Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:20:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 [1139] 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:23:51 AM

Or new releases of the XC wallet, many here ask for signed prove the got the original version.
There must be some easy usable way to also prove your identity with this tech, great advertising for XC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dungor

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:48:58 AM

I've been thinking...
What could the business case for XPlatform be?

First we have to understand the business case for XChat.
XChat is gonna rival Facebook and Skype but at a potentially more efficient business case. Skype earns money on routing calls to phones. Facebook earns money on harvesting user data and selling it to corporations. This is why Facebook is free to the consumer while still being a billion dollar valued company. The Facebook business case seems to be general to Web 2.0, google, YouTube...
  The business case for XChat can be different, more ethical. Rather than paying with their privacy and identity the consumer will pay by helping route information. So they get to share information with friends but outside Mark Zuckerbergs sociopathic paradigm of forcing people to share more and more of them selves.
XChat and related social functions should be free to use because the value is that the more people using it, the better the XCPlatform will operate. Another ethical plus to this is that if you are a node you hold value regardless of skin color or country. In Facebook's paradigm a white 30 something middle class woman is worth more than an Asian 16 year old male simply because of existing inequality of statistical buying power.
  The mind boggling brilliant part about XCPlatform starting with XChat so early is found in IT architecture. What Dan is creating is next-gen cloud server architecture hosted decentralized by everyone. He "trojan" this feature by attacking the service industry of social media, an industry so popular that it has redefined social interaction and I bet is one of the most important categories of apps running on a normal consumers smartphone.
Now the motives might be more pure than above described, synechist seems ironically to be an idealist but the value of XChat is more than enabling freedom of speech.

IT-architecture layers go competencies->processes+resources->applications->data->platform->devices.

What etherium is creating is an application layer that will pay ether fees to its device platform operators. Other parties will buy ether to run their processes on ether applications.

XCPlatform is servicing the lower layers of the architecture. I could imagine that some language could run ontop of XCPlatform, be it ether or something else.

XC is so next-gen that if successful it will not only disrupt Facebook and liken it will redefine IT architecture. Our parents generation worked with mainframes, this generation works with servers, the next generation will work with XCPlatform or the like. Decentralized architecture harvesting currently redundant computing power and bandwidth.

So what about my XCurrency you might ask, what is the value of those? Like Ether there will be a cost of running your applications on the XCPlatform and you hold the currency. Companies like QiBuck will pay for their hosting to the nodes and they will have to stockpile XCurrency like a resource. This will drive demand up and your bags are supply. Diluting of the current centralization will happen with fees being paid to notes but one could imagine that some companies would push the cost of hosting content onto the consumers with pay-walls.

These are my speculations on the future of XC and they are only deducted ideas. But this is why I have invested in XC. Why did you?

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
KimmyF

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:25:35 AM

I've been thinking...

XChat is gonna rival Facebook and Skype but at a potentially more efficient business case. Skype earns money on routing calls to phones. Facebook earns money on harvesting user data and selling it to corporations. This is why Facebook is free to the consumer while still being a billion dollar valued company. The Facebook business case seems to be general to Web 2.0, google, YouTube...
  The business case for XChat can be different, more ethical. Rather than paying with their privacy and identity the consumer will pay by helping route information. So they get to share information with friends but outside Mark Zuckerbergs sociopathic paradigm of forcing people to share more and more of them selves.
XChat and related social functions should be free to use because the value is that the more people using it, the better the XCPlatform will operate. Another ethical plus to this is that if you are a node you hold value regardless of skin color or country. In Facebook's paradigm a white 30 something middle class woman is worth more than an Asian 16 year old male simply because of existing inequality of statistical buying power.
  The mind boggling brilliant part about XCPlatform starting with XChat so early is found in IT architecture. What Dan is creating is next-gen cloud server architecture hosted decentralized by everyone. He "trojan" this feature by attacking the service industry of social media, an industry so popular that it has redefined social interaction and I bet is one of the most important categories of apps running on a normal consumers smartphone.
Now the motives might be more pure than above described, synechist seems ironically to be an idealist but the value of XChat is more than enabling freedom of speech.

IT-architecture layers go competencies->processes+resources->applications->data->platform->devices.

What etherium is creating is an application layer that will pay ether fees to its device platform operators. Other parties will buy ether to run their processes on ether applications.

XCPlatform is servicing the lower layers of the architecture. I could imagine that some language could run ontop of XCPlatform, be it ether or something else.

XC is so next-gen that if successful it will not only disrupt Facebook and liken it will redefine IT architecture. Our parents generation worked with mainframes, this generation works with servers, the next generation will work with XCPlatform or the like. Decentralized architecture harvesting currently redundant computing power and bandwidth.

So what about my XCurrency you might ask, what is the value of those? Like Ether there will be a cost of running your applications on the XCPlatform and you hold the currency. Companies like QiBuck will pay for their hosting to the nodes and they will have to stockpile XCurrency like a resource. This will drive demand up and your bags are supply. Diluting of the current centralization will happen with fees being paid to notes but one could imagine that some companies would push the cost of hosting content onto the consumers with pay-walls.

These are my speculations on the future of XC and they are only deducted ideas. But this is why I have invested in XC. Why did you?

First off all, I like your posts. Nice to see some well thought out replies. I would like to discuss some more but am afraid my limited knowledge of English will limit that.
But my first question to you would be about what time frame you see this to be an option? 
There are so many alternatives for each building block already established, it's seems hard for just one team to break true. Feel that at some point there must be a need for a group of service providers,  each on there own start attacking the established services, how can one group realize your vision within a resable time frame?

Btw: the reason I invested is because I think that one day there will be a need for that layer between XC and end user products.
Dungor

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:43:54 AM

First off all, I like your posts. Nice to see some well thought out replies. I would like to discuss some more but am afraid my limited knowledge of English will limit that.
But my first question to you would be about what time frame you see this to be an option? 
There are so many alternatives for each building block already established, it's seems hard for just one team to break true. Feel that at some point there must be a need for a group of service providers,  each on there own start attacking the established services, how can one group realize your vision within a resable time frame?

Btw: the reason I invested is because I think that one day there will be a need for that layer between XC and end user products.

There are three factors that I currently view as critical, one is time for invent to marked of these features. Another is ease of use for an consumer, XChat must be visually appealing while easily approachable. The last factor is the ability to gain users trust, XChat must show through an upfront transparent business case that it differentiates itself from competitors by not harvesting their information but rather have them help route data but at no extreme cost to their data plan.
I don't know if Dan's team can work fast enough but they are currently working at an impressive speed and their fundamentals are sound so I still see them ahead of the rest in this niche marked.

And thanks for the kind words. I enjoy writing in this post.

holyprofit

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:54:32 AM

I've been thinking...

For me I think your last comment could be one of the big features. The web is not integrated with payment and even with bitcoin whatever you put on there is
either "free" or has to be behind a paywall even a small one. I have a vague idea that X-nodes could also manage the "value" of the content they distribute which effectively become royalties. i.e. the content is signed with some value so that when accessed the X-nodes transfer the value from the user to the originator (maybe with a warning). This would allow micro-payments, automatic royalties etc. Piracy becomes impossible because the content can't be accessed without the royalty being paid - for example.
mav137

Activity: 163

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:02:42 AM

In regard to trust and adoption, yes the features are impressive to say the least, but we're still running beta at the moment.
We need either more developers, or some really concrete working software that lives up to those promises fast.
The crypto market is one of the fastest growing in the world.

When looking at alternatives like ethereum, it's interesting how modularity can aid in the overall development of the scene.
I've got a IT networking background. Using it as a parallel, the OSI layer model concludes 7 layers of that comprise end to end communication.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model
This layered model helps developing each layer with predefined specs and ensures it's compatible to the other layers.
XC and Ethereum could complement each other if the crypto scene would adopt a similar modular model
Dungor

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:22:01 AM

In regard to trust and adoption, yes the features are impressive to say the least, but we're still running beta at the moment.
We need either more developers, or some really concrete working software that lives up to those promises fast.
The crypto market is one of the fastest growing in the world.

When looking at alternatives like ethereum, it's interesting how modularity can aid in the overall development of the scene.
I've got a IT networking background. Using it as a parallel, the OSI layer model concludes 7 layers of that comprise end to end communication.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model
This layered model helps developing each layer with predefined specs and ensures it's compatible to the other layers.
XC and Ethereum could complement each other if the crypto scene would adopt a similar modular model

Good read on OSI thanks! If this approach was pursued what could the scaling growing pains be? It seems that currently development in the crypto scene scales poorly.

onealfa

Activity: 235

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:29:37 AM

This + XChat might generate XCLeaks for whistleblowers Wink

What is XCLeaks ?  Huh

Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:35:13 AM

This + XChat might generate XCLeaks for whistleblowers Wink

What is XCLeaks ?  Huh

It's a play on words, wikileaks is a whistleblower site.
mav137

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:55:25 AM

Following a model similar to the OSI model would scale perfectly, but the question is who get's to determine the specifications and how can we layer the technology in such a way that everyone's would adopt the model and work only within the scope of one's own layer. (Which would mean splitting and cutting current projects into separate development teams).

In a way the content API that XC is developing voor QI is a layered model, the bottom layer being XC and the top layer being the content. There could be a lot more layers, but it's gonna take a lot of convincing in the crypto scene to have people adhere to the specifications. Unless... XC sets the bar and develops it's own layered model.
This would require the entire framework to be readily available (thought out, programmed and documented) before other dev's would consider contributing to the overall (or just one modular layer) development.

The scene being open source, it could well be that a model like that would be adopted by the entire scene, and that's when things get really interesting, because the layers developed for one coin could be interchangeable with another (if the specifications are followed).

Im sorry for kinda hijacking the thread with this, but it's interesting to see what kind of layers we could build on top of each other.
Right now we have:

- Blockchain layer (based on Satoshi's original work) but expanded with multipath anonimity in the case of XC)
- An anonimity layer could be seperatly defined (may the best method win adoption in all coins)
- Application layers (currency / content, etc)

My programming background is (non existent Smiley) too limited to base this on real code, but functional concepts wise it could work a little like described above
holyprofit

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:11:29 AM

By the way - is this going to be a press release? If we're looking for a step-change in the widespread acceptance of
XC this would be a perfect opportunity. - clearly it leads to a lot of conversations. EDIT: that question for Arlyn I guess.
DutchRIG

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:56:17 AM

Where are the files stored of the CDN? In the Blockchain? If so every wallet needs a full Blockchain with all the files stored in that blockchain? Aren't we talking about a massive storage that every node need?
profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 10:58:24 AM

Where are the files stored of the CDN? In the Blockchain? If so every wallet needs a full Blockchain with all the files stored in that blockchain? Aren't we talking about a massive storage that every node need?

There aren't stored in the blockchain itself, but nodes would need extra storage for this.

Would every node store everything, or if more content was added would each piece of content be stored in a certain number of randomly chosen nodes?
mav137

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:58:44 AM

I can imagine a storage layer (renting out your HDD) is also part of this model. So you get payed for offering the content
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:40:34 AM

Having slept on yesterdays announcement in still in shock at how many possibilities it opens up.. Xc is now so far ahead of the pack and operating in its own space try at its scary.. Total trust in Dans judgement, we just have to let him get on with it..

Re some of the rev queries.. If as per the announcement the team are saying finishing touches I'm thinking up to 2 weeks.... Happy to wait though...

Well done again team.. You are on fire.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:05:17 PM

Ok interesting.
So here's another tech questions:
If nodes are on a mix slow/unreliable internet connections and fast/reliable internet --
1) Will this tech be able to weed out the slow connections and bypass them for a more reliable connection
2) Will this tech somehow compensate for the slow connections?

I think it will take time to get all of this 100% right.

For something this ambitious and revolutionary we should be happy to get a working proof of concept up and running and then slowly improve it over time until it's perfect.
profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 12:07:11 PM

Ok interesting.
If nodes are on a mix slow/unreliable internet connections and fast/reliable internet --
1) Will this tech be able to weed out the slow connections and bypass them for a more reliable connection

For something this ambitious and revolutionary we should be happy to get a working proof of concept up and running and then slowly improve it over time until it's perfect.

First to serve the content gets paid, so people with slow and unreliable connections can try to take part but probably won't make any money.
holyprofit

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:50:45 PM

Having slept on yesterdays announcement in still in shock at how many possibilities it opens up.. Xc is now so far ahead of the pack and operating in its own space try at its scary.. Total trust in Dans judgement, we just have to let him get on with it..

Re some of the rev queries.. If as per the announcement the team are saying finishing touches I'm thinking up to 2 weeks.... Happy to wait though...

Well done again team.. You are on fire.

Yep - me too. The great part is it is pretty much impossible for others to copy without copying the whole framework. Gotta love the
30 day change on bitcoinwisdom

https://bitcoinwisdom.com
KimmyF

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:02:01 PM

Ok interesting.

First to serve the content gets paid, so people with slow and unreliable connections can try to take part but probably won't make any money.
Maybe my home connection is slow for someone in the USA but really fast for an European connection.
If first to serve is used the client probably needs to make several connections, to know which endpoints are available there need to be some discovery, to know if the request was served or not needs some sort of bookkeeping,  (a transaction for every request served is just to many to scale I guess) .... all this is anything but easy to implement.

But if Dan and his team can make it my fantasy go overboard with this tech, for instance who pays?  The issuer or uploader of the data? I guess with the current qibuck add there team pays the Xnodes serving. but what if you reverse that? I started dreaming about paying by Download,  sell some ebooks for instance. Downloader pays, XC goes to uploader who pays the xnode for serving his content.

Can't wait for the documentation so i can limit my fantasy a little
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:10:11 PM

Ok interesting.

Maybe my home connection is slow for someone in the USA but really fast for an European connection.
If first to serve is used the client probably needs to make several connections, to know which endpoints are available there need to be some discovery, to know if the request was served or not needs some sort of bookkeeping,  (a transaction for every request served is just to many to scale I guess) .... all this is anything but easy to implement.

But if Dan and his team can make it my fantasy go overboard with this tech, for instance who pays?  The issuer or uploader of the data? I guess with the current qibuck add there team pays the Xnodes serving. but what if you reverse that? I started dreaming about paying by Download,  sell some ebooks for instance. Downloader pays, XC goes to uploader who pays the xnode for serving his content.

Can't wait for the documentation so i can limit my fantasy a little

US connections are a lot slower than in most of europe. I currently have 127mb down and 12 up in the UK. Some countries within in the EU have nationwide 1Gb up and down for normal pricing.
Pages: « 1 ... 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 [1139] 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: