Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:28:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181161 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:35:49 AM

I'm not on the stakeholder list after name change?

What do you mean?

longrun

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:39:15 AM

So many coins. How to know what is good buy.
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:43:52 AM

Please do your due diligence. Study and do some research. Dont just get in because its cheap. Get to know what the coin is about, features etc. Believe before you invest.

coinsolidation

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 04:27:44 AM

Believe before you invest.

Exactly, invest your time long before your money.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:49:18 PM

If you are interested in ORA  , go through the OP and details related to the coin and roadmap  before you make up your mind to buy ORA . If you find ORA as good investment , then you are ready to go and you won't regret Smiley
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2397
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:47:59 PM

NXT starting a new bubble. should ORA/NXT stay fix?

Pentamon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 06:19:33 PM

What do you mean - Ora linked to NXT via Asset Exchange?

Pentamon

http://www.oraforum.org  *  Yoda: "One stake to every human give!"
Pentamon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 06:20:11 PM

Final voting week for the Ora logo.

Please go here and vote: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697958.msg8688537#msg8688537

Pentamon

http://www.oraforum.org  *  Yoda: "One stake to every human give!"
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2397
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:40:45 PM

What do you mean - Ora linked to NXT via Asset Exchange?

Pentamon

exactly. how will it affect on the asset price?

Sylon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1169

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:17:16 PM

I would like to know, how can I have my Kora ?
coinsolidation

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 09:46:23 PM

I know this is very early to suggest this, but it came into my mind. Can we form a group of people interested in making a research or analysis on how anyone in the world could convert fiat into any crypto/ora? Not talking about exchanges but other getaways and options. Prepaid cards, atm cards etc. Probably we can study and build a road map on this. This will not only benefit ora but also any other crypto. Not only talking about us or europe but how a person from any part of world can get an access into crypto world. What you guys think?

I'm interested in this. I'm working on Bitmark right now but we're very interested in making it an easy to use currency. So that type of real life purchase case research is of great interest to our project and perhaps we can share things we learn about this type of thing.

I'm in Asia and there are tons and tons of prepaid cards for all kinds of products. Being able to buy a prepaid card that can get you crypto would be amazing and be a huge step for adoption!

Is anyone else in the btt community working on this already? Probably you and me can jumpstart this project?

Can some members of Ora and Bitmark, and the wider community, team up to address this?

From our side consider yourselves to have any resources required - other than funds - we will gladly discuss, specify, and create anything required.

To kick start the effort I would propose the creation of a simple online key sweeper, given any private key (or alias for one) it sweeps the currency associated with the key in to a user supplied address.
Such a thing would serve as a simple framework to allow paper or plastic loaded cards, a receiver simply enters a code online and an address for any wallet, and they have funds within minutes. It can be replicated and made to be pretty later.

Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:44:55 AM

I know this is very early to suggest this, but it came into my mind. Can we form a group of people interested in making a research or analysis on how anyone in the world could convert fiat into any crypto/ora? Not talking about exchanges but other getaways and options. Prepaid cards, atm cards etc. Probably we can study and build a road map on this. This will not only benefit ora but also any other crypto. Not only talking about us or europe but how a person from any part of world can get an access into crypto world. What you guys think?

I'm interested in this. I'm working on Bitmark right now but we're very interested in making it an easy to use currency. So that type of real life purchase case research is of great interest to our project and perhaps we can share things we learn about this type of thing.

I'm in Asia and there are tons and tons of prepaid cards for all kinds of products. Being able to buy a prepaid card that can get you crypto would be amazing and be a huge step for adoption!

Is anyone else in the btt community working on this already? Probably you and me can jumpstart this project?

Can some members of Ora and Bitmark, and the wider community, team up to address this?

From our side consider yourselves to have any resources required - other than funds - we will gladly discuss, specify, and create anything required.

To kick start the effort I would propose the creation of a simple online key sweeper, given any private key (or alias for one) it sweeps the currency associated with the key in to a user supplied address.
Such a thing would serve as a simple framework to allow paper or plastic loaded cards, a receiver simply enters a code online and an address for any wallet, and they have funds within minutes. It can be replicated and made to be pretty later.

Thanks coinsolidation! I think co-operation between coin projects like ORA & Bitmark would be wonderfull, so thank you very much for following up. I'm not a tech guy myself, so probably can't add a whole lot to the tech side of this discussion myself, but as a regular user of crypto currencies I can see that making ALL crypto currencies more user friendly is in everyone's interest.

Like many, I have been following what jl777 has been doing with the SuperNET closely, and while the teleporting ideas to increase anon is very worthwhile and getting a lot of the attention, it's actually the prepaid debit card option that first got me interested in bitcoindark.

Being able to access crypto funds using a prepaid debit card via an ATM or at a POS terminal in a shop will make crypto currencies usable, in the current environment. If Bitmark & ORA could achieve the same result using another system to jl777's anon card, then that would provide some redundancy for the crypto movement in case jl777's system ran into problems, so I think it would be a great area to explore further.

In the end crypto currencies HAVE to be user friendly, and usable in everyday situations now, and that's via plastic cards, and to a lesser extent (but obviously growing rapidly) mobile devices.

edit: direction has to be both ways - (fiat > crypto) & (crypto > fiat) - can we devise one system that does both? jl777's anon card is (crypto>fiat) only, so maybe we can work on going the other direction, (fiat>crypto), but connect it into the same card processor, coinomat.

Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:28:20 AM

I would like to know, how can I have my Kora ?

You've already received the *ORA.
http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=2000&tra=15784572249104092981
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:51:59 AM

Thanks coinsolidation! I think co-operation between coin projects like ORA & Bitmark would be wonderfull, so thank you very much for following up. I'm not a tech guy myself, so probably can't add a whole lot to the tech side of this discussion myself, but as a regular user of crypto currencies I can see that making ALL crypto currencies more user friendly is in everyone's interest.

Like many, I have been following what jl777 has been doing with the SuperNET closely, and while the teleporting ideas to increase anon is very worthwhile and getting a lot of the attention, it's actually the prepaid debit card option that first got me interested in bitcoindark.

Being able to access crypto funds using a prepaid debit card via an ATM or at a POS terminal in a shop will make crypto currencies usable, in the current environment. If Bitmark & ORA could achieve the same result using another system to jl777's anon card, then that would provide some redundancy for the crypto movement in case jl777's system ran into problems, so I think it would be a great area to explore further.

In the end crypto currencies HAVE to be user friendly, and usable in everyday situations now, and that's via plastic cards, and to a lesser extent (but obviously growing rapidly) mobile devices.

edit: direction has to be both ways - (fiat > crypto) & (crypto > fiat) - can we devise one system that does both? jl777's anon card is (crypto>fiat) only, so maybe we can work on going the other direction, (fiat>crypto), but connect it into the same card processor, coinomat.

Coinsolidation, thank you for bringing this up. I got a little tied up with few things. Looks like we need to get this started up. Let me plan something on how to get this done. Gimme few days.

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:52:54 AM

The price of assets or ora coins will go up as nxt rises. Good news eh.

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:57:50 AM

Hello kussaka, gvans, figroll and maximuss,

In case you have missed the voting outcome on the Ora logo, I am asking if you four are willing to submit one design each for the final vote?
Please do so in the thread.

The justifications for this final voting run are written in the thread.

I hope to conclude this process in one week.

If, for some reason, one of you does not respond, I will just take the most successful version of your submissions :

gvans:
44 points:

kussaka:
this 'family' got 41 points:

however this group got 68 points, and was more successful:

figroll:
all your 'spinaker balloon' designs got 55 points lumped together, with 30 points going to this initial submission:

maximuss: total 32 points, with 21 points going to:

You can see all the relevant information in these two places:
http://prezi.com/zk-cuegzir2_/logo-for-ora/
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fqZOFOb-F-_XFXctVaO4NsReSYnu8yeJTxVYqe4gNrQ/edit#gid=1249974197

Thank you again for a very excellent process.

Pentamon

coinsolidation

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 12:15:34 PM

You are right, we need to devise open alternatives as a service to the wider community, and provide models going forward that do not rely on any one person, and also where the fates of projects are not tied - I (and we) share your thoughts on the matter.

An interesting question, can we devise a system that does both?

There is one such system that we plan to use heavily, the notion of micro trust, by trusting businesses and services which people already trust with smaller amounts of funds, we can utilize them as natural gateways - if any fiat accepting service allows withdrawals and deposits of marks, then they become a little gateway. We hope to initially avoid any AML or gov issues by being dressed as reputation, in the same way bitcoin has problems but facebook credits do not - just distributed rather than a single commercial entity.

I feel that speculators and the existing broad community is already heavily focused on crypto > fiat, it is easy to exit but hard to enter. Thus personally feel that the walls we need to break down are in to the systems not out.

Let me propose something backward: why don't we start by working on the worst and slowest ways to do fiat > crypto, then improve from there - rather than going for optimal solutions straight out. We may learn much along the way, and build up a good set of alternatives.

How should we proceed? We need a collaborative space for those interested to specify and discuss.

Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:34:02 PM

So is  this the final logo for ORA after both rounds of voting ?
Hashbender

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:50:17 AM

So is the second round distribution done yet?
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:39:04 AM

So is the second round distribution done yet?

Nope.

Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: