Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:20:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 355 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin - Business on the Blockchain - LAUNCHED!  (Read 490184 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (109 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 09:25:04 PM

Good Work Dev.
Keep up the spirit and hard work, there is still many who support s the coin :-)
Were mining from the start, but now buying when still cheap :-)

Thumbs up From Denmark

Thanks! And a big Hello to Denmark! Love crypto, such a global community  Cheesy. You don't get this kinda of community in many other contexts.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:26:39 PM

Got to say how refreshing it is to see devs delivering on promises, easily contactable, problem solving, and so level headed in the face of so much unsubstantiated fud!
There may be hope for the altcoin world after all. Well done!

Smiley THANK YOU Smiley

We are working very hard to do things right moving forward and learning from earlier mistakes. Syscoin is very unique and even though there were some issues- this is a huge codebase to launch, and we're incredibly excited to see its potential realized as people realize its stable and can be built upon.

Hey!!! I wanted to give the devs prop too Tongue lol

But yes, I couldn't agree more. I don't know much about this coin, but I'd suspect that you guys' level of professionalism transferred over to the operational side of the house.

Bigcabrito

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Communications Lead

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:28:49 PM

And the quality and  longevity of those other coins you refer to? How many were scams? How many were glitched or failed to launch?

Do you spend months on a project working with a team and do you and all the members of your team work for free? I don't work for free. I do my work very well. My hobbies are what I do for free because I enjoy them and the quality is directly proportional to my interest.

So, how about you and your pals all get together for a quarter of a year and make us a coin, then pay us if we aren't savvy enough to make our own profit trading the free coin you guys are gonna be giving us right around Thanksgiving time. And throw in a turkey to feed my visiting relatives. Hey, pay for their gas to drive out and visit me, too.

Great talk, thanks for the inspiring words. Have a good day.

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 09:33:21 PM

And their job is to develop a coin, not to subsidize you. That's what you have a mommy and a daddy for.

Mommy and Daddy, really. Grin They didn't need 1000+ BTC to develop, you can do that without funding. Many developers build a coin without any funding. It's not their job to just "develop a coin", they went deeper due to requesting money from investors. Thanks for your input though, have a great day.

And many developers take a 1% premine, wait 2 days, dump it all and then clone another coin and repeat. Don't forget audacious roadmaps that never materialize (anon! marketplaces! magic! pixie dust!). You're right, that doesn't take any effort. That is not Syscoin.

See also: the last 2months of scams in crypto.

Your Twitter bio says you're partners, yet you don't know if they spent your BTC or not? I think Moola indeed has to clarify something here

We are not myopically focused on the rewards here (but we do need them to keep goin) and we have faith in the product we're producing.

Moolah is our partner and we trust them. We did agree that a decent portion of the 250btc could be applied as buy support at their discretion given the launch issues.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:37:00 PM

Oh cool, SYS for sale under the early ipo price, and without tying up money for weeks.  Neat.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:45:06 PM

Oh cool, SYS for sale under the early ipo price, and without tying up money for weeks.  Neat.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
good for you, but there are many people upset about this,..just fyi

Yes, and their emotion is causing them to sell into my bids.  Their loss, my gain.  Feel free to keep doing it.
Bigcabrito

Communications Lead

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:45:36 PM

And many developers take a 1% premine, wait 2 days, dump it all and then clone another coin and repeat. Don't forget audacious roadmaps that never materialize (anon! marketplaces! magic! pixie dust!). You're right, that doesn't take any effort. That is not Syscoin.

You just explained one scenario that kept repeating these past few months. But, go backwards to the beginnings (e.g. Bitcoin/Litecoin/Peercoin). You dont even have to look that far back, check out Darkcoin and you will see there was no premine, no IPO. They did not "need" it, they did not want all those investors. That was my whole point since I started this conversation, by doing the IPO you have commited yourself to the investors and in a sense the "Syscoin Team" does owe them. Anyways I was just defending myself against vicvelcro who spat out incoherent replies, in which I immediately understood he was under distress and stopped the conversation.

Lisk.
lvyuan95

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:56:01 PM

You just explained one scenario that kept repeating these past few months. But, go backwards to the beginnings (e.g. Bitcoin/Litecoin/Peecoin). You dont even have to look that far back, check out Darkcoin and you will see there was no premine, no IPO. They did not "need" it, they did not want all those investors. That was my whole point since I started this conversation, by doing the IPO you have commited yourself to the investors and in a sense the "Syscoin Team" does owe them. Anyways I was just defending myself against vicvelcro who spat out incoherent replies, in which I immediately understood he was under distress and stopped the conversation.

Let me get your point more straight forward:

There are only two type of IPO investors, type one people who support this project, and type two people who want to make money out of it. And you, at least need to make your IPO investors happy, both type of investors. But look at everything now, are your type one investors happy? I'm afraid not. How about type two? lol you tell me?

So here's the solution, to make type one people happy, you are working hard right now, that's good to see, and please keep it up. To make type two people happy, you need to set up buy wall on 516 sat ASAP, more investors going in will always benefit your project.
goblynn

Activity: 292

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:57:11 PM

You just explained one scenario that kept repeating these past few months. But, go backwards to the beginnings (e.g. Bitcoin/Litecoin/Peercoin). You dont even have to look that far back, check out Darkcoin and you will see there was no premine, no IPO. They did not "need" it, they did not want all those investors. That was my whole point since I started this conversation, by doing the IPO you have commited yourself to the investors and in a sense the "Syscoin Team" does owe them. Anyways I was just defending myself against vicvelcro who spat out incoherent replies, in which I immediately understood he was under distress and stopped the conversation.

forgetting the darkcoin instamine so soon??

Radium.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread | Slack
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:57:14 PM

I thought everybody knew about the huge Darkcoin instamine
kelvng105

Activity: 267

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:57:17 PM

Seriously? DRK has about 50% premine sorry .instamine

Bag Holding: BTC, VIA, XCH, SLG, VDO, SYS
BTC: 1MJSbm9r6tKUx3XGNeWyjue8AgCoYFhf6Z 
VIA: VrYnZm1Fk2dk3aSwByoro4kaV5gCcmPwva
VDO: VJzPMoyQ4NEXebn73t1ZGVPCCEtUGJjS8r
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:57:35 PM

forgetting the darkcoin instamine so soon??

Lol. Jinx.
nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326

King of all the land

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:06:28 PM

You just explained one scenario that kept repeating these past few months. But, go backwards to the beginnings (e.g. Bitcoin/Litecoin/Peecoin). You dont even have to look that far back, check out Darkcoin and you will see there was no premine, no IPO. They did not "need" it, they did not want all those investors. That was my whole point since I started this conversation, by doing the IPO you have commited yourself to the investors and in a sense the "Syscoin Team" does owe them. Anyways I was just defending myself against vicvelcro who spat out incoherent replies, in which I immediately understood he was under distress and stopped the conversation.

There are only two type of IPO investors, type one people who support this project, and type two people who want to make money out of it. And you, at least need to make your IPO investors happy, both type of investors. But look at everything now, are your type one investors happy? I'm afraid not. How about type two? lol you tell me?

So here's the solution, to make type one people happy, you are working hard right now, that's good to see, and please keep it up. To make type two people happy, you need to set up buy wall on 516 sat ASAP, more investors going in will always benefit your project.

These are actually all really good points. Either way, I still think it's imperative that the 465 buy wall remains firm. If that falls it will be nothing but panic, FUD, angry investors, and all around terrible atmosphere for the coin. A good technique may be to just build a huge wall at 465, so people don't see the wall that's currently there getting smaller and smaller and causing a tidal wave to wipe it out. A large wall signals confidence, and potential dumpers will think twice about dumping into it.
tom14cat14

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:07:07 PM

Wow people really do expect coin developers to make them money but not make any themselves. An demand the developers do xyz really. How about make your own coin if you dont like this one. Go buy the next scam coin and then complain to bittrex that you lost and it was their fault for not checking the code for you. I think I will make the perfect group of coins for "investors" like these. First pump and dump coin followed by Suckercoin. I will vary between instamine or hidden premine. And you know what people will eat it up hoping they get out in time.

How about we give the SYS dev some time before we all panic and yell how he is screwing us. He is not hitting the sell.
smalltimer

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:11:54 PM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
good for you, but there are many people upset about this,..just fyi

Yes, and their emotion is causing them to sell into my bids.  Their loss, my gain.  Feel free to keep doing it.

maybe not the emotions but the mere fact that the coin is not worth a 1500btc marketcap in its current state?
vicvelcro

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:14:22 PM

False perception on your part. If you own stock in a company, you should be able to expect that they will generate an income for which you receive a share. Some things break or need maintenance or don't always work on the first try. Nuclear reactors owned by power companies are a good example of all three things I mentioned. Now, as a holder of shares and thus in effect being part owner of said company, you also share the losses if there are any. There are many examples of this that you are welcome to go look for all on your own.

In the case of SYS, you prebought coins or you are exchanging coins with others. You don't exactly own part of SYS or MOOLAH, I believe. I could be wrong about that part, maybe.

So, you invest independently by negotiating a deal with a third party. Kinda like buying a used car. The manufacturer of that car has no obligation to you and probably not the seller either.

You just explained one scenario that kept repeating these past few months. But, go backwards to the beginnings (e.g. Bitcoin/Litecoin/Peercoin). You dont even have to look that far back, check out Darkcoin and you will see there was no premine, no IPO. They did not "need" it, they did not want all those investors. That was my whole point since I started this conversation, by doing the IPO you have commited yourself to the investors and in a sense the "Syscoin Team" does owe them.

I was very coherent. I called you a freeloader. Where was I not clear? I'm disgusted by how many people think that every stranger owes them something simply because they can pout really really well. That's the extent of my distress - gastronomical inversion caused by nauseating behavior from a whiner.

Anyways I was just defending myself against vicvelcro who spat out incoherent replies, in which I immediately understood he was under distress and stopped the conversation.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
lvyuan95

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:17:50 PM

These are actually all really good points. Either way, I still think it's imperative that the 465 buy wall remains firm. If that falls it will be nothing but panic, FUD, angry investors, and all around terrible atmosphere for the coin. A good technique may be to just build a huge wall at 465, so people don't see the wall that's currently there getting smaller and smaller and causing a tidal wave to wipe it out. A large wall signals confidence, and potential dumpers will think twice about dumping into it.
tazmania

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:20:32 PM

As refunds seem more and more unlikely people try to get out what they can. A work in progress coin that could take off in the future.

BITCOINDENMARK

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:27:01 PM

Good Work Dev.
Keep up the spirit and hard work, there is still many who support s the coin :-)
Were mining from the start, but now buying when still cheap :-)

Thumbs up From Denmark

Thanks! And a big Hello to Denmark! Love crypto, such a global community  Cheesy. You don't get this kinda of community in many other contexts.

More hallo´s from Denmark  Grin
Bigcabrito

Communications Lead

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:29:10 PM

False perception on your part. If you own stock in a company, you should be able to expect that they will generate an income for which you receive a share. Some things break or need maintenance or don't always work on the first try. Nuclear reactors owned by power companies are a good example of all three things I mentioned. Now, as a holder of shares and thus in effect being part owner of said company, you also share the losses if there are any. There are many examples of this that you are welcome to go look for all on your own.

In the case of SYS, you prebought coins or you are exchanging coins with others. You don't exactly own part of SYS or MOOLAH, I believe. I could be wrong about that part, maybe.

So, you invest independently by negotiating a deal with a third party. Kinda like buying a used car. The manufacturer of that car has no obligation to you and probably not the seller either.

You just explained one scenario that kept repeating these past few months. But, go backwards to the beginnings (e.g. Bitcoin/Litecoin/Peercoin). You dont even have to look that far back, check out Darkcoin and you will see there was no premine, no IPO. They did not "need" it, they did not want all those investors. That was my whole point since I started this conversation, by doing the IPO you have commited yourself to the investors and in a sense the "Syscoin Team" does owe them.

I was very coherent. I called you a freeloader. Where was I not clear? I'm disgusted by how many people think that every stranger owes them something simply because they can pout really really well. That's the extent of my distress - gastronomical inversion caused by nauseating behavior from a whiner.

Anyways I was just defending myself against vicvelcro who spat out incoherent replies, in which I immediately understood he was under distress and stopped the conversation.

It's great to read your opinion. You have excellent points, if only you'd be able to express them in a non-attacking manner. Like I said earlier, have a good day.  Smiley

Lisk.
Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 355 »
  Print  

Jump to: