Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 01:21:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181163 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:07:21 AM

How the lead developer was selected? Any selection process? Just curious to ensure the success of this coin. Nothing else.

Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:15:50 AM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haven't joined yet? Want to talk with your friends/relatives about participating? Now is the time!

How many effective stakeholders we have so far?

Still 1100+. Hopefully the deadline will get us some extra as well. How many of these are sockpuppets we will know later.

You guys will have to give us 1 week minimum from the reg end date to go through all final entries. We'll do this with great care and will not rush. I'll personally be reading through everything sent to us, compare with other entries to find lazy sockpuppets and so forth. I'll dedicate x% of my time each day to this until we have a fully filtered list. This will be a quality release.

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:41:28 AM

hope it could be done ASAP
BlackShibe1

Activity: 260

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:43:31 AM

Haven't joined yet? Want to talk with your friends/relatives about participating? Now is the time!

Still 1100+. Hopefully the deadline will get us some extra as well. How many of these are sockpuppets we will know later.

You guys will have to give us 1 week minimum from the reg end date to go through all final entries. We'll do this with great care and will not rush. I'll personally be reading through everything sent to us, compare with other entries to find lazy sockpuppets and so forth. I'll dedicate x% of my time each day to this until we have a fully filtered list. This will be a quality release.

Why close so fast ?
There is only +1000 register

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
Mac Red

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:46:23 AM

Why close so fast ?

Read my earlier posts ITT for an answer to this question.
Jago

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:47:31 AM

positive attitude for building a good community.
Give me personal support.

I Get Daily Free SIGNs. Come get yours too! Hurry!.  1msAUKLeupsf12S4D7HsD1Fw8qXyaJqWo
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:47:43 AM

Why close so fast ?

Its because new registrations are very less for last few days and it will take much longer time to fill all 3000 slots. And most of users interested in Kora have already registered.
Jago

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:49:13 AM

Why close so fast ?

1000+ is already a huge amount.
Have you even found any other coin with wider distribution? 

I Get Daily Free SIGNs. Come get yours too! Hurry!.  1msAUKLeupsf12S4D7HsD1Fw8qXyaJqWo
g3rszpi

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:16:04 PM

Why close so fast ?

Its because new registrations are very less for last few days and it will take much longer time to fill all 3000 slots. And most of users interested in Kora have already registered.
and also much percent of the new registrations would be sockpuppets i think
davien

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:49:44 PM

Why close so fast ?

agree. i think this registration should be closed by now, but lets wait 2 more days and see what will happen . We had 1 week to register..don't know what will change in 2 more days.

Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:56:16 PM

agree. i think this registration should be closed by now, but lets wait 2 more days and see what will happen . We had 1 week to register..don't know what will change in 2 more days.

yes ,waiting for few days won't hurt Grin
BlackShibe1

Activity: 260

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:56:40 PM

Why close so fast ?

NEM
Some people don't know anything about this coin you don't give them the time and the chance by ending the registration 2 weeks after the ann

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
Mac Red

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:48:05 PM

@ BlackShibe1
Can't respond properly to your criticism unless you've read my other posts where I stated the facts we're currently presented with, and can come up with an alternative way to handle them.
"NEM", "Some people don't know anything about this coin", "You don't give them the time and the chance"...there's not much to argue about here except your feelings. Which of course you're fully entitled to.

Personally I'd love it if 1 million unique users applied.  Cool Doesn't mean it's an alternative to wait for that many people at the moment.
bmergd

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:17:32 PM

I've submitted mine so waiting for my email. Cheesy
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:22:23 PM

Please visit the Kora BTT ID Confirmation Topic to confirm your stake. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=673025.new#new

Simply post one time in this topic from the account you used to apply with. Post something positive, like why you registered for Kora, or what your hopes for the future of Kora are! This is all you have to do in this topic. Our automatic system will then find and validate your BTT ID.

Note: This topic will not be used for discussing Kora. We will not answer any questions there. If you have any question/comment post it 'here' in the main topic:

If you have not yet registered for a stake you can grab one here (it's free): http://www.koracoin.com
Important: Be sure to read the rules in the main topic before registering!

davien

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:26:28 PM

Please visit the Kora BTT ID Confirmation Topic to confirm your stake. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=673025.new#new

Simply post one time in this topic from the account you used to apply with. Post something positive, like why you registered for Kora, or what your hopes for the future of Kora are! This is all you have to do in this topic. Our automatic system will then find and validate your BTT ID.

Note: This topic will not be used for discussing Kora. We will not answer any questions there. If you have any question/comment post it 'here' in the main topic:

If you have not yet registered for a stake you can grab one here (it's free): http://www.koracoin.com

i wrote, hope to be confirmed. thank you Kora !

Mac Red

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:33:01 PM

Ya, this is just to make sure nobody gets a stake using somebody else's BTT ID. So 1 post and you're all set for this part of the process.
davien

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:34:20 PM

Ya, this is just to make sure nobody gets a stake using somebody else's BTT ID. So 1 post and you're all set for this part of the process.
so with this you can do a clear job, nice one!

forber888

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:18:07 PM

I have registered!!

Your registration has been confirmed. Thank you. Wink
bob131313

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:32:28 PM

To confirm you stake, please do the following math problem. Correct entries will be confirmed.

Perfect numbers are positive integers n such that
n=s(n),    
(1)

where s(n) is the restricted divisor function (i.e., the sum of proper divisors of n), or equivalently
sigma(n)=2n,    
(2)

where sigma(n) is the divisor function (i.e., the sum of divisors of n including n itself). For example, the first few perfect numbers are 6, 28, 496, 8128, ... (Sloane's A000396), since
6   =   1+2+3   
(3)
28   =   1+2+4+7+14   
(4)
496   =   1+2+4+8+16+31+62+124+248,   
(5)

etc. The first few perfect numbers P_n are summarized in the following table together with their corresponding indices p (see below).
n   p_n   P_n
1   2   6
2   3   28
3   5   496
4   7   8128
5   13   33550336
6   17   8589869056
7   19   137438691328
8   31   2305843008139952128

Perfect numbers were deemed to have important numerological properties by the ancients, and were extensively studied by the Greeks, including Euclid.

Perfect numbers are also intimately connected with a class of numbers known as Mersenne primes, which are prime numbers of the form M_p=2^p-1. This can be demonstrated by considering a perfect number P of the form P=q·2^(p-1) where q is prime. By definition of a perfect number P,
sigma(P)=2P.    
(6)

Now note that there are special forms for the divisor function sigma(n)
sigma(q)=q+1    
(7)

for n=q a prime, and
sigma(2^alpha)=2^(alpha+1)-1    
(Cool

for n=2^alpha. Combining these with the additional identity
sigma(p_1^(alpha_1)p_2^(alpha_2)...p_r^(alpha_r))=sigma(p_1^(alpha_1))sigma(p_2^(alpha_2))...sigma(p_r^(alpha_r)),    
(9)

where n=p_1^(alpha_1)p_2^(alpha_2)...p_r^(alpha_r) is the prime factorization of n, gives
sigma(P)   =   sigma(q·2^(p-1))   
(10)
   =   sigma(q)sigma(2^(p-1))   
(11)
   =   (q+1)(2^p-1).   
(12)

But sigma(P)=2P, so
(q+1)(2^p-1)=2q·2^(p-1)=q·2^p.    
(13)

Solving for q then gives
q=2^p-1.    
(14)

Therefore, if P is to be a perfect number, q must be of the form q=2^p-1. Defining M_p as a prime number of the form M_P=q=2^p-1, it then follows that
P_p=1/2(M_p+1)M_p=2^(p-1)(2^p-1)    
(15)

is a perfect number, as stated in Proposition IX.36 of Euclid's Elements (Dickson 2005, p. 3; Dunham 1990).

While many of Euclid's successors implicitly assumed that all perfect numbers were of the form (15) (Dickson 2005, pp. 3-33), the precise statement that all even perfect numbers are of this form was first considered in a 1638 letter from Descartes to Mersenne (Dickson 2005, p. 12). Proof or disproof that Euclid's construction gives all possible even perfect numbers was proposed to Fermat in a 1658 letter from Frans van Schooten (Dickson 2005, p. 14). In a posthumous 1849 paper, Euler provided the first proof that Euclid's construction gives all possible even perfect numbers (Dickson 2005, p. 19).

It is not known if any odd perfect numbers exist, although numbers up to 10^(300) have been checked (Brent et al. 1991; Guy 1994, p. 44) without success.

All even perfect numbers P>6 are of the form
P=1+9T_n,    
(16)

where T_n is a triangular number
T_n=1/2n(n+1)    
(17)

such that n=8j+2 (Eaton 1995, 1996). In addition, all even perfect numbers are hexagonal numbers, so it follows that even perfect numbers are always the sum of consecutive positive integers starting at 1, for example,
6   =   sum_(n=1)^(3)n   
(18)
28   =   sum_(n=1)^(7)n   
(19)
496   =   sum_(n=1)^(31)n   
(20)

(Singh 1997), where 3, 7, 31, ... (Sloane's A000668) are simply the Mersenne primes. In addition, every even perfect number P is of the form 2^(p-1)(2^p-1), so they can be generated using the identity
sum_(k=1)^(2^((p-1)/2))(2k-1)^3=2^(p-1)(2^p-1)=P.    
(21)

It is known that all even perfect numbers (except 6) end in 16, 28, 36, 56, 76, or 96 (Lucas 1891) and have digital root 1. In particular, the last digits of the first few perfect numbers are 6, 8, 6, 8, 6, 6, 8, 8, 6, 6, 8, 8, 6, 8, 8, ... (Sloane's A094540), where the region between the 38th and 41st terms has been incompletely searched as of June 2004.

The sum of reciprocals of all the divisors of a perfect number is 2, since
n+...+c+b+a_()_(n)=2n    
(22)
n/a+n/b+...=2n    
(23)
1/a+1/b+...=2.    
(24)

If s(n)>n, n is said to be an abundant number. If s(n)<n, n is said to be a deficient number. And if sigma(n)=kn for a positive integer k>1, n is said to be a multiperfect number of order k.

The only even perfect number of the form x^3+1 is 28 (Makowski 1962).

Ruiz has shown that n is a perfect number iff
sum_(i=1)^(n-2)i|_n/i_|=1+sum_(i=1)^(n-1)i|_(n-1)/i_|.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: