Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:45:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:38:05 AM

I've never been able to get my miner hashing using the web interface. CG Miner never initialized when I would turn on the pi. I know because every time I'd go through the steps to kill cgminer it said no process was killed. So I'd cgminer -DT get a look at what was working and enter my pool info from there. Then I'd set my minimum difficulty via the web interface in the pool I was using.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:39:32 AM

I do believe that I'm going to send my equipment that needs to be RMAed to Josh care of his lawfirm and send it directly to their address with printed pictures I took of the damage. As I got a unit with manufacturing issues then I am due a new working unit and would be happy to talk to josh or his lawyers on how they would like to go about that.

Well, that sounds like a good idea.  If AMT is unwilling to receive the miners at their address, then I am sure their lawyers would be more than thrilled to receive the miners at their address.   Is that how we are going to proceed to RMA all these broken miners?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
MinerPro

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:10:08 AM

Dear AMT customers/clients/followers.

We write to inform you that due to the pending class action, Lenell et al. v. Advanced Mining Technology, Inc., No. 14-cv-01924 (E.D.Pa.), we will no longer be communicating on the Bitcoin Talk Forum per the advice of our attorneys. We are still working towards resolving all outstanding customer complaints in conjunction with our counsel. Please note that customers may still contact us directly to  discuss issues with their orders, but we will be unable to use the forum as a means of communication regarding specific orders or the pending litigation. You may contact us by phone at 855-866-6463 or by email at josh@advancedminers.com .  We will still handle individual communications regarding orders within the ordinary course of business.

Yes, what IS the point of telling us to contact you when you have no intentions to answer any of us?  I emailed twice, once Monday and once Tuesday and nothing. Just the proverbial sound of crickets trying to get laid. At least someone is being **** here... Wink
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:43:24 AM

We write to inform you that due to the pending class action, Lenell et al. v. Advanced Mining Technology, Inc., No. 14-cv-01924 (E.D.Pa.), we will no longer be communicating on the Bitcoin Talk Forum per the advice of our attorneys. We are still working towards resolving all outstanding customer complaints in conjunction with our counsel. Please note that customers may still contact us directly to  discuss issues with their orders, but we will be unable to use the forum as a means of communication regarding specific orders or the pending litigation. You may contact us by phone at 855-866-6463 or by email at josh@advancedminers.com .  We will still handle individual communications regarding orders within the ordinary course of business.

Yes, what IS the point of telling us to contact you when you have no intentions to answer any of us?  I emailed twice, once Monday and once Tuesday and nothing. Just the proverbial sound of crickets trying to get laid. At least someone is being **** here... Wink

Chances are they probably got barred from even doing that.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
MinerPro

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:08:52 PM

Chances are they probably got barred from even doing that.

Well, possibly... Still, don't write up such a note then. Who are the attorneys they avidly keep refering to? Does anyone know?
opieum2

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:18:20 PM

Thanks ISAWHIM. On the software side I am currently compiling cgminer 4.3.3 for use. I will have a report likley tommorrow afternoon or later this evening depending on if it works on the first try. If it brings back the hardware, then its a huge win.

ISAWHIM, You think that the issues with the cards shutting down then are software, hardware or a combination of both?

In my case, I assume it was the hardware for the most part. However, the software didn't quite know how to handle the "issue".

All except the issue with the starting, booting and resetting, which, for me, is still spotty.

There needs to be a longer delay between booting stages. It just pukes-out stage after stage, and obviously, some components are not actually ready, when it attempts to talk to them. (Namely the cards and the network.)

This, again, is where a multi-stage delayed-boot sequence would help. Allowing the devices to become powered-up and ready, before attempting to communicate with them.

The "reboot" in the settings, for the password-change and "target temps" (Not sure why those are both on the same page.), and also on the setup for the pools, is buggy as hell. (It is also annoying that it defaults to "balanced load" and not "failover". You do NOT want to run in balanced-mode, unless you are connecting to three separate servers, for some reason. You want failover, so when one pool fails, it attempts to go to the next one.) However, I do not change pools often, so that is just an annoying thing.

When changing the servers... "Save and reboot", does not actually reboot... it soft-boots... However, mine ends-up showing hashing like 12GHs and 45GHs per card after that... until I physically reboot by killing power to the PSU, since no-one has figured out how to turn off the unit unless you unplug the whole unit.

My biggest issue is that the miner does not connect to http connections for solomining. It demands "stratum+tcp" connections only. (Pools)

I was wrong before, about it hashing, but not reporting hashing... It does "get work", it just doesn't hash with it?!? Not sure how that got glitched. Pools are the worst thing to mine into, unless you have no choice, due to difficulty being high. However, coins I want to mine do not have high diffs, and pools are all in foreign-lands. (Too far, so lots of thrown-out share credits and valid work.)

If you could add some start-up delays between the start-up sequences... I am about 90% sure that will help resolve a lot of the issues where it simply gets "stuck" on the "Monitor" stage. Which is the last stage just before the network connects. (Or it is getting stuck on the network stage, and thus, does not refresh the screen, making you think it is stuck on the "Monitor" stage.)

Can't the restart process be performed manually?

What are the software components that need to be started?  BTW, where the hell is the manual???

What needs to be started prior to CGMiner?  What is amt-setup for?

I will test reboots tonight. I have cgminer 4.3.3 setup on there and working (no mining equipment hooked up just test for actual initialization of the app). If things go well tonight I will release the image with some SAFE defaults to start with. The hashing will be intentionally slower (as it should be to prevent any blowouts or overheats). As I am still testing and tweaking. If anyone else knows linux and does some driver work I would be happy to PM a link to the image. Right now I am using the bitmine drivers for this setup. The backplane driver also presumably is also based on a bitmine design so it should work. I don't think its an AMT thing only. I am hoping its just some software issue.

As for the delay I will see what I can do to add delays. I think that is something in the driver that would require some coding I am not familiar with. I will check with zefir to see if he is willing to provide some input on that. I will check the changelogs to make sure it wasnt already added. If not I will look to see how it can be done and make the changes myself.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:23:28 PM

We have not edited the site/pricing because the lawyers said not to touch anything, and these guys know their stuff. Part of the filing was that "nothing can altered, edited etc". Also we haven't accepted a new order in the last 4 weeks, despite people that would like to pay. And that's the truth. So why adjust the pricing if we're not accepting the orders, we just marked it as sold out/out of stock.

So should we contact your lawyers to ask why the site says that you have a 2.4 TH/s that is available for shipment on April 1st? 

Which makes me also wonder,  is AMT really selling an 2.4TH/s system and have you shipped these systems?

Contact them.  White & Williams LLP.

White and Willaims
1650 Market Street | One Liberty Place, Suite 1800 | Philadelphia, PA 19103-7395
T: 215.864.7000 | F: 215.864.7123

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
opieum2

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:49:09 PM

We have not edited the site/pricing because the lawyers said not to touch anything, and these guys know their stuff. Part of the filing was that "nothing can altered, edited etc". Also we haven't accepted a new order in the last 4 weeks, despite people that would like to pay. And that's the truth. So why adjust the pricing if we're not accepting the orders, we just marked it as sold out/out of stock.

So should we contact your lawyers to ask why the site says that you have a 2.4 TH/s that is available for shipment on April 1st? 

Which makes me also wonder,  is AMT really selling an 2.4TH/s system and have you shipped these systems?

White and Willaims
1650 Market Street | One Liberty Place, Suite 1800 | Philadelphia, PA 19103-7395

At least the lawyers MIGHT tell you why. Chances are they won't...attorney/client confidentiality and all that. Dont expect much on that route. I think behind the scenes a shitstorm is brewing. My guess is whatever it is things will be settling, but again very little of it to our favor. If AMT has little we are screwed. I haven't gotten any replies either (I got some occasionally when I needed tech help). Its likely pretty bad though...they could be undergoing a full audit now. Which might give the plantiffs a better idea of what is going on and what we all get....if the class is now a full class then all of us otherwise just the original plantiffs walk away either whole or with more than they were supposed to get which means our money as well. This could actually happen. But as I am not a lawyer I don't know. At this point all I want are 2 replacement miners to address the issues with the current ones.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:02:13 PM

White and Willaims

At least the lawyers MIGHT tell you why. Chances are they won't...attorney/client confidentiality and all that. Dont expect much on that route. I think behind the scenes a shitstorm is brewing. My guess is whatever it is things will be settling, but again very little of it to our favor. If AMT has little we are screwed. I haven't gotten any replies either (I got some occasionally when I needed tech help). Its likely pretty bad though...they could be undergoing a full audit now. Which might give the plantiffs a better idea of what is going on and what we all get....if the class is now a full class then all of us otherwise just the original plantiffs walk away either whole or with more than they were supposed to get which means our money as well. This could actually happen. But as I am not a lawyer I don't know. At this point all I want are 2 replacement miners to address the issues with the current ones.

I doubt you'll even receive those replacements. 

The AMT claim is that IMET is witholding them in exchange for payment.    It explains why only a few have been sent (even if they're broken) miners.   There are a lot of other folks that have received nothing.

BTW.. do let us know when you ship those miners back,  I want to know if they receive it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
opieum2

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:25:00 PM

White and Willaims

I doubt you'll even receive those replacements. 

The AMT claim is that IMET is witholding them in exchange for payment.    It explains why only a few have been sent (even if they're broken) miners.   There are a lot of other folks that have received nothing.

BTW.. do let us know when you ship those miners back,  I want to know if they receive it.

Until I know what the exact process is and all that I am not shipping anything. I don't want to go through the ordeal mrpark went through. Simplest thing too tho, they could ship me the miners and I just ship them back in the box the new ones came in they just have to include a return label. This is pretty much how manufacturers do it. Phone, Cable all sorts of equipment is handled this way.

They do have enough information to go up against IMET for defective hardware. Who knows what the deal is there. At this point we are all in the dark until we arent.

termonator61

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:28:00 PM

Hey AMT,

I've sent a bunch of emails your way and called a few times letting you know I was going to reach your office today. I'm outside now and was wondering if you could have a representative bop on over here so I could discuss my order face to face.

Thanks again,
Allen Myers
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:34:00 PM

Hey AMT,

I've sent a bunch of emails your way and called a few times letting you know I was going to reach your office today. I'm outside now and was wondering if you could have a representative bop on over here so I could discuss my order face to face.

Thanks again,
Allen Myers

Can you tell if there is anyone at the office?   If not,  you can you go over to the lawyers place:

361 West Lancaster Ave
 One Haverford Centre
 Haverford, Pennsylvania 19041
 Toll Free: 866-399-2487
 Voice: 610-642-8500

and see what progress they've made. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
opieum2

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:38:28 PM

Hey AMT,

Thanks again,
Allen Myers

With a name like termonator they should be shitting bricks.......lol. All joking aside tho, Hopefully you get results, if so could you please post up your experience?  Also you could walk over a few feet and talk to the class action lawyer who might give you some status on where the case is at. They are in the same lot there if I am not mistaken. If not they are a couple buildings over in 361 lancaster. Again if you could post it would be most helpful for all of us. Thanks

termonator61

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:45:59 PM

Hey AMT,

Thanks again,
Allen Myers

Can you tell if there is anyone at the office?   If not,  you can you go over to the lawyers place:

361 West Lancaster Ave
 One Haverford Centre
 Haverford, Pennsylvania 19041
 Toll Free: 866-399-2487
 Voice: 610-642-8500

and see what progress they've made. 

Hey,

No one is in their office but when I called the office number, I heard the phone ring, so it is in fact their office. I'm headed to the lawyer's now. Will post with updates.
opieum2

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:23:40 PM

I did a review of the code on github for the A1 driver. It appears that improvements were made to the delays scanning. However I am having this information confirmed as driver coding is not my strongest area. I asked a few more questions on improvements of the driver since the first version was made available. This might be helpful for us in getting these cards working. Since there is not alot of documentation (well none at all) on the AMT variants of these cards, this is alot of trial and error and guess work. I dont know what the result will be, BUT I am hopeful we might get some results and answers. Even with a single fried chip, it should be possible to bring the cards up partially unless they are chained in a way that brings the whole card down.

This is one hell of a learning experience here for me FYI. I know linux and am getting deep into hardware areas I never did before like drivers. So wish me luck. If I get a working miner/card tonight I will post an early alpha for testing. Once the initial step is done (zombie cards) I will work on features like a web interface and such which I will add later or someone else can. My plan is just a simple working base setup. I am going to call this project zombie lol. Seems like an appropriate name to get these miners back from the dead.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:39:06 PM

I did a review of the code on github for the A1 driver. It appears that improvements were made to the delays scanning. However I am having this information confirmed as driver coding is not my strongest area. I asked a few more questions on improvements of the driver since the first version was made available. This might be helpful for us in getting these cards working. Since there is not alot of documentation (well none at all) on the AMT variants of these cards, this is alot of trial and error and guess work. I dont know what the result will be, BUT I am hopeful we might get some results and answers. Even with a single fried chip, it should be possible to bring the cards up partially unless they are chained in a way that brings the whole card down.

This is one hell of a learning experience here for me FYI. I know linux and am getting deep into hardware areas I never did before like drivers. So wish me luck. If I get a working miner/card tonight I will post an early alpha for testing. Once the initial step is done (zombie cards) I will work on features like a web interface and such which I will add later or someone else can. My plan is just a simple working base setup. I am going to call this project zombie lol. Seems like an appropriate name to get these miners back from the dead.

Uh... I think project name should be called 'Lazarus'.   Zombies are living dead,  these AMT systems are more like vegetables than zombies.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
opieum2

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:02:33 PM

Uh... I think project name should be called 'Lazarus'.   Zombies are living dead,  these AMT systems are more like vegetables than zombies.

Eh, not a fan of overt religious references. Zombies works. These things were half dead when we got them, and now they are being raised from the dead. And to be honest if there were burned out chips on them who knows what state they will be in starting up, if at all. Hence zombies. Could be missing a chip or two but still work just like a zombie could still move even if they are missing arms, or crawl if they are missing legs Wink same idea here. Hopefully the cards are not in some kind of chain themselves that if a chip blows it fails the whole thing. I am still figuring all that out from a design standpoint.

ladi4ever

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:24:12 PM

Eh, not a fan of overt religious references. Zombies works. These things were half dead when we got them, and now they are being raised from the dead. And to be honest if there were burned out chips on them who knows what state they will be in starting up, if at all. Hence zombies. Could be missing a chip or two but still work just like a zombie could still move even if they are missing arms, or crawl if they are missing legs Wink same idea here. Hopefully the cards are not in some kind of chain themselves that if a chip blows it fails the whole thing. I am still figuring all that out from a design standpoint.

Oh my god Opium i see you are a very bored man...You posted on this forum 80% out of all..
opieum2

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:08:45 PM

Oh my god Opium i see you are a very bored man...You posted on this forum 80% out of all..

I can also see why AMT ignores you, Asshat. Unlike you I am trying to help the people out here who are having issues. I got enough time on my hands to do what I wish with my time. You spend your time posting up people's personal cell phone numbers and what commenting on my post count? Now who is bored if you have to look that up? What have you done to contribute?100 percent of your posts are bitching We all are in the same boat and are handling it in a way that does not involve constant bitching and helps each other get results.

So yea I might have 80 percent of the post count but its also at least trying to help people. If you don't like that then go fuck yourself. I'm pretty tired of the comments I get on that both public and PMs on the matter if anything its going to make me do more just to piss the trolls and flamers off.. If you can do better than bitch about AMT not getting you miners then do it and stop talking shit. Unlike you I got miners (broken as they were) and got results because of my actions. You....bitch bitch bitch. And got nothing. At the same time I am making contacts here that are both helpful and in turn I have been able to help. A useful community vs useless retards who bitch.

When you can contribute better you can talk...until then STFU troll.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2533

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:01:48 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 11:12:48 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

+10 ^^

Query: on the SPI data coms for the A1, how does cgminer route it to the cards? In my Ant s1's they use Arch as the OS with  TP-Link and openWRT to handle it. I assume the s2's do similar as well?  I know the Ants are very graceful about chips going down with the rest in the chain cruising along just fine.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: