Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:07:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 355 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin - Business on the Blockchain - LAUNCHED!  (Read 490181 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (109 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:36:03 PM

>>>>>>>>>>>>INSANELY FAST MOVING THREAD>>>>>>>>>>>>

GOOD SIGN

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 08:36:34 PM

Got to say how refreshing it is to see devs delivering on promises, easily contactable, problem solving, and so level headed in the face of so much unsubstantiated fud!
There may be hope for the altcoin world after all. Well done!

Smiley THANK YOU Smiley

We are working very hard to do things right moving forward and learning from earlier mistakes. Syscoin is very unique and even though there were some issues- this is a huge codebase to launch, and we're incredibly excited to see its potential realized as people realize its stable and can be built upon.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 08:38:10 PM

This is crypto, only invest into a coin if you are prepared to loose them ALL......

/\/\/\ This

I learned this last year with WDC. Lost damn near all of it between price drop and scambeck.
You can't let it mess your mind up. I sure didn't quit crypto, just tried to learn.
Along with big potential to succeed comes big potential for fail.

On Syscoin I did what I do with most new coin launches . MIne in a pool and buy in exchanges to build a nice little bag.
I never , ever install a dev's first wallet. It usually takes two versions or even more to get it right.
Was going to install the one released yesterday but stopped when
I saw my pool down earlier I'll wait a few more days.

Heck the other day Redd coin's wallet was doing the same thing after a mandatory upgrade no less.
It took putting in the conf file "salvagewallet=1" (with out quotes of course). to get  the error fixed below.
I didn't even know that command was available to repair the db file.

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error
 CDB() : can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974

Took awhile but finally repaired it and synched up. You would have thought the Redd Coin dev had it together but hey man...something went haywire.
All the things syscoin does (which makes it attractive to begin with) I surprised it works as well as it has.

As said, relax man......enjoy the ride.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 08:44:03 PM

The DEVs don't have any BTC.  Moolah hasn't released any to them.

THIS IS TRUE.

MOOLAH SENT US 250BTC DIRECTLY AFTER LAUNCH.

WE RETURNED 250BTC (-15BTC used for early buy support) DIRECTLY TO MOOLAH AS SOON AS ISSUES APPEARED AFTER LAUNCH. BLOCKCHAIN PROOF: https://blockchain.info/tx/53b1c79d56a641ae2694d8858eb722339b8f492d12f5bb15e7de1b510e921300

... guess that makes us the worst scammers ever  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Working hard to earn it back and then use it to take Syscoin to the next level. Operating right now completely out of pocket and had no plans to be in this situation (launched with zero funding) so doing our best. Lots of devs have seen the code and are contributing time for free- we want to reward them, and onboard more.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:47:46 PM

Dano, I have been watching this since the beginning.  I didn't invest, but I did mine.  I think better communication would have really helped with the FUD.  It got to the point where you couldn't tell the if a question was posted because of it.  I say screw the buy walls.  If people want to buy let them.  If the coin is everything you say it is the price will rise.  Great job!!

FlipTheScrypt

Activity: 34
Merit: 10

In Crypto We Trust

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:49:16 PM

THIS IS TRUE.

WE RETURNED 250BTC (-15BTC used for early buy support) DIRECTLY TO MOOLAH AS SOON AS ISSUES APPEARED AFTER LAUNCH. BLOCKCHAIN PROOF: https://blockchain.info/tx/53b1c79d56a641ae2694d8858eb722339b8f492d12f5bb15e7de1b510e921300

Working hard to earn it back and then use it to take Syscoin to the next level. Operating right now completely out of pocket and had no plans to be in this situation (launched with zero funding) so doing our best. Lots of devs have seen the code and are contributing time for free- we want to reward them, and onboard more.

I am with Syscoin till the wheels come off!
Bigcabrito

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Communications Lead

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:50:23 PM

Are you for real.. We are doing nothing else.
Nothing we can do about price.. We are busy fixing issues...

Whaaa? Create a fund for price stabilization program and done. It doesn't take time, and it doesn't take innovation.

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:51:48 PM

Whaaa? Create a fund for price stabilization program and done. It doesn't take time, and it doesn't take innovation.

NO, it takes BTC, and the DEVs don't have any!!!

Bigcabrito

Communications Lead

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:54:33 PM

NO, it takes BTC, and the DEVs don't have any!!!

lolz true. Here are my 2 satoshis, there's barely any buy support so you can expect very low prices until they get funding, but by that time they wont be able to place a buy wall since the price will be lower than ICO. Oh well, I'll see how low it can go and place some buy orders around.

Lisk.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:54:58 PM

Dev that is all well and good but wasn't the 250btc given to you on the pretext of setting up buy support, which you didn't do then had to send the money back?

I beleive this was confirmed by moolah rep.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

TheMilkman

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:56:11 PM

THIS IS TRUE.

I won't bring this topic again since you replied to it so I guess that it was brought to your attention and writing it again might bring unneccessary FUD - but really, place some of that BTC while you get it on the buy wall. Otherwise most of presale people will be against the coin (I know they shouldn't because it is always a risk). No buy walls will result in ever more drops (200 satoshi is unrealistic but 300 surely is). What do you think will happen when there is 500 BTC buy wall placed on 518? Maybe it will get half filled and the coin will continue to grow. Currently it will get surpressed for a long time by people buying at 450 and selling at 550.

I won't bring this again. I just think that 250 BTC is not too much to give coin a boost and regain trust and get rid of scepticism. Of course there are many people who don't underestimate the power of this coin and won't bother to sell even at 300 satoshi levels but we need to think about masses. Good luck!
vicvelcro

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:58:15 PM

Freeloading, eh?

Do you create a fund from your profits and return it to all the devs of coins you dabble in? Why should these devs subsidize you?

I still don't quite grasp the demand for entitlement that you and people similar to you are exhibiting.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 09:04:13 PM

Dev that is all well and good but wasn't the 250btc given to you on the pretext of setting up buy support, which you didn't do then had to send the money back?

I beleive this was confirmed by moolah rep.

No. There were issues with the launch that is why we returned it. It has absolutely nothing to do with us setting up buy walls or not. It was merely a portion of the total owed us upon delivery, the rest was scheduled to be delivered after the network was running properly for a certain amount of time and then we ran into issues the next morning. That is when we returned the BTC to Moolah. Nothing to do with buy support.

It is my understanding is that Moolah used BTC from the fund AS buy support but I will let them clarify this point. If this is the case then when the team fixes the last remaining issue with the daemon (merged mining, sendmany cmd), they will be receiving some portion of BTC and some portion of SYS that was purchased using the BTC owed to the team. We have until 18:00 GMT 8/20 to deliver these fixes.

If the team is getting additional SYS we plan on holding it, we're all about holding Wink

deadliftbrah

Activity: 272

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:09:22 PM

I think the FUD comes from the Millennial generation, not all, but some have a chip on their shoulder from having missed out on the on the lottery type returns that BTC/LTC granted. 2014 didn't generate the same kind of returns (DRK being the exception) and those who entered having missed the "boat" have been frustrated and angry and typical of the generation very opinionated and expressive on how they feel about this.

It's partly fueled by the constant stream of narcissism and materialism that we see via instagram/facebook/reality tv seems everyone wants to party like Dan Bilzerian but they don't want to work for it.

In short if a coin doesn't make these individuals independently wealthy overnight, they feel they've been robbed and will quickly let you know how shit your coin is.

That's just my 2 sys, what do I know...
Xircom
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:10:24 PM

Good Work Dev.
Keep up the spirit and hard work, there is still many who support s the coin :-)
Were mining from the start, but now buying when still cheap :-)

Thumbs up From Denmark

BTC: 1MyJmxS9ER5ZBNvpG3LhoUXGotpzbPowed
Bigcabrito

Communications Lead

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:11:20 PM

Freeloading, eh?

Do you create a fund from your profits and return it to all the devs of coins you dabble in? Why should these devs subsidize you?

I still don't quite grasp the demand for entitlement that you and people similar to you are exhibiting.

You have something mixed up, my priorities and ways of making profits are very different from a coin developer or may I call it a "Company". I am a digital currency trader (along with many others), my profits do not concern anyone else besides myself. But, this "Company" sold itself to investors and offered an IPO, which in turn entitled investors. They have thousands of investors to look out for, I don't owe anything to anyone.

Lisk.
vicvelcro

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:13:24 PM

And their job is to develop a coin, not to subsidize you. That's what you have a mommy and a daddy for.

Freeloading, eh?

You have something mixed up, my priorities and ways of making profits are very different from a coin developer or may I call it a "Company". I am a digital currency trader (along with many others), my profits do not concern anyone else besides myself. But, this "Company" sold itself to investors and offered an IPO, which in turn entitled investors. They have thousands of investors to look out for, I don't owe anything to anyone.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 09:14:20 PM

I think the FUD comes from the Millennial generation, not all, but some have a chip on their shoulder from having missed out on the on the lottery type returns that BTC/LTC granted. 2014 didn't generate the same kind of returns (DRK being the exception) and those who entered having missed the "boat" have been frustrated and angry and typical of the generation very opinionated and expressive on how they feel about this.

It's partly fueled by the constant stream of narcissism and materialism that we see via instagram/facebook/reality tv seems everyone wants to party like Dan Bilzerian but they don't want to work for it.

In short if a coin doesn't make these individuals independently wealthy overnight, they feel they've been robbed and will quickly let you know how shit your coin is.

That's just my 2 sys, what do I know...

+1, although I feel myself turning into a grumpy old man a little early in my life as I agree with you about 'kids these days'.
Bigcabrito

Communications Lead

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:18:27 PM

And their job is to develop a coin, not to subsidize you. That's what you have a mommy and a daddy for.

Mommy and Daddy, really. Grin They didn't need 1000+ BTC to develop, you can do that without funding. Many developers build a coin without any funding. It's not their job to just "develop a coin", they went deeper due to requesting money from investors. Thanks for your input though, have a great day.

Lisk.
vicvelcro

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:24:22 PM

And the quality and  longevity of those other coins you refer to? How many were scams? How many were glitched or failed to launch?

Do you spend months on a project working with a team and do you and all the members of your team work for free? I don't work for free. I do my work very well. My hobbies are what I do for free because I enjoy them and the quality is directly proportional to my interest.

So, how about you and your pals all get together for a quarter of a year and make us a coin, then pay us if we aren't savvy enough to make our own profit trading the free coin you guys are gonna be giving us right around Thanksgiving time. And throw in a turkey to feed my visiting relatives. Hey, pay for their gas to drive out and visit me, too.

Mommy and Daddy, really. Grin They didn't need 1000+ BTC to develop, you can do that without funding. Many coins develop a coin without any fund. It's not their job to just "develop a coin", they went deeper due to requesting money from investors. Thanks for your input though, have a great day.

Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 355 »
  Print  

Jump to: