Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:11:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 [2094] 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667433 times)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 11:18:05 PM

I am having no luck finding the original address it was sent to. All I am doing is creating new wallet folders on my desktop at this point.

You didn't use MyMonero with this address in the past did you?

I am not even sure what MyMonero is. I downloaded this for the Mac version: https://www.getmonero.org/downloads/

I then did the "bootstrap" mode when I initially set it up. Thanks!

Semper Fi

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
USMCGRUNT

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 11:22:05 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

I am having no luck finding the original address it was sent to. All I am doing is creating new wallet folders on my desktop at this point.

You didn't use MyMonero with this address in the past did you?

I am not even sure what MyMonero is. I downloaded this for the Mac version: https://www.getmonero.org/downloads/

I then did the "bootstrap" mode when I initially set it up. Thanks!

Semper Fi

Thank you and Semper Fi to you my friend.
elrippos friend

Activity: 1179
Merit: 210

only hodl what you understand and love!

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 06:08:40 AM

I can't recover my original wallet. I set up my original wallet through the Monero GUI app where I sent my Monero. I copied all of the mnemonic seed (25 words with the 25th word being a repeat, the restore height name, etc.

I am working with someone of Reddit for the last week and have tried just about everything. The only thing I am managing to do is keep creating new wallets.

When I restore from seed it will not allow me to add the 25 words. If I put all 25 in and go through the process, it tells me "electrum-style word list failed." I then go back and take out the 25th repeated word and it will go through. But all it does is create a new wallet on my desktop with a $0 balance.

I have also tried going back on the restore height and also back date to the day before all with no luck. I still have the original transaction information from when it was completed through Binance. I just can't find the Monero anywhere.

I figured while getting help on Reddit, I would try here also. Thanks!

P.s. I do not ever remember the Monero balance showing in the wallet when I created it. I think the GUI closed and I opened it back up but there was zero balance. Binance accepted the Monero address and said it was completed.

Ok, that does not make sense in two ways.

1. Can you post or check by yourself the transaction on, if it is confirmed --> https://xmrchain.net/
2. Can you verify the address where you sent your Moneroj to from your binance account
3. Have you tried by entering the seed word by word by yourself, hence copy&paste can also produce unwanted sings and/or strings which then malform the seed which by it's nature will not be accepted
4. Restoring from a block height a week before your initial transaction will not hurt you that much
5. Please make sure you are using the latest version of Monero from the official download page with version 0.17.1.9 --> https://www.getmonero.org/downloads/

Greetings

Thank you very much for the reply. On the Binance website it does indeed say it is confirmed.

1. Here is the hash: 8f321a621ee035d08f6fdaf8cf0626f74460a9eef5a58dafdfb855a79975f186

2. I have the address that Binance sent it to, but I cannot recreate that address in any wallet that I have. I am not sure what I did when I set up the original GUI. I do have one original "keys" file that I try to restore from backup, but it keeps telling me my password is incorrect. Also, it will not allow me to end the 25 word seed when trying to restore from seed (one word repeated). I have to delete one word, but it is still not the correct address that opens. It creates a new wallet.

3. I hand typed each word for word 8000 times already...(sarcasm), but I am probably close to that.

4. My block height was 2249000. I took it back to 2101234, and then also tried by date 24 hours before

5. I just downloaded the app on January 7th, and then did the new update.

1. Here is the hash: 8f321a621ee035d08f6fdaf8cf0626f74460a9eef5a58dafdfb855a79975f186 --> OK, you have 3646 confiramtions that´s good

2. I have the address that Binance sent it to, but I cannot recreate that address in any wallet that I have. I am not sure what I did when I set up the original GUI. I do have one original "keys" file that I try to restore from backup, but it keeps telling me my password is incorrect. --> Ok, if you have a *.keys file that is better and faster than the 25 word seed file, but without the correct password to the *.keys file that is nearly useless
 Also, it will not allow me to end the 25 word seed when trying to restore from seed (one word repeated). I have to delete one word, but it is still not the correct address that opens. It creates a new wallet. --> Ok, it opens a new wallet, so that is an indication that your wallet seed is not the correct one from the originating wallet. From a seed it always recreates the correct wallet, just tried that with a mobile wallet on my desktop

3. I hand typed each word for word 8000 times already...(sarcasm), but I am probably close to that. --> Ok

4. My block height was 2249000. I took it back to 2101234, and then also tried by date 24 hours before  --> Ok

5. I just downloaded the app on January 7th, and then did the new update. --> Ok

In my opinion you are mixing your seed from another wallet, could be even from another currency with the one you want to restore. Best chance you have is to restore your wallet from the *.keys file with the correct password to the *.keys file

USMCGRUNT

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 04:36:47 PM

I can't recover my original wallet. I set up my original wallet through the Monero GUI app where I sent my Monero. I copied all of the mnemonic seed (25 words with the 25th word being a repeat, the restore height name, etc.

I am working with someone of Reddit for the last week and have tried just about everything. The only thing I am managing to do is keep creating new wallets.

When I restore from seed it will not allow me to add the 25 words. If I put all 25 in and go through the process, it tells me "electrum-style word list failed." I then go back and take out the 25th repeated word and it will go through. But all it does is create a new wallet on my desktop with a $0 balance.

I have also tried going back on the restore height and also back date to the day before all with no luck. I still have the original transaction information from when it was completed through Binance. I just can't find the Monero anywhere.

P.s. I do not ever remember the Monero balance showing in the wallet when I created it. I think the GUI closed and I opened it back up but there was zero balance. Binance accepted the Monero address and said it was completed.

1. Can you post or check by yourself the transaction on, if it is confirmed --> https://xmrchain.net/
2. Can you verify the address where you sent your Moneroj to from your binance account
3. Have you tried by entering the seed word by word by yourself, hence copy&paste can also produce unwanted sings and/or strings which then malform the seed which by it's nature will not be accepted
4. Restoring from a block height a week before your initial transaction will not hurt you that much
5. Please make sure you are using the latest version of Monero from the official download page with version 0.17.1.9 --> https://www.getmonero.org/downloads/

Greetings

Thank you very much for the reply. On the Binance website it does indeed say it is confirmed.

1. Here is the hash: 8f321a621ee035d08f6fdaf8cf0626f74460a9eef5a58dafdfb855a79975f186

2. I have the address that Binance sent it to, but I cannot recreate that address in any wallet that I have. I am not sure what I did when I set up the original GUI. I do have one original "keys" file that I try to restore from backup, but it keeps telling me my password is incorrect. Also, it will not allow me to end the 25 word seed when trying to restore from seed (one word repeated). I have to delete one word, but it is still not the correct address that opens. It creates a new wallet.

3. I hand typed each word for word 8000 times already...(sarcasm), but I am probably close to that.

4. My block height was 2249000. I took it back to 2101234, and then also tried by date 24 hours before

1. Here is the hash: 8f321a621ee035d08f6fdaf8cf0626f74460a9eef5a58dafdfb855a79975f186 --> OK, you have 3646 confiramtions that´s good

2. I have the address that Binance sent it to, but I cannot recreate that address in any wallet that I have. I am not sure what I did when I set up the original GUI. I do have one original "keys" file that I try to restore from backup, but it keeps telling me my password is incorrect. --> Ok, if you have a *.keys file that is better and faster than the 25 word seed file, but without the correct password to the *.keys file that is nearly useless
 Also, it will not allow me to end the 25 word seed when trying to restore from seed (one word repeated). I have to delete one word, but it is still not the correct address that opens. It creates a new wallet. --> Ok, it opens a new wallet, so that is an indication that your wallet seed is not the correct one from the originating wallet. From a seed it always recreates the correct wallet, just tried that with a mobile wallet on my desktop

3. I hand typed each word for word 8000 times already...(sarcasm), but I am probably close to that. --> Ok

4. My block height was 2249000. I took it back to 2101234, and then also tried by date 24 hours before  --> Ok

5. I just downloaded the app on January 7th, and then did the new update. --> Ok

In my opinion you are mixing your seed from another wallet, could be even from another currency with the one you want to restore. Best chance you have is to restore your wallet from the *.keys file with the correct password to the *.keys file

I figured the .keys was probably the best route, but it keeps telling me incorrect password. What a mess-up on my part...I copied the seed word for word, the restore height, and password the second I created the file. Who knows, maybe I missed a letter/number/character when copying the password. What a learning lesson. I am going to guess it is just lost at this point if there is no way for Binance reverse the transaction. That was a semi-expensive learning lesson. Could have been much worse.

Thank you for the help!
Chicken_76

Activity: 56
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 06:43:32 PM

I figured the .keys was probably the best route, but it keeps telling me incorrect password. What a mess-up on my part...I copied the seed word for word, the restore height, and password the second I created the file. Who knows, maybe I missed a letter/number/character when copying the password. What a learning lesson. I am going to guess it is just lost at this point if there is no way for Binance reverse the transaction. That was a semi-expensive learning lesson. Could have been much worse.

Thank you for the help!

Did you by any chance get the idea while writing down the seed to swap a couple of words around, and forgot about it?
USMCGRUNT

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 10:59:35 PM

Thank you for the help!

Did you by any chance get the idea while writing down the seed to swap a couple of words around, and forgot about it?

No, the 25 words are definitely correct. It is weird that it is not allowing me to restore from the seed with 25 words, but when I delete the last word it will open up a wallet. I get the error code when I put the 25 word mnemonic seed. And the 25th word is a repeat.
elrippos friend

View Profile
January 14, 2021, 06:30:23 AM

Greetings

Thank you for the help!

What you can do, is to bruteforce your *.keys file. In my opinion that´s the only way if you do not have the correct password for it  Roll Eyes

USMCGRUNT

View Profile
January 14, 2021, 11:49:55 PM

Greetings

Thank you for the help!

What you can do, is to bruteforce your *.keys file. In my opinion that´s the only way if you do not have the correct password for it  Roll Eyes

Bruteforce the password sounds like something way too advanced for me. Is there no other way to do it since I have the 25 words? I just can't get it to take the 25 words. It will open with 24 words though.

elrippos friend

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 06:05:22 AM

Greetings

Thank you for the help!

Bruteforce the password sounds like something way too advanced for me. Is there no other way to do it since I have the 25 words? I just can't get it to take the 25 words. It will open with 24 words though.

If it does not open the wallet you need and were your funds are, it seems to be useless/wrong  Roll Eyes

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 01:33:32 PM

If it does not open the wallet you need and were your funds are, it seems to be useless/wrong  Roll Eyes

Just curious, can you even have 2 of the same words in a row in a seed? Huh

I'd brute-force it, depending on how many XMR were in it. Google is your best friend. Wink

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
elrippos friend

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 03:47:23 PM

I'd brute-force it, depending on how many XMR were in it. Google is your best friend. Wink

Hmmm...
Just found out that the monero cli-wallet has the command
Code:
bruteforce-wallet-keys

Can anybody explain how that works?

USMCGRUNT

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 04:28:00 PM

Hmmm...
Just found out that the monero cli-wallet has the command
Code:
bruteforce-wallet-keys

Can anybody explain how that works?

I would like to know as well. Asking for a friend... Cheesy
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 04:40:56 PM

I can't find it in the documentation, so it must be relatively new. I don't have time to search code today tho. Tongue

Edit - Sorry I totally missed the link above lol... Tongue

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
USMCGRUNT

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 04:59:56 PM

Sorry for the confusion. It is 25 words with (1) word that is repeated. It is the 7th word and 25th word that are the same.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 06:41:37 PM

Sorry for the confusion. It is 25 words with (1) word that is repeated. It is the 7th word and 25th word that are the same.

IIRC the last word is a checksum which will allow you to tell if you have entered the words in the correct order.

You may want to look into that.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 06:49:06 PM

If it does not open the wallet you need and were your funds are, it seems to be useless/wrong  Roll Eyes

You may find you get a better response over at reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/

Some of the guys don't come here as often as they used to.

GL sir.
USMCGRUNT

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 12:42:56 AM

GL sir.

Thank you. I am in a sidebar message with a Mod from Reddit also. He has also been more than accommodating in trying to help me for a week now.

Does this link allow me to verify somehow? https://xmr.llcoins.net/addresstests.html

I realize the 25th word is the checksum and there is no way I wrote them down out of order. I literally did it while it was still on the screen word by word.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 02:00:29 AM

GL sir.

Thank you. I am in a sidebar message with a Mod from Reddit also. He has also been more than accommodating in trying to help me for a week now.

Does this link allow me to verify somehow? https://xmr.llcoins.net/addresstests.html

I realize the 25th word is the checksum and there is no way I wrote them down out of order. I literally did it while it was still on the screen word by word.

Out of curiosity, did you then delete the wallet, and reload from that seed before risking coins to it?  Call me paranoid, but IMO that should be SOP.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 10:12:43 AM
Merited by Cryptotourist (3)

I had about an hour fight with my PC to run Monero this week.

The software blocks have got a lot more aggressive and less overridey.

Also excluding files didn't seem to work as well as it used to, virus software feels itself too clever to allow me to run what I want on my own PC.

I think I deleted the BC cos of space but its annoying I cant read the ledger coins unless I reinstall it all.
USMCGRUNT

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 04:37:45 PM

GL sir.

Out of curiosity, did you then delete the wallet, and reload from that seed before risking coins to it?  Call me paranoid, but IMO that should be SOP.

I do not believe so. I created the wallet, copied the seed, restore height, etc down word for word. I sent the Monero to the address listed. Binance confirmed the transaction. When I tried to get back into the wallet it told me incorrect password. I tried a restore from the .keys file, password, seed with no luck. All I had luck doing was making more pointless wallets with nothing in them.

I even looked inside Ledger Live thinking I may have had that opened and copied an address from there somehow. That also was not the case. I honestly have no clue what happened. I know I copied these password correctly and even if I didn't, I 100% know the seed is right. I can't even get the GUI to take the 25 words. Only 24 words.
Pages: « 1 ... 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 [2094] 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: