Bitcoin Forum
October 07, 2024, 04:23:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 326 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3  (Read 2145040 times)
Scandalrosi

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 12:16:25 PM

Hello and good evening, i need you help.
I´ve just gotten my first GPU, for my new mining rig (1st. one). My GPU is:
Sapphire Radeon RX 470 Nitro+ 4GB.
I´ve downloaded Versions 9.5 to 9.7. In the read.txt files, the first sentence is;
Catalyst 13.12 is required for best performance and compatibility. Catalyst 14.x and 15.x is supported as well, use appropriate version.

Do i understand right? I need the Catalyst drivers addionally to the normal AMD Drivers (radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.2.1).
Can somebody tell me, witch version of Claymore´s the best is for my cards and witch version of Catalyst i´ve to use?
Thank you verry much.

Have a nice evening,
Scandalrosi

the old catalyst drivers do not support RX series.
You have to use newer version.
16.11.1 works well for me for instance.

OK, Thank you so much. So what i need is:
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.11.1 Driver for Windows® 7 64-bit​ (Windows 7)​
and
Claymore CryptoNote GPU Miner v9.7 Beta - POOL Catalyst 15.12 with the right bat files for the right coin.
That´s all?

Regards,
Scandalrosi

Cubirez

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 03:41:43 PM

Hello and good evening, i need you help.
I´ve just gotten my first GPU, for my new mining rig (1st. one). My GPU is:
Sapphire Radeon RX 470 Nitro+ 4GB.
I´ve downloaded Versions 9.5 to 9.7. In the read.txt files, the first sentence is;
Catalyst 13.12 is required for best performance and compatibility. Catalyst 14.x and 15.x is supported as well, use appropriate version.

Do i understand right? I need the Catalyst drivers addionally to the normal AMD Drivers (radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.2.1).
Can somebody tell me, witch version of Claymore´s the best is for my cards and witch version of Catalyst i´ve to use?
Thank you verry much.

Have a nice evening,
Scandalrosi

the old catalyst drivers do not support RX series.
You have to use newer version.
16.11.1 works well for me for instance.

OK, Thank you so much. So what i need is:
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.11.1 Driver for Windows® 7 64-bit​ (Windows 7)​
and
Claymore CryptoNote GPU Miner v9.7 Beta - POOL Catalyst 15.12 with the right bat files for the right coin.
That´s all?

Regards,
Scandalrosi

That's all what it takes to start.
Once you get it running, you can start to look into BIOS editing and mem overclocking to increase your hasrate
Scandalrosi

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 04:45:53 PM

Thank you very much. I will let you know, when i´m done:-)

Many Regards and have a nice sunday,
Scandalrosi
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 10:42:36 PM

I really need some help here please anyone. I want to mine a cryptonote currency now my problem is that it only supports menero and dash and the rest. It says use operation "-allcoins 1" Which is what I did. It says it cannot recognize thst operation. Why is the miner telling me to run an operation that doesn't even exist ? In the readme there is no mentions of allcoins operation. So how in the world do I mine a new cryptonote coin when it won't even support it ?

A good answer would be really appreciated. Thank you.
Etherion

Activity: 512
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 06:25:41 PM

The miner crash after a few hours. 7 x MSI RX 480 mixed gaming and Armour rig. Windows 10 AMD 16.12.2. It is as stable as a rock on ETH and ZCash with Claymore miner.
rinus

Activity: 362
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:33:53 PM

Hey guys

I modded my sapphire Rx 480 nitro 8g BIOS with 1750 straps copy to 2000. And when I then change memory from 2000 to 2150 MHz i get speeds up to 780 hash but it's not stable... But my question now is, why is the fan control not working? If I set tt 60 all my cards still go 80+ degrees...

AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 05:55:50 PM

With the advent of $100 Dash:

Is anyone mining Dash with RX4xx and what are the profits per day?

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
Scandalrosi

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:40:21 PM

Hi together,

First of all, thanks for your help.
it is up and running now:-))).. After a really hard weak of troubleshooting, the new minig rig i working now, with 4 X RX470 Nitro+ 4GB..
What the hell.. Arizer damaged. 2 of 4 GPUs damaged, PSU trouble.. And many many more..
Now, i´m wondering how i can optimize the Hashrate.. But step by step. First thing. My Rig is lagging really hard, when mining over GPU Miner v9.7.
Is that normal, or is this something i can fix, with better settings? Sometimes, after hours, the rig just shut down.
Is there something i can do. I tried out tons of crimson drivers. Most of them doesn´t work for Win7 64 bit and don´t identify my cards. I only got V16.11.1 and 16.11.4 to work. When i run claymore now, with the following command i get 2450 h/s. This are about 610 h/s per card. Is that good, or bad. There are so many comments, with different hasrates.

NsGpuCNMiner -o stratum+tcp://xmr.pool.minergate.com:45560 -u paapolinho@gmx.de -p x -a 3 (i tried A 4 and A 3 also, without changes)

I also tried to flash the rom, but it doesn´t work. ROM can´t be deletes, was the error. Is there a trick, when i have to push the button on the card.
How can i check, if the card is in the right mode to write the rom? When i push the button, the light is changing the coulor frequently. Is this the right mode?Do i have to reboot, after pushing the button. I´ve found someone who has modified the rom, for rx470 cards, so that i can be sure, it works.
Can somebody tell me, what i´m doing wrong?

And hopefully sombody can help me to optimize my cards.

Many Regards,
Scandalrosi

coinzoid

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:34:20 AM

Anyone is mining with just 4790k cpu? I have a good case and noctua cooling. While doing some work, I think I can use cpu mining if it is profitable with 0.12 USD/khw power cost.
Cubirez

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:56:51 AM

Hi together,

it is up and running now:-))).. After a really hard weak of troubleshooting, the new minig rig i working now, with 4 X RX470 Nitro+ 4GB..
What the hell.. Arizer damaged. 2 of 4 GPUs damaged, PSU trouble.. And many many more..
Now, i´m wondering how i can optimize the Hashrate.. But step by step. First thing. My Rig is lagging really hard, when mining over GPU Miner v9.7.
Is that normal, or is this something i can fix, with better settings? Sometimes, after hours, the rig just shut down.
Is there something i can do. I tried out tons of crimson drivers. Most of them doesn´t work for Win7 64 bit and don´t identify my cards. I only got V16.11.1 and 16.11.4 to work. When i run claymore now, with the following command i get 2450 h/s. This are about 610 h/s per card. Is that good, or bad. There are so many comments, with different hasrates.

NsGpuCNMiner -o stratum+tcp://xmr.pool.minergate.com:45560 -u paapolinho@gmx.de -p x -a 3 (i tried A 4 and A 3 also, without changes)

I also tried to flash the rom, but it doesn´t work. ROM can´t be deletes, was the error. Is there a trick, when i have to push the button on the card.
How can i check, if the card is in the right mode to write the rom? When i push the button, the light is changing the coulor frequently. Is this the right mode?Do i have to reboot, after pushing the button. I´ve found someone who has modified the rom, for rx470 cards, so that i can be sure, it works.

Many Regards,
Scandalrosi

You should be able to reach over 700 h/s with almost any card, after flashing your cards.
Before flashing you need to check what kind of memory you have on your cards (mostly hynix/elpida/samsung), then use a bios corresponding to that memory, or edit your bios by yourself with Polaris Bios editor 1.41 (basically you copy the 1500 MHz memory strap to 1625,1750 and 2000 Mhz mem straps for hynix and elpida, for samsung you copy 1750Mhz strap to 2000MHz)
For flashing the ROMs succesfully, you need to close de miner and open atiflash in admin mode.
Last thing you have to do is using WattTool to overclock memory frequency (check the differents threads about benchmarks to get an idea of the settings you need)

If you pay for electricity, i would recommend you to use -a 2 mode, which works very well on the RX series too.
 "-a 2" low power consumption mode for 290/290x cards. A bit less speed (1%) but less power consumption (10-15%)."

About the lagging, it's hard to tell.
What's your CPU ? Do you use your computer for other purposes than mining?

auswalk

Activity: 128

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:36:01 AM

Hi together,

Many Regards,
Scandalrosi

You should be able to reach over 700 h/s with almost any card, after flashing your cards.
Before flashing you need to check what kind of memory you have on your cards (mostly hynix/elpida/samsung), then use a bios corresponding to that memory, or edit your bios by yourself with Polaris Bios editor 1.41 (basically you copy the 1500 MHz memory strap to 1625,1750 and 2000 Mhz mem straps for hynix and elpida, for samsung you copy 1750Mhz strap to 2000MHz)
For flashing the ROMs succesfully, you need to close de miner and open atiflash in admin mode.
Last thing you have to do is using WattTool to overclock memory frequency (check the differents threads about benchmarks to get an idea of the settings you need)

If you pay for electricity, i would recommend you to use -a 2 mode, which works very well on the RX series too.
 "-a 2" low power consumption mode for 290/290x cards. A bit less speed (1%) but less power consumption (10-15%)."

I'm sure this has been posted but where can one download these roms? Thanks
Cubirez

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:15:41 AM

Hi together,

Many Regards,
Scandalrosi

I'm sure this has been posted but where can one download these roms? Thanks

I would advise you to mod your bios' by yourself since it's very fast (just copy the mem strap as i said in the previous message), and that it allows you to be sure the resulting BIOS is compatible with your GPU.

If you are too lazy to do so, you can check here :
https://anorak.tech/t/anoraks-vbios-collection-optimized-settings-for-performance-power-saving/13
But you need to flash the adequate BIOS
bitwolf

Activity: 186

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:05:42 AM

@Claymore suprnova has new stratum host and your miner shows ''Stratum -  Cannot connect to xmr.suprnova.cc port 5222'' in DevFee
Yep , that is kind of annoying . Everything is red ... Allpools is "1" so my shares got accepted but fast everything is red and scary.
Scandalrosi

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:59:51 PM

Hi together,

Many Regards,
Scandalrosi

First, many thanks. But this all doesn´t work with my cards. I have 4 x RX 470 Nitro+. Only 3 of them are showing in the flush tool. It looks like, the 4.th one, is another model. This card has totally different values, compared to the other 3. And it is slower, then the others. OK. The othe 3 Cards all have Samsung memory. What i´ve done. Reboot PC. Start ATIFlush with Adminrights. Choosen the card i wanted to programm. Push the button to search the rom file. Then hit the programm button. Then it began to program and in the half it stpped and showed the error message.
"Unable to delete ROM". What can i do else?

And one more question. Is there no working programm, to mine litecoin with windows. Doesn´t matter wich pool i choose. They all have great instructions how to enter their strings into the bat files, but when i execute them, it always shows --srypt unrecognized option
Is there anywhere a working tutorial how to configure the minig software. The only i got to work is.....tatttaaaa Claymore's CryptoNote GPU Miner v9.7. But only when mining over minergate. I tried out sgminer. Downloaded the programm and the source code. Same error message.--srypt unrecognized option. How do i have to configure the tool. I can start sgminer.exe without errors. It askes for an url then. But as far as i start the bat fill, with the --scryt in it. finish....

Sorry. I hope i could explain what i mean..

Regards, Scandalrosi
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 05:44:13 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2017, 11:29:45 AM by JosNekoKopa

Which coins (algo) are asic resistant and can be mined with RX 470? I'm lurking in alt announcement for new good opportunity but it is hard to distinguish what has potential and witc wallet have hiden premine or virus? Or shod i stick to proven good coins can be found here :  https://whattomine.com/  , but return is very small notover 2 dollars per day..
In this situation it is much more profitabil to join signature campaing instead burning GPUs .. Undecided
Cubirez

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:02:10 AM

Hi together,

Many Regards,
Scandalrosi

First, many thanks. But this all doesn´t work with my cards. I have 4 x RX 470 Nitro+. Only 3 of them are showing in the flush tool. It looks like, the 4.th one, is another model. This card has totally different values, compared to the other 3. And it is slower, then the others. OK. The othe 3 Cards all have Samsung memory. What i´ve done. Reboot PC. Start ATIFlush with Adminrights. Choosen the card i wanted to programm. Push the button to search the rom file. Then hit the programm button. Then it began to program and in the half it stpped and showed the error message.
"Unable to delete ROM". What can i do else?

And one more question. Is there no working programm, to mine litecoin with windows. Doesn´t matter wich pool i choose. They all have great instructions how to enter their strings into the bat files, but when i execute them, it always shows --srypt unrecognized option
Is there anywhere a working tutorial how to configure the minig software. The only i got to work is.....tatttaaaa Claymore's CryptoNote GPU Miner v9.7. But only when mining over minergate. I tried out sgminer. Downloaded the programm and the source code. Same error message.--srypt unrecognized option. How do i have to configure the tool. I can start sgminer.exe without errors. It askes for an url then. But as far as i start the bat fill, with the --scryt in it. finish....

Sorry. I hope i could explain what i mean..

Regards, Scandalrosi

Forget about mining litecoin with GPUs, LTC has been mined on ASIC since 2014, GPU mining is pointless for these.

As for the bios i'm editing using cmd in windows (admin mode), but never encoutered the problem you are describing.
Make sure you are not using the miner while rewriting the BIOS. Maybe your cards have a dual Bios and one of them is locked (small switch on the top of the GPU, google it to find pictures). Switch of your rig, switch to the other bios, restart and try editing again.

I didn't try Sgminer so i can't help you on this one. If you want to give it a try you should post on the miner's specific topic
Scandalrosi

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 01:54:42 PM

I did the modification on the BIOS. It worked, after i changed to another card. It looks like. the switch for the bios is dameged, from the first card.
After i changed to another card, it worked. I saved my old bios and modded it as shown in many tutorials. Flashing is fine. But after the restart, the flashed card is shown in Sapphire Trixx and in GPU-Z but it doesn´t work anymore. Frequency min and max are set to Zero. When i go back to the old BIOS, everything is working fine. I´ve done this several times now, but always with the same result. I tried a lot, but what i could found out. Doesn´t matter what i do, the standard settings are working the best, without issues. As far as i begin to modify settings, hashrate is going down and card is causing crashes.
Perhaps i´m to dumb for this mining stuff:-(
I leaf it as it is now. I have 92 Mh/s with my 4 cards. Perhaps this only works for 8GB cards, i don´t know..:-(

What i´ve understand now. Litecoinmining seems to be not possible, with gpu. What really suxx, are the tons of tutorials, showing how to mine litecoins with gpu:-(

Frustrated,
Scandalrosi
rinus

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 08:29:18 PM

i have 6 rx 480 running with modded bios at 770 hash average per card , and i use around 800Watt

is this ok? or can we use even less power ?

carlo_0000
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 09:14:02 PM

i have 6 rx 480 running with modded bios at 770 hash average per card , and i use around 800Watt

looks good i did 6x 470  758hash/card for 750W
rinus

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 09:17:28 PM

looks good i did 6x 470 around 758hash/card for 750W

Which timings do u use? I use 1750. What memory and GPU clock , voltage ? Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 326 »
  Print  

Jump to: