Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:14:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 ... 2122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4666803 times)
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 03:39:27 PM

Since these are official accounts, it is a bit different from the Monero Digest you are making.

indeed, point taken.

re: facebook

well one idea, which could be viewed as unscrupulous, is free monero for likes! direct people to get mymonero accounts and post the addresses on the page after they "like". Essentially is a form of faucet. Though this would be best if coincided with cryptokingdom - somewhere for peeps to play with their monero.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 4824

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:39:34 PM

Bytecoin at Facebook: two community pages now

Facebook recently changed their Pages Terms. That is the reason why nowadays there are two different pages about Bytecoin BCN there. But don't worry! New Bytecoin page is supported by BCN community as well as the oldest one. So we would post news, important information and funny pics on both pages.

You are welcomed to join, like and share at Bytecoin Community and Bytecoiner Community pages.
I just saw this in another thread. So, I asked myself, does Monero has an Facebook community?
Can't check myself, I don't own an FB account.
Obvious Monero would need and maybe benefit from an (good managed) FB community.

Sorry if Monero already has FB. I can't read and process all altcoin & XMR news and developments anymore. (Working an 10 hours non crypto office job, fuck my life.)

This is the official Monero Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/monerocurrency

It currently isn't actively managed, because Quanttek had not enough much time on his hands to do this. To make sure the FB is actively managed again we (davidlatapie, dnaleor, greekbitcoin, wpalczysnki, quanttek and me) have set up a team and we will make sure there will be regular posts on the page again. Posts will include the missives, digest, old and new articles which spoke nicely about Monero and some bitcointalk posts which we think are very informing.

FagBook is really a waste of time until xmr can just be a retards point and click tool. Actually getting people from there will probably do more harm then good.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:40:42 PM

I am planning to make presentations on XMR to various alternative investment conferences over the course of the coming months.  I have seen quite a few helpful infographics, suitable for expository presentation to such audiences, but they have been scattered re-postings of material sourced elsewhere, for the most part.  Has anyone collected media assets for investor education?  If you think it is a suitable time for the investor pool to expand, it may behoove you to send me your best stuff.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 03:42:46 PM

I am planning to make presentations on XMR to various alternative investment conferences over the course of the coming months.  I have seen quite a few helpful infographics, suitable for expository presentation to such audiences, but they have been scattered re-postings of material sourced elsewhere, for the most part.  Has anyone collected media assets for investor education?  If you think it is a suitable time for the investor pool to expand, it may behoove you to send me your best stuff.

this is david L's / fluffypony's coinfest estonia presentation.

https://forum.getmonero.org/14/events/188/coinfest-estonia-2015

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:44:13 PM

I think smooth is reasoning in vain with darkfans in other threads. These people are a different breed, described here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=979562.0

We should direct our energy on making Monero useful to average people, i cannot stress much. On getting the DB and an official GUI( I know, but it is a weak point for us) out soon. I personally assure, ill make Monero be seen and heard everywhere( Not spam) once we have these out.

Actions speak louder than words. When Monero starts getting noob friendly, Dark will fade out itself

Apparently the GUI is no longer a priority as third party GUI's are "Good enough".

Someone want to link me to a video of these third party gui's in action. I've never seen one and the one I tried was so buggy I gave up. Albeit that was 6 months ago.

I think this is a big misunderstanding. Since it is an official GUI, the devs just don't want to release some half-baked thing with a lot of bugs. On top of that, the official GUI wallet will not be some simplistic thing which can only send and receive, but more like an account that has a wide variety of other options as well.

Nope, It has been lowered in priority, I think it was smooth that said so.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:07:50 PM

Since these are official accounts, it is a bit different from the Monero Digest you are making.

indeed, point taken.

well one idea, which could be viewed as unscrupulous, is free monero for likes! direct people to get mymonero accounts and post the addresses on the page after they "like". Essentially is a form of faucet. Though this would be best if coincided with cryptokingdom - somewhere for peeps to play with their monero.

I like this idea and will certainly discuss it.

PS: We try to get our twitter more active as well and we will try to post articles, mentionings of Monero etc. on a regular pace.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:19:07 PM

indeed, point taken.

PS: We try to get our twitter more active as well and we will try to post articles, mentionings of Monero etc. on a regular pace.

Not for nothing but releasing and marketing something to the general public that is not ready for prime time WILL poison the brand. Even when it gets ready those that tried it and failed with it will never try again. You will sour a huge market if you market to to the uninformed/nontechnical masses.

If on the other hand your just looking for a price surge that will cause a quick selloff then have at it.

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:22:59 PM

indeed, point taken.

Not for nothing but releasing and marketing something to the general public that is not ready for prime time WILL poison the brand. Even when it gets ready those that tried it and failed with it will never try again. You will sour a huge market if you market to to the uninformed/nontechnical masses.

If on the other hand your just looking for a price surge that will cause a quick selloff then have at it.

I certainly agree with you and forgot to add in my previous comment that we will only start with this (reddit giveaways were already discussed) after the GUI+DB has been released. But discussing about it won't do any harm.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:27:09 PM

So we apparently have a bottleneck
GTO911

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:53:34 PM

I think we should do regular irc meetings and make strategies. Anybody interested in a meeting soon?
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:06:23 PM

Start a marketing conceptual design and discussion thread on https://forum.getmonero.org/ or let David Latapie as core member do it.
And then let's move (conceptual) marketing discussions there.

In general I encourage to start topics & discussions, participate and read more on the official forums. We need to get them really active. This will be a big asset.
At our own forums we can have private discussions, user titles and colors, no moderations restrictions, can ban trolls & co, special user groups, no restrictions on attachements, ...
We later could integrate a XMR tipping plugin in the forum software, have a board shoutbox that integrates with/is an IRC channel, have foreign language sub forums (esp. spanish, german, french, chinese, ...) ...

Once again, we need to get the official forum active. This is important. Help to move discussions & users there.

I register my account there now.
GTO911

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:37:25 PM

Would be awesome if devs can install smf on monerotalk.org just like here. I dont like the current backend.
If they are short on time, i offer to do it for them  Smiley
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 05:49:46 PM

Apparently the GUI is no longer a priority as third party GUI's are "Good enough".

Someone want to link me to a video of these third party gui's in action. I've never seen one and the one I tried was so buggy I gave up. Albeit that was 6 months ago.

I think this is a big misunderstanding. Since it is an official GUI, the devs just don't want to release some half-baked thing with a lot of bugs. On top of that, the official GUI wallet will not be some simplistic thing which can only send and receive, but more like an account that has a wide variety of other options as well.

Nope, It has been lowered in priority, I think it was smooth that said so.

You are 100% correct - after the block 202 612 attack we completely shifted our priorities. It's not good enough for us to "fail fast and fail often" like some hipster startup, because we're playing with other people's money. We have to get the fundamentals incredibly tight first, otherwise we'll end up burning so much effort constantly updating the GUI to work with the underlying moving target.

The third-party GUIs are great, because it means we can make those underlying changes as we need to, and let the third-party GUI developers deal with compatibility. A good starting point to seeing the options for using Monero is on the "Choose a Monero Client" page: https://getmonero.org/getting-started/choose

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 06:04:58 PM

Would be awesome if devs can install smf on monerotalk.org just like here. I dont like the current backend.
If they are short on time, i offer to do it for them  Smiley

We don't own monerotalk.org, the forum is at forum.getmonero.org

Nonetheless, we've specifically rejected SMF (and similar) for the forum for a number of reasons. Beyond the scalability and ongoing security issues, there's also the difficulty in customising both the functionality to meet our requirements and the look-and-feel to match our site. But most importantly, it doesn't really play into our requirement to create tooling that works for us both now, and into the future when we start introducing the functionality detailed towards the end of the research portion of our Design and Development Goals.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 06:24:36 PM

Once again, we need to get the official forum active. This is important. Help to move discussions & users there.

I register my account there now.

The "Official" forum won't become active until there's a good reason.  You can't nag/force people to migrate and we CLI users like it here (and IRC).

Maybe when the GUI brings more users the community will become large enough to cleave into a new space.  But not util then.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:30:32 PM

The big added value of an own forum is a good reason. (From my point of view.)
I never want to nag or force people to anything. I just write, what I think (is best). What I write, should always be unstood as friendly suggestion or requests for discussions/considerations.
newb4now

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:31:43 AM

I think that Monero has very good chance to become the clear winner for the anonymous transaction market for several reasons:

1. All of our coin join based competitors have some degree of centralization and a susceptible to attack and/or data analysis to link the transactions

2. Of all the cryptonote based coins, Monero has by far the best distribution. Monero also has the largest, most transparent and active development team

3. Zero Coin/Zero Cash does not yet exist. By the time it does (assuming no major flaws) our first mover advantage may be too great, assuming our recent progress continues (LMDB, GUI, web wallets, economy, etc)

Having said all of the above, there is one thing that bothers me a lot (the number of required mixins). Unfortunately many Monero transactions (including transactions sent by Poloniex) use 0 mixins, which has serious consequences for the anonymity of those AND related transactions.

http://boolberry.com/files/Boolberry_Solves_CryptoNote_Issues.pdf

I am glad that the Monero dev team is working on this (per recent missives) and will implement a minimum number of mixins in the future
G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:50:22 AM

Pretty sure poloniex is working on getting their mixin to 3.

They almost had it working, but reverted for now, im not sure why, but there were a few angryish posts about having to pay higher fees .. maybe that's why they went back?

I'm sure they'll get it working, they're pretty on top of things.

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
newb4now

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:58:12 AM

They almost had it working, but reverted for now, im not sure why, but there were a few angryish posts about having to pay higher fees .. maybe that's why they went back?

I saw the post about fees. They were not too much imho and worth it if that is the cost for them to change.

I agree that Poloniex is great for Monero. My comment was not directed at them. I am just happy the dev team is working on making a higher mixin mandatory for the entire network.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1197

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:08:18 AM

The issue with poloniex is somewhat structural. They get a huge number of small deposits from miners who mine directly to the exchange with frequent small payouts. When they try to use these outputs to pay withdrawals the transactions become huge and thus the fees large.

To fix this they may need to institute a minimum deposit or per-deposit fee (can be waived for deposits above some threshold) or some other way to crack down on miners (especially pools) doing this. Otherwise the cost of people making a lot of very small deposits gets shifted to the exchange itself and/or those making withdrawals.

Pages: « 1 ... 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 ... 2122 »
  Print  

Jump to: