Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:47:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181161 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:06:58 AM

i think 3000 menbers will be a long time

Yeah, it's hard to say. But you're right, we won't get these many unique people overnight. 3000 is a lot.
any plan  if didn;t get 3000 people or when get 3000  how do the devteam next step?

i think do not folk  qora completely  

we should creat a coin base on qora  but do better than qora ,  add more new functions

could be better.   Smiley

To be honest with you I haven't really disccussed with Kora what we'd do if the goal of 3000 non-sockpuppet applications wasn't reached, or would take ridiculous amounts of time.

But the plan has always been to reach a set amount of non-sockpuppets, then close the form. After this we'll manually validate any suspicious or weird entries (for example two entries which are almost identical but are hard for the system to catch). We'll also make sure all entries have been confirmed with an email address and got a valid BTT + NXT ID. This check will be done automatically through a special script. THEN if say 126 entries doesn't make it through all these steps, we'll open the reg form again with a new limit of 126. And we repeat the process with the remaining stakes.

So yeah, this may take some time. But I'm fully prepared to put the effort into this since I believe in Kora. Cool

Some may argue "just allow the sockpuppets it'll go faster" but that's not what Kora is about.

Good answer Mac Red!!

My philosophy is use common sense, and that usually means listening to advice and opinions from others, coming up with a few options to work through hypothetically, and then making a decision in a transparent way that you believe is best to move you closer to the stated goal.

Our goal with Kora is pretty clear. Here is the mission statement from the OP:
Mission statement: Bootstrap Kora, a clone of Qora with a free & fair equal distribution on a mass scale to over 3,000 stakeholders.

If we have trouble reaching the 3000 target we will initially do as Mac Red outlined above. We wont panic, and there's no need to rush. We have options.

- we can do more marketing, especially to other non-english language forums (i.e. on BTT forum)
- we can consider modifying the rules and allow users from other crypto forums (there are obviously sockpuppet risks doing this, many people use multiple crypto forums)
- we could finish the distribution & distribute the unused stakes equally among the existing stakeholders
- we could finish the distribution and keep the unused stakes for later distribution
- we could finish the distribution and use the unused stakes to fund more power bounties

As usual, I am open to opinions.

I actually like the option of keeping any un-allocated stakes in trust, and then later on when Kora is better known we could open up the registration system again. As long as we honour my 'golden rule' and we don't accept financial payment for a stake, we might actually be able to generate some interest from new people. NEM used an auction, and so to has Node (formerly NXT lite). I don't want to take money, but we could raise the bar and ask new applicants to do 'something' for their stake. Maybe promotion!

I'm still hopeful we can reach 3000 unique stakeholders, and I'm patient! From my announcement of Kora to when Mac Red switched on the registration system was a month. That's not too long, and I can definitely feel the benefit from not having rushed things. We can leave the registration system open for as long as we need!

Kora (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:20:21 AM

I told 5 of my friends on skype and fb so far and teaching them all how to fund their numeric i.s on NXT wallet, me the expert lol hhahaa..Thank you also for pmng me that I am included in the distribution and I am also going to make a blog post to explain to peeps how to do their nxt wallets etc.. I pmed back my numeric nxt wallet addy so all is cool.. Great opportunity this. Smiley

Thanks!! That sort of grass-roots promotion really helps Smiley

Kora (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:45:30 AM

Great news! Kora has people "interested" enough to send us up!!

https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/cccora-descendant-of-kora-nem-sibling-of-nexxfree-fair-equal-4-all!/

There's no such thing as bad publicity!

We need some memes Smiley

voluntarist500

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:08:10 AM

i keep getting 'Incorrect code. Please try again.'
Why is that? I tried the captcha now 20 times so that is not the problem.

altcoin with very low inflation, active community, no premine, fair distro and secure network: exactly what you want to invest in? Support Unobtanium
Kora (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:13:17 AM

Hang in there! Mac Red will be able to assist you when he sees your post. Just checking, are you following uppercase & lowercase in the captcha?

voluntarist500

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:33:15 AM

Hang in there! Mac Red will be able to assist you when he sees your post. Just checking, are you following uppercase & lowercase in the captcha?

yes i do. Help would be appreciated.

altcoin with very low inflation, active community, no premine, fair distro and secure network: exactly what you want to invest in? Support Unobtanium
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:21:52 AM

yes i do. Help would be appreciated.

Sent you a PM.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 06:35:40 AM

i think 3000 menbers will be a long time

Yeah, it's hard to say. But you're right, we won't get these many unique people overnight. 3000 is a lot.
any plan  if didn;t get 3000 people or when get 3000  how do the devteam next step?

i think do not folk  qora completely  

we should creat a coin base on qora  but do better than qora ,  add more new functions

could be better.   Smiley

To be honest with you I haven't really disccussed with Kora what we'd do if the goal of 3000 non-sockpuppet applications wasn't reached, or would take ridiculous amounts of time.

But the plan has always been to reach a set amount of non-sockpuppets, then close the form. After this we'll manually validate any suspicious or weird entries (for example two entries which are almost identical but are hard for the system to catch). We'll also make sure all entries have been confirmed with an email address and got a valid BTT + NXT ID. This check will be done automatically through a special script. THEN if say 126 entries doesn't make it through all these steps, we'll open the reg form again with a new limit of 126. And we repeat the process with the remaining stakes.

So yeah, this may take some time. But I'm fully prepared to put the effort into this since I believe in Kora. Cool

Some may argue "just allow the sockpuppets it'll go faster" but that's not what Kora is about.

Good answer Mac Red!!

My philosophy is use common sense, and that usually means listening to advice and opinions from others, coming up with a few options to work through hypothetically, and then making a decision in a transparent way that you believe is best to move you closer to the stated goal.

Our goal with Kora is pretty clear. Here is the mission statement from the OP:
Mission statement: Bootstrap Kora, a clone of Qora with a free & fair equal distribution on a mass scale to over 3,000 stakeholders.

If we have trouble reaching the 3000 target we will initially do as Mac Red outlined above. We wont panic, and there's no need to rush. We have options.

- we can do more marketing, especially to other non-english language forums (i.e. on BTT forum)
- we can consider modifying the rules and allow users from other crypto forums (there are obviously sockpuppet risks doing this, many people use multiple crypto forums)
- we could finish the distribution & distribute the unused stakes equally among the existing stakeholders
- we could finish the distribution and keep the unused stakes for later distribution
- we could finish the distribution and use the unused stakes to fund more power bounties

As usual, I am open to opinions.

I actually like the option of keeping any un-allocated stakes in trust, and then later on when Kora is better known we could open up the registration system again. As long as we honour my 'golden rule' and we don't accept financial payment for a stake, we might actually be able to generate some interest from new people. NEM used an auction, and so to has Node (formerly NXT lite). I don't want to take money, but we could raise the bar and ask new applicants to do 'something' for their stake. Maybe promotion!

I'm still hopeful we can reach 3000 unique stakeholders, and I'm patient! From my announcement of Kora to when Mac Red switched on the registration system was a month. That's not too long, and I can definitely feel the benefit from not having rushed things. We can leave the registration system open for as long as we need!

I think 3000 or more is good. The more stakeholders Kora has the more stable the coin will be when we hit the exchanges.
I couldn't find your Twitter in the op. Setting up Twitter and Fb accounts in this initial stage might be a good idea. Current stakeholders could tweet about Kora to their followers.
Maybe also look into promoting on Reddit and Cryptocointalk.
Also, 50,000,000 coins is better if you gonna have 3000 stakeholders.
This project is looking good  Cool
rix5

Activity: 271

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:29:35 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 07:59:22 AM by rix5

so if i don't want to run nxt i can't get a stake? Is that correct?

Also i have to reveal my identity via ip since vpn could be rejected? Is that also correct?
Why don't you ask for my gov-id and home adress also?

On the other hand this whole process doesn't prevent people with vpn to sign up as many times as they have sockpuppets here. So this is all bogus in my opinion.

You don't have to run a NXT client to get a stake (use mynxt.info web wallet for example), but you need a valid NXT account number to be sent the Kora tokens. Unfortunately there isn't really a way around that. The interim situation while we wait for the Qora source to be released, and while we establish the community, and while we collectively decide how to proceed with 'cloning' Qora, (and possibly forking the code into something 'new'), is to distribute Kora tokens on the NXT AE. As long as you have a valid NXT account, and we can check that in a NXT blockexplorer (which menas you need a positive balance), then you're good to receive Kora tokens. If you want to trade your Kora tokens you can't use mynxt.info yet, as far as I know.

As for the VPN issues, Mac Red has designed the registration system very carefully, and he's implemented a number of sockpuppet counter-measures, not just one. A lot of valid registrations have already been accepted, and a lot of sockpuppets have been caught!! I think the registration system is working extremely well so far, but we definitely are NOT interested in checking your identity papers. IMO the registration system is about striking a reasonable balance - prevent sockpuppets abuse, but don't make it so onerous to register that we turn off legitimate people who value their privacy.

I know our system & rules could be tweaked & changed to better serve different priorities, but so far I think we have achieved a good balance, and we'll still spend time manually checking the registration entries looking for any 'anomalies'.

We can even start a debate over whether we release the provisional stakeholder list for public viewing. I have some concerns over revealing peoples email addresses, but lets have a discussion about that. The more transparent everything is, the better for Kora in the long run

At the end of the day we want the community to have maximum faith in the integrity of the Kora stakeholder list. That's our goal.

you better don't make emails public in connection with usernames - not even disconnected. That would be serious privacy-breach and security-issue. I take a lot of care my email does not become public for both security and privacy reasons. You could screw my security with this. Can i sign up now with vpn? Do i need to fear my email will be made public so i have to crate a new one only for registering here or is it ok to use my normal mail?

If you make everyones mail public the first thing that happens is we get a shit load of phishing and malware in our inbox. Adress can be sold possibly and spammed as well as exposed to brute force attacks. Additionally it can be googled and found wherever it is in other places of the net (privacy). Also in the future everybody who googles my mail will be able to find out my btctalkaccount, nxt-adress aswell as my Kora. See my point? Making mails public should be a no-go.
It is already sort of critical to connect peoples btctalk-accounts with their nxt-adresses publicly. This is the age of information. Be a bit more careful with peoples information please!
I would love to sign up without getting a lot of security breaches and leaks and connections between accounts if possible.

can you please confirm?:
a) i can use VPN to sign up
b) my email will not be made public

would be really nice. Thank you.
fullhouse

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:05:24 AM

registration succeed . when will get stake? 

Mac Red

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:07:29 AM

you better don't make emails public in connection with usernames - not even disconnected. That would be serious privacy-breach and security-issue. I take a lot of care my email does not become public for both security and privacy reasons. You could screw my security with this. Can i sign up now with vpn? Do i need to fear my email will be made public so i have to crate a new one only for registering here or is it ok to use my normal mail?

If you make everyones mail public the first thing that happens is we get a shit load of phishing and malware in our inbox. Adress can be sold possibly and spammed as well as exposed to brute force attacks. Additionally it can be googled and found wherever it is in other places of the net (privacy). See my point? Making mails public should be a no-go.
It is already sort of critical to connect peoples btctalk-accounts with their nxt-adresses publicly. This is the age of information. Be a bit more careful with peoples information please!
I would love to sign up without getting a lot of security breaches and leaks if possible.

Ya, email addresses won't be made public.

Whether or not you can sign up using a VPN, well we have a rule of registering once per IP and household. As long as you do that you should be fine, as stated. This doesn't mean we disallow the usage of VPN services. If the IP you're currently using has already been saved in our system you're not going to be able to submit the form at all. Otherwise, go for it. Obviously you won't see me promoting people to use VPNs. Use your own IP if you can. But if you're worried about privacy then go ahead, use another IP for your application. We're not tracing it so it doesn't matter.
rix5

Activity: 271

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:24:35 AM

If you make everyones mail public the first thing that happens is we get a shit load of phishing and malware in our inbox. Adress can be sold possibly and spammed as well as exposed to brute force attacks. Additionally it can be googled and found wherever it is in other places of the net (privacy). See my point? Making mails public should be a no-go.
I would love to sign up without getting a lot of security breaches and leaks if possible.

Whether or not you can sign up using a VPN, well we have a rule of registering once per IP and household. As long as you do that you should be fine, as stated. This doesn't mean we disallow the usage of VPN services. If the IP you're currently using has already been saved in our system you're not going to be able to submit the form at all. Otherwise, go for it. Obviously you won't see me promoting people to use VPNs. Use your own IP if you can. But if you're worried about privacy then go ahead, use another IP for your application. We're not tracing it so it doesn't matter.

sweet. So i am in Smiley  Great coin!
tencentcoin

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:15:20 AM

let's guess how many people have already apply stake Grin i guess more than 2000

Kora (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:21:29 AM

sweet. So i am in Smiley  Great coin!

Yes, it's all about balance, and I'm not keen on having my contact details made public either, so we're all in agreement on that. There are some advantages to making some stakeholder information public to enhance the integrity of the stakeholder list , but if we did that we wouldn't want any blow back on our community, so as usual, we will take our time and get things right.

On a related matter, I can announce today that I'm in the process of 'getting the right balance' on my own identity for the sake of Kora, and by that I mean I'm arranging with well known trusted forum member anon136 to use him as an 'identity escrow' provider. That means I will make my real world identity known to anon136, and I'm hoping that will give Kora a little more credibility than if I remained anonymous. Using an identity escrow service will allow me to retain my privacy, but it does mean I am locatable in the real world, and I'm hoping that will give people a little more confidence that Kora is legitimate.

I think there have been so many scams in the crypto community on the one hand, but a looming potential threat of government crack down from agencies like the SEC over 'illegal share issues' and the like on the other. The practical thing to do is use an identity escrow service like anon136 that gives me privacy, but still lets people know they can find me if they need to. I don't plan to do anything wrong, but just in case I do the community would be able to find me via anon136.

Come-from-beyond has also offered to pay up to 10K NXT to help us too:
I'll pay 10'000 NXT to an address u provide to fund sockpuppet analysis. I will do it by the end of this month coz now I don't have access to my wallet.
https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/korasibling-of-qorafree-fair-distributionregistration-countdown!!/msg52075/#msg52075

I'm hoping the end result of these measures will be a higher level of credibility and trust around Kora than most other projects. The more faith people have in our registration process, and the stakeholder list, and the people around Kora, the better our chances for success.

TimeHacker

Activity: 521
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:52:19 AM

For the ones who don't have their NXT account funded, there is a NXT faucet which sends 2-4 NXT: http://nxtra.org/faucet/

Mac Red

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:52:51 AM

Ya Kora's a genuine and very reasonable guy, even paid me part of the reg app costs in advance after he knew I was going to deliver.

Great vision + still listens to other ideas and has strong motivation to bring people together. It was amazing to see how many were waiting to sign up. First hours were absolutely crazy. It was a very proud moment for myself too. Been planning and working on the system for some time. And more people are gathering up behind the project as we speak. We got ourselves an excellent start and bright future ahead I'm sure. Cool
sevenyears26

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:57:56 AM

For the ones who don't have their NXT account funded, there is a NXT faucet which sends 2-4 NXT: http://nxtra.org/faucet/

Does your account have to be funded to get signed up?

Nem Beta: TAQJE7-B37VGQ-HX7JBK-LTBAG7-D7BZUJ-YTO4IP-LLEF
tequillaquagga

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:01:54 AM

Does your account have to be funded to get signed up?
It should be in blockchain, so yes al least one transaction needed.

The Camel Marches On
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:09:31 AM

Another giveaway is
http://freenxt.org?ref=326
where a small amount of NXT is given every 20min.
michaelb87

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:10:44 AM

Hi,

I wanted to sign up for KORA so first did it with my BTT account name. Now I know my numeric BTT account ID but I can't sign up anymore. It says 'Your BTT account ID has already been used to apply for a stake'. How is this possible, I never signed up before with my numeric ID.

Thanks for the answer
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: