Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:00:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 [408] 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893538 times)
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:26:37 PM

Building an exchange isn't the hard part though, it's getting the right paperwork to not get shot the fuck down. It will take a partnering with someone with the proper licensing (read bank, insurance agency, private bankers or financers) or if someone without licensing wants to or needs to do it would take at least 6 months to get the right paperwork and licensing. And then it's uncertain if it would get approved.

However, we do really need a EUR/NLG exchange, regulated, fair, transparent. I've been toying with the idea for a while, but the real obstacle would be the right papers and partner. I know a few people in private banking that could do this both with the backing of EUR aspect and having the proper financial licenses, but I rather have someone else picks this up as it would require 110% effort and focus.

Now, we could step out of the Dutch laws by going through some sort of deal with the Swiss and a Swiss bank. Pairing NLG to CHF. Which would be very prestigious and lucrative for everyone.

I completely agree! But for our own BTC/NLG exchange we don't need any regulatory papers do we?

I wouldn't bet on it, but we can certainly just dive into the ruling on it to make sure. If we comply with it we can then look into moving towards the EUR or other pairing we want when we have proof of concept.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OpenforBusiness

Activity: 44
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 06:58:04 PM

Building an exchange isn't the hard part though, it's getting the right paperwork to not get shot the fuck down. It will take a partnering with someone with the proper licensing (read bank, insurance agency, private bankers or financers) or if someone without licensing wants to or needs to do it would take at least 6 months to get the right paperwork and licensing. And then it's uncertain if it would get approved.

However, we do really need a EUR/NLG exchange, regulated, fair, transparent. I've been toying with the idea for a while, but the real obstacle would be the right papers and partner. I know a few people in private banking that could do this both with the backing of EUR aspect and having the proper financial licenses, but I rather have someone else picks this up as it would require 110% effort and focus.

Now, we could step out of the Dutch laws by going through some sort of deal with the Swiss and a Swiss bank. Pairing NLG to CHF. Which would be very prestigious and lucrative for everyone.

I completely agree! But for our own BTC/NLG exchange we don't need any regulatory papers do we?

I wouldn't bet on it, but we can certainly just dive into the ruling on it to make sure. If we comply with it we can then look into moving towards the EUR or other pairing we want when we have proof of concept.

So the next project that will be released from us is the tier 2 one which we mentioned last year , this will put into perspective the value of the different tiers and what you can expect when our tier 3 projects come on stream , the tier 3 projects can take up to a year to achieve.

There will be other tier 1 projects throughout the year, plenty ideas coming through on how to make Guldencoin the ultimate coin. Smiley
Jero

Activity: 638
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 08:12:53 PM

There we go! Lift offfff!

Great stuff, buy Guldencoin with your (Dutch of Belgium) bankaccount.

This is sooooo good!

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:29:09 PM

I would think that a BTC/NLG wouldn't need regulatory papers.  Bring fiat into the mix and you would.  Then your talking about KYC laws, insured deposits, etc.  Stick to one or two trading pairs and you'd be fine.  Essentially, that's all we really need anyway.  A BTC/NLG exchange that is simple and easy for the community to use.  Much like paysafetogulden and guldenbuy.  Simple stats and easy to use.  Nothing fancy.

Call it the official exchange, and then pull NLG off the exchanges that are just there to act as MPs' personal banks.

I'd be interested in helping with this in any way I could.  I'm sure my team would get behind this as well.  PM me if you're seriously thinking about any of this.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Buerra
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:44:50 PM

Well, we'd need some kind of fiat on it at some point to make the transition for new users.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:11:35 PM

I would think that a BTC/NLG wouldn't need regulatory papers.  Bring fiat into the mix and you would.  Then your talking about KYC laws, insured deposits, etc.  Stick to one or two trading pairs and you'd be fine.  Essentially, that's all we really need anyway.  A BTC/NLG exchange that is simple and easy for the community to use.  Much like paysafetogulden and guldenbuy.  Simple stats and easy to use.  Nothing fancy.

Call it the official exchange, and then pull NLG off the exchanges that are just there to act as MPs' personal banks.

I'd be interested in helping with this in any way I could.  I'm sure my team would get behind this as well.  PM me if you're seriously thinking about any of this.

-Fuse

I've been thinking about this as a decentral exchange. Users run an exchange program (with both a NLG and BTC wallet), user places its orders in their own exchange program. Program announces itself somewhere and others can "visit" the exchange program to buy and sell NLG (or put it in a P2P net). Put a trust systems and/or escrow layer on top of it, for extra security. Highly trusted users could even allow EUR exchange (manual through their personal bank account).
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 10:07:41 PM

Bram: Look out, that site gives a lot of messages of blocking website latium.cc from my antivirus. Better inform first what this website is about and not mention this site on your website Bram, before knowing it is safe. Antivirus program says latium.cc is known as spreading damage software.

the link is delete
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 10:14:29 PM

There we go! Lift offfff!

Great stuff, buy Guldencoin with your (Dutch of Belgium) bankaccount.

This is sooooo good!

I'll buy with it next time.
markanth

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 10:16:35 PM

My humble 2 cents on this delisting talk Smiley   Believe me, I'm first in line to cut the mobster multipools off of NLG, but Bittrex currently provides some much needed liquidity for NLG..  Some examples.. litebit utilizes Bittrex to exchange NLG for BTC.. see https://explorer.guldencoin.com/#/address/GZxv6W747MWN2X2vBJJwDxdSd2NdFSrumu  over 61 million NLG sent/received..   If someone buys a sandwich at subway and the store owner has decided to immediately convert to fiat to pay his rent/suppliers/employees, that has to be converted to Euro and there has to be way for him/her to do that.  I'm assuming that takes place NLG->BTC->EURO for now.  NLG->BTC part takes place on Bittrex? BTC->EURO via BTC/EURO exchanges?  Sure down the road a liquid NLG/EUR would be fantastic.  But that's probably not going to happen anytime soon.

NLG charts, richlist, and mining stats - http://nlgstats.nl
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 10:19:30 PM

My humble 2 cents on this delisting talk Smiley   Believe me, I'm first in line to cut the mobster multipools off of NLG, but Bittrex currently provides some much needed liquidity for NLG..  Some examples.. litebit utilizes Bittrex to exchange NLG for BTC.. see https://explorer.guldencoin.com/#/address/GZxv6W747MWN2X2vBJJwDxdSd2NdFSrumu  over 61 million NLG sent/received..   If someone buys a sandwich at subway and the store owner has decided to immediately convert to fiat to pay his rent/suppliers/employees, that has to be converted to Euro and there has to be way for him/her to do that.  I'm assuming that takes place NLG->BTC->EURO for now.  NLG->BTC part takes place on Bittrex? BTC->EURO via BTC/EURO exchanges?  Sure down the road a liquid NLG/EUR would be fantastic.  But that's probably not going to happen anytime soon.

On the other hand... try to keep it delisted. Other users will be asking for listing it again.
markanth

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 11:38:35 PM

On the other hand... try to keep it delisted. Other users will be asking for listing it again.

I'm not trying to be argumentative.. from my (perhaps naive) perspective there is both good and bad associated with being listed on Bittrex..  please don't take my input as anything other than trying have a discussion to develop a better understanding..

NLG charts, richlist, and mining stats - http://nlgstats.nl
Buerra
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 11:50:09 PM

I'm not trying to be argumentative.. from my (perhaps naive) perspective there is both good and bad associated with being listed on Bittrex..  please don't take my input as anything other than trying have a discussion to develop a better understanding..

There is no reason to not switch their services over to a new exchange, as long as the volume is high enough on the new exchange. Shouldn't make much of a difference, there will always be people selling, but probably at a higher price then NLG is being sold right now. We don't need to be removed from any exchange, just have an exchange with a better end-goal for NLG usage-wise and get all the tools to register there. Such as Guldenbuy, Litebit, Paysafegulden, Guldenpay, price tickers, apps and other stuff. It's about becoming more independent. If something happens to Bleu or Swisscex, Comkort or Bittrex, we have a very cool backup we can call our own Smiley
nickelback65

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 01:37:06 AM

There is no reason to not switch their services over to a new exchange, as long as the volume is high enough on the new exchange. Shouldn't make much of a difference, there will always be people selling, but probably at a higher price then NLG is being sold right now. We don't need to be removed from any exchange, just have an exchange with a better end-goal for NLG usage-wise and get all the tools to register there. Such as Guldenbuy, Litebit, Paysafegulden, Guldenpay, price tickers, apps and other stuff. It's about becoming more independent. If something happens to Bleu or Swisscex, Comkort or Bittrex, we have a very cool backup we can call our own Smiley

I agree.  A quality Guldencoin exchange with all the tools will be a natural draw for Guldencoin supporters. 
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:49:12 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2015, 03:44:50 AM by ny2cafuse

A little bit of venting:

I wanted to comment on the situation at the moment with DIGI, and some of the conversation being had over in the Gulden forums.  While the discussion is in Dutch, hopefully Google translate isn't giving me the wrong translation.  So there are some points I wanted to address.

Op die manier hebben we Digi geimplementeerd, aan de hand van suggesties, ideeen en gevoelens, maar niet aan de hand van bewijzen.  (Translated to:In this way we have implemented Digi, according to suggestions, ideas and feelings, but not on the basis of evidence. And it does not work, in fact the risk was even present it would work worse.)

It has proven effective for a large number of altcoins.  My team's suggestion for DIGI wasn't based on feelings, it's was based on the fact that DIGI works for a lot of other coins.  It's just not working with our block times and the absence of dedicated miners.  But I'll come back to the block times in a minute.  Anyone else notice that as dedicated mining power reduced over the last week, things got progressively worse?  People jumped ship and furthered the situation we're in now.  Fact of the matter is we are playing ping-pong with CM.  We find a long high block and CM finds the short block.  There is no middle ground without dedicated miners.  Top that off with my thoughts that we're moving too far in either direction means that we're never landing in a difficulty zone that accommodates our dedicated miners, and we're just struggling more than we need to right now.

Back to block times.  DIGI, and other single block retargets, work best with a block time closer to 1 minute.  Lets do some math:

Our block retarget = 150 seconds.  Let's say the last block came in at 15 seconds.  That's 10% of the retarget time.  Let's say block retarget = 75 seconds.  We have the same last block time of 15 seconds.  That's 20% of the retarget time.  Regardless of the change limit, you could guess which is getting a bigger proportional change to difficulty.

So with our block times, not only are we hitting extreme retarget/actual block time proportions, but we're using a higher percentage of change.

I'll admit that DIGI is a little wonky right now.  However, it is the right algo for the situation.  With dedicated mining power, DIGI will work in it's current form.  CM will take less coins, and miners will make more profit.

De tijd die GJ in de Digi implementatie heeft gestoken, heeft hij niet in de simulator of custom algoritme kunnen steken. Het lijkt dat het verwarrend blijft voor velen.  (Translated to: The time GJ has put into the Digi deployment, he was unable to stabbing in the simulator or custom algorithm.)

The translation is a little confusing, but there's one part that really stands out, even with the broken translation- the DIGI work took away from /GJ's ability to work on a custom algorithm.  First thing to note about this is that we still haven't seen any results from the simulator.  The last github commit was over a month ago.  I still don't see the DIGI code in the simulator.  While I would love /GJ's simulator to be the end all be all source of a new or custom algo, we haven't seen anything from it other than false hope.  I know that sounds harsh, but it's how I feel.  The simulator is still unproven.  It will be so until it's tested against a testnet, and the results are reviewed by someone other than it's creator.

Now if any of the translations were just totally off, and I'm reading it the wrong way, please let me know.

Speaking of simulators:

That being said, I wanted to share the latest developments out of the Criptoe team.  We are still committed to providing any and all support we can for the coin.  And while we agree that the simulator is a great idea, we're just GO dumb.  So instead of learning GO, we wrote our own simulator.  Let me rephrase that... our most recent addition to the team wrote our own simulator.  So I would like to share his project with everyone now.  I'll let him comment on the details when he gets online and sees this.

The simulator is an Excel spreadsheet running a VBS macro scrypt on the backend.  It's relatively easy to tweak the numbers to test out different situations, and there are already plans in the works to try to port it to C++ for easy algo code drop in.  We know that there are different paths that one can take to get to a solution, so we forged our own instead of waiting for someone else.

So without further ado, I present the Criptoe Mining Simulator:

Settings page:

Mining results page:

European/NL Criptoe Mining Pool:

In addition to our simulator, within the next couple weeks, the above mentioned member will be opening a European extension to the Criptoe pool.  It will run separately from Criptoe.Com, under his control, and provide a backup pool to those looking for the reliability and trustworthiness that the Criptoe team strives for.  We'll keep people up to date with launch info, so stay tuned.

I'll leave with this- You may love the Criptoe Team or hate us.  You may think we're a bunch of old opinionated bastards, 24Kilo especially(love ya, mate), but we're here to help in any way we can.  We've been around long enough to see enough failures in crypto to know when you have a winner.  NLG is our winner.

Here's to the success of NLG, from now until the zombie robot apocalypse.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
MadGhost

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:52:42 AM

My humble 2 cents on this delisting talk Smiley   Believe me, I'm first in line to cut the mobster multipools off of NLG, but Bittrex currently provides some much needed liquidity for NLG..  Some examples.. litebit utilizes Bittrex to exchange NLG for BTC.. see https://explorer.guldencoin.com/#/address/GZxv6W747MWN2X2vBJJwDxdSd2NdFSrumu  over 61 million NLG sent/received..   If someone buys a sandwich at subway and the store owner has decided to immediately convert to fiat to pay his rent/suppliers/employees, that has to be converted to Euro and there has to be way for him/her to do that.  I'm assuming that takes place NLG->BTC->EURO for now.  NLG->BTC part takes place on Bittrex? BTC->EURO via BTC/EURO exchanges?  Sure down the road a liquid NLG/EUR would be fantastic.  But that's probably not going to happen anytime soon.

Yeah, new exchange is working fine and volume is also high.

pijpenstelen

Activity: 407

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 05:44:55 AM

A little bit of venting:

I wanted to comment on the situation at the moment with DIGI, and some of the conversation being had over in the Gulden forums.  While the discussion is in Dutch, hopefully Google translate isn't giving me the wrong translation.  So there are some points I wanted to address.

Op die manier hebben we Digi geimplementeerd, aan de hand van suggesties, ideeen en gevoelens, maar niet aan de hand van bewijzen.  (Translated to:In this way we have implemented Digi, according to suggestions, ideas and feelings, but not on the basis of evidence. And it does not work, in fact the risk was even present it would work worse.)

It has proven effective for a large number of altcoins.  My team's suggestion for DIGI wasn't based on feelings, it's was based on the fact that DIGI works for a lot of other coins.  It's just not working with our block times and the absence of dedicated miners.  But I'll come back to the block times in a minute.  Anyone else notice that as dedicated mining power reduced over the last week, things got progressively worse?  People jumped ship and furthered the situation we're in now.  Fact of the matter is we are playing ping-pong with CM.  We find a long high block and CM finds the short block.  There is no middle ground without dedicated miners.  Top that off with my thoughts that we're moving too far in either direction means that we're never landing in a difficulty zone that accommodates our dedicated miners, and we're just struggling more than we need to right now.

Back to block times.  DIGI, and other single block retargets, work best with a block time closer to 1 minute.  Lets do some math:

Our block retarget = 150 seconds.  Let's say the last block came in at 15 seconds.  That's 10% of the retarget time.  Let's say block retarget = 75 seconds.  We have the same last block time of 15 seconds.  That's 20% of the retarget time.  Regardless of the change limit, you could guess which is getting a bigger proportional change to difficulty.

So with our block times, not only are we hitting extreme retarget/actual block time proportions, but we're using a higher percentage of change.

I'll admit that DIGI is a little wonky right now.  However, it is the right algo for the situation.  With dedicated mining power, DIGI will work in it's current form.  CM will take less coins, and miners will make more profit.

De tijd die GJ in de Digi implementatie heeft gestoken, heeft hij niet in de simulator of custom algoritme kunnen steken. Het lijkt dat het verwarrend blijft voor velen.  (Translated to: The time GJ has put into the Digi deployment, he was unable to stabbing in the simulator or custom algorithm.)

The translation is a little confusing, but there's one part that really stands out, even with the broken translation- the DIGI work took away from /GJ's ability to work on a custom algorithm.  First thing to note about this is that we still haven't seen any results from the simulator.  The last github commit was over a month ago.  I still don't see the DIGI code in the simulator.  While I would love /GJ's simulator to be the end all be all source of a new or custom algo, we haven't seen anything from it other than false hope.  I know that sounds harsh, but it's how I feel.  The simulator is still unproven.  It will be so until it's tested against a testnet, and the results are reviewed by someone other than it's creator.

Now if any of the translations were just totally off, and I'm reading it the wrong way, please let me know.

Speaking of simulators:

That being said, I wanted to share the latest developments out of the Criptoe team.  We are still committed to providing any and all support we can for the coin.  And while we agree that the simulator is a great idea, we're just GO dumb.  So instead of learning GO, we wrote our own simulator.  Let me rephrase that... our most recent addition to the team wrote our own simulator.  So I would like to share his project with everyone now.  I'll let him comment on the details when he gets online and sees this.

The simulator is an Excel spreadsheet running a VBS macro scrypt on the backend.  It's relatively easy to tweak the numbers to test out different situations, and there are already plans in the works to try to port it to C++ for easy algo code drop in.  We know that there are different paths that one can take to get to a solution, so we forged our own instead of waiting for someone else.

Settings page:

Mining results page:

In addition to our simulator, within the next couple weeks, the above mentioned member will be opening a European extension to the Criptoe pool.  It will run separately from Criptoe.Com, under his control, and provide a backup pool to those looking for the reliability and trustworthiness that the Criptoe team strives for.  We'll keep people up to date with launch info, so stay tuned.

I'll leave with this- You may love the Criptoe Team or hate us.  You may think we're a bunch of old opinionated bastards, 24Kilo especially(love ya, mate), but we're here to help in any way we can.  We've been around long enough to see enough failures in crypto to know when you have a winner.  NLG is our winner.

-Fuse

Excellent work Mr Fuse, will be interested to see your teams results. I personally appreciate the support you keep giving Guldencoin and I am team Criptoe fan!

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
  ▄███▀    ▄▄▄████▄▄    ▀████ 
 ▐███     ██████████▀     ███▌
 ███▌    ██████▀▀        ▄███▌
▐███    ▐████▄      ▄▄▄██████▌
▐███▌  ▄████████▄▄██████████▀
 ████████▀█████████████▀▀▀    
  ████▌    ▀▀██████▀▀      ▄▄
   ▀████▄              ▄▄████▌
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
pijpenstelen

Activity: 407

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 07:03:23 AM

Bram: Look out, that site gives a lot of messages of blocking website latium.cc from my antivirus. Better inform first what this website is about and not mention this site on your website Bram, before knowing it is safe. Antivirus program says latium.cc is known as spreading damage software.

the link is delete

I notice the site had it's own download links. Never trust unless from main website, people want to steal Guldencoin as it has a good future.

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████   READ OUR WHITEPAPER   ██████████
CREATE YOUR DECENTRALIZED LIFE
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄███████████▄▄       
     ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄    
    ████▀             ▀████▄  
     ▀█████▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██████▀▀
       ▀▀██████████████▀▀     
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           
strataghyst

Activity: 393

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:02:19 AM

A little bit of venting:

Speaking of simulators:

Settings page:

Mining results page:

-Fuse

Excellent work Mr Fuse, will be interested to see your teams results. I personally appreciate the support you keep giving Guldencoin and I am team Criptoe fan!

Same here  Grin
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:50:36 AM

Don't worry. I also assumed it not to be more than a discussion. I think your points are valid and personally I feel that delisting will not directly improve things, as it might also damage dedicated miners.

@Fuse, great updates! The drop in hash rate is, I think, mostly due to me expiring all of my mining contracts. I'm curious what will happen when this levels out (drop in hash rate). Would DIGI recover in this situation, or not? We've also been discussing non-coding solutions if the situation doesn't improve on the other forum.
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:25:23 AM

http://bitcoinederland.nl/index.php?topic=4.0
Pages: « 1 ... 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 [408] 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: