Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:14:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 [573] 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984384 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gaazje

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 12:42:26 PM

I'd have no problem with having him back at all.

Agreed

░▒▓█ / / /X42/ / / WELCOME TO FEELESS FUTURE! █▓▒░
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 12:44:03 PM

It would be nice to see him comment after launch.  But over all it is still better if he no longer tries to take any key position.  Even though I would personally like to see him back, it would definitely lead to us getting trolled pretty hard.  He is such an easy target for trolls to pick on, flame, and try to fight.  

Even a single comment under the UP name could start a real storm.

BitZCoin

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 12:56:20 PM

It would be nice to see him comment after launch.  But over all it is still better if he no longer tries to take any key position.  Even though I would personally like to see him back, it would definitely lead to us getting trolled pretty hard.  He is such an easy target for trolls to pick on, flame, and try to fight.  

No, I want to be him in a key position. At least, with the chance to get back in a key position, as it is for our alls best. We are NEM. No tolerance, you know. We are moving the world to be a better place! At least, a social place. And that's what I'm seeing in him! I'm sure, he won't disappoint me.

Here it is: TakePart!
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:16:46 PM

No, I want to be him in a key position. At least, with the chance to get back in a key position, as it is for our alls best. We are NEM. No tolerance, you know. We are moving the world to be a better place! At least, a social place. And that's what I'm seeing in him! I'm sure, he won't disappoint me.

Are you UF? lol

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
BitZCoin

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 01:18:22 PM

Are you UF? lol

Haha, no!
But I'm for our best! Smiley

vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:22:50 PM

imho UF is here with diffrent forum profile name.

He has plenty accounts opened in january & february 2014

He was big believer in NEM , no way he is not here , he is just using another profile name . No need for him to come back with his old name , because it could have negative attention to NEM from trolls. Wink
BitZCoin

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 01:37:16 PM

your eagerness to have UP back comes across to me as a total lack of faith in current management. You also fail to see the very negative effects of him coming back which jabo outlined nicely. Yes he was a good leader but he was also one big massive single point of failure....
Yeah, may you could see it as a few of a total lack in the faith of our current management. But there simply just is no management. Also like I said, I don't care about subjective opinions. I want to see a movement.
And there is just no leader so far. But that's what we'll need. Also a direction. There are no negative effects, as we are no coin, but social. Also steve jobs was pleased to get back in his position, by apple that time.
We are social, we are no coin. There is no reason to apologize for anything.

Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:38:39 PM

Please stop pushing it. It won´t happen anyway. You just ruin NEMs reputation right now.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
BitZCoin

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 01:39:59 PM

Please stop pushing it. It won´t happen anyway. You just ruin NEMs reputation right now.

There's no reputation, as all of you guys just think about the BTT. Sry for that, but that's the truth. Think huge, get bigger. That's what it is!

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 01:50:29 PM

February is coming
We need newsletter about launch time of nemStill nothing these is not good
BitZCoin

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 02:08:37 PM

your eagerness to have UP back comes across to me as a total lack of faith in current management. You also fail to see the very negative effects of him coming back which jabo outlined nicely. Yes he was a good leader but he was also one big massive single point of failure....
Yeah, may you could see it as a few of a total lack in the faith of our current management. But there simply just is no management. Also like I said, I don't care about subjective opinions. I want to see a movement.
And there is just no leader so far. But that's what we'll need. Also a direction. There are no negative effects, as we are no coin, but social. Also steve jobs was pleased to get back in his position, by apple that time.
We are social, we are no coin. There is no reason to apologize for anything.

ok im just going to be blunt here.

if you think there is no management.. who the hell kept nem going after UP left? just because we dont have a defined leader does not mean we dont have management..

your not just displaying a lack of faith now your being out right offensive to everyone who has helped organise things since UP's departure.

if "we are social".. since when do social collectives have a leader? generally social groups are based on equality and co-operation. so if "we are social" then things are being run exactly as they should be. and steve jobs was the CEO of an international company, not a decentralised crypto platform - management of apple and management of nem are not comparable in any way what so ever.

please just give it a rest before you offend the current management or the devs even more.. as good as a leader as he was, and as much as some people want him back, UP isnt coming back and thats just something your going to have to live with.

can we please put an end to this now?

I don't care about your guys saying. I'm right, there is no better argument for that. I won't complain, as it is for our alls best. That's what it is. Think about it

Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:19:49 PM

There's no reputation, as all of you guys just think about the BTT. Sry for that, but that's the truth. Think huge, get bigger. That's what it is!

Alright, looks like you have some problems, but there is no reason to fill this thread with it.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
gd_kuaile

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:00:08 PM

There is no need to talk about whether let UP come back or not in this thread, stop it please.
Open a voting thread if you want that.
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 03:12:40 PM

There is no need to talk about whether let UP come back or not in this thread, stop it please.
Open a voting thread if you want that.

Speaking of polls.  We recently had one about whether to spell Proof-of-Importance as PoI or POI.  And the winner is........ https://forum.nemcoin.com/general-discussion/should-it-be-poi-or-poi-please-vote/

24 votes isn't all that great, but really this is a decision that most of the community probably doesn't feel that passionately about. 

zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:22:59 PM

if you think there is no management.. who the hell kept nem going after UP left? just because we dont have a defined leader does not mean we dont have management..

your not just displaying a lack of faith now your being out right offensive to everyone who has helped organise things since UP's departure.

if "we are social".. since when do social collectives have a leader? generally social groups are based on equality and co-operation. so if "we are social" then things are being run exactly as they should be. and steve jobs was the CEO of an international company, not a decentralised crypto platform - management of apple and management of nem are not comparable in any way what so ever.

please just give it a rest before you offend the current management or the devs even more.. as good as a leader as he was, and as much as some people want him back, UP isnt coming back and thats just something your going to have to live with.

It's much better to have several developers running a project than to have one project/marketing guy.  If UP sockpuppets had come out after launch, the project would be dead.
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 03:27:18 PM

It's much better to have several developers running a project than to have one project/marketing guy.  If UP sockpuppets had come out after launch, the project would be dead.

I also think it is being run and it is better that the whole UP thing is far far in the past and NEM has become completely different since then. 

Also, I am not sure that people realize just exactly how much effort it takes to build a new platform from scratch, get such a large stake holder list and manage so many other aspects of this project. 

It really is quite a feat.

zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:31:21 PM

One thing I would like to really know is how NEM is going to outpace projects like Nxt.  Nxt seems like it's in very active development and has a really strong developer community.  I understand NEM has a large stakeholder list, many of whom are inactive, but I'd like to know what NEM will offer over Nxt.  It's not enough to have 3k stakeholders, that's miniscule and irrelevant in the big picture, you need to offer unique features and innovative projects to really grow a community.  Otherwise you'll have a "get rich quick" community, which is the worse.  POI is an exciting feature, but POS has shown that people don't care about better protocols.
marcoman22

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:33:21 PM

NEM has changed so much with in a year.
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 03:46:16 PM

One thing I would like to really know is how NEM is going to outpace projects like Nxt.  Nxt seems like it's in very active development and has a really strong developer community.  I understand NEM has a large stakeholder list, many of whom are inactive, but I'd like to know what NEM will offer over Nxt.  It's not enough to have 3k stakeholders, that's miniscule and irrelevant in the big picture, you need to offer unique features and innovative projects to really grow a community.  Otherwise you'll have a "get rich quick" community, which is the worse.  POI is an exciting feature, but POS has shown that people don't care about better protocols.

As far as I know NXT has 4-5 main devs and NEM has 5.  NXT has about 5-10 secondary developers depending about how you classify them.  NEM right now might have 3-4 secondary devs, if that.  That being said, I think the numbers for secondary devs for NEM and hopefully main devs for NEM will grow substantially after launch.  While NEM has released an API for the NIS and the NCC is open-sourced completely, I think secondary devs are holding back for launch to start working and this is very understandable on their part. 

This team is very focused too where as NXT is very fragmented.  If you want proof, look at their roadmap.  NXT is in some ways the most advanced crypto, but I do think that NEM will also not only become very advanced, but will be able to address things that NXT hasn't.   

marcoman22

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 03:52:47 PM

NEM has the active devs than the NXT.
Pages: « 1 ... 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 [573] 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: