Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:16:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 [1464] 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483649 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 12:23:04 PM

Can you explain to me in a simple way what the advantage will be of using the Blocknet?
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 12:23:48 PM

Dan, can you confirm that Xchat is a part of Xcurrency and any benefits from Xchat will go to Xcurrency owners and not Blocknet or XCinc owners?

That is correct to a point, as one of the potential functions of XC Inc would be to have a legitimate corp structure in replace to reward xc holders if XChat was sold off...    So XC Inc holders would benefit directly from that sale, this is why XC Holders are entitled to a share of XC Inc itself

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
Conurtrol

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 12:27:31 PM

Dan, can you confirm that Xchat is a part of Xcurrency and any benefits from Xchat will go to Xcurrency owners and not Blocknet or XCinc owners?

That is correct to a point, as one of the potential functions of XC Inc would be to have a legitimate corp structure in replace to reward xc holders if XChat was sold off...    So XC Inc holders would benefit directly from that sale, this is why XC Holders are entitled to a share of XC Inc itself

Will current Xcurrency owners have their equity in XChat be diluted at all by the creation of XCinc?
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 12:29:26 PM

just imagine how easy it would be to scrap up funding for top advertisement for XBridge  all the coins involved each team chucks a few hundred bucks in all get awesome exposure and pay a minimum fee..just one small advantage of this collaboration.
Yes this happens often in the world, they all come under an umbrella to pool resources. Most car salesmen do it and work under an umbrella name to market but only a few usually really benefit from it all while the rest are left with the hope of exposure.
I have added to my post since your response, but i just wanted to say..most of us here( including you) are not used cars salesman, we are pioneers of liberty embracing technology and revolutionary's and when the people who are here for the money move on we will still be here..and there are a lot more of us then there are of them, so relax..most of us here are very like minded.  
atcsecure

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 12:33:06 PM

Will current Xcurrency owners have their equity in XChat be diluted at all by the creation of XCinc?

While I think there is some risk in minor dilution, but that is the cost of doing business and also bringing XChat [and potentially other s/w] to market

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 12:33:16 PM

just imagine how easy it would be to scrap up funding for top advertisement for XBridge  all the coins involved each team chucks a few hundred bucks in all get awesome exposure and pay a minimum fee..just one small advantage of this collaboration.
Yes this happens often in the world, they all come under an umbrella to pool resources. Most car salesmen do it and work under an umbrella name to market but only a few usually really benefit from it all while the rest are left with the hope of exposure.
I have added to my post since your response, but i just wanted to say..most of us here( including you) are not used cars salesman, we are pioneers of liberty embracing technology and revolutionary's and when the people who are here for the money move on we will still be here..and there are a lot more of us then there are of them, so relax..most of us here are very like minded. 

Haha i love you mate, carry on Smiley
hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 12:35:15 PM

Can you explain to me in a simple way what the advantage will be of using the Blocknet?

you don't use the Blocknet, you will be able to use other coins unique functions through the blocknet via xbridge and the other way around. People need to understand one thing. Competition is still in place and each coin stands for their own. just the potential user base increases and with it the chance to earn money given the fact the coin you hold generates some typ of revenue and its services is chosen to be used over others.

XC is still XC. but you could get Xmixer fees from a swift holder too if they decide to use hte XC anonymity for an important transaction for example.  So the unique qualities of each coin are still important and not shared like owning all coins. they are just at the disposal of a much larger audience at once. You still need to hold XC to benefit fully from it. The bigger the blocknet gets the better. than people loose this vision of a conglomerate and see BLocknet for what it is. a binding network of decentralised nature still allowing and even encouraging free market competition while making collaboration much easier but not mandatory.
Conurtrol

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 12:36:18 PM

While I think there is some risk in minor dilution, but that is the cost of doing business and also bringing XChat [and potentially other s/w] to market

I was under the impression that XCurrency owners also own 100% of XChat currently. Is that true? What percentage will they own after the creation of XC inc? Not counting any additional XC inc shares they may buy separately from what they receive automatically as XCurrency owners.
Jacques de Molay

Activity: 339

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 12:46:57 PM

I think its pretty funny if you look at this whole project of XC from day 1 till right now from an outsiders perspective when compared to most alt coins out there. It's almost what I would expect to happen in this world IF a uber competent dev actually joined and wanted to make a massive change and is capable of doing it and isn't a copypasta cloner, or PR team pumping and dumping their bought cloned coin.

If you joined crypto recently and researched a lot of coins and what they offer to what they delivered, divided by what they promised, XC has taken just about every good thing in crypto and advanced them and then some in the shorter amount of time.

It's like Dan has taken the best ideas from alts after seeing how much they are lagging for their investors in regards to development/tech/drive/direction and has then been improving/finishing it and adding it to his network.  Thats a pretty ballsy move right there on its own to take on. So far its all good

My only concern right now as I haven't researched it much lately and its easier to just ask sometimes, is I hold XC, when the XC Inc ito is offered - do my current xc coins vanish when they convert to XC Inc coins ? or buy in then I hold 2 coins ?

Then I can hold blocknet coins - so in total 3 coins will be in place ?

dadon
Legendary

Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 12:47:44 PM

Haha i love you mate, carry on Smiley
Is that legitimate love(if so Kiss) or sarcasm... Tongue
synechist
Legendary

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 12:53:57 PM

I think its pretty funny if you look at this whole project of XC from day 1 till right now from an outsiders perspective when compared to most alt coins out there. It's almost what I would expect to happen in this world IF a uber competent dev actually joined and wanted to make a massive change and is capable of doing it and isn't a copypasta cloner, or PR team pumping and dumping their bought cloned coin.

If you joined crypto recently and researched a lot of coins and what they offer to what they delivered, divided by what they promised, XC has taken just about every good thing in crypto and advanced them and then some in the shorter amount of time.

It's like Dan has taken the best ideas from alts after seeing how much they are lagging for their investors in regards to development/tech/drive/direction and has then been improving/finishing it and adding it to his network.  Thats a pretty ballsy move right there on its own to take on. So far its all good

My only concern right now as I haven't researched it much lately and its easier to just ask sometimes, is I hold XC, when the XC Inc ito is offered - do my current xc coins vanish when they convert to XC Inc coins ? or buy in then I hold 2 coins ?

Hey hey. No you keep your XC coins and get XC Inc shares for free in the process :-)

Info: http://downloads.xc-official.com/images/14-09-23%20XCurrency%20begins%20launch%20preparations%20with%20%93bulletproofing%94%20measures%20and%20an%20ICO.pdf

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
hoertest

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 12:57:30 PM

no they do#t  vanish. you hold shares and all coins you had then still.

What Dan has given here to the cryptocommunity is the biggest thing since the blockchain itself.

it just has to grow for people to understand. XC privacy function is still the best and stands unique so like i expected it to do good on the "old" internet i expect it to do just as good on the Blocknet.

I hope to see new coins join quickly and widely. imagine all doge wallets having the xbridge. dem fees.  Smiley
synechist
Legendary

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 01:00:20 PM

I was under the impression that XCurrency owners also own 100% of XChat currently. Is that true? What percentage will they own after the creation of XC inc? Not counting any additional XC inc shares they may buy separately from what they receive automatically as XCurrency owners.

You're right that XChat owners own 100% of XChat, insofar as "own" means that its value is reflected in XC's price.

After the creation of XC Inc, XC owners will own both XC coins and XC Inc shares, effectively getting a 2-for-the-price-of-one deal.

Now let's consider what would happen if XC Inc sold XChat to a third party:
- XCurrency nodes would still have XChat.
- XC Inc shareholders would get paid their share of the sale of XChat.
- The third party that buys XChat would use the XCurrency network to runs XChat, driving up adoption.

So perhaps the percentage of XChat XC holders will "own" here will remain 100%, since they'd still have use of it and the value of XCurrency will still reflect XChat's value because it runs on the XC network.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
atcsecure

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 01:01:08 PM

The final % hasn't been determined yet and I am interested in getting your thoughts on it?

Thanks

Dan

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:07:19 PM

The final % hasn't been determined yet and I am interested in getting your thoughts on it?

If the premine was used to fund xchat development, then 100%.
Conurtrol

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:12:39 PM

Thanks

Dan

Thank you and Synechist for your replies. I think there needs to be some discussion about this also. XChat is potentially a billion dollar app and I hate to lose any equity in it. On the other hand, it will be nice to have a cut of every other app that XC inc produces. I wonder what other XCurrency owners think.
hoertest

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:18:00 PM

Thanks

Dan

Thank you and Synechist for your replies. I think there needs to be some discussion about this also. XChat is potentially a billion dollar app and I hate to lose any equity in it. On the other hand, it will be nice to have a cut of every other app that XC inc produces. I wonder what other XCurrency owners think.

since it is possible to run Xchat without owning any xc before xc inc you didn't even have direct equity in it. with XC inc shares you would  have for the first time. of course xchat usage would also fuel XCurrency price but that was the only connection before XC inc. . with the ito comes actual ownage of the chat itself.
atcsecure

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 01:20:50 PM

Thanks

Dan

I agree, and having XC Inc also increase's XChat's and provides the framework and foundation for getting that Xchat deal

Conurtrol

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:22:43 PM

Thanks

Dan

since it is possible to run Xchat without owning any xc before xc inc you didn't even have direct equity in it. with XC inc shares you would  have for the first time. of course xchat usage would also fuel XCurrency price but that was the only connection before XC inc. . with the ito comes actual ownage of the chat itself.

That's true of course, and now we're trying to determine what is the appropriate percentage of Xchat ownership that XCurrency owners will get.
Conurtrol

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:27:29 PM

Thanks

Dan

I agree, and having XC Inc also increase's XChat's value and provides the framework and foundation for getting that Xchat deal

ftfy
I agree.
Pages: « 1 ... 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 [1464] 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: