Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:32:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 [1460] 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:05:24 AM

As a longterm investor, I'm a bit puzzled by the lack of focus on XCurrency. We haven't even officially launched this coin and we're talking about new tech, new corporation, etc.

Don't get me wrong I think the blocknet is a fantastic idea but it will involve huge development effort on Dan and his team.

Can we get one thing 'Dan's baby' delivered before we announce more things? I don't think I'm the only one with these concerns.

Do we have any estimate dates on the official launch of XC?

The BlockNet sounds like a joke. At least right now. I'm happy to have someone prove me wrong.

A dash of Gold Bond would do wonders for that butthurt.

That's all? That's the first response I get?

Synechist will no doubt answer any questions you have tomorrow. Its 4am here right now. Read back through the last few pages, He's already answered a lot of questions including the differences between Blocknet & Supernet.

I need sleep. Laters.

edit: also, what jibble said.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:24:24 AM

Can someone, part of the team or in the know, please tell me why sdc is on this pic, shadow is not part of that project so it stands to be misleading as of right now. Can someone fill me in please. Thanks.
https://twitter.com/XCurrency/status/522508661529530368/photo/1

Good luck with it all the same i just don't understand the tactic. I'm sure someone can explain the logic to me though. Thanks.
G-Bert

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:30:49 AM

http://www.spookycoins.com/supernet-vs-blocknet/

G-Bert

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:32:49 AM

Can someone, part of the team or in the know, please tell me why sdc is on this pic, shadow is not part of that project so it stands to be misleading as of right now. Can someone fill me in please. Thanks.

Good luck with it all the same i just don't understand the tactic. I'm sure someone can explain the logic to me though. Thanks.

SDC is going to be/is one of the contributing coins to Blocknet. Good news IMO  Smiley

MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:37:33 AM

I am not butthurt at all. What is there to be butthurt about? BlockNet sounds like a joke. Maybe its not. But if it is what it sounds like it is, I'd like to know who you are going to get to invest in it EXCEPT for XC holders who are hoping to get 10% on their money. And, yes, if you can convince enough people to do that it will pump XC. However, on the other side of this "ICO" what is supporting the value? Nothing that I can see but AIR, just like every other alt coin in the world.

Why is this attractive to anyone besides large holders of XC? What leverage - either in dev know-how or respect within the altcoin world do the current XC devs have to pull something like this off? Thats why it doesnt sound like a legitimate attempt. It sounds like a joke.

Blocknet doesn't sound like a joke to me.  I am not sure what I find funny about coins, each with their own specialization, collaborating for R&D and creating what sounds like a new way of distributing content and supporting interaction - all of which is not going to be beholden to standard data mining techniques.  It's an infrastructure that is being built.  

The entire summer, I watched the XC thread and there were many points where people were dissatisfied.  Why?  Because they were expecting a pump.  They were expecting something right then and there.  But I also saw continued development.  Relevant tech doesn't just get built over night and XC didn't get built over night.  I wonder what would have happened if XC had delivered REV1 and been happy?  We would have continued from coin to coin with many scams and much volatility.  Instead, we have a solid foundation that is looking like that "Bulletproof" claim is going to hold water.  Not only that, we have a coin that is set-up to distribute content in the near future.  The base is there and the tech is going to be something that I will use...much less other coins that I have invested in and then bailed on because I didn't see think that the dev had vision beyond a flavor of the month feature (not to diss them, I feel the crypto currency community is the largest R&D movement of our time and aside from obvious scams we need all of the input we can get).

Which brings me to my next point.  The coins on the list have unique features that can not only benefit XC but other coins...and ultimately the end user.  Util is working on programing how to filter malicious content to avoid risk to people who use their VPN (and now Blocknet).  SSD came up with stenographic transactions - coin movement embedded in pictures taken from pictures that you take from your smart phone.  XST has some pretty awesome SMS capabilities.  Fibre beat keylogging programs by creating an android like swiping pattern password for their wallet and have also released their own OS.  LXC decided to work on sidechains (sidechains!).  And my mentions aren't the sole focus of any coin I referenced or the full spectrum of what the combined dev force of all the coins included are capable of.  But these are all features that people want to use...and while I speak for myself, I think that they can come up with features that I and others will want to use.

Enabling the devs of each coin to work on what they do best to create something that will work together and bring an ultimately friendly and secure user experience is awesome. I don't see a joke here.  I see the beginning of another development process that will create the foundation for more innovation...and everyone working together only gets us there faster.  

Judging this endeavour based on the social persona that has developed in the crypto community this past year (chasing pumps) is disingenuous...because they aren't trying to behave in the fashion that everyone has come to expect, in my opinion.  Because that way didn't work.

Looking forward to more news...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
blade87

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:48:38 AM

Enabling the devs of each coin to work on what they do best to create something that will work together and bring an ultimately friendly and secure user experience is awesome. I don't see a joke here.  I see the beginning of another development process that will create the foundation for more innovation...and everyone working together only gets us there faster.  

Working together looks like it may be the next big experiment in alts. And honestly, good. Because if groups of coins become big, then there won't be much room for new alt pump and dump scams. I just hope further down the line that things like BlockNet and SuperNet are very picky on what coins allow to join.

I also like the idea of a XC company. I was waiting for a crypto to do this, and I even made a joke about it many months ago here on this thread. And with a company behind XC, you'll know that there is full time development going on. I wish it well. Why limit your product to Bitcointalk and 120,000 sats when it's much better than that. I think its a good move.
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:54:08 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2014, 04:27:47 AM by BTCwriter

As a longterm investor, I'm a bit puzzled by the lack of focus on XCurrency. We haven't even officially launched this coin and we're talking about new tech, new corporation, etc.

Don't get me wrong I think the blocknet is a fantastic idea but it will involve huge development effort on Dan and his team.

Can we get one thing 'Dan's baby' delivered before we announce more things? I don't think I'm the only one with these concerns.

Do we have any estimate dates on the official launch of XC?

The BlockNet sounds like a joke. At least right now. I'm happy to have someone prove me wrong.

All coins participating in Blocknet are equal, unlike Supernet only Bitcoindark would butthurt and take advantages over joining shitcoins.
G-Bert

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 03:56:57 AM

SDC is going to be/is one of the contributing coins to Blocknet. Good news IMO  Smiley

No i don't believe it is just yet, thats my point. Why is it being pitched as though it is? Just because its on a pic does not mean it is. I'm just wondering what the logic here is from dan/project team to put it there. Is it some jest to coheres Shadow to the project or an oversight maybe?

So i'm looking forward to someone in the know to engage in my attempt to strike a dialogue here, about it. Thanks again.

I asked the very same question myself as soon as it was posted.

Here it is from the horses mouth...

Are the currencies shown here already "in" or are these just examples? (SDC?)

The currencies shown here are in.

LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:04:47 AM

SDC is going to be/is one of the contributing coins to Blocknet. Good news IMO  Smiley

No i don't believe it is just yet, thats my point. Why is it being pitched as though it is? Just because its on a pic does not mean it is. I'm just wondering what the logic here is from dan/project team to put it there. Is it some jest to coheres Shadow to the project or an oversight maybe?

So i'm looking forward to someone in the know to engage in my attempt to strike a dialogue here, about it. Thanks again.

Disclaimer: This is my personal view which is likely to change after time. To me this seems like pressure on dan to formulate some sort of money grab. And however normal that is i fear it can also be somewhat detrimental to a cause for tech advancement. To me it seems like another way to get a hold of other peoples tech! Are we really at the point where we need to unite in such a way? I guess one can put forward a good argument towards "maybe it is".

To me, initially, this seems bias towards money and tech grabbing more then serving any future for us. (The industry and what the tech will serve in the future.)

This seems like, and i will reiterate initially, these are my own thoughts that this looks like it will only serve a few pockets and not really serve the industry as much. Please if you are not capable of a mature discussion please don't replay to my opinions because i mean no harm id just like to have a chat about it. Thanks.
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:05:52 AM

Is Xbridge based upon the same principle as SuperNET is?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 04:06:42 AM

Dan is a very professional Dev there is no way in hell it would be there if he had not talked to the SDC team first, It just wouldn't happen.
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:06:53 AM

I asked the very same question myself as soon as it was posted.

Here it is from the horses mouth...

Are the currencies shown here already "in" or are these just examples? (SDC?)

The currencies shown here are in.

Thanks mate ill get in touch with Shadow about this to me initially seems false so ill get back to you i could be wrong however.
MemoryShock

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:11:26 AM

To me it seems like another way to get a hold of other peoples tech! Are we really at the point where we need to unite in such a way? I guess one can put forward a good argument towards "maybe it is".

To me, initially, this seems bias towards money and tech grabbing more then serving any future for us. (The industry and what the tech will serve in the future.)

This seems like, and i will reiterate initially, these are my own thoughts that this looks like it will only serve a few pockets and not really serve the industry as much. Please if you are not capable of a mature discussion please don't replay to my opinions because i mean no harm id just like to have a chat about it. Thanks.

I think the tech grabbing aspect is kind of moot since all coins involved will receive tech.  As well, it isn't being stated, to my knowledge, that each coin needs to divulge their secrets to be a part of this.  So that argument isn't really working for me.

As far as whether or not SDC is a part of it?  I think that once the press releases go live in three hours (specifically, when the news starts spreading tomorrow) that the devs will speak.  We have a couple all ready but some are absent and I am venturing a guess that they are waiting for the news to break out of deference to wait for XC to make the announcement (many issues in the past few months regarding other coins jumping the gun on announcements in this thread and people being upset here)...

My two thoughts...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Coingrab

Activity: 308

Got to get them all!

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:23:39 AM

SDC is going to be/is one of the contributing coins to Blocknet. Good news IMO  Smiley

Disclaimer: This is my personal view which is likely to change after time. To me this seems like pressure on dan to formulate some sort of money grab. And however normal that is i fear it can also be somewhat detrimental to a cause for tech advancement. To me it seems like another way to get a hold of other peoples tech! Are we really at the point where we need to unite in such a way? I guess one can put forward a good argument towards "maybe it is".

Why would you not want SDC to be a part of it? Most coins would give their left eye to be included. I've Read in SDC's thread everyone happy to be a apart of it. Yet hear you are coming to this thread and damn near accusing Dan M of adding SDC as some sort of ploy? Whats your beef man? Time to move on from the trolling bullshit you've been doing to some of the other member coins (mianly XST). SDC's dev and Dan have agreed or it wouldn't be included in this. Gonna have to find some other coins to troll.

benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 04:25:28 AM

interesting

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:25:46 AM

To me it seems like another way to get a hold of other peoples tech! Are we really at the point where we need to unite in such a way? I guess one can put forward a good argument towards "maybe it is".

I think the tech grabbing aspect is kind of moot since all coins involved will receive tech.  As well, it isn't being stated, to my knowledge, that each coin needs to divulge their secrets to be a part of this.  So that argument isn't really working for me.

As far as whether or not SDC is a part of it?  I think that once the press releases go live in three hours (specifically, when the news starts spreading tomorrow) that the devs will speak.  We have a couple all ready but some are absent and I am venturing a guess that they are waiting for the news to break out of deference to wait for XC to make the announcement (many issues in the past few months regarding other coins jumping the gun on announcements in this thread and people being upset here)...

My two thoughts...

Moot, sure, lets be clear, in no way do i mean to defame anyone. Because i just don't have any substantiating evidence. But to me it seems like a way to get a hold of tech by collaboration and to me points towards money due to pressure from people with money on Dan to use his name, which is what its for but seems to be used a lot lately. More so then over the techs ability to help people in the future which some projects are really focused on and some are focused on just money grabs and misleading marketing i.e using Dans name.. Don't get me wrong these are just my opinions and they stand until we see more develop here and provocative as my opinions are they really are not so out there at least some think so. As you said we will see soon. Thanks.
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:33:00 AM

My two thoughts...

Moot, sure, lets be clear, in no way do i mean to defame anyone. Because i just don't have any substantiating evidence. But to me it seems like a way to get a hold of tech by collaboration and to me points towards money due to pressure from people with money on Dan to use his name, which is what its for but seems to be used a lot lately. More so then over the techs ability to help people in the future which some projects are really focused on and some are focused on just money grabs and misleading marketing i.e using Dans name.. Don't get me wrong these are just my opinions and they stand until we see more develop here and provocative as my opinions are they really are not so out there at least some think so. As you said we will see soon. Thanks.

Butthurt much and no longer love Shadowcoin? Join the Supernet team.
The tech for each coin is still there and every coins participating are equal to compet their tech
Blocknet is just a decentralize platform
MemoryShock

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:41:31 AM

But to me it seems like a way to get a hold of tech by collaboration and to me points towards money due to pressure from people with money on Dan to use his name, which is what its for but seems to be used a lot lately. More so then over the techs ability to help people in the future which some projects are really focused on and some are focused on just money grabs and misleading marketing i.e using Dans name.. Don't get me wrong these are just my opinions and they stand until we see more develop here and provocative as my opinions are they really are not so out there at least some think so. As you said we will see soon. Thanks.

My apologies but it was difficult wading through that paragraph.

If I interpreted correctly, you saying that these coins are on board to use Dan's name, i.e. the coin reviews solicited by Key, Aero and others in order to grant them credibility and a price increase on the markets.

Big difference.  Those reviews were solicited.  

The devs listed on the Blocknet, as far as I can see and interpret, have value/unique features that contribute and are serious enough to have access to XC's foundation...meaning that they all add to the user experience Blocknet will be attempting to create.  It's a two way street.  

I respect a healthy suspicion of motives, for sure, but I am not seeing that here.  Everyone benefits and if things work out well, they all benefit from each others developing experience which to me is preferable to working by oneself.

And as I mentioned above...collaboration does not necessarily require the relinquishing of specifics.  

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:42:03 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2014, 05:05:58 AM by LongAndShort

Why would you not want SDC to be a part of it? Most coins would give their left eye to be included. I've Read in SDC's thread everyone happy to be a apart of it. Yet hear you are coming to this thread and damn near accusing Dan M of adding SDC as some sort of ploy? Whats your beef man? Time to move on from the trolling bullshit you've been doing to some of the other member coins (mianly XST). SDC's dev and Dan have agreed or it wouldn't be included in this. Gonna have to find some other coins to troll.

Because i don't see it as necessary i believe the tech sdc holds is enough to hold its own weight in any future we have.

To me this whole thing just wreaks and until i figure out more thats my opinion..Most of those projects on that rider don't really bring much at all to the table. Dan lately seems to be pressured into giving his name to prop up market values even within questionable projects such as the one i debunked recently. To me this seems like a bit of a plight to fill a few coffers that have been accumulating (unsubstantiated of course and just an opinion).

I'm here for the tech, the money is secondary to the tech and what it represents to our futures. So i guess i see things a bit differently when it comes to looking at it a different way. Good luck to them but i don't see it as helping good tech become better, primarily. I see it more as a money grab and a way for the more questionable projects to leverage and piggy back on the resource and integrity of  the better ones. Which concerns me because anything really relying on that brings much more risk of it fading when the money or room for profit is gone..

For me sdc could do with distancing itself from this and i believe i would change my mind if the entire community vote for it. But we have not even talked about it publicly so i just see it as a way to cohere sdc into the project full of bobsurplus/prom pump coins. we'll find out very soon. Thanks
demgains

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:30:52 AM

Because i don't see it as necessary i believe the tech sdc holds is enough to hold its own weight in any future we have.

To me this whole thing just wreaks and until i figure out more thats my opinion..Most of those projects on that rider don't really bring much at all to the table. Dan lately seems to be pressured into giving his name to prop up market values even within questionable projects such as the one i debunked recently. To me this seems like a bit of a plight to fill a few coffers that have been accumulating (unsubstantiated of course and just an opinion).

I'm here for the tech, the money is secondary to the tech and what it represents to our futures. So i guess i see things a bit differently when it comes to looking at it a different way. Good luck to them but i don't see it as helping good tech become better, primarily. I see it more as a money grab and a way for the more questionable projects to leverage and piggy back on the resource and integrity of  the better ones. Which concerns me because anything really relying on that brings much more risk of it fading when the money or room for profit is gone..

For me sdc could do with distancing itself from this and i believe i would change my mind if the entire community vote for it. But we have not even talked about it publicly so i just see it as a way to cohere sdc into the project full of bobsurplus/prom pump coins. we'll find out very soon. Thanks

If you're here for the tech, than you would actually be thrilled for this colloboration. Crypto shouldn't be looked at as a competition but rather sharing ideas, innovating new technology and collaborating together to bring in more users. SDC is a great coin and has a promising future, but it will not be able to compete as its own entity, with something as massive as BlockNet. The sheer size of BlockNet will dwarf every coin community by a wide margin and SDC would have to reach levels of LTC adoption to remain competitive. I would assume the # of coins will also grow in the network making pretty much all centralized asset exchanges that only accept one currency, obselete.
Pages: « 1 ... 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 [1460] 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: