Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:17:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: btc-arbs.com - Update: dead HYIP, Refund progress: BTC-arbs still doing refunds  (Read 276778 times)
gise87

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:57:54 PM

Updated spreadsheet with btc-arbs name (CryptKeeper), not bitcointalk name, hope he comes through...

What is the point in putting the btc-arbs name in the spreadsheet? The spreadsheet is to let us track who gets refunded and the username lets us contact each other if on bitcointalk. If people start adding btc-arbs usernames, we won't know who they are and cannot contact them.

Btc-arbs admin shouldn't be using the spreadsheet, he should be using the emails and PM's we sent him to determine the refund. But, he should already have had that information anyway.

BTC-Arbs admin is not using the spreadsheet, it is for our own use.

Edit: Freejack, he said he sent you another 1 BTC, I've updated the list with this information, could you verify that you have received the BTC? (or 0,9998)

Full automated trading bot 24/7: ZEBRA Altcoin Bot
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hongo

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 08:23:03 PM

BTC-Arbs doesn't have all BTC because he was hacked. So the payments is going to be slow because he is paying us with arbitrage profit. So it may take half year to pay us all back. Maybe more. According to the estimate I made when BTC-Arbs was paying us through the legacy system it was going to take a year. So if he try to pay faster than that not everybody will receive a full refund. I hope he is not doing anything unsustainable. I wish I would have real numbers of BTC owed and BTC lost.
Qwiner (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 08:30:21 PM

Could you include instructions on the original post for people wanting to get a refund? That way people don't have to leaf through the thread to find what they need (e.g. btc-arbs admin's email address).

Also, I didn't label the tx's when I sent bitcoin to btc-arbs, any ideas how I could figure out my tx id's? (like maybe a list of deposit addresses for btc-arbs that I can compare my records to?) Do I need to track those down in order to get my refund?

*headache*

Do you remember which BTC address you used to send BTC to?

Use blockchain to sort this out.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            █     ███           ███   ▄▄▄          █          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄███████████▄         ███     ███         ███    ███         ███         ██████████████▄
 ▄███▀       ▀█▀        █████     ███       ███     ███        █████        ███        ▀▀███
▄██▀                   ███ ███     ███     ███      ███       ███ ███       ███          ███
███                   ███   ███     ███   ███       ███      ███   ███      ███        ▄▄███
███                  ███     ███     ███ ███        ███     ███     ███     ██████████████▀
▀██▄                ███       ███     █████         ███    ███       ███    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
 ▀███▄       ▄█▄   ███         ███     ███          ███   ███         ███   ███      ▀███▄
   ▀███████████▀  ███           ███     █           ███  ███           ███  ███        ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███
                ███
▌  .
fraMI

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 08:37:53 PM

BTC-Arbs doesn't have all BTC because he was hacked. So the payments is going to be slow because he is paying us with arbitrage profit. So it may take half year to pay us all back. Maybe more. According to the estimate I made when BTC-Arbs was paying us through the legacy system it was going to take a year. So if he try to pay faster than that not everybody will receive a full refund. I hope he is not doing anything unsustainable. I wish I would have real numbers of BTC owed and BTC lost.

This is all true, except when he was paying us through legacy we were also getting some profit (interest).  If we are just to be paid our Principal back, (which at this point would be fine with me ), It should be a little quicker.
FreeJack2k2

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 08:43:14 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2014, 08:57:38 PM by FreeJack2k2

Edit: Freejack, he said he sent you another 1 BTC, I've updated the list with this information, could you verify that you have received the BTC? (or 0,9998)

Yes, I did. I also just checked my wallet and received another 1.0002 Bitcoin today. So in total I've been repaid 3 Bitcoin via the forum and 2.2 Bitcoin via the Legacy Transfers before the site shut down. I'm still owed 21.8 Bitcoin.

Am updating the spreadsheet now. The spreadsheet reflects what I've been repaid via this forum thread, after the closure of the site...not the 2.2 I managed to squeeze out via the legacy funds transfers, before the site went down.

I believe he is trying in good faith to repay those who have requested it (while not going out of his way to seek out those who aren't, for obvious reasons), so put in your requests and just have patience. It's going to take a little while...that list hasn't gotten any shorter.
showtimex

Activity: 88

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:36:57 AM

Just sent my refund request via PM for about 23.5 btc I had locked in my account. The last screenshot I took was from April 23rd, I was able to withdraw close to one btc since that time (until the final meltdown).

FreeJack2k2

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:02:51 AM

How much of that was your principal investment? He's trying to refund everyone their principal first, not including interest earned. Too many people are owed money...so only request principal for the moment.
lesnod11

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:08:07 AM

More refunds paid. Another 1 coin sent to freejack. Not all refunds that were paid are from members who actively post here. Many are from emails.

Good for freejack but once again, how come if he isn't paying someone off in full does he give some a little bit of coin and the rest of us nothing?
FreeJack2k2

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:19:19 AM

More refunds paid. Another 1 coin sent to freejack. Not all refunds that were paid are from members who actively post here. Many are from emails.

Good for freejack but once again, how come if he isn't paying someone off in full does he give some a little bit of coin and the rest of us nothing?

When did you request it? I have no idea how he is determining it except that I assume he is trying to pay people off completely whenever he has the funds (depending on how he did that day, assuming you believe he is arbitrage trading and I still tend to believe he is) and narrow down the number of people left. I would probably do it that way if I were doing it, rather than giving everyone a tiny cut of the total.

I'm sure over time, he will get it sorted out...nobody is going to let him off the hook and it seems like he knows that, or he wouldn't be here doing this. Let's see how it goes over the coming weeks. From my point of view, he is currently using my money (and that of the other "whales") to do his earning and pay people back...which is okay, as long as people ARE paid back and I am not made to wait an unreasonable amount of time to be repaid. As I said before, he committed to 20-40 days with me and that is what I expect to see. He will get through these repayments, I'm sure this is not a noose he wants hanging around his neck.
korniza

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 04:20:34 AM

situation is getting confused.
some got paid on the day that the send email/pm. others that sent email early they did not get any answer. BTC-Arbs keeping his cards closed, forces all the unpaid guys to get crazy. not good for us and no good for him.
FreeJack2k2

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:33:27 AM

situation is getting confused.
some got paid on the day that the send email/pm. others that sent email early they did not get any answer. BTC-Arbs keeping his cards closed, forces all the unpaid guys to get crazy. not good for us and no good for him.

Let's bear in mind that five days ago, we were still trying to track him down and the site had been offline for a week, with the real possibility that we would never see another penny back. We have reached him and he is here, making repayments, so let's see how it goes over the coming weeks. I'm willing to show some patience here.
lesnod11

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:54:06 AM

When did you request it? I have no idea how he is determining it except that I assume he is trying to pay people off completely whenever he has the funds (depending on how he did that day, assuming you believe he is arbitrage trading and I still tend to believe he is) and narrow down the number of people left. I would probably do it that way if I were doing it, rather than giving everyone a tiny cut of the total.

I'm sure over time, he will get it sorted out...nobody is going to let him off the hook and it seems like he knows that, or he wouldn't be here doing this. Let's see how it goes over the coming weeks. From my point of view, he is currently using my money (and that of the other "whales") to do his earning and pay people back...which is okay, as long as people ARE paid back and I am not made to wait an unreasonable amount of time to be repaid. As I said before, he committed to 20-40 days with me and that is what I expect to see. He will get through these repayments, I'm sure this is not a noose he wants hanging around his neck.

Noted, but I haven't even received an e-mail from him.... and just like you said, if he is paying people off completely it would make sense, but you're getting little bits of money back, and I'm not even getting an e-mail much less money.
FreeJack2k2

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:01:54 AM

Well, I didn't receive an email reply, either. I just had it acknowledged in a post on the forum and I had a brief discussion via PM to clarify what I could expect in terms of repayment timeframe, before pursuing legal satisfaction and contact those who have offered information to that end. So I'm giving him the time he asked for and we will just see. I'm pretty sure the sub-1btc folks most likely won't be waiting as long.
showtimex

Activity: 88

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:06:21 AM

How much of that was your principal investment? He's trying to refund everyone their principal first, not including interest earned. Too many people are owed money...so only request principal for the moment.

That would take me a long while to figure out as I sent fractional btc on a daily basis for some time........something I guess I will need to have to look at unfortunately, shitty deal.
lesnod11

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:03:11 AM

Well, I didn't receive an email reply, either. I just had it acknowledged in a post on the forum and I had a brief discussion via PM to clarify what I could expect in terms of repayment timeframe, before pursuing legal satisfaction and contact those who have offered information to that end. So I'm giving him the time he asked for and we will just see. I'm pretty sure the sub-1btc folks most likely won't be waiting as long.

Still I'm not following.... I've had no PM discussion or response, I haven't even had a fart in my direction since the site shut down. Like I said before; paying people off in full I can understand, but if he is paying small amounts to one person, he should be trying to do that to all. To me it looks like he pays off the small people who are a large number to dim the noise from the crowd and feeds the large folks who could give him the most legal trouble and those of us in the middle get the shaft.
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:12:22 AM

I have no problem with Yonce, he has given us quite a lot of good insight into this HYIP culture.

Turns out the yonce might have a lot of insight into HYIP admins because the claim is that he is the admin for FinMutual.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626622.0

Even if he is something less than that, he has been linked to an old alias dominicwin by Tomatocage a hero member with high trust.   It is interesting that the trust flames by dominicwin & yonce do follow the same patterns of flaming people that don't agree with him.  

Even if none of that is true, a lot of information has come out in this thread with yonce's multi-week sparring with crazyivan.  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527395.400

The one thing that can be sure is that yonce is pushing an agenda that is probably only good for yonce.   While it is toned down from when he first appeared with the yonce alias, he spurts out some real nasty comments from time to time, including:

I need to start a bitcoin arbitrage trading story based HYIP. Suckers everywhere STILL...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474787.msg6810852#msg6810852
lesnod11

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:02:07 AM

I have no problem with Yonce, he has given us quite a lot of good insight into this HYIP culture.

Turns out the yonce might have a lot of insight into HYIP admins because the claim is that he is the admin for FinMutual.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626622.0

Even if he is something less than that, he has been linked to an old alias dominicwin by Tomatocage a hero member with high trust.   It is interesting that the trust flames by dominicwin & yonce do follow the same patterns of flaming people that don't agree with him.  

Even if none of that is true, a lot of information has come out in this thread with yonce's multi-week sparring with crazyivan.  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527395.400

The one thing that can be sure is that yonce is pushing an agenda that is probably only good for yonce.   While it is toned down from when he first appeared with the yonce alias, he spurts out some real nasty comments from time to time, including:

I need to start a bitcoin arbitrage trading story based HYIP. Suckers everywhere STILL...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474787.msg6810852#msg6810852

Man.... this again??? While younce is a total waste, because it's clear he has nothing better to do than wander around pounding his chest and making this thread his 'I told ya so' trophy (I'm going off old info since I have him ignored and what little I read from him seems much less antagonizing) - your constant barrage on him that just comes out of left field does nothing to better the situation and in fact is getting old. Just put him on ignore and let him throw out blocked messages. Either that, or take it offline with him and you two can hammer out your differences and that lets this thread stay on subject!
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:19:44 AM

Man.... this again???

Probably just frustration on my part on not being one of the people ever to get refunded their deposit.  Point taken. 
gise87

Activity: 103

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:49:47 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 01:53:19 PM by gise87

What I'm interested in is: In the end, when he has enough BTC earned to cover all the expenses, will he pay all users off in one final batch, OR: is he going to pay us his everyday's arb profit until he paid everyone off, leaving him with the 500BTC?

I think it's best and quickest if he does the following:
If he has 500BTC now, there are (for instance) 100 stolen, he keeps up the arb business to close the 100BTC gap and pay everything to everybody.

Full automated trading bot 24/7: ZEBRA Altcoin Bot
yonce

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:10:54 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 03:22:11 PM by yonce

Man.... this again???

Probably just frustration on my part on not being one of the people ever to get refunded their deposit.  Point taken.  

So because you are frustrated about your deposit in btc-arbs you decide to hurl more accusations at me? Thanks for admitting that finally.

Anyways the person was nothing more than a HYIP admin who was butthurt about me calling out his programs. I strongly believe the 1 post account created to just accuse me of random shit was the admin of oilrigcontractors.

People love to grasp for straws... Anyways I WELCOME more accusations of whatever else and I will stay steadfast in calling out shit as shit. Unfortunate people are as gullible as they are here. Call a spade, a spade get hated on for it, then when a site scams, still get hated on lol. But makes sense if you are frustrated that I called out btc-arbs for what it was before it went scam, and now your pissed "I told ya so".

And tomatocage is nothing more than a pawn of a HYIP admin for just giving me negative trust because a butt hurt HYIP admin created an inflammatory thread and account about me. He (the one post accuser) also admitted to him being an admin to me via PM. The amount of gullible people on this forum is astounding! I'll be expecting more BTC scams and more HYIP admins taking advantage of BTC'ers.

STAY AWAY: rockwell,btc-arbs,bitcoin-trader - I've been playing HYIP's and have a near flawless record over the last year. Made over 1000% return last year. Play HYIP's safely and smart! Stay away from the referral whores on this forum, especially from those putting out their referral links in their signatures. They have no other interest but to profit from you.
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: