Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:12:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667046 times)
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 08:58:38 PM

All I do is get distracted at work. Smiley

Me fail english? Thats unpossible.

Kimpossible plz.

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 09:01:30 PM

oh, forgot this one.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=978447.0

this has actually relatively few monerians involved.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
darkmind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:30:42 PM

Odds are in the favor of XMR right now, all other coins have experienced major pumps and dumps except XMR recently

I think XMR will rise soon expecting something similar to last year

eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:22:42 PM

^^ Yeah it's the root(n) paper, sorry. Recalled it incorrectly off the top of my head.

http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~sahai/work/web/2007%20Publications/ICALP_Chandran2007.pdf

Less cool but still cool for all of the same reasons. Thanks.

I think O(root(n)) is the smallest known implementation of ring signatures. The CryptoNote developers were aware of this -- one of their citations in the original white paper was to a publication on O(root(n)) ring signatures (Fujisaki CT-RSA 2011). However, it uses pairing-based cryptography for which there was no standard library so they opted to be conservative and implemented standard ring signatures.
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 04:23:03 AM

TED talk that has connected with me.

Also, for me, connects with Monero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp0HIF3SfI4#t=14

(18 minutes)

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 09:49:52 AM

TED talk that has connected with me.

Also, for me, connects with Monero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp0HIF3SfI4#t=14

(18 minutes)

Why? Privacy is the right of every man, woman and child.

dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:00:03 AM

Bytecoin at Facebook: two community pages now

Facebook recently changed their Pages Terms. That is the reason why nowadays there are two different pages about Bytecoin BCN there. But don't worry! New Bytecoin page is supported by BCN community as well as the oldest one. So we would post news, important information and funny pics on both pages.

You are welcomed to join, like and share at Bytecoin Community and Bytecoiner Community pages.
I just saw this in another thread. So, I asked myself, does Monero has an Facebook community?
Can't check myself, I don't own an FB account.
Obvious Monero would need and maybe benefit from an (good managed) FB community.

Sorry if Monero already has FB. I can't read and process all altcoin & XMR news and developments anymore. (Working an 10 hours non crypto office job, fuck my life.)
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:07:58 AM

I think smooth is reasoning in vain with darkfans in other threads. These people are a different breed, described here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=979562.0

We should direct our energy on making Monero useful to average people, i cannot stress much. On getting the DB and an official GUI( I know, but it is a weak point for us) out soon. I personally assure, ill make Monero be seen and heard everywhere( Not spam) once we have these out.

Actions speak louder than words. When Monero starts getting noob friendly, Dark will fade out itself
dewdeded
Legendary

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:12:55 AM

+100, good post GTO911
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 11:30:42 AM

I think smooth is reasoning in vain with darkfans in other threads. These people are a different breed, described here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=979562.0

We should direct our energy on making Monero useful to average people, i cannot stress much. On getting the DB and an official GUI( I know, but it is a weak point for us) out soon. I personally assure, ill make Monero be seen and heard everywhere( Not spam) once we have these out.

Actions speak louder than words. When Monero starts getting noob friendly, Dark will fade out itself

People are going to use Monero because it allows them easy access to freedom (privacy is freedom). Right now, no one is giving people the freedom of a private life. The state has declared it unsafe, technology (tool of the state) has declared "only if you are smart enough do you get it, but we will do our best to keep it out of your hands and destroy you if we catch you with too much of it." People will turn to freedom because life is too short to live in the labyrinthine recesses of fear.

dewdeded
Legendary

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:50:27 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2015, 01:21:05 PM by dewdeded

People are going to use Monero because it allows them easy access to freedom (privacy is freedom).
No, this is to general and no automatism. People are not going to use Monero, because it allows them easy access to freedom & privacy.
We, as the community, have to work, work, research, work & improve (in all parts of the project) , do even more improvement cycles, get in touch and open communication with general people and only if this is done, in great quality. People may use XMR because it allows them easy access to freedom.
It won't just automatically happen because of CNs/XMRs superior design to other anon concepts/coins or other fundamental facts where Monero shines today.

From what I can tell, assuming automatically adoption (because of above average technology) over time was one of the greatest problems of failed projects (crypto currency or not), e.g. Litecoin.
Or just google: "superior failed technologies" and read some old new articles about failed very promising technolgies.

-> Don't proclaim automatically adoption, it makes the community lazy and arrogant.
(Historic proof: Litecoin)
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:31:10 PM

Facebook recently changed their Pages Terms. That is the reason why nowadays there are two different pages about Bytecoin BCN there. But don't worry! New Bytecoin page is supported by BCN community as well as the oldest one. So we would post news, important information and funny pics on both pages.

You are welcomed to join, like and share at Bytecoin Community and Bytecoiner Community pages.
I just saw this in another thread. So, I asked myself, does Monero has an Facebook community?
Obvious Monero would need and maybe benefit from an (good managed) FB community.

Sorry if Monero already has FB. I can't read and process all altcoin & XMR news and developments anymore. (Working an 10 hours non crypto office job, fuck my life.)

This is the official Monero Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/monerocurrency

It currently isn't actively managed, because Quanttek had not enough much time on his hands to do this. To make sure the FB is actively managed again we (davidlatapie, dnaleor, greekbitcoin, wpalczysnki, quanttek and me) have set up a team and we will make sure there will be regular posts on the page again. Posts will include the missives, digest, old and new articles which spoke nicely about Monero and some bitcointalk posts which we think are very informing.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:35:23 PM

It currently isn't actively managed, because Quanttek had not enough much time on his hands to do this. To make sure the FB is actively managed again we (davidlatapie, dnaleor, greekbitcoin, wpalczysnki, quanttek and me) have set up a team and we will make sure there will be regular posts on the page again. Posts will include the missives, digest, old and new articles which spoke nicely about Monero and some bitcointalk posts which we think are very informing.

Fantastic work guys. Looking forward to the updates and hopefully more activity. Have you considered ideas how to encourage people to like the pages? That is one of the things that gets tracked by say coingecko.

dewdeded
Legendary

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:53:18 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2015, 01:23:03 PM by dewdeded

Yeah, dEBRUYNE go. Maybe the project leadership can even name you as FB official or FB project manager, because the other guys you mentioned already have alot of things to do. And so you can could lead & develop this sub fraction of the XMR community.
(Obvious meaning leading in consultation with the core team, the general XMR community and XMRs FB community).

I generally think the core team (or the community as a whole) should name qualified non core team members as "person in charge"/manager/"person responsible" for (important) community related tasks/jobs/projects.
This helps alot in community development. Like sub-section only (non global) moderators, on BCT or other web boards.
Or global communities/organisations naming local contact persons for cities/countries or domestic ambassadors.

Naming offically named responsible people (that are non core members) keeps the community/project development process organised & structured and keeps the influence of core team.
(And avoid self proclaimed "(sub-)leaders", fakes & scammers get ahold in XMRs community.)

It's really a good, cost- & risk-free strategy. If some "official responsible person" - for whatever XMR job/task/subproject he was assigned to - turns out the be incompetent or inactive, he can just be changed/replaced by a better candidate.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 01:06:28 PM

People are going to use Monero because it allows them easy access to freedom (privacy is freedom).
No, this is to general and no automatism. People are not to use Monero because it allows them easy access to freedom & privacy.
We as the community have to work, work, research, work & improve (in all parts of the project) , do even more improvement cycles, get in touch and open communication with general people and only if this is done, in great quality. People may use XMR because it allows them easy access to freedom.
It won't just automatically happen because of CNs/XMRs superior design to other anon concepts/coins or other fundamental facts where Monero shines today.

From what I can tell, assuming automatically adoption (because of above average technology) over time was one of the greatest problems of failed projects (crypto currency or not), e.g. Litecoin.
Or just google: "superior failed technologies" and read some old new articles about failed very promising technolgies.

-> Don't proclaim automatically adoption, it makes the community lazy and arrogant.
(Historic proof: Litecoin)

Who said it would be easy? I didn't  Tongue

GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 02:25:50 PM

Yeah, dEBRUYNE go. Maybe the project leadership can even name you as FB official or FB project manager, because the other guys you mentioned already have alot of things to do. And so you can could lead & develop this sub fraction of the XMR community.
(Obvious meaning leading in consultation with the core team, the general XMR community and XMRs FB community).

I generally think the core team (or the community as a whole) should name qualified non core team members as "person in charge"/manager/"person responsible" for (important) community related tasks/jobs/projects.
This helps alot in community development. Like sub-section only (non global) moderators, on BCT or other web boards.
Or global communities/organisations naming local contact persons for cities/countries or domestic ambassadors.

Naming offically named responsible people (that are non core members) keeps the community/project development process organised & structured and keeps the influence of core team.
(And avoid self proclaimed "(sub-)leaders", fakes & scammers get ahold in XMRs community.)

It's really a good, cost- & risk-free strategy. If some "official responsible person" - for whatever XMR job/task/subproject he was assigned to - turns out the be incompetent or inactive, he can just be changed/replaced by a better candidate.

Ehh...... sure, you could go at it this way, but somewhere up in the thread, something else came up and the response from an established Monerian was "just do it". In my opinion, you don't need to wait for "project leadership" approval. This is our coin. Self reliance. Self initiative. I didn't wait for approval to write my first Monero Digest, I just did it, with the stated fact that if the community thought it wasn't good, that I would take it down. And I got feedback (that it wasn't digestable Smiley ), and I changed it. This is an open community, and every piece of evidence towards this point, regardless of its potential lack of aesthetic value (orginal monero.cc site, i'm lookin at you), is positive.

And I may be feeling manic because I'm drinking coffee, but there are three pillars of Monero. These three pillars are the core. The core can only rise as high as the scaffolding permits. Be the scaffold.

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:25:37 PM

Fantastic work guys. Looking forward to the updates and hopefully more activity. Have you considered ideas how to encourage people to like the pages? That is one of the things that gets tracked by say coingecko.

We haven't put much thought in this yet, but will certainly put this up for discussion in the next couple of days. If other community members have some good ideas about how to do this, please post them here and we will discuss them.

Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:34:49 PM

Apparently the GUI is no longer a priority as third party GUI's are "Good enough".

Someone want to link me to a video of these third party gui's in action. I've never seen one and the one I tried was so buggy I gave up. Albeit that was 6 months ago.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:34:56 PM

Ehh...... sure, you could go at it this way, but somewhere up in the thread, something else came up and the response from an established Monerian was "just do it". In my opinion, you don't need to wait for "project leadership" approval. This is our coin. Self reliance. Self initiative. I didn't wait for approval to write my first Monero Digest, I just did it, with the stated fact that if the community thought it wasn't good, that I would take it down. And I got feedback (that it wasn't digestable Smiley ), and I changed it. This is an open community, and every piece of evidence towards this point, regardless of its potential lack of aesthetic value (orginal monero.cc site, i'm lookin at you), is positive.

And I may be feeling manic because I'm drinking coffee, but there are three pillars of Monero. These three pillars are the core. The core can only rise as high as the scaffolding permits. Be the scaffold.

Since these are official accounts, it is a bit different from the Monero Digest you are making.

@dewdeded, we already had some deliberation and the core team was fine with Quanttek passing it over to the new team and us handling it. I personally don't have to be officialy named, but I like your arguments in favour of it. So I will discuss this and see what fits best.

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:37:09 PM

Apparently the GUI is no longer a priority as third party GUI's are "Good enough".

Someone want to link me to a video of these third party gui's in action. I've never seen one and the one I tried was so buggy I gave up. Albeit that was 6 months ago.

I think this is a big misunderstanding. Since it is an official GUI, the devs just don't want to release some half-baked thing with a lot of bugs. On top of that, the official GUI wallet will not be some simplistic thing which can only send and receive, but more like an account that has a wide variety of other options as well.

Pages: « 1 ... 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: