Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:49:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 [364] 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804603 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Litoshi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:47:29 PM

Good News..... The Crypti Team all have new workstations that are guaranteed to increase productivity:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:49:12 PM

Totally agree. What I don't get is that you guys have over 750 BTC, which as you said you intend to use within one year, but you revert to a cheap freelance site for your designs, where you pay at max $ 250 for a bunch of horrible designs.

I know that GreXX is your creative designer, and he would have asked for more of a budget, but to the rest of the team, what does it take you to realise how much of an impact design actually makes.

I'm not sure this was answered, however 99 designs are not intended to be used a final design result. Think of this as a way to get quickly (and relatively cheaply) a brain-storming of hundreds of designers world-wide, which you can later use with your main designer.

From our experience on past (non-crypto) projects, this significantly cuts down on rounds with the designer.

Also, please rest assured that design is very important for us, and we going to release something of truly world-class quality. Part of my visit to Russia was to ensure we find a design partner that will be able to deliver our vision of how crypti should look like, and I belie we've found the right one.
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 08:53:21 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 09:11:03 PM by Wulfcastle

Okay thanks for clearing all that up SyRenity. We appreciate it, though in the future, please try to maintain better communication with the community in periods such as this.

Are you joking? I have been here saying all of this the entire time?!? I don't get no respect!!

I specifically mentioned SyRenity & Boris, as the people who should maintain better communication in times like these. If you check my previous posts I acknowledged both you and samsmith16 as keeping communication up during the developers absence in this thread.

Although you gave us some info, it wasn't enough for anyone to grasp the situation. If you look at the rest of the community's responses to my posts, you'll see that we continuously asked for more info.

There were some key questions which SyRenity managed to clear up :

Q : Why was the network put offline?

A : This was done as an emergency measure to avoid possible forks with the PoT stability issues that we have discovered, while we are working on a proper solution for them. The intended pause period was expected to be a day at most, however unfortunately re-working the PoT took much more time than planned, thus causing the extended delay.

Q : Was it stopped Intentionally? How can you stop a decentralized network Intentionally?

A : Foundation own nodes where stopped, which form for the moment the majority of Crypti network.
Naturally people running their own nodes are not affected by that, however the main services (exchanges, etc...) are working with Crypti nodes.
Once we get the Windows version out, we certainly looking for a change of this situation, where Foundation nodes are the minority.

Q : What will be the next version coming out 0.16D/0.17 and will the Windows Wallet be released?

A :  We will release the new 0.1.7 version (both Linux and Windows) to the wide circulation.

(Boris kept on saying that 0.16D would be coming out to fix bugs and 0.17 would come later with Windows Wallet in tow. We now have confirmed that the next release will be 0.17 not 0.16D and will contain the Windows Wallet

Q : Does this now mean that the network will remain down for however long this PoT fix takes, possibly weeks?

A : We are working to restore it to fully functional order as soon as possible, with the target to have it up and running within days.

Before SyRenity posted we barely knew why the network was down, let alone when it would be online again. He came and he answered most if not all of our questions, which is what we've been asking for the past 4 or so days.
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 08:55:17 PM

Okay thanks for clearing all that up SyRenity. We appreciate it, though in the future, please try to maintain better communication with the community in periods such as this.

Are you joking? I have been here saying all of this the entire time?!? I don't get no respect!!

Seems that most are too lazy to look at posts that may be (OH MY GOSH) two hours old!!!.  Much easier to flame and complain than to go back a page.

Please see my post above ^^.
Litoshi

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:57:03 PM

Seems that most are too lazy to look at posts that may be (OH MY GOSH) two hours old!!!.  Much easier to flame and complain than to go back a page.

Please see my post above ^^.

Yes, Wulf, you are the exception to the rule

MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:58:12 PM

This is how it would look like:

I vote this.
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:59:53 PM

Was it stopped Intentionally? How can you stop a decentralized network Intentionally? is it decentralized?

Foundation own nodes where stopped, which form for the moment the majority of Crypti network.
So Crypti was never made a decentralized crypto  Angry
What a discovery!  Shocked
All this bs about everybody can forge with 1000 coins was lie? Because nobody can forge without this mysteruous "own nodes"?  Huh

I'm actually certain that you, as NXT early adopter, is quite accustomed to a changing code Smiley :
https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/commits/all

Just look through the last 2 months commits and see how many NXT core changes you can spot (comments with "blocks", "peers", "rollback" and so on).
Do you remember NXT network was down >4 days?  Tongue No, because maximum was 2. So your argument is irrelevant. Roll Eyes
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:15:08 PM

Was it stopped Intentionally? How can you stop a decentralized network Intentionally? is it decentralized?

Foundation own nodes where stopped, which form for the moment the majority of Crypti network.
All this bs about everybody can forge with 1000 coins was lie? Because nobody can forge without this mysteruous "own nodes"?  Huh

I'm actually certain that you, as NXT early adopter, is quite accustomed to a changing code Smiley :
https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/commits/all

Just look through the last 2 months commits and see how many NXT core changes you can spot (comments with "blocks", "peers", "rollback" and so on).
Do you remember NXT network was down >4 days?  Tongue No, because maximum was 2. So your argument is irrelevant. Roll Eyes

Yes, let's compare every aspect of NXT to this and if it doesn't perfectly match something is very wrong!!!111111

Also with only Linux users I am not surprised the foundation holds most nodes they probably rented up a few once they started XCR to protect the network.
When they release for windows it'll be different. <- my guess
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:19:41 PM

I specifically mentioned SyRenity & Boris, as the people who should maintain better communication in times like these. If you check my previous posts I acknowledged both you and samsmith16 as keeping communication up during the developers absence in this thread.

Although you gave us some info, it wasn't enough for anyone to grasp the situation. If you look at the rest of the community's responses to my posts, you'll see that we continuously asked for more info, but all we got is the same  "We are testing new PoT implementation, bear with us" statement re-phrased multiple times.

A : This was done as an emergency measure to avoid possible forks with the PoT stability issues that we have discovered, while we are working on a proper solution for them. The intended pause period was expected to be a day at most, however unfortunately re-working the PoT took much more time than planned, thus causing the extended delay.

Q : Was it stopped Intentionally? How can you stop a decentralized network Intentionally?

A : Foundation own nodes where stopped, which form for the moment the majority of Crypti network.
Naturally people running their own nodes are not affected by that, however the main services (exchanges, etc...) are working with Crypti nodes.
Once we get the Windows version out, we certainly looking for a change of this situation, where Foundation nodes are the minority.

Q : What will be the next version coming out 0.16D/0.17 and will the Windows Wallet be released?

A :  We will release the new 0.1.7 version (both Linux and Windows) to the wide circulation.

(Boris kept on saying that 0.16D would be coming out to fix bugs and 0.17 would come later with Windows Wallet in tow. We now have confirmed that the next release will be 0.17 not 0.16D and will contain the Windows Wallet

Q : Does this now mean that the network will remain down for however long this PoT fix takes, possibly weeks?

A : We are working to restore it to fully functional order as soon as possible, with the target to have it up and running within days.

Before SyRenity posted we barely knew why the network was down, let alone when it would be online again. He came and he answered most if not all of our questions, which is what we've been asking for the past 4 or so days.

like I said I believe you are very toxic for every coin you enter. I think you should be quiet if you want to "help your investment"

Instead of having the developers working hard on the code you rather have them come here to hold your hand and explain what other people on the team has already said over and over. To top it off, you try to spread fud in here too. Gratz man you get a clap on the shoulder from me.

What? getting things cleared up is helpful. this summery is very helpful. Thanks @wulf.

I deleted post since I don't want to waste time on this guy. I'll put my energy elsewhere. But you'll see
SyRenity

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:24:06 PM

You can always download Crypti nodes and run them yourself, however once Foundation nodes come back up, the blockchain consensus will take your fork to what the majority of nodes agrees. This is very similar to how NXT (or any other crypto for the matter) works as well.

As per downtime, while it's definitely bad and has to be resolved ASAP, it has no relation to the matter of discussion at hand. Code changes (including core) are a reality of any product, and I merely pointed out the fact that NXT, which you quite understandably champion, share same reality as well.
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 09:27:39 PM

Although you gave us some info, it wasn't enough for anyone to grasp the situation. If you look at the rest of the community's responses to my posts, you'll see that we continuously asked for more info.

My post was a Rodney Dangerfield quote and meant as a jest. But thank you for unnecessarily expanding on your apparent belief that I am not appropriately doing my job.

starik69
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:51:28 PM

You can always download Crypti nodes and run them yourself, however once Foundation nodes come back up, the blockchain consensus will take your fork to what the majority of nodes agrees. This is very similar to how NXT (or any other crypto for the matter) works as well.
Without open source or some verifiable math of your forging algo such statements are appropriate in some religious temple.  Angry Why we have to believe you?  Roll Eyes
Fact is: nobody managed to forge a block without your servers.  Cry
SyRenity

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:07:33 PM

You welcome to read the thread and see that plenty of people reported forging blocks on their own nodes.
GreXX

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 10:10:07 PM

Without open source or some verifiable math of your forging algo such statements are appropriate in some religious temple.  Angry Why we have to believe you?  Roll Eyes
Yeah this is false. People have forked and forged blocks on their own forks previously, it was part of the problem we were having.

But at the end of the day, you don't have to believe us.

starik69
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:36:21 PM

You welcome to read the thread and see that plenty of people reported forging blocks on their own nodes.
But they are not on blockchain - because there is no blockchain  Cry
Yeah this is false. People have forked and forged blocks on their own forks previously, it was part of the problem we were having.
Your problem is that your network is not decentralized, your POT forging/consensus algo failed.   Angry
I many times told you that there is something wrong with your code. Tongue
GreXX

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 10:56:06 PM

But they are not on blockchain - because there is no blockchain  Cry
Your problem is that your network is not decentralized, your POT forging/consensus algo failed.   Angry
I many times told you that there is something wrong with your code. Tongue

Apparently being an early investor in NXT doesn't mean you understand the technology or what you are talking about. It is decentralized in the exact same way that NXT is. Are you here because you care about Crypti or to stir up trouble because you know that when we succeed NXT will pale in comparison?

MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:55:15 AM

GreXX, SyRenity, all of you on the Crypti dev team -

I just wanted to give you a word of encouragement.  Things are obviously not going as you had planned and times are tough right now.  You still have plenty of supporters that have faith and trust in your efforts, and confidence that you will succeed.  I am one of them.   You are trying something very difficult and problems are to be expected.  Keep pushing back and you will ultimately succeed.

I am "all-in" on Crypti because you alone are tackling the two shortcomings I see with NXT, amazing as it is - a primary emphasis on merchant transactions and forging algorithms that remove the incentive to hoard coins in a PoS environment.  When you succeed in implementing these two features, Crypti will soar.

Hold your head up high as you plow through the current difficulties.
Litoshi

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:13:11 AM

GreXX, SyRenity, all of you on the Crypti dev team -

I just wanted to give you a word of encouragement.  Things are obviously not going as you had planned and times are tough right now.  You still have plenty of supporters that have faith and trust in your efforts, and confidence that you will succeed.  I am one of them.   You are trying something very difficult and problems are to be expected.  Keep pushing back and you will ultimately succeed.

I am "all-in" on Crypti because you alone are tackling the two shortcomings I see with NXT, amazing as it is - a primary emphasis on merchant transactions and forging algorithms that remove the incentive to hoard coins in a PoS environment.  When you succeed in implementing these two features, Crypti will soar.

Hold your head up high as you plow through the current difficulties.

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/2ho7lh/daily_discussion_sunday_september_28_2014/ckuqew0

its u=?

Dont fret Mal, XCR will double in price (and more) long before BTC sees 800 again.  

MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:02:06 AM

That's not me.  This is me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Reynolds

If you've never watched Firefly, do yourself a favor and get hooked on it right away - best science fiction dramatic TV show EVER...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_(TV_series)

On a serious note, I'm losing money like everybody else and I am quite worried these days.  

I think Bitcoin and other PoW variants are doomed sooner rather than later because of this:

http://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate

However, I believe in the ultimate victory of PoS cryptocurrencies and I am hodling:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=375643.0
informer

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 03:36:15 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2014, 05:26:00 AM by informer

Lets get back to the design of the logo.

I really like this one. Posted by klopper.  Perhaps our community can use this as a base and experiment with colors, sheen, reflections, shadows, etc:

Yes, this. I like the beveled Ͼ and globe. Although I think the Ͼ is a tad too thick. I just woke up so it's just a first impression. But it does purvey the concept I was thinking about. Coffee is on the pot.

~informer

Pages: « 1 ... 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 [364] 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: