Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:47:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 [412] 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804603 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
blue_wave

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 02:01:46 PM

Hi, guys where can i find any updates on the current development?? I missed the last couple of weeks, an update will be useful!

Read it here: http://blog.crypti.me/development-status-update/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:26:43 PM

any good news from xcr?
long time to wait ,and via is good example to pump.

We are running the Node Reward script right now, so nearly every block should have fees in them. Check it here: http://live.crypti.me

But please note, it's still in BETA. So there might be errors or downtimes of the script. Wink

GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 03:47:14 PM

Hi All,

This is what Poloniex support answered me regarding the not working XCR environment over there:

"
Unfortunately there is a problem on the XCP wallet, we have contacted the coin developer and he will provide a fix, util then I am afraid you wont be able to move your coins.
I apologize for the inconvenience.
"

When will this happen?

Kind regards.
M.

I was told that we attempted to contact them for weeks and they have been completely unresponsive and have done nothing to try to fix the problem. All they have to do is update to the newest client but have not done so. We told them what needs to be done. I'm not sure what their deal is.

menno1986

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 06:18:18 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2014, 08:15:33 PM by menno1986

Hi All,

This is what Poloniex support answered me regarding the not working XCR environment over there:

"
Unfortunately there is a problem on the XCP wallet, we have contacted the coin developer and he will provide a fix, util then I am afraid you wont be able to move your coins.
I apologize for the inconvenience.
"

When will this happen?

Kind regards.
M.

Did you ask them what XCP (CounterParty) has to do with XCR (Crypti) ?  Grin

Yes I did in a second message, in a response he said he meant XCR.
Like Grexx said, the ball is at their site, so I will contact them again...

Update:
I've had contact with Poloniex again, this was the reply (I've forwarded Grexx's part)...
"
Are you certain that the person you spoke to was an actual coin developer? We have our contacts on XCR and will try to communicate with them again.
Johnny Garcia
"

Second update:
I've received another mail right after the first one containing:
"
That is completely untrue. All communication with the devs has been started by us, and we have tried multiple times to fix the wallet with Boris. We are updated to the latest version -- that was never the problem. He has been unable to figure out the problem with us so far, and tends to have to leave before it gets figured out.
I've returned your XCR to your account in case you want to try to sell it. I will continue to work with Boris to get the wallet working again.
"

So I guess you are not well informed Grexx regarding this issue...
Boris, any news on this issue?
GreXX

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 12:28:19 AM

Well apparently it's an issue of conflicting information but my first post may have been a little harsh so I apologize. I am not trying to start wars with anyone. It just bothers me that we have supposedly been trying to reach them and they have supposedly been trying to reach us and in the meantime no one can transfer anything and their funds are hostage.

The word from Boris was that he fixed the problem and sent them detailed instructions on a fix but never heard back and it's still not up. Im not sure if it was miscommunication or if the message got lost or what might have happened but boris is going to try to contact them again and see if this is a different problem or if his previous instructions might be able to fix the issue.

The bottom line is that it's unacceptable from our side either way and we will figure it out.

CryptoCowgirl

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 06:16:32 AM

is XCR cheaper than the original pre-sale price on BTER now?

Is it a good time to buy... I want to invest 10 BTC in one coin for long term, is it a good pick?
fedoralite

Activity: 548
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 06:55:36 AM

Is it a good time to buy... I want to invest 10 BTC in one coin for long term, is it a good pick?

Currently the most promising coin is a "NODE"
The developers have completed the POA algorithm and start marketing
CryptoCowgirl

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:08:28 AM

Not sure I understand what you mean by that, I know what nodes are, but what do you mean the most promising coin is a node?
fedoralite

Activity: 548
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:12:09 AM

Not sure I understand what you mean by that, I know what nodes are, but what do you mean the most promising coin is a node?

Here is the official thread if you didn't know about this coin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=590421.0
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:50:00 AM

If you are truly looking long-term (more than 2-3 months) then Crypti is def. the best choice right now. We have so many things lined up. The price took a very hard strike and will rebounce to the 4x of now for sure somewhere in the (nearer) future.

Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 11:28:23 AM

Please go promote your coins somewhere else other than in another coins thread. This is just pathetic.
GreXX

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 01:08:17 PM

Just to clarify, their PoA isn't as originally advertised and simply rewards for transaction activity. I'm fairly certain the system can be gamed heartily but I'm not going to go into their problems and spend my time developing and fixing bugs for another coin when we have a lot of work to do here.

Please keep the thread about Crypti guys. We don't need other coins in here spouting their propaganda.

50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:56:49 PM

Anybody alive here  Huh
I wanna to see some good news.
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:13:01 PM

Anybody alive here  Huh

Good news?   Yes, we are alive.....

There is lots going on behind the scenes.  YOushould see greater stability in the rewards program, especially now that an ASIC farm in Thailand is offline.

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/456629

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2lexl2/here_is_why_the_hash_rate_jumped_and_took_a_dive/

That might have been one of the 100 node farms forging for Crytoshis

thelittlemanbtc

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:28:28 AM

Anybody alive here  Huh

Good news?   Yes, we are alive.....

There is lots going on behind the scenes.  YOushould see greater stability in the rewards program, especially now that an ASIC farm in Thailand is offline.

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/456629

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2lexl2/here_is_why_the_hash_rate_jumped_and_took_a_dive/

That might have been one of the 100 node farms forging for Crytoshis

bwahahahahahahahahahah ur only neews is THAT not even relate fktard ahhahaha u must be crying ur so little report !

Crypti was build solve the biggest problem. Lack of purchase motivation. 0 traded Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin Grin Grin

useless PUTA just tell they truth! u have nothing this month or OTHER! hahahahaahahaha  Grin Grin

i camed here to laugh my asses off and u not dissepoint !

Santa bring ur pot is biggest chance  Roll Eyes

thelittlemanbtc

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:41:26 AM

Just to clarify, their PoA isn't as originally advertised and simply rewards for transaction activity. I'm fairly certain the system can be gamed heartily but I'm not going to go into their problems and spend my time developing and fixing bugs for another coin when we have a lot of work to do here.

Please keep the thread about Crypti guys. We don't need other coins in here spouting their propaganda.

ahahahhaa ohhh no their algorytm isnt origianly advertised ? sounds like something else we know  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

go into their problem stfu i dont node need youre help with how fucking bad u are really that delusional lil boy?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
node is even better htna your coin u stupid fucktard fail  Grin

yehh much talk with crypti this tread might aswell be of node because of fucking useless crypti is hahahahaha failures  Grin
its not even worth laugh ur coin soon bcus no care 4 it anyway only bagholder.  Grin
they even make accs pretend buy 10 btc of crypti HAHAHAH  Grin
dont even havve anything new to report so u pick ur newsupdate from /r/bitcoin  Roll Eyes Grin
u cant even call me fud i am beating dead horse ahaha  Grin

every holder this coin prepare get shit on

Useless

5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 07:06:14 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 07:39:23 AM by 5000Bitcoins

Any idea about 5000Bitcoins ? He was very enthusiastic about inclusion in SuperNet which GreXX has said they are discussing internally.

Has he left crypti community for the time being ? His 'Let's talk Crypti' forum is also silent.. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=821046.0

Yeah haven't seen him for a while..., I'm sure he'll be back soon enough.

5000 Bitcoins had a private meeting with some members of the Crypti team and offered up his ideas and solutions for how we might progress moving forward. Solutions like focusing on Custom Blockchains now and finalizing PoT later so that we can show what Crypti is capable of and also some progress. He also talked to us in depth about how he perceives SuperNet as well as the benefit from joining to the whole Crypti community.

He had a lot of really good insight and we are taking all of his suggestions into consideration. For instance, we have decided as he suggested to progress on CMB while we attempt to come to a final solution on PoT.

I'm sure he is just taking a break to help work on SuperNet as he decided to take a small position on one of their teams and may be a little pre-occupied there for the time being as they are still fairly new.

Hi guys. I am still around these parts! If you look at my post history you'll see what I am currently up to.. it's full time  Smiley
I had a few disagreements with the Crypti team, most of my suggestions were met with mixed emotions but all is good in the end we want the same things.
I am very happy that some of my suggestions are being taken seriously and action being made.

As he says, I have joined SuperNet and will try to bring services to that network right now. I do this nearly full time with the exception being my own company which does not take a whole lot of time for me right now. If XCR joins Supernet? Not sure. What Supernet needs right now is new streams of revenues for their investors that is the primary concern! When XCR implements their custom chains it could be interesting, who knows. Note that I do not speak for XCR nor Supernet but just speculate on my own here. But in this bear market focusing on services is a better way to go since not many alts are blooming. but I do feel XCR is severely undervalued but I do also have heavy critisism for how things are run within their foundation.

The reason I value services higher is because I feel the crypto community as a whole is bleeding very hard. Loss of volumes in coins due to a heavily diluted market with 10 new coins a day makes communities very small and spread all over.. and in most of these cases the new coins are doing nothing that bitcoin already does. You know, XCR is the one coin I feel might do something differently both in commerce and building strong value in their network (custom chains and forging system) which will reflect the price that we'll see eventually. I am not even interested in new coins anymore but XCR, I don't look for new ones that much, so my interest for currencies is very low because they offer so little edge over bitcoin that it is not so necessary to invest in them. In a few years if anything it will be bitcoin who prevails and maybe a handful of other coins will stick around too and there'll be not 10 a day but 50 new a day. So.. I've grown to a shitcoin pessimist at best.

I felt the initial investors in XCR are bleeding too and wanted to do something about that because I am in the same boat as you guys. I could not for the life of me figure out why people are not buying more XCR with so much lined up! But in times of insight I get why that is.. people don't know about XCR. They don't know who the team is, when they deliver things, there is no marketing being done in a industry with hundreds maybe thousands of competing altcoins. There is no presence on social medias! No campaigns no nuffin'. There needs be a sort of revival to bring volumes and new investors and contributors to XCR. An altcoin usually has a span of a month before dying out. As the annoying and dumb troll some posts above me says the volume is actually at nearly $0 now which is a sadly a major joke no matter how it is spun.

In my darker days of creating my own company, when all things sucked major balls I had close to no ideas on how to make things better, but when I was doing better the ideas were flowing mad because there is one less major problem. The primary concern is to always award investors no matter to what cost.
I am a brutally honest fella and I am not one for sweeping things under the rug but rather hit problems head on. That the volume and price is so low just reflects the lack of both interest in this coin and also the lack of credibility the team currently has.

I guess I can bring up my own brutally honest opinions if you want to hear them! Else there is no need to read further here.

There is a heavy lack of communication. I amongst others have pointed this out several times so I am not gonna go into this much more. Not only with the community but also I think there is a huge lack of internal communication. What several major companies do good is that they let in others on the process and what is being done. To say "A lot of things are going on in the background." is just not enough by miles. What's worse is what XCR has accomplished thus far is hidden (for good reasons) so what we have to go on here is simply your word. While your word has my trust because I have been following this project for months and know you are genuine. Others or newcomers? Not so sure about that.

There is a lack of confidence. No roadmaps, no ballparks, no ETAs. You got bashed hard for failing with PoT and delaying your entire roadmap. But there needs to be a new one. How many here are really interested in "it's done when it's done" kind of concept? I mean, I don't even know your gameplan right now. And say if a major company like Apple would say "The iPhone 7 is done when it's done." how excited am I for the iPhone 7 when they just one day announce "Here it is. And the iPhone 8 is done when it is done, a lot of things going on in the back. Bye."

There is a lack of marketing. I don't need to go any further into this. The marketing does not exist. Which there is no excuse for because even the worst of the worst have marketing.

There is a lack of efforts or showing of such. I asked about the BTER 1% 2 months ago. The only thing I have read is that there is talks about it, not good enough for me. I have been posting about Poloniex for the last month. Poloniex does not have a problem with you, to assume such is wrong. If anything they hurt their customers which is the last thing they're gonna do, if they wanted to hurt you they would delist you. Having a non workable wallet for them means less fees for them to rake in. It is more likely you are on the bottom of their list because the volume there was so low. Can you blame them? You have to be like a bulldog on them instead of posting about it here. I want to see Bittrex add too because most europeans and US traders trade there.. that's your community. BTER? You lack a chinese market presence except for a few trolls here I have seen nearly no ching chang.

There is a lack of technical specifications to get excited about. Most of the explanations more looks like a blog and explanations of what can be but no explanations of how. I know this is a strategy to cover from potential competitors stealing that idea. Still very dissapointing.

Again, these are only opinions of mine. I have lost much of my hope to contribute to the cause because all these points that I bring up have been brought up over and over so there is little interest from my side because there seems to be a heavy lack of being able to influence any decisions.
I see the last post about Poloniex is from some guy from outside the team doing it on his own. How can you not be on top of fixing that after over a month?
I too have coins there stuck in limbo. I know you guys are working hard on this yet most things you do publicly makes it seem like you are doing this halfassed. How do I know that? I spoke to some of you, did my research and due dilligence. Think all people gonna do that?

I used to check this thread several times a day but now it's more of a weekly randevouz. I am simply very bored with the project. yet I haven't sold a single coin because I determine the upside potential to be huge. Sadly there is little to no stride to award their original investors through whatever means they can.
I believe in the XCR developer team but their marketing/managing/PR side holds a very tiny shred of credibility in my brain.
Whether this is a result of lack of things to market? Yeah, probably. Can they do better? A million times better. People can sell pens for $60.
I once bought an umbrella when I was in Turkey. Did I have demand for it then? No, but I did when I came home weeks later.

I personally think PoT should be scraped. I think the whole concept is too risky and too time consuming. If anything it can be worked on when everything else is in place. I think you are narrow-minded and believe we demand you to deliver PoT and I don't think so. You tried it and it did not work in my book that's time to move on. Down the line you can try it again. But it will require months of work and months of extensive testing before you release it this time.
I think it's easy to forget the alt marketplace is heavily diluted daily and it's volume is in constant decline. And where they all match pairs to (BTC) is also in heavy decline. BTC is at $340 now and could be at $100 in 6 months. Who even knows? Everytime BTC goes down all others alts follow with it.

I think you are building your own grave with PoT. It is just too time consuming and should not be prio one. This bear market is also shoving your budget down the drain each day as we go. I have seen the discussions in this thread heavily deteoriate into almost nothing but meaningless posts so I will not bother reading all of them. Also there is no need to try to get people to your forum or post updates there. This is nowhere near NXT size a community or others who can abandon BCT because their community will grow like Facebook anyway the: (1,2,4,8,16,32) effect. When the community is big enough it can move to that forum. Until then I suggest post here but and post in forums as secondary

Personally I tried forging since you did the NRP and and have had it running for the past days. I have not yet forged a block with reward yet I see the same addresses forging 3 or 4 in a row. Anyone outside the XCR team have a success forging blocks, like Karmacoma24? Maybe I am just unlucky.  Smiley

I like you prio customchains over PoT now because like I said it is way too time consuming and the risk/reward for spending time on it is not worth it.
In the end this coin as Mal points out was never really about forging, yet it is a neat compliment to it. It was about commerce and building on top of chains.
The question is will you implement custom chains before PoT and we are still waiting for a ballpark on that?
What do you have for plans in marketing?

I said 2 or 3 weeks ago I wanted to see the implementation happend in that order. I heard your reasons for why you did not want to do that and you know I disagree but in the end that's your call and not mine to make, frankly I do not mind about the outcome I am only suggesting that because I think at best we will see PoT live in 5 to 10 weeks if you were to go on it now. I think the key part of Crypti is custom chains the algo system is not perfect but will do for now. I think mostly where we will see new forgers is not by making a new PoT but by Bitseeds thingy that will allow 2 to run simultaneously. By the time you have new PoT you've lost most those who waited for it. Many new forgers will not see the beneficial aspect of it or just look at XCR as a used sexdoll.

I think the new PoT you want to develop is going to be time consuming because now you have to not be 100% sure it works but 139% sure it works.
so it will take a lot of time testing that. By the time it's done BTC could just be down in the dumpster or many other factors. Sadly, one main thing that hurt bitcoins credibility and still do is it's volatility and price. Having a measly $180k marketcap (can't check for sure because XCR isn't on CMC and cant be bothered to count on it) and no traded between does the same to XCRs credibility.

If you do decide to take out custom chains first for the love of god market it weeks before (!!!!) and treat it as a relaunch to XCR!
Even if you miss the deadline you say by a week or two marketing is still good.

Well this took me like 1 hr 30 to write and I think I got all I wanted to say pretty much said. No offence to the XCR team this is my constructive critisism.
I'm tired of waiting and the lack of effort. I'm not sure if any of the stuff I say will be taken with much more than a "we will discuss it" so I will personally say I have distanced myself away from caring about the process in which things are done. I want to say it's my personal, perhaps, childish opinion that focusing on PoT would be to be very stubborn. I don't think it's the main point of XCR at all. It's time to be more adaptive (you show that by focusing on it now) and realize that maybe the concept is not feasible or it can't be exactly what you wrote up several months ago. You're openening up yourselves to another dimension of vulernable if you want to dive into that for several months when the market that we're in is deteoriating. Yet the amount of transactions everyday increase, so if anything maybe dish out that commerce concept anyday now and start taking a chunk of that commerce market. The option to forge in itself is an edge to mining.
Well. Maybe fill us into the process of how you are diving into CMBs now + the amount of time you expect it to be.

I really do think it's time for you to make this interesting else people won't care for you nearly as much as you maybe think they do.
I mean the IPO got some noise sure but that was months back and there has been nearly nothing made since that.
But then again I said that several weeks ago too and since then almost nothing has happened to create interest or establish a community.
Good things take time sure, but many great innovations or artists of all sorts have died only to be discovered 50 to 100 years later.
Is XCR gonna die and then someone picks up the custom chains concept and bakes it into their currency in a few months?

tldr
communication
marketing
rants (poloniex, bter, forging)
customchains
develop customchains (get devs building on top of it, storj?)
develop pot
test pot
deploy pot

in the end, I've stuck with this project for months and will continue to do so. but there just isn't that much to speak of in terms of innovation but a few concepts I trust you enough to be able to deploy, we've even backpeddled since launch sadly. let's remember 3 months in crypto is a long long time and no one knows where the price of bitcoin is going or if something else is gonna happend. So you don't have forever to do what you set out to do so worrying about this and that and the other 500 scenarios you've painted up in your minds if you'd change plan somehow.. maybe tomorrow they won't matter. Maybe tomorrow price is $10 or a bug is found or Satoshi starts dumping bitcoins or... you get my drift.

I'm not gonna speak much more on the matter because frankly I've reached that point where the current state does not excite me anymore, and there is not much for me to talk or discuss anyway, since there is literally nothing I haven't already said or spoken on, if things change, maybe.. but I am working on my own stuff right now because I am a high energy guy who want to do stuff instead of sit around and wait so I'll just be a quiet investor mostly.  Wink

P.S How about taking over the Crypti account on here Grexx since Boris don't post anyway? OP hasn't been updated in weeks.

Good luck

karmacoma24

Activity: 178

LiskHQ CTO

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 11:27:50 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 01:29:20 PM by karmacoma24

Hello 5000Bitcoins,

As a loyal member of the community here is some of my input...

There is a heavy lack of communication. I amongst others have pointed this out several times so I am not gonna go into this much more. Not only with the community but also I think there is a huge lack of internal communication. What several major companies do good is that they let in others on the process and what is being done. To say "A lot of things are going on in the background." is just not enough by miles. What's worse is what XCR has accomplished thus far is hidden (for good reasons) so what we have to go on here is simply your word. While your word has my trust because I have been following this project for months and know you are genuine. Others or newcomers? Not so sure about that.

Sorry but I have to disagree. This (http://blog.crypti.me/development-status-update/) was all the information I needed.

There is a lack of confidence. No roadmaps, no ballparks, no ETAs. You got bashed hard for failing with PoT and delaying your entire roadmap. But there needs to be a new one. How many here are really interested in "it's done when it's done" kind of concept? I mean, I don't even know your gameplan right now. And say if a major company like Apple would say "The iPhone 7 is done when it's done." how excited am I for the iPhone 7 when they just one day announce "Here it is. And the iPhone 8 is done when it is done, a lot of things going on in the back. Bye."

Let's be honest: roadmaps, ballparks, ETAs are all bullshit really. The team have been crystal clear about what they are working on now, the hurdles in front of them and what they are aiming to achieve. Any other project would have crashed and burned severely by now. The way in which GreXX and the team have guided the project through uncertain times has been exemplary.

There is a lack of marketing. I don't need to go any further into this. The marketing does not exist. Which there is no excuse for because even the worst of the worst have marketing.

It has been mentioned many times. What is the point of wasting time and money on marketing when the project is not ready for it. I'm sure the time will come when marketing aggressively outside and within our tiny little crypto bubble will make sense.

There is a lack of efforts or showing of such. I asked about the BTER 1% 2 months ago. The only thing I have read is that there is talks about it, not good enough for me. I have been posting about Poloniex for the last month. Poloniex does not have a problem with you, to assume such is wrong. If anything they hurt their customers which is the last thing they're gonna do, if they wanted to hurt you they would delist you. Having a non workable wallet for them means less fees for them to rake in. It is more likely you are on the bottom of their list because the volume there was so low. Can you blame them? You have to be like a bulldog on them instead of posting about it here. I want to see Bittrex add too because most europeans and US traders trade there.. that's your community. BTER? You lack a chinese market presence except for a few trolls here I have seen nearly no ching chang.

I agree Poloniex and hate to say it Cryptsy need to be sorted asap. This is hurting our reputation badly. Better not to be listed at all, than the situation we find ourselves in now.

There is a lack of technical specifications to get excited about. Most of the explanations more looks like a blog and explanations of what can be but no explanations of how. I know this is a strategy to cover from potential competitors stealing that idea. Still very dissapointing.

Have to disagree. Considering the source code is currently closed. The team have been as open as possible about the algorithms involved. One particular post by BitSeed (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654463.msg9419819#msg9419819) got me very excited! I've spent several hours studying the maths behind it all, and I personally love this kind of technical discussion.

I think you are building your own grave with PoT. It is just too time consuming and should not be prio one. This bear market is also shoving your budget down the drain each day as we go. I have seen the discussions in this thread heavily deteoriate into almost nothing but meaningless posts so I will not bother reading all of them. Also there is no need to try to get people to your forum or post updates there. This is nowhere near NXT size a community or others who can abandon BCT because their community will grow like Facebook anyway the: (1,2,4,8,16,32) effect. When the community is big enough it can move to that forum. Until then I suggest post here but and post in forums as secondary

The community will grow given time and some careful nurturing. You can't expect the community to explode in size overnight. NXT took many months to get where they are now. We have to start small and work our way up. Posting on the official Crypti forum (http://cryptitalk.com/) and chatting on #CryptiTalk are both excellent ways to slowly but surely build our community.

Personally I tried forging since you did the NRP and and have had it running for the past days. I have not yet forged a block with reward yet I see the same addresses forging 3 or 4 in a row. Anyone outside the XCR team have a success forging blocks, like Karmacoma24? Maybe I am just unlucky.  Smiley

NRP is working great for me. A small but steady income spread evenly across my nodes. I am using CryptiKit (https://github.com/karmacoma/cryptikit) to deploy and manage my nodes very effectively. It is open source and anyone can use it. In fact I have been using the surplus withdrawal feature to consolidate my forged XCR into new nodes. Forging for me is a great way to help bootstrap the network and build the community.

NRP is a welcome reward to the loyal few who have stuck around and kept their nodes running. I have purchased more XCR at these crazy prices and fully intend to give back as much as I possibly can to the community, in the form of small projects like CryptiKit.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 12:06:53 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 12:39:00 PM by 5000Bitcoins

Hi Karma!!

Lets be honest: roadmaps, ballparks, ETAs are all bullshit really. The team have been crystal clear about what they are working on now, the hurdles in front of them and what they are aiming to achieve. Any other project would have crashed and burned severely by now. The way in which Grexx and the team have guided the project through uncertain times has been exemplary.

Maybe, but a ballpark is cool if you cannot provide an ETA. because curiosity. when I ask my doctor, when I'll be well again I know he can't know for sure.
But sure enough I would like to know if we're talking 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years even if it's bullshit because "you'll be well when I'll be well" much like "it will be released when it is" isn't all that satisfying. (kinda shitty example but you catch my drift.)

It has been mentioned many times. What is the point of wasting time and money on marketing when the project is not ready for it. I'm sure the time will come when marketing aggressively outside and within our tiny little crypto bubble will make sense.

I disagree.. I don't think circumstances has to be perfect to start marketing and I think there is some stuff that could easily be marketed in it's current form aswell as create some anticipation and marketing for upcoming releases so people know what's coming out, but agreed it's been mentioned why many times so I'll leave it at that

Have to disagree. Considering the source code is currently closed. The team have been as open as possible about the algorithms involved. One particular post by BitSeed (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654463.msg9419819#msg9419819) got me very excited! I've spent several hours studying the maths behind it all, and I personally love this kind of technical discussion.

I agree the PoT has been thoroughly covered! Custom chains? I don't know so much about it but they'll cover it soon I think.
I had a question about comparing Node to other types of coding is something I have been asking for months because I am not a tech guy so I don't get it.
so I just want to know the pros and cons between writing in Node.js vs other projects.
Maybe say a few words on why this code is better than other source codes, in a way where it does not give away anything.

NRP is working great for me. A small but steady income spread evenly across my nodes. I am using CryptiKit (https://github.com/karmacoma/cryptikit) to deploy and manage my nodes very effectively. It is open source and anyone can use it. In fact I have been using the surplus withdrawal feature to consolidate my forged XCR into new nodes. Forging for me is a great way to help bootstrap the network and build the community.

NRP is a welcome reward to the loyal few who have stuck around and kept their nodes running. I have purchased more XCR at these crazy prices and fully intend to give back as much as I possibly can to the community, in the form of small projects like CryptiKit.

Ah I see I must be very unlucky atm  Smiley Will let you know when I forge something.. how many blocks you get on an average?

Also I realise maybe my critisism might be considered as harsh but not meant as such.
Like I previously mentioned I am not much for commenting on good things but rather focus on what can be better thats all

smoohaha

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 01:52:59 PM

I quoted this from many pages back and seemed to got lost and ignored. I am still having this problem. Anybody else use windows wallet successfully? Every single time I use my window wallet to send it makes 2 confirmations then resets to 0 confirms and repeats over and over in a loop. After some hours if I log out and back in then my balance returns to the original as if I never attempted the send. I've done this many times. I've tried it on windows 7, 8, and 2 laptops with 8.1. My windows wallet shows the correct blocks and when Bter sends me xcr the window wallet shows the correct balance. Its just all send attempts fail. Please this is obvious very important. Anybody else uses window wallet successfully?

I'm using the Windows wallet. It seems to be working in that I received successfully some xcr from bter. But when I try to send to another account after 1 or 2 confirmations the synchronizing block message flashes in the bottom and then the confirmation for that transaction resets to zero. Then it starts over again getting 1 to 2 confirms and then resetting back to no confirms. Eventually after checking back later in the day or next day the transaction disappears and the xcr are returned as if it never happened. So my received xcr from bter shows up on my windows wallet and checks out with the blockchain explorer. But any sends using windows wallet never go through and never shows in the blockchain explorer.

Could it be you're sending it to Cryptsy/Poloniex accounts? They ain't updated to latest network yet

I am sending to another xcr account of mine. But I suspect it wouldn't matter who I sent to. Seems my windows wallet doesn't send properly. I'm on a fork? If I am why does my bter withdrawal show up correctly in my windows wallet which matches blockchain explorer records. But all sends from my wallet are never properly confirmed and eventually go away and blockchain explorer has no acknowledgement they existed.

Do you have version 7?

Version 6 had a forking problem that was fixed in version 7.  Now the node checks for forks every other block and fixes the blockchain.  If  either of your wallets is version 6, you need to update them.

Only Bter is on the new wallet, as 5000 explained.  We are waiting for Cryptsy and Polo to update.  They have been contacted numerous times and asked  to do so.

I'm using 0.1.7. I just did another send as a test and now over 10 minutes no confirms. Something wrong on my end.
Pages: « 1 ... 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 [412] 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: