Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:18:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
littleblue

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:52:33 AM

MaidSafeCoin now listed in the top ten at http://coinmarketcap.com/

Excellent!  Next big step is try to figure out how to get maidsafecoin on other exchanges.
nice! Cool
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
littleblue

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:53:00 AM

what price is maidsafe now and where can i buy it?
https://masterxchange.com/market.php?currency=maid
littleblue

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:19:41 AM

MaidSafeCoin now listed in the top ten at http://coinmarketcap.com/

Excellent!  Next big step is try to figure out how to get maidsafecoin on other exchanges.
市值大没用的,要看交易量的。 Grin
newuser01

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:29:49 AM

Compairing the price paid by BTC and MSC Backers of Maidsafe IPO I find Out this:

I think MaidSafe team should take action and Pay to BTC Backers more Bonus to cover this unfair IPO, Period.

This cannot be said enough times.

Anyone who invested in Maidsafe with bitcoins (which is what they actually wanted) got screwed.. I think they will want to adjust this somehow if they want to keep their BTC investors happy, even more so since it was bitcoins they were after, not mastercoins.

Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:05:23 PM

Compairing the price paid by BTC and MSC Backers of Maidsafe IPO I find Out this:

I think MaidSafe team should take action and Pay to BTC Backers more Bonus to cover this unfair IPO, Period.

Anyone who invested in Maidsafe with bitcoins (which is what they actually wanted) got screwed.. I think they will want to adjust this somehow if they want to keep their BTC investors happy, even more so since it was bitcoins they were after, not mastercoins.

I invested with BTC and I don't feel I got screwed.  A screwing would be if they didn't keep their end of the deal.  They kept their end of the deal and more.

You have to get over yourself.  In life, some people, some times, will have an advantage over you.  That is the real world.  If you're feeling screwed now, you're really going to feel screwed when safecoins are 50x the price they are at present.

You should be evaluating and buying safecoins on their own merit, not on the basis of what someone else paid for them.

Sounds to me like you're trying to do a short-term flip and now can't.  If you were looking at this as a longer-term investment you would be welcoming these cheap maidsafecoins as a way to build your investment.
newuser01

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:26:15 PM

I invested with BTC and I don't feel I got screwed.  A screwing would be if they didn't keep their end of the deal.  They kept their end of the deal and more.

You have to get over yourself.  In life, some people, some times, will have an advantage over you.  That is the real world.  If you're feeling screwed now, you're really going to feel screwed when safecoins are 50x the price they are at present.

You should be evaluating and buying safecoins on their own merit, not on the basis of what someone else paid for them.

Sounds to me like you're trying to do a short-term flip and now can't.  If you were looking at this as a longer-term investment you would be welcoming these cheap maidsafecoins as a way to build your investment.

Sounds to me like you're in denial telling yourself that you didn't get completely fucked over, when in reality you did - because you paid more for less. (during the same 24h? window).
Vandalay23

Activity: 341

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:19:33 PM

Have BTC investors received the maidsafecoins already?
Raxe.io

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 05:45:09 PM

dirvine, will your team be now building code everyday, and will this code be open on github or closed until launch?

I have noticed most of the core files on your repo [github] have not been updated in months.

What is the timeline for development?

Raxe.io / Example wallet: http://wallet.raxe.io
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 06:23:10 PM

Have BTC investors received the maidsafecoins already?

Yes. 
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:05:09 PM

can someone explain to me how this is supposed to decentralize the internet? does it provide incentives for entrepreneurs to provide parallel or alternative data transmission models. does it reward mesh net node operators? i cant find anything about this sort of thing. From what i read it looks like a new layer that is going to be added to the top of existing infrastructure, if this is true it wouldn't be decentralizing the internet at all. decentralizing data storage maybe. but "the internet" can only be defined as the network of cables and satellites that connect computers. the internet is a collection of physical objects like routers and fiber optic cables and satellites, not data or information abstractions.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:05:30 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 07:44:51 PM by mr_random

I agree. It is clearly a problem when two sets of investors pay for the same asset, at the same time, at wildly different prices. People who invested with BTC have made an instant loss because of this. If the maidsafe team is honest they know that they would not have raised anywhere near that amount of money if it was clear on their website that the mastercoin crew got the majority of the coins much cheaper.

I hope that the maidsafe team will do the right thing here to prevent the reputation of the project being tarnished.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:12:18 PM

How could Maidsafe make this right? Could they offer extra all the people that used bitcoin extra maidsafecoin?
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:33:38 PM

How could Maidsafe make this right? Could they offer extra all the people that used bitcoin extra maidsafecoin?

Of course. I would call it giving bitcoin investors equal to what the mastercoin investors received. In a regulated market what happened with maidsafe would actually be illegal.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:49:30 PM

Of course. I would call it giving bitcoin investors equal to what the mastercoin investors received. In a regulated market what happened with maidsafe would actually be illegal.

Yeah the more I am reading into this the more concerned I am.

This explains the instant price drop post-IPO, I had no idea the offering wasn't equal.

I hope Maidsafe does right by us.
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:12:15 PM

Reading this forum thread, and all the backgrounder info on what MaidSafe is planning to do, and with all the news lately about the controversy over Net Neutrality... I am wondering if MaidSafe's decentralized private Internet concepts are functionally a grass-roots, user-based and people-driven response to these big controlling corporation's attempts at taking things over via this stuff?

Is that the case, or maybe I totally misunderstand one or both of these things?  Is MaidSafe the evolving Internet's solution to the Net Neutrality controversy?  Shocked Shocked Shocked

If so, all the quibbling here, over who paid how many pennies more or less for their MSAFE coins, is gonna look pretty ridiculous in a couple years... when safecoins are trading for several dollars each  Wink

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:43:42 PM

can someone explain to me how this is supposed to decentralize the internet? does it provide incentives for entrepreneurs to provide parallel or alternative data transmission models. does it reward mesh net node operators? i cant find anything about this sort of thing. From what i read it looks like a new layer that is going to be added to the top of existing infrastructure, if this is true it wouldn't be decentralizing the internet at all. decentralizing data storage maybe. but "the internet" can only be defined as the network of cables and satellites that connect computers. the internet is a collection of physical objects like routers and fiber optic cables and satellites, not data or information abstractions.

At present operators who provide storage to the P2P network are rewarded.  I don't know why you did not read that in the whitepapers. 

There are two big problems with cloud storage operators:

(1) The possibility that the business is shut down (see case of megaupload)
(2) The lack of privacy.

Maidsafe decentralizes the storage of data and therefore of information.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:44:45 PM

Reading this forum thread, and all the backgrounder info on what MaidSafe is planning to do, and with all the news lately about the controversy over Net Neutrality... I am wondering if MaidSafe's decentralized private Internet concepts are functionally a grass-roots, user-based and people-driven response to these big controlling corporation's attempts at taking things over via this stuff?

Is that the case, or maybe I totally misunderstand one or both of these things?  Is MaidSafe the evolving Internet's solution to the Net Neutrality controversy?  Shocked Shocked Shocked

If so, all the quibbling here, over who paid how many pennies more or less for their MSAFE coins, is gonna look pretty ridiculous in a couple years... when safecoins are trading for several dollars each  Wink

The Net Neutrality issue is primarily a last mile issue.  A mesh network would be a more likely solution for this.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:29:50 PM

The Net Neutrality issue is primarily a last mile issue.  A mesh network would be a more likely solution for this.

Aha... thanks for reply.

Not quite sure I fully understand the distinction but seems to me like either/both are a step in the right direction, no?

I mean, isn't it following the theory that censorship or "control" of any type is eventually interpreted by the "organic 'net" as "damage"... and -- one way or another -- technology must evolve in whatever way necessary to route around that damage?  Cool

Personally, I'd consider a small investment in MaidSafe (even at "high risk of loss", and even IF it's really all some huge scam after all?) to support that principle, even just in theory, as something well worthwhile for anyone & everyone to do.

Or, okay, maybe it's not "for everyone" but at least it should be for anyone HERE, i.e. anyone who claims to even remotely understand the potential of what crypto currencies and blockchain technology systems could accomplish...

IOW, I don't grok all the negativity towards MaidSafe, LOL.   WTF people?  Huh

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:46:32 PM

IOW, I don't grok all the negativity towards MaidSafe, LOL.   WTF people?  Huh

A lot seem less interested in the tech, and the evolutionary potential which it shares with things like Bitcoin, but more interested in making a quick buck through speculation. This seems apparent by how many haven't even read the white paper and all the other material...

I am like you and don't care if I see any monetary return on my investment but am more interested in supporting something that may help move us towards a more free and egalitarian world.
jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:42:07 PM

BuyMaid.com

Hi Bitcointalk,
We're happy to announce BuyMaid.com to the community!

A website where you can buy MaidSafecoins for a fair price and the transaction is simple and quick.

These are the currencies we accept:

• Bitcoin
  • Litecoin
  • Mastercoin

Some important notes:

- If you want to send your MaidSafeCoins, try Omniwallet (test.omniwallet.org).
- Although I'm online most of the time I can't guarantee immediate response. But I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
- Mastercoin and MaidSafeCoin are experimental technologies. Please educate yourself before making a purchase.

If you have any questions or if you are interested to buy in bulk, PM me or contact me through the contact form at www.buymaid.com

Thank you,
jeroenn13

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: