Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:56:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 [1739] 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667061 times)
JuanHungLo

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001

I don't always drink...

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:02:38 AM

Kinda puts a whole new spin on the term 'trustless.'   Cheesy
Regardless, I hold this coin for the coin, not for any personality.

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. - John Templeton

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:46:02 AM

I've had my coins for a long time, and gave it a few hours of thought tonight...I'm out.  It would take a full rebranding, deletion of fluffy, coin name change and a lot of time for me to even consider supporting or using XMR.  Maybe I'll be back then, but we were already behind the times with the GUI wallet, branding, site, etc.  Bytecoin is better than this now in my mind, and in retrospect the distribution of Monero was bullshit.  If you think about it, it was announced on this site and yea at the time that seems like a large announcement...in the reality of things and the world it is not.  You can't say that then turn around and say Bytecoin has poor distribution when its been 10 satoshi and steadily minable for literally years.  Time has changed the circumstances in many ways.  Many others would prefer DASH to Monero, I'm sure.  I know I'm very keen on ZEC and upcoming ETH(ZEC) as the more professional anonymous solution.

Bytecoin is better?

Do your homework. Bytecoin was proven to be a fraud and scam with their faked time stamps and faked blockchain from "2012". "Steadily mineable"? Once again do your research those "years" of mining was faked/spoofed into fooling people like yourself into thinking that bytecoin had a legitimate launch and distribution.

ZEC is more professional? Like how they release a BS hit piece on monero hours before the April hard fork? Then claim innocence of not knowing there was a hard fork despite it being public knowledge for weeks.
Not to mention that they have a 20% dev tax and are now officially backed by one of the shadiest banking actors in modern history?

Even scammers can be professional.

I wouldn't say that is a quality I look for at the top of my list to legitimize a coin/person/business/etc.

Everyone in this space needs to take some damn responsibility of their own financial decisions including success and failures.

Relying on someone's post to make you profit is very irresponsible.

Had you made profit and the market gone up instead I suspect you would not be as disgruntled as you are now.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:57:56 AM

I've had my coins for a long time, and gave it a few hours of thought tonight...I'm out.  It would take a full rebranding, deletion of fluffy, coin name change and a lot of time for me to even consider supporting or using XMR.  Maybe I'll be back then, but we were already behind the times with the GUI wallet, branding, site, etc.  Bytecoin is better than this now in my mind, and in retrospect the distribution of Monero was bullshit.  If you think about it, it was announced on this site and yea at the time that seems like a large announcement...in the reality of things and the world it is not.  You can't say that then turn around and say Bytecoin has poor distribution when its been 10 satoshi and steadily minable for literally years.  Time has changed the circumstances in many ways.  Many others would prefer DASH to Monero, I'm sure.  I know I'm very keen on ZEC and upcoming ETH(ZEC) as the more professional anonymous solution.

Bytecoin is better?

Do your homework. Bytecoin was proven to be a fraud and scam with their faked time stamps and faked blockchain from "2012". "Steadily mineable"? Once again do your research those "years" of mining was faked/spoofed into fooling people like yourself into thinking that bytecoin had a legitimate launch and distribution.

ZEC is more professional? Like how they release a BS hit piece on monero hours before the April hard fork? Then claim innocence of not knowing there was a hard fork despite it being public knowledge for weeks.
Not to mention that they have a 20% dev tax and are now officially backed by one of the shadiest banking actors in modern history?

I wouldn't say that is a quality I look for at the top of my list to legitimize a coin/person/business/etc.

Everyone in this space needs to take some damn responsibility of their own financial decisions including success and failures.

Had you made profit and the market gone up instead I suspect you would not be as disgruntled as you are now.

Check out what is used on darknet markets, then you get an idea of useful coins  Wink

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
tok_jingga

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 01:12:21 PM

I've had my coins for a long time, and gave it a few hours of thought tonight...I'm out.  It would take a full rebranding, deletion of fluffy, coin name change and a lot of time for me to even consider supporting or using XMR.  Maybe I'll be back then, but we were already behind the times with the GUI wallet, branding, site, etc.  Bytecoin is better than this now in my mind, and in retrospect the distribution of Monero was bullshit.  If you think about it, it was announced on this site and yea at the time that seems like a large announcement...in the reality of things and the world it is not.  You can't say that then turn around and say Bytecoin has poor distribution when its been 10 satoshi and steadily minable for literally years.  Time has changed the circumstances in many ways.  Many others would prefer DASH to Monero, I'm sure.  I know I'm very keen on ZEC and upcoming ETH(ZEC) as the more professional anonymous solution.

Bytecoin is better?

Check out what is used on darknet markets, then you get an idea of useful coins  Wink

monero why?
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:13:03 PM

I've had my coins for a long time, and gave it a few hours of thought tonight...I'm out.  It would take a full rebranding, deletion of fluffy, coin name change and a lot of time for me to even consider supporting or using XMR.  Maybe I'll be back then, but we were already behind the times with the GUI wallet, branding, site, etc.  Bytecoin is better than this now in my mind, and in retrospect the distribution of Monero was bullshit.  If you think about it, it was announced on this site and yea at the time that seems like a large announcement...in the reality of things and the world it is not.  You can't say that then turn around and say Bytecoin has poor distribution when its been 10 satoshi and steadily minable for literally years.  Time has changed the circumstances in many ways.  Many others would prefer DASH to Monero, I'm sure.  I know I'm very keen on ZEC and upcoming ETH(ZEC) as the more professional anonymous solution.

Bytecoin is better?

monero
bitcoin why?

FTFY
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:25:20 PM

lol fuck xmr

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4864

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:34:40 PM

...Had you made profit and the market gone up instead I suspect you would not be as disgruntled as you are now.

I sold at $20 and only have 1.5 XMR total Crypto so this effected me in no way whatsoever and I think it was a serious disservice just from the fact that this community and coin was a bastion of stability and trustworthiness. XMR was becoming a STABLE store of value and isn't that what we all want? This just fucked that all up. I'm of the opinion FP needed to distance himself for whatever reasons but to damage the coins image in doing it was self centered even if he didn't profit. And this coin and community has treated him like Gold even when he didn't deserve it.

but yeah the bytecoin shills trying to jump on this is a friggin joke.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 05:37:09 PM

Whew, what a hard day at work. Let me grab my adult coffee, sit in my adult chair, and go on the internet where all mature adults hang out.
*click* *click* *click*
Sweet mother of trolls, the person whose nick name is FluffyPony is apparently trolling the internet. OMG OMG OMG I'm so done with this XMR. I totally bought it for my personal use, and now I just can't use it anymore... My fragile heart is going to be damaged FOREVER!!! This is outrageous, MOM GET THAT MONERO POSTER OFF OUR LIVING ROOM I CAN'T LOOK AT IT ANYMORE!!!@#!!! I am an adult and I will not tolerate this. Let me post something about that...

This is basically people here today, that are buying cryptos to make fast money on pumps, and decided to gather here for daily dose of salt. "Well you know I bought it @ATH, and then announcement came and now my life savings are gone, it's all his fault". Well thank god you will not come here ever again kids, cuz I bought the technology and who gives a flying rats a** what someone does to entertain himself. What did you, lazy a** morons, do in you lifetime besides complaining. I bet you made some money on other cryptos and started to rub your titties saying how good you are in trading, now lost half of it and decided to go full PHD in complaining. Geniuses all around. Unbelievable. Just don't tell me you don't like trolling others. If I would be in Fluffys spot, I would laugh my a** so hard right now, with that proud-of-myself look on my face. I would even make T-Shirts saying "Don't buy me".

This is too good, I had to make an account for this.

Epic post!  The butthurt and salt everywhere prove how badly this needed to happen.

Hitler Reacts to Fluffypony's Monero Announcement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2WfedZG7bo

So many entitled little Hitlers dead by their own hands in their basement führerbunkers today.   Grin

Monero needs and will miss the Whiny Ragequit people as much as Bitcoin needed and misses Mike Hearn and Gavin (IE, Not. At. All.).

Burning out the diseased morass of deadwood and detritus make the Monero forest flourish, just as Bitcoin has done under Core's unyielding, principled leadership.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 05:50:53 PM

Whew, what a hard day at work. Let me grab my adult coffee, sit in my adult chair, and go on the internet where all mature adults hang out.
*click* *click* *click*
Sweet mother of trolls, the person whose nick name is FluffyPony is apparently trolling the internet. OMG OMG OMG I'm so done with this XMR. I totally bought it for my personal use, and now I just can't use it anymore... My fragile heart is going to be damaged FOREVER!!! This is outrageous, MOM GET THAT MONERO POSTER OFF OUR LIVING ROOM I CAN'T LOOK AT IT ANYMORE!!!@#!!! I am an adult and I will not tolerate this. Let me post something about that...

This is basically people here today, that are buying cryptos to make fast money on pumps, and decided to gather here for daily dose of salt. "Well you know I bought it @ATH, and then announcement came and now my life savings are gone, it's all his fault". Well thank god you will not come here ever again kids, cuz I bought the technology and who gives a flying rats a** what someone does to entertain himself. What did you, lazy a** morons, do in you lifetime besides complaining. I bet you made some money on other cryptos and started to rub your titties saying how good you are in trading, now lost half of it and decided to go full PHD in complaining. Geniuses all around. Unbelievable. Just don't tell me you don't like trolling others. If I would be in Fluffys spot, I would laugh my a** so hard right now, with that proud-of-myself look on my face. I would even make T-Shirts saying "Don't buy me".

This is too good, I had to make an account for this.

Epic post!  The butthurt and salt everywhere prove how badly this needed to happen.

So many entitled little Hitlers dead by their own hands in their basement führerbunkers today.   Grin

Monero needs and will miss the Whiny Ragequit people as much as Bitcoin needed and misses Mike Hearn and Gavin (IE, Not. At. All.).

Burning out the diseased morass of deadwood and detritus make the Monero forest flourish, just as Bitcoin has done under Core's unyielding, principled leadership.

Are you such a troll that you don't comprehend the damage this causes to the brand?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
bobabouey2

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:09:58 PM

That was one of the better Hitler reacts videos.

I thought a mobile wallet was being released.  Or at least a stable GUI.  But we get another Barolo meme instead.  He took a selfie with a bottle of Barolo!
Fire Rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:00:41 PM

Wallet will not sync. It freezes at a certain point.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
babybonobo

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:21:48 PM

Here's another funny meme since the Hitler one was so good:  

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:36:47 PM

You should try again. Make sure to have most recent version. https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/62e1mc/mandatory_upgrade_monero_01031_wolfram/   Scroll to bottom fro GUI
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 08:56:33 PM

Are you such a troll that you don't comprehend the damage this causes to the brand?

A forest fire may kill some bunnies, squirrels, and possibly Bambi but is required for the health of the ecosystem.

Fluffy actions amount to a planned controlled burn.  That's good, proactive forest management and responsible stewardship.

There is no damage to the brand, only increased awareness and respect; are you such a shitcoin pump gambling addict that you don't comprehend that?

Fluffy's practical joke damaged the over-hyped brands with value based on trust in Professional® Enterprise® Leaders®, making Monero shine in comparison.

It was a wise decision based on what's best in the long term, not done for the sake of gratifying those with high time preferences.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:59:52 PM

A forest fire may kill some bunnies, squirrels, and possibly Bambi but is required for the health of the ecosystem.

Fluffy actions amount to a planned controlled burn.  That's good, proactive forest management and responsible stewardship.

There is no damage to the brand, only increased awareness and respect; are you such a shitcoin pump gambling addict that you don't comprehend that?

Fluffy's practical joke damaged the over-hyped brands with value based on trust in Professional® Enterprise® Leaders®, making Monero shine in comparison.

It was a wise decision based on what's best in the long term, not done for the sake of gratifying those with high time preferences.

WTF are you talking about? XMR is the only coin I buy and I've been in and out of it for 3 years. Stability was becoming the norm and that is needed for adoption. I hate the P&D's too but he just trashed the respect the devs have built.

Hell I just went long @ 182 with what little I have.

HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:17:01 PM

Fluffy actions amount to a planned controlled burn.  That's good, proactive forest management and responsible stewardship.

I disagree with you on this one. Such frivolity communicates a complete lack of professionalism and absolute disrespect for everyone concerned, fluffy himself included.

Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:37:02 PM

I disagree with you on this one. Such frivolity communicates a complete lack of professionalism and absolute disrespect for everyone concerned, fluffy himself included.

I liked the video a lot an it fits perfectly into to the trollish outlaw brand identity of XMR, so I have to agree with Icey for once!
Go Fluffy!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 10:33:14 PM

To clarify, it is stuck on a certain block right? Could you post which block?

Also, which wallet are you using and on what operating system?

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
jdlr

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 10:41:07 PM

how to get an invite for the Monero slack ?
Nixzor

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 11:02:41 PM

That video was a good laugh! And on a more serious side of things, I really think that people who invested in monero for long term aren't affected by this kind of tweets.

Pages: « 1 ... 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 [1739] 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: