Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:25:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Storj - Decentralized Storage  (Read 389681 times)
mstfck

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

I was hacked. Sorry for any scam that occured.

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 11:23:14 AM

Love the Storj community. Promising concept.

I was inactive on this forum and apparently someone got my credentials and used my account in scams.
I have changed the password and I am sorry for any scam that occured.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alex_crypto

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:05:11 PM

sorry to not read through pages. When is Storj going to be operational?
l3mmy

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:31:22 PM

sorry to not read through pages. When is Storj going to be operational?

The initial testing phase will begin this month.

See http://storj.io/earlyaccess for access information
juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:34:10 PM

Love the Storj community. Promising concept.
and the price is so stable, it seem the project goes well.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 02:36:45 PM

Storj is cool, the price is going up today Shocked To da moon!

PS: don't forget bittrex and cryptsy.
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:27:10 PM

how can I sign up for storj announcements?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 03:39:56 PM

i think on the website is an email sign up, that is how i get them
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:26:52 PM

i think on the website is an email sign up, that is how i get them

thank you!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

STORJX

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 05:37:43 AM

We have had this question asked several times by our supporters and non.

Not on my drive: saying no to illegal content on Storj

Read our latest blog post.  Smiley
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 05:54:07 AM

Read our latest blog post.  Smiley

This attempt is just very confusing for the average "farmer": "shards"?, "gray lists"? How do you see what it is in your hard drive if it is encrypted? If you can see it, the whole anonymity (decentralized) purpose is lost, so how are those "gray lists" created and by who?

I must be quite dense for I don't see how you can get "the best of both worlds"by only allowing legal content in your hard drive if, by definition, you don't know -nobody does- what it is that you are storing...
STORJX

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 06:03:55 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2014, 08:06:04 AM by STORJX

Read our latest blog post.  Smiley

This attempt is just very confusing for the average "farmer": "shards"?, "gray lists"? How do you see what it is in your hard drive if it is encrypted? If you can see it, the whole anonymity (decentralized) purpose is lost, so how are those "gray lists" created and by who?

I must be quite dense for I don't see how you can get "the best of both worlds"by only allowing legal content in your hard drive if, by definition, you don't know -nobody does- what it is that you are storing...

If you read the blog post it explains it quite well. Farmers don't know what is stored on their hard drives, we make sure of that. If an organization that keeps track of bad file hashes makes a public greylist for shards known to be associated with illegal content, users could opt-in. By doing this they prevent these bad shards to be stored on their drives. And it is not a centralized solution.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 06:32:37 AM

Read our latest blog post.  Smiley

If you read the blog post it explains it quite well. Farmers don't know what is stored on their hard drives, we make sure of that. If an organization that keeps track of bad file hashes makes a public graylist for shards known to be associated with illegal content, users could opt-in. By doing this they prevent these bad shards to be stored on their drives. And it is not a centralized solution.

Even more confusing: So an organization could know of "bad file hashes" but an individual or individuals couldn't? What organization, a legal one, such as Law enforcement or just Human Rights and the like?

I HAVE read the blog post, of course...
STORJX

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 07:07:10 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2014, 07:23:40 AM by STORJX

Even more confusing: So an organization could know of "bad file hashes" but an individual or individuals couldn't? What organization, a legal one, such as Law enforcement or just Human Rights and the like?

No need to be negative about the fact that farmers could opt-in to prevent hosting illegal content. I believe it's the way to go.
"Greylisting" is a well known practice from email spam to illegal content such as music and video, etc... Just Google it and learn something new today.  Smiley
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 07:10:47 AM

No need to be negative about the fact that farmers could opt-in to prevent hosting illegal content. I believe it's the way to go.
"Graylisting" is a well known practice from email spam to illegal content such as music and video, etc... Just Google it and learn something new today.  Smiley

I am not being negative at all, as a matter of fact I am trying, quite hard, to be positive. Statements such as the above will NOT help though. Avoiding my very specific question, will have the opposite effect, of course. Once again: What organizations? and why organizations will have access to thgose "bad hashes" but no individual?

Will you duck those again and come up with another snotty, totally inappropriate remark?
STORJX

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 07:48:55 AM

I am not being negative at all, as a matter of fact I am trying, quite hard, to be positive. Statements such as the above will NOT help though. Avoiding my very specific question, will have the opposite effect, of course. Once again: What organizations? and why organizations will have access to thgose "bad hashes" but no individual?

Will you duck those again and come up with another snotty, totally inappropriate remark?

There are non profit organizations like the EFF who have released their own Ad Blocker tool (Privacy Badger).
If and when an illegal file gets shared with a MetaDisk link, that includes the private key to open it, everyone with the link can see it.
So these organizations could keep an eye on those shared links and mark their shards as bad/illegal and add them to a greylist.
Furthermore if users see such links posted online they can also report them.

I mean, unless you are being negative I don't understand the point of your questions.
I'm not ducking your questions I don't think, with your attitude and tone, you deserve a reply.
If you had even tried our MetaDisk beta and share a file yourself you would have known the answer to your questions.

We do our best to be as open and transparent as possible, we release regular updates on development progress, and LISTEN very carefully to feedback from our community. We answer all questions as appropriate, and act upon feedback. We even write a blog post with ideas on how we could enable farmers to have their drives clean from illegal content. I don't think it is only my feeling but your last few questions on this thread haven't really been supportive of Storj.  
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 07:58:54 AM

There are non profit organizations like the EFF who have released their own Ad Blocker tool (Privacy Badger).
If and when an illegal file gets shared with a MetaDisk link, that includes the private key to open it, everyone with the link can see it.
So these organizations could keep an eye on those shared links and mark their shards as bad/illegal and add them to a greylist.

I mean, unless you are being negative I don't understand the point of your questions.
I'm not ducking your questions I don't think with your attitude you deserve a reply.

We do our best to be as open and transparent as possible, we release regular updates on development progress, and LISTEN very carefully to feedback from our community. We answer all questions as appropriate, and act upon feedback. We even write a blog post with ideas on how we could enable farmers to have their drives clean from illegal content. I don't think it is only my feeling but your last few questions on this thread haven't really been supportive of Storj.  

That's because I am NOT supportive of Storj. Not yet. Hence my questioning. But I did not think that not being a pom-pom cheerleader of your project (just yet) would be interpreted as being negative. I guess I was mistaken and exercising critical thinking, of course, is not only not considered helpful but even negative. Wow.

Given such circumstances, by all means go ahead and cater to your pom-poms. I definitely will not be interested in your project any longer.
STORJX

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 08:24:43 AM

That's because I am NOT supportive of Storj. Not yet. Hence my questioning. But I did not think that not being a pom-pom cheerleader of your project (just yet) would be interpreted as being negative. I guess I was mistaken and exercising critical thinking, of course, is not only not considered helpful but even negative. Wow.

Given such circumstances, by all means go ahead and cater to your pom-poms. I definitely will not be interested in your project any longer.

Believe me we don't only listen to our supporters we pay as much attention, if not more, to critics.
We welcome all questions and please do feel free to ask more.

You do like our project, or at least you are interested so why not be polite when asking?
It will go a long way and it will guarantee you a prompt answer, so long as someone from the team is around.
l3mmy

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 12:05:59 PM

"Graylisting" is a well known practice from email spam to illegal content such as music and video, etc... Just Google it and learn something new today.  Smiley

Organizations only will not have access. To the bad hashes.  Once a bad actor posts a file publicly providing the world with his private key and has of the file it becomes known.  That person has just sacrificed the anonymity of his file, he chose to give out a file he knows to be "bad". This is not people scouring and decrypting hashes this is people making the choice to share their files publicly.  If someone keeps their files private there is no way to know.  However now that the world knows about this bad file it can be added to the optional opt in gray list or as stated in the article this could be created by organizations that you trust or you could create your own.
juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 02:57:48 PM

I'm not ducking your questions I don't think, with your attitude and tone, you deserve a reply.
If you had even tried our MetaDisk beta and share a file yourself you would have known the answer to your questions.

thanks for your hard work, dev,
just focus on your coding and idea, the community will grow.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 03:24:08 PM

Hello barrabas,

Your reading comprehension skills are... uhmm... you lack alot of it.

Even my 15 year old nephew understood the blogpost after the first read  Cheesy

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: