Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:35:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 ... 2122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4666803 times)
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 12:59:03 PM

I wrote a feature request on the official forum. Out of the feature itself, I believe it could foster innovation and help unofficial wallet differenciate themselves from the official wallet (in more than "just" having a GUI).

The post is here: https://forum.monero.cc/6/ideas/175/subaccount.

In order to both raise interest and encourage to post on the official forum instead of bitcointroll.org, I provide only an except:
Something I would really like to see in the GUI wallet is "subaccount. Use: separating money for various uses, without having to resort to various addresses, which requires transaction fees, keeping several seeds... (this doesn't invalidate extra accounts for separation of concerns or mild protection against rubber-hose cryptography).

For instance, a "main subaccount", a "paying taxes" subaccount, a "car loan" subaccount... Those subaccounts would only exist within the wallet. You could get a better financial hygiene
[...]
This could also be implemented in the unofficial wallets. It would be a nice way for them to differenciate from the official wallets (which could, eventually, integrate the idea later on). And it could happen before the official GUI and foster innovation.

Read more at subaccount

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 01:24:38 PM

What would be great is a "send btc using xmr.to" option in mymonero.
I like the idea and expanded upon it on the official forum: xmr.to in the wallet.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
BitMarshall

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 01:35:46 PM

I have a problem on Ubuntu on 1 VPS mining Monero.

Looks like this

It keeps terminating miner.
I tried reinstall of miner but no luck.
Any idea or solution?
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 01:50:12 PM

I have a problem on Ubuntu on 1 VPS mining Monero.

Looks like this

It keeps terminating miner.
I tried reinstall of miner but no luck.
Any idea or solution?

does your VPS actively terminate miners?

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
BitMarshall

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 01:50:55 PM

Yes it does.  Huh
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 02:03:16 PM

Yes it does.  Huh

I meant the host - the company. Again, I have no experience with this, but I've read that some hosting providers will throttle people who are mining, and therefore its not a far stretch to imagine they would just terminate a job. Again, I dunno. VPS should provide superuser private operating system etc, but is there a super super user that can come in and terminate a job? I dunno.

I mean, for 250 h/s, you might as well just buy a 750 ti and get that to work. You can get 280 h/s. 750 ti's run 100$ (if you can find a good deal). Don't buy em used... for some reason on ebay they sell for over 100$, even though on newegg etc you can often find them for 100$. And the 750 ti pulls about 30 watts, so its about $2.16 / month if your electricity costs 10 cents / kwh.

And then, if you ever bore of monero mining, you can sell the card. Unlike the fees for the VPS.

Or pay for a dedicated server where the company won't care what you're doing with their hardware.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
BitMarshall

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 02:05:38 PM

Yes it does.  Huh

I meant the host - the company. Again, I have no experience with this, but I've read that some hosting providers will throttle people who are mining, and therefore its not a far stretch to imagine they would just terminate a job. Again, I dunno. VPS should provide superuser private operating system etc, but is there a super super user that can come in and terminate a job? I dunno.

I mean, for 250 h/s, you might as well just buy a 750 ti and get that to work. You can get 280 h/s. 750 ti's run 100$ (if you can find a good deal). Don't buy em used... for some reason on ebay they sell for over 100$, even though on newegg etc you can often find them for 100$. And the 750 ti pulls about 30 watts, so its about $2.16 / month if your electricity costs 10 cents / kwh.

And then, if you ever bore of monero mining, you can sell the card. Unlike the fees for the VPS.

Or pay for a dedicated server where the company won't care what you're doing with their hardware.

I asked for solution for my problem on VPS, not for buying a grafic card.  Huh
Anyone with solution?
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 02:07:23 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2015, 03:24:26 PM by GingerAle

Yes it does.  Huh

I asked for solution for my problem on VPS, not for buying a grafic card.  Huh
Anyone with solution?

A quick google will tell you that termination of mining jobs on VPS is common. Google "VPS terminated miner" or "VPS terminating miner" etc.

Ah, realized you might be able to hack it by decreasing the number of threads you're using. If miners get terminated due to 100% core utilization, this might help. However, you will be using less cores, but still 100% of the cores you are using, so I dunno. If there was a way to throttle each core, maybe.

Perhaps just start with 1 thread and see how long u can go.

Oh, this should also totally be in a mining forum.
https://forum.monero.cc/13/mining-software-and-pools

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 02:46:28 PM

I asked for solution for my problem on VPS, not for buying a grafic card.  Huh
Anyone with solution?

Lots of VPS's will terminate mining tasks or processor intensive tasks, but it could also be the host OS taking the task down with an OOMkiller (out of memory killer). Typically speaking a VPS isn't well suited to processor intensive tasks.

BitMarshall

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 02:51:05 PM

Anyone with solution?

Lots of VPS's will terminate mining tasks or processor intensive tasks, but it could also be the host OS taking the task down with an OOMkiller (out of memory killer). Typically speaking a VPS isn't well suited to processor intensive tasks.
It's not about memory, it have 16GB (enough for Monero), and I do not use max core power ( 8 ), I am using 75% ( 6 ).
It's Ubuntu and it have all it needs to mine XMR. I use the same config and miner on the other VPS and there is no problem of any kind. So it is kinda strange to me and thats why I am asking for help or solution.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:21:10 PM

Anyone with solution?

It's not about memory, it have 16GB (enough for Monero), and I do not use max core power ( 8 ), I am using 75% ( 6 ).
It's Ubuntu and it have all it needs to mine XMR. I use the same config and miner on the other VPS and there is no problem of any kind. So it is kinda strange to me and thats why I am asking for help or solution.

I think on VPS you typically share a cpu cache with other users/VPSs, so it could be that someone else is doing something processor intensive, or that the hoster just doesn't like you using so much cpu power so they throttle the cache for you.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:39:20 PM

Anyone with solution?

Why are you overlooking the obvious answer that your provider most likely restricts the ability to use their CPU resources for mining. Go to your host and look at their terms of service. Chances are there is a line in there that excludes crypto mining. If you're able to mine on another instance with no issues from the same provider then it most likely has to deal with your usage in comparison to others sharing the server so you're getting throttled back.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 4824

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:19:30 PM

first and foremost, I would like to thank Risto for providing the liquidity that myself and my group of investors needed to dump at good prices

secondly, I would like to thank the operator of Poloniex for their prompt support during a period of high volatility and liquidity, and for raising my bitcoin and monero withdrawal limits

thirdly, I would like to thank fluffypony, smooth et. al for their suspense in releasing the missive, even though it didn't contain anything the market was actually waiting for

fourth, I would like to commend the aforementioned core devs for their surprise decision by committee to release the missive in audio format, so that the market could not disseminate it fast enough to undermine my selling plans

fifth I would like to thank the syndicate bidders for their patience, Risto's pump came out of nowhere and wasn't related to our syndicate bid. PM if interested in the syndicate. When there is actual production code released that increases Monero's utility, that is when investor awareness and a market rise will be rational. Not when Risto starts making things up.

I would like to thank you, with this post you stopped me from playing into your hand.

can everyone with buy orders in the .0010 range move your bid orders up a bit higher, I'm trying to form a syndicate bid with a bigger buy wall closer to the International Best Bid Best Offer

I can take out the order at .0017 if someone else fills the order at .00161 , judging conviction before I start filling heavily. I can take out the higher ask because this is still below my cost basis.

Also I spent a hour trying to get that missive converted to text but the quality was just too poor and the only translation software I could find for the job was google voice and that had to be broken up into 48 second chunks. Does anyone own or is familiar with dragon naturally speaking? I know it is an industry leader in voice recognition. I set it up in the 90's on a Quadrapalegic system but I'm sure it has changed alot since then.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 04:26:43 PM

first and foremost, I would like to thank Risto for providing the liquidity that myself and my group of investors needed to dump at good prices

secondly, I would like to thank the operator of Poloniex for their prompt support during a period of high volatility and liquidity, and for raising my bitcoin and monero withdrawal limits

thirdly, I would like to thank fluffypony, smooth et. al for their suspense in releasing the missive, even though it didn't contain anything the market was actually waiting for

fourth, I would like to commend the aforementioned core devs for their surprise decision by committee to release the missive in audio format, so that the market could not disseminate it fast enough to undermine my selling plans

fifth I would like to thank the syndicate bidders for their patience, Risto's pump came out of nowhere and wasn't related to our syndicate bid. PM if interested in the syndicate. When there is actual production code released that increases Monero's utility, that is when investor awareness and a market rise will be rational. Not when Risto starts making things up.

I would like to thank you, with this post you stopped me from playing into your hand.

can everyone with buy orders in the .0010 range move your bid orders up a bit higher, I'm trying to form a syndicate bid with a bigger buy wall closer to the International Best Bid Best Offer

I can take out the order at .0017 if someone else fills the order at .00161 , judging conviction before I start filling heavily. I can take out the higher ask because this is still below my cost basis.

Also I spent a hour trying to get that missive converted to text but the quality was just too poor and the only translation software I could find for the job was google voice and that had to be broken up into 48 second chunks. Does anyone own or is familiar with dragon naturally speaking? I know it is an industry leader in voice recognition. I set it up in the 90's on a Quadrapalegic system but I'm sure it has changed alot since then.

I started a github to transcribe it.
https://github.com/Gingeropolous/MoneroMissiveTranscribe

Someone already did 7 minutes of it. If people do little bits of it by hand, it'll get done.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 4824

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:45:08 PM

Someone already did 7 minutes of it. If people do little bits of it by hand, it'll get done.

After living on computers for ~35 years I still hunt and peck. Smiley

I find ways to automate. I'll try again when I get a few hours. When you get the new Mike record something under 48 seconds and it to email me.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 06:04:08 PM

After living on computers for ~35 years I still hunt and peck. Smiley

I find ways to automate. I'll try again when I get a few hours. When you get the new Mike record something under 48 seconds and it to email me.

ah, huntin and peckin. Gotcha.

I got the mic setup, im at work now, but I'll do that later tonight. PM me your email (its hidden in your profile). Will FP's accent mess up automated voice to text? If he's around perhaps he can record a snippet for yah.

kn7777777

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:06:36 PM

Hi to all,
Today i try to transfer 30 xmr to bittrex via my windows wallet version monero.win.x64.v0-8-8-6
I get message Transaction successfully sent. <<951bbf1b602b69a038b731edd2b460cd598006d586e1256d13789ab709b95eda>>
30 xmr was deducted from my wallet balance. Now i am not able to see my transaction at block chain
When i try to find it here https://minergate.com/blockchain/mro/blocks a get error message "No results found"
I also do not receive transaction at my bittrex account
The daemon was run and synchronized
Can someone help me?
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 06:24:04 PM

Hi to all,
Today i try to transfer 30 xmr to bittrex via my windows wallet version monero.win.x64.v0-8-8-6
I get message Transaction successfully sent. <<951bbf1b602b69a038b731edd2b460cd598006d586e1256d13789ab709b95eda>>
30 xmr was deducted from my wallet balance. Now i am not able to see my transaction at block chain
When i try to find it here https://minergate.com/blockchain/mro/blocks a get error message "No results found"
Can someone help me?

Did you send with the payment ID provided by bittrex? In the deposit XMR form on bittrex, there should be a note to use a payment ID.

Due to Monero's technology, you have to provide a payment ID when sending to places like Bittrex, otherwise they won't know which transaction is yours.

If you didn't send with a paymend ID, Contact Bittrex immediately. They can help you out.

kn7777777

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:43:53 PM

Hi to all,
Can someone help me?

Did you send with the payment ID provided by bittrex? In the deposit XMR form on bittrex, there should be a note to use a payment ID.

Due to Monero's technology, you have to provide a payment ID when sending to places like Bittrex, otherwise they won't know which transaction is yours.

If you didn't send with a paymend ID, Contact Bittrex immediately. They can help you out.

Yes i have use payment id  but when i try to search in https://minergate.com/blockchain/mro/blocks with my payment id i only see my past transaction but i cannot see today's transaction
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 06:52:34 PM

Hi to all,
Can someone help me?

Yes i have use payment id  but when i try to search in https://minergate.com/blockchain/mro/blocks with my payment id i only see my past transaction but i cannot see today's transaction

Hrm. Welp, then its beyond me. Hopefully someone else can help you.

Pages: « 1 ... 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 ... 2122 »
  Print  

Jump to: