Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:02:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 [1434] 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 12:35:46 PM

Is Kristov Atlas reviewing the code?

Before public code reviews by anyone start to happen, we'll first have internal consultation and audits done.

How about you answer this question?

I really want to give this thing a go, but it's not exactly user friendly.

I'm running ubuntu 14.04. so I installed v0.9.2.47h_RC3 Huh? (a bunch of naked index's for downloads with only the odd readme is frikken shitty dudes). Install howto tells me libboost would not be required for my dist. Turns out some packages were required and had to do an apt-get -f. No biggie I guess?

So i fire it up. Won't connect. Bleh!

So I install an earlier version. Again -- wont sync (won't actually connect to the network). I have had no wallet issues with any other cryptocurrency.

How-to's on the main website have only one example -- for windows, and only for one topic. Also the menus on the main site really shit me (ok I might be a little bitchy due to installation impotency).

It seems to me that the tech behind this might be great (I guess), but -- well -- it's all kind of obscure.

and.... I'm flaccid.

edit: I'd have posted this on their main forum, but I found a similar question and it had a pretty woeful response. Lots of tumblweeds -- lots of unanswered questions, head scratching and people with similar problems, offering lame advice such as: wait a couple of days. Or -- try again! The hell?
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:49:25 PM

bots seem to be gone on trex. now they share equal volume with cryptsy and i see alot of buys. me like. bring us some news Synechist. something is happening.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 01:11:40 PM

Is Kristov Atlas reviewing the code?

Before public code reviews by anyone start to happen, we'll first have internal consultation and audits done.

How about you answer this question?

[Linux troubles]

Sorry, I don't have the first idea about Linux-based systems.

Best thing to do is to just wait until we release a Linux version and people are around to take reports and make improvements.

A Linux version will be released once the code for Group XChat is straightened out.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 01:15:24 PM

bots seem to be gone on trex. now they share equal volume with cryptsy and i see alot of buys. me like. bring us some news Synechist. something is happening.

Something is indeed happening.

There's also a lot going on behind the scenes, and the roadmap looks insanely hardcore. But you'll all have to stay posted for now, as we're not in a position to release any news yet.

For now, suffice to say that you can expect a mix of linear developments and complete surprises. ;-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Mountaingoat

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 01:17:52 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 01:37:11 PM by Mountaingoat

There's also a lot going on behind the scenes, and the roadmap looks insanely hardcore. But you'll all have to stay posted for now, as we're not in a position to release any news yet.

For now, suffice to say that you can expect a mix of linear developments and complete surprises. ;-)
Somebody needs to do something for the price, if I was a potential investor, it looks like the coin isn't doing all that well(only looking at statistics and numbers).

I know that there is going to be an ITO and that might bring the price up, but as of right now, XC seems to be dying for people that never visit this thread.

I am also noticing that only a select group of people post on the thread, I think that needs to change as well.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 01:27:53 PM

The XC team needs to do something about this horrible price.

I know that there is going to be an ITO and that might bring the price up, but as of right now, XC seems to be dying for people that never visit this thread.

I am also noticing that only a select group of people post on the thread, I think that needs to change as well.

The term "horrible" is only relative to your subject position.

For example, it's an utterly wonderful price for investors.

As a second example, it's a sign of stability in a very volatile environment, which is pretty great too, as it indicates existing investors' faith in the project.

Don't compare the current price to XC's initial pump, unless you want a rough idea of where the price is likely to go in the mid-term future.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
profitofthegods

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 01:29:30 PM

The price isn't up to the XC team, its up to us who buy and sell it. Just because its not shooting up every month doesn't mean anything is dying for anyone.
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:34:22 PM

What exactly do you think the XC team can do about the current price? Make it magically go to $50?

You are one of the "select group" who is posting here on a regular basis, but all you seem to be concerned with is the price. Protip: if your blood pressure rises and drops in correlation with the daily fluctuations in price of the stock you invested in, trading is not for you. Let alone crypto trading.

And your assumption that "XC seems to be dying for people that never visit this thread" is simply wrong:

1. XC held it's value well through the beating BTC took the past few weeks
2. People invested in XC will check here for updates, people not invested in XC don't care for it and don't pay attention to XC's price "swings" let alone are concerned with XC's longevity.

Don't get me wrong, I think you're a good guy and the whole goat business is funny. But your gloomy posts about XC's future based on your analysis of the daily price gets on my nerves sometimes.
Mountaingoat

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 01:35:51 PM

The term "horrible" is only relative to your subject position.

For example, it's an utterly wonderful price for investors.

As a second example, it's a sign of stability in a very volatile environment, which is pretty great too, as it indicates existing investors' faith in the project.

Don't compare the current price to XC's initial pump, unless you want a rough idea of where the price is likely to go in the mid-term future.

Let me edit my post and replace the word horrible.
Mountaingoat

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 01:37:59 PM

What exactly do you think the XC team can do about the current price? Make it magically go to $50?

You are one of the "select group" who is posting here on a regular basis, but all you seem to be concerned with is the price. Protip: if your blood pressure rises and drops in correlation with the daily fluctuations in price of the stock you invested in, trading is not for you. Let alone crypto trading.

And your assumption that "XC seems to be dying for people that never visit this thread" is simply wrong:

2. People invested in XC will check here for updates, people not invested in XC don't care for it and don't pay attention to XC's price "swings" let alone are concerned with XC's longevity.

Don't get me wrong, I think you're a good guy and the whole goat business is funny. But your gloomy posts about XC's future based on your analysis of the daily price gets on my nerves sometimes.
What I meant was that for an investor that only looks at numbers the coin doesn't seem to do that well.
Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:38:31 PM

I feel like if someone really does their research on alt cryptos then they will eventually find XC and be very happy that they can still get in at this price. Everyone else will just have to jump on the train later.
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:42:53 PM

i think the goats concernes been valid some weeks ago but the tide is turning i sense. some direct competitors struggle for various reasons. lot of revelations and stuff.And lot of money looking for a new home atm and XC looks like a nice place to be . If you have a bad day Mountaingoat go outside and chill afk. been there. best option.

Don't let us hang here to long synechist.  Wink understand deals probably have to be sealed but throw us a bone every once in a while.
SpringfieldM1A

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:43:31 PM

What I meant was that for an investor that only looks at numbers the coin doesn't seem to do that well.

Any serious crypto investor does comprehensive research and his decision making is based on more than just technical analysis. Furthermore TA in these relatively shallow markets doesn't predict a thing, anything can happen.
Mountaingoat

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 01:46:35 PM

i think the goats concernes been valid some weeks ago but the tide is turning i sense. some direct competitors struggle for various reasons. lot of revelations and stuff.And lot of money looking for a new home atm and XC looks like a nice place to be . If you have a bad day Mountaingoat go outside and chill afk. been there. best option.

Don't let us hang here to long synechist.  Wink understand deals probably have to be sealed but throw us a bone every once in a while.
But I don't want to go outside, it is raining. Sad
SpringfieldM1A

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:47:48 PM

Don't let us hang here to long synechist.  Wink understand deals probably have to be sealed but throw us a bone every once in a while.

This + 1

We're indeed at the crossroads, although I predict a return of the bear whale doing one last weakhand shakeout, but after that a steady rise. Crypto is slowly entering the real world, and I am still convinced XC will be at the tip of the spear.
sugarboy321

Activity: 361

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:48:22 PM

Don't let us hang here to long synechist.  Wink understand deals probably have to be sealed but throw us a bone every once in a while.

Goats play in the rain.
holyprofit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:48:39 PM

At this point all alts in general are all down (e.g. bc) because bitcoin looks like it's about to go on a bull run. Exactly the same happened this time last year.
I cleaned out my LTC as soon as LTCBTC started doing the opposite of BTCUSD, but I'm holding all my XC because I'm expecting great things here (compared with
zero discernible development on LTC)  
holyprofit

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:49:50 PM

+1 to that - you do not want to smell wet goat
deliveryman

Activity: 277

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:57:24 PM

Hi

I am looking to invest in XCurrency. However, I have some questionmarks.

Everybody is talking about how great XC is and that it is ia decentralised trustless privacy platform.

Why? I just downloaded the wallet but I dont see anything different from other wallets. It looks like it has all same features as litecoin and stuff. Could someoone help me explain?
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:06:26 PM

Hi

I am looking to invest in XCurrency. However, I have some questionmarks.

Everybody is talking about how great XC is and that it is ia decentralised trustless privacy platform.

Why? I just downloaded the wallet but I dont see anything different from other wallets. It looks like it has all same features as litecoin and stuff. Could someoone help me explain?

Synechist, an official member of the XC team may answer your questions more thoroughly later, but since you pose those specific questions, I take it you are really, really knew to the scene.

XC is a complete platform which lays the ground for many future applications that will be constructed upon it. Bitcoin introduced us to blockchain and the decentralized nature of the platform, XC takes this, provides several more layers of privacy, and enchances the mentioned architecture. You can't "see" the difference in the wallet, as a new member you should just invest into the currency and let the whole thing mature for some months. XC is here to stay and it's the door to so many groundbreaking techs.

TL;DR do your research, try to understand the importance of the work being done here compared to the scam crypto scene, and invest.

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
Pages: « 1 ... 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 [1434] 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: