Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 01:05:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748203 times)
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:16:18 PM

Back to business!

I've just had a conversation with qora. Here's a plan.

We'll have an open source project for Qora official website.

Design is done. It might be slightly changed based on new circumstances, but at the moment we can start with this one.

Full size

What do we need

We need a developer who are ready to volunteer and knows how to make it open source. Probably using GitHub.

We need to choose CMS. Wordpress?

Well, a lot of people here have a lot of Qora. You know the concept of bounties?
That will surely help a lot.

In any case, all major stakeholders should go and communicate about bounties. Hoping people will just jump in here and do a lot of work will surely not work out so well, given the combination of distribution and tone in the thread.

No need to use bounty every time we need something done. If the community is able to do a job there's no reason for outsource.

TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:17:00 PM

It's obvious I am an idiot because I'm wasting time thinking about my answers while most of you are just presenting knee-jerk reactions in a subconscious effort to preserving your silently agreed upon projected wealth.

Agreeing with any outside point of view might weaken the resolve of some members to sell for less than 70 and therefor hurt your own profits. Better keep that hivemind in check.  Lips sealed

Welcome to my Ignore List!   Grin

Edit:  Why is something telling me that Secondleo might be Nxt?!?   Roll Eyes

Your unfoolable seventsh sense and my Sig I assume.

I'm in NXT, Qora and a couple of others. Voicing a reasonable opinion without trolling seems to make me a perceived attacker. I'm not going to argue here, as it seems pretty senseless getting a normal reflected opinion in this thread.

This has some upsides of course. On the long run it will most likely drive talented people away from this thread and coin. And the starting bonus can only go for so long.

I wonder if Qora alone can live up to all expectations in time.

NXT has a whole team of developers, as has EXO and ethereum. Skycoin is around the corner and who looks closely will find at least two more project worth mentioning (both of them with only a single dev though, but they both move into uncharted market niches)

Qora is in direct competition with NXT. I wonder which will finally prevail. A lot of people here will say it is Qora. Which is possible, but objectively unlikely.

"objectively", this thread, lulz  Cheesy

Skycoin is one you don't hear talked about very often but has some serious implications.
The bigger meshnet project is amazingly ambitious.
The Qora dev has proven himself to be reliable and capable, but you are right he has some very big competition.
Secondleo

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:31:33 PM

I'm in NXT...

I'm in Nxt since Day 1 too...  that is why there is NO WAY IN HELL I'm spending another 6 months on Nxt drama type of shit-storm...  just seeing these type of arguments first hitting the Qora thread by Nxt supporters PISSES ME THE F*** OFF!?!?!   Angry

Which arguments?
The ROI? I don't care about that. I think it was also only mentioned a couple of pages back and when Qora went life. Besides that, not all that much. You have a wrong perspective on that. It seems you are slightly sensitive to criticism. At least it feels like that.

I've been here a while and I don't see attacks on Qora. There are just people with normal opinions mostly voiced in a reasonable manner. Sadly they are often treated like trolls.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:32:59 PM

It's obvious I am an idiot because I'm wasting time thinking about my answers while most of you are just presenting knee-jerk reactions in a subconscious effort to preserving your silently agreed upon projected wealth.

Agreeing with any outside point of view might weaken the resolve of some members to sell for less than 70 and therefor hurt your own profits. Better keep that hivemind in check.  Lips sealed

I'm in NXT, Qora and a couple of others. Voicing a reasonable opinion without trolling seems to make me a perceived attacker. I'm not going to argue here, as it seems pretty senseless getting a normal reflected opinion in this thread.

This has some upsides of course. On the long run it will most likely drive talented people away from this thread and coin. And the starting bonus can only go for so long.

NXT has a whole team of developers, as has EXO and ethereum. Skycoin is around the corner and who looks closely will find at least two more project worth mentioning (both of them with only a single dev though, but they both move into uncharted market niches)

Qora is in direct competition with NXT. I wonder which will finally prevail. A lot of people here will say it is Qora. Which is possible, but objectively unlikely.

Skycoin is one you don't hear talked about very often but has some serious implications.
The Qora dev has proven himself to be reliable and capable, but you are right he has some very big competition.

Hey MightyX
If you want to help me to make FUD and buy cheap do it better please
Secondleo

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:03:02 AM

Edit:  Why is something telling me that Secondleo might be Nxt?!?   Roll Eyes

Hey MightyX

Calling the Qora dev reliable and capable is FUD now? It seems you're pretty desperate.
And my view on the situation is not FUD, it's just as it is.

I made a slight mistake. I forgot an "only" in the competition sentence. Qora is currently only "competing" with NXT for a market niche.
It has the pros of better useability and sometimes faster transactions. NXT feels to complicated in everyday use.

On the con side NXT is a lot further developed and has the asset exchange. (Just to make it clear, NXT has the con of being a bitch if you actually try to use it easy and secure Cheesy )

I don't think this is a feature Qora is getting.

And those other coins are all completly differently bread beasts. Skycoin is actually trying to reinvent data transfer as a whole, completly without ISPs. They surely make a good partner for the maidsafe project. All the others have their own niche.

Now for some real FUD, a simple question:
What is Qoras niche? (Maybe I overlooked something)
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:06:40 AM

Hey MightyX

Calling the Qora dev reliable and capable is FUD now? It seems you're pretty desperate.

I made a slight mistake. I forgot an "only" in the competition sentence. Qora is currently only "competing" with NXT for a market niche.
It has the pros of better useability and sometimes faster transactions. NXT feels to complicated in everyday use.

On the con side NXT is a lot further developed and has the asset exchange.

Qora and NXT don't have to compete. What I see is that they will work together. You got NXT - 1billion coins and then you got Qora - 10 billion coins. So you you can see NXT as the 10 dollar bill and Qora as the 1 dollar bill. Part of the same team, both 2ND GEN. working together. And then you got eXo - 100 million coins, the 100 dollar bill. These 3 coins will work together.
Secondleo

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:09:00 AM

Hey MightyX

On the con side NXT is a lot further developed and has the asset exchange.

Qora and NXT don't have to compete. What I see is that they will work together. You got NXT - 1billion coins and then you got Qora - 10 billion coins. So you you can see NXT as the 10 dollar bill and Qora as the 1 dollar bill. Part of the same team, both 2ND GEN. working together. And then you got eXo - 100 million coins, the 100 dollar bill. These 3 coins will work together.

Hmm, seeing coins as bills. It's an interesting thought.
But under the light of coins being deviseable however you wish that seems unlikely. Interesting nevertheless.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:48:12 AM

I'm in NXT...

I'm in Nxt since Day 1 too...  that is why there is NO WAY IN HELL I'm spending another 6 months on Nxt drama type of shit-storm...  just seeing these type of arguments first hitting the Qora thread by Nxt supporters PISSES ME THE F*** OFF!?!?!   Angry
BAM Cheesy
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:54:07 AM

To ignore someone because they have a differing opinion from your own shows some pretty low ethics.

Maybe what some of you guys don't understand is what you call an IPO is not an IPO.

Buying into an IPO gives you part ownership in a company, buying into a crypto IPO gives you coins, not ownership.

a crypto IPO is nothing more than a presale.

A presale of coins you intend to sell at a later date.

Mechanics-wise, this is the same as buying a bond or loaning.

I can't make that any simpler.
For anyone to actually read that and somehow fool themselves into not agreeing with that is pretty sad and shows they are not interested in listening to any differing opinions than their own.

Most people understand what you're saying, and can see it is true. 'Qora' is much bigger than all the price pumping that's been happening on this thread.

You should take a look at Kora too: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620518.0

Kora has some pretty cool ideas, and best of all it's free & fair. It doesn't look like a standard clone to me, too well thought out.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:56:54 AM

There are two types of coins. The ones that make devs rich and the ones that make investors and early adopters rich.

eMunie, Maidsafe, Ethereum only make rich few people.

Qora and Nxt will make rich everyone who was smart enough to buy in during the first month.

gorillajam

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

win

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:06:04 AM

To ignore someone because they have a differing opinion from your own shows some pretty low ethics.

Maybe what some of you guys don't understand is what you call an IPO is not an IPO.

Buying into an IPO gives you part ownership in a company, buying into a crypto IPO gives you coins, not ownership.

For anyone to actually read that and somehow fool themselves into not agreeing with that is pretty sad and shows they are not interested in listening to any differing opinions than their own.

Most people understand what you're saying, and can see it is true. 'Qora' is much bigger than all the price pumping that's been happening on this thread.

You should take a look at Kora too: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=620518.0

Kora has some pretty cool ideas, and best of all it's free & fair. It doesn't look like a standard clone to me, too well thought out.

hahahaha we already established you are the sockpuppet of the Kora guy....funny.

Thought out? A clone without a source code. Why do you bother? Seriously, why?

Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:16:09 AM

There are two types of coins. The ones that make devs rich and the ones that make investors and early adopters rich.

Qora and Nxt will make rich everyone who was smart enough to buy in during the first month.

Maidsafe made everyone poor, even the devs. To the benefit of the Mastercoin Foundation. 3600$ trading volume today for a supposed cap of 6 million USD. Lord...

burp...
gorillajam

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

win

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:16:23 AM

By the way Its not my position to say but we really shouldn't answer idiots who want to speak and not listen to answers given, as I have.

BUT anyone who has any questions about Qora is welcome to ask them on here, I think we are pretty friendly and open to genuine discussions if people actually want to listen to answers and not just be an idiot.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:18:02 AM

Maidsafe made everyone poor, even the devs. To the benefit of the Mastercoin Foundation. 3600$ trading volume today for a supposed cap of 6 million USD. Lord...

Devs are fine. They got $6M )

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:21:05 AM

If I was Madesafe dev I'd invest at least $1M in Qora. Such investition is much more promising than developing their own coin Smiley

P.S. Just a joke. Of course I wish them to be in top 10 coz they're doing some meaningful stuff for crypto world.

lyynx

Activity: 380
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:26:44 AM

So other coins have mining, Nxt has forging, what is Qora's terminology going to be?

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 01:36:49 AM

So other coins have mining, Nxt has forging, what is Qora's terminology going to be?

(block)chaining

Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:44:25 AM

Devs are fine. They got $6M )

Most of it in MSC, the price of which is artificially held at 30$ and crashes everytime someone tries to sell an amount as low as 100 MSC. They got screwed even worse than the investors.

burp...
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:46:18 AM

hahahaha we already established you are the sockpuppet of the Kora guy....funny.

Thought out? A clone without a source code. Why do you bother? Seriously, why?

lol, you guys are paranoid (everyone who uses their brain must be a sockpuppet & the Qora dev is a smart guy so he must be BCNext).

I've got nothing to do with Kora but I'll certainly apply for a stake. Are you saying you wont apply for a Kora stake? Is that a public promise you're making?

I just found the people promoting qora in this thread are so defensive & aggressive, but I still bought some Qora, just not very much at these crazy prices. Kora will be free, so I'm going to help, and I recommend all reading this thread to do the same.

Experienced crypto followers would see that Kora looks very interesting. Not a scam. Free & fair distribution. Good development strategy.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:05:45 AM

I think you're trying to promote your coin with a newb account...honestly.
Kora, gimme a break xD
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: