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 03:54:18 PM

You have been warned.

322k btc address is associated with btc-arbs?  Shocked

I can't even wrap my mind around them possibly running off with that much or even remotely close to that!

I never understand why people look at "Total Received" Tongue You should look at total received: https://blockchain.info/charts/balance?address=16R14EH4v8A9GPXkAAP8gcMFBA8oxA8nbY so 7.8K MAX at any point at the same time.

Also I am looking forward for anyone giving serious analysis, no offense but clicking though some addresses and end up somewhere doesn't say much IMO.

With 10 seconds of Googling it's associated with multiple scams etc, so seems to me a mixer? Obviously I am just guessing now too.

sunny1

Activity: 276

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:58:50 PM

You have been warned.

No, that has surely nothing to do with btc-arbs.
sunny1

Activity: 276

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:00:09 PM

You have been warned.

I never understand why people look at "Total Received" Tongue You should look at total received: https://blockchain.info/charts/balance?address=16R14EH4v8A9GPXkAAP8gcMFBA8oxA8nbY so 7.8K MAX at any point at the same time.

Also I am looking forward for anyone giving serious analysis, no offense but clicking though some addresses and end up somewhere doesn't say much IMO.

With 10 seconds of Googling it's associated with multiple scams etc, so seems to me a mixer? Obviously I am just guessing now too.

Yes, it is most probably a mixer.
yonce

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:01:54 PM

You have been warned.

I never understand why people look at "Total Received" Tongue

You should look at total received: https://blockchain.info/charts/balance?address=16R14EH4v8A9GPXkAAP8gcMFBA8oxA8nbY so 7.8K MAX at any point at the same time.

haha sorry, knee jerk reaction. I agree, hard to really tell what address is really theirs owned by them and then what other addresses might just be services/companies they used? If they exchanged other e-currencies into bitcoin, those addresses will also show up and there's a number of exchangers in the HYIP world exchanging e-currencies like perfect money into bitcoin and could skew an analysis. They could simply use those foreign exchangers back and forth along with mixing to screw any real analysis up.

Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: