Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:26:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 [581] 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984117 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 08:37:15 AM

New block chain with version 5.54 (standalone version) ? Empty wallet ?? Instructions needed!

Hi yabit,

yes 0.5.4 started a new chain. Delete the nem folder and install the new version. Create a new wallet and ask for some nem Smiley

Bloody Rookie

Can I have some NEMzzz please?

Sent some.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 09:09:32 AM

In case you haven't seen it yet, jabo38s wrote up a great tutorial/guide on how to use multisig over on the official NEM forums.

If you are wondering how to get started with multisig or are confused about how it works, this should tell you everything you need to know!

https://forum.nemcoin.com/general-discussion/how-to-use-multisig-on-nem-guide/

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 09:30:16 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2015, 12:30:59 PM by jabo38

Here is a guide to answering a lot of the questions you might have about NEM multisig.

Thank you to Mixmaster for helping me clear up some points.  

Old wallets and passwords from previous versions of NEM prior to 0.5.4 should be discarded.  They won't work well with this update.  If you have any problems getting NEM started, please read here for more information about trouble shooting. https://forum.nemcoin.com/beta-launch-discussion/nem-beta-0-5-4/

Once you log in, you can see the name of your wallet in the top right hand corner.  Your actual account (seen on the top left side) does not have a label yet, you can create one if you wish by going into Address Book.  It is not necessary to label an account, but I like to do so for clarity.

To label an account in the address book, copy the account number, click on Address Book, and then click “Add contact”.

Next fill in the account number, private label, and wallet password.  You will find that your account has now been labeled.

Ask somebody to send you some XEM to your account number, or send some to yourself. https://forum.nemcoin.com/beta-launch-discussion/post-your-nem-0-5-4-beta-address-here-to-receive-test-xem/

On the top left of your screen next to your account number you can see a gear icon, please click there and choose the option “Create New Account”.  You can later use this account to be a cosigner on your new multi-sig account.  Please create as many new accounts as you want to be cosigners.

An important aspect of the NEM multsig feature is that the account that initializes the multsig loses its ability to send transactions.  So from that time on it is no longer possible to send a transaction from that account.

In the following example Alice has decided to make her account a multisig account.  She has added her three sons to the account.  Each son is named Bob.

So now in this example I have clicked on the gear icon and clicked “Create New Account” three times to make accounts for the three Bob’s.  I will go ahead and label them in the address book for clarity.  (When making new accounts, always be sure to back up the private key.  In the NEM test net this feature is not possible, but it has already been activated in the Beta for release with real NEM and can be explored by going to the gear icon on the upper left of the screen and clicking “Create Real Account Data” )

Luckily for Alice, she can see that somebody has given her 100,000 XEM.  Since this is a lot, she definitely will go ahead and stick the XEM into a multisig account.

Within a few second’s from a third party sending Alice XEM her NEM client will show she has received a deposit, but it will be labeled as pending.  She has to wait at least 0 confirmations before she can now set up multisig because the XEM deposit hasn’t yet been confirmed by a block.  

To make a multisig account Alice clicks on the gear icon on the upper left of the screen and then clicks on “Convert to multisig”.  She knows by doing this, she will lose all power to send XEM from this account and now only the cosigners will be able to send.

She then adds addresses for the three Bob’s.
TAIEQJ-GSQRGN-RPRZ3H-QD3V4R-H3LDMK-XTE4MN-SULO
TA3LJL-IHIA2G-JAO22W-YA66PP-G5HP7M-NQZD6H-R34J
TA6IKW-YHPDD4-7HDBDH-7XCNQD-BRSAVR-S6UGDC-DVPD

We can see that NEM recognizes the labels of these accounts if they have been written down in the address book.   (When you click convert, the box should close on its own but it doesn’t.  This is a bug in this version and will be fixed in the next version.  Please wait a few seconds and close it manually.)

We can now see that Alice’s account has been turned into a multisig account designated by a paper clip icon.  She can still log in and out of this account, read her messages, check her transactions, receive new deposits, but she no longer can send out XEM.  If she tries NEM will remind her that it is not possible to send on accounts that have multisig enabled.

Instead now whenever Alice wants to send a transaction, the Bob’s will have to help her.  Any Bob can start and then the other two will need to sign it.  In this version of NEM all cosigners must sign, but in future versions this will be adjustable.  (e.g. 2 out of 3 have to sign, or 5 out of 9, or any other combination)

In this case Bob A has decided to send money to Chester D from Alice’s account.  After he clicks “send NEM”, and next he will need to choose Alice’s account.  He needs to click on the arrow on the right side of the box in the section labeled Sender.  He is going to send Chester 100 XEM and so after picking Alice’s account, he can click send.  

We can now see that Bob A has a pending transaction that is labeled with an “M” for multisig.  

If we go and look at Bob B’s or Bob C’s account, it will look a little different.  There will be a request on their dashboard to “sign” the transaction. Until both Bob B and Bob C sign the transaction, Chester will not receive the XEM.  

While Alice cannot sign, she can see that a transaction has been started and can monitor its progress.  

Once it clears Chester can now see that he has received 100 XEM.  The transaction states that it came from Bob A and not Alice because Bob A was the one that initiated the transaction.  

Once all Bob’s have signed Alice will be able to see clearly that she has not only paid money to Chester but has also paid the transaction fees.  

A version with bigger pictures can be found at https://forum.nemcoin.com/general-discussion/how-to-use-multisig-on-nem-guide/

luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 09:44:46 AM

man i need to take ritalin before reading something that long  Smiley
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 10:38:44 AM

man i need to take ritalin before reading something that long  Smiley

It is perfect after Ritalin.  Lots and lots of pics and almost no words.  hahaha

cryptoconomist

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 01:43:40 PM

Can we claim our stake now?
amytheplanarshift

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 01:45:32 PM

Not NOW, but as soon as we finish beta testing multisig which hopefully will not take too much longer.

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 01:52:34 PM

Not NOW, but as soon as we finish beta testing multisig which hopefully will not take too much longer.

For the record - you have been able to CLAIM for months now. Actually recieving NEM is a different story. That will happen at launch.

boestin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:15:53 PM

This is actually a milestone in NEM history!  If, and I have no doubt about it, multisig betatesting will go as planned, a bright future awaits for the launch of NEM.

Great work devs and ofcourse: Great work to the many people who are involved!
amytheplanarshift

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:16:52 PM

For the record - you have been able to CLAIM for months now. Actually recieving NEM is a different story. That will happen at launch.

Oh yeah, that is true. I assume he means actually receiving NEM though.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 09:59:10 PM

Hey guys, any news about the launch??
Thanks
MrPortMan

Activity: 616

TEZOS

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 11:49:23 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2015, 04:32:47 AM by MrPortMan

Some NEM please Smiley

I found a bug :

If at Create New Wallet there where to specify by Name of your wallet something from two words, or between words there will be some sign, for example a point, then there will be difficulties with such account. Therefore it isn't recommended to enter a name and a surname at creation, dividing a gap. Or a name and a surname, between them putting an end. It is better to specify in Name of your wallet only figures. For example 014578. Because if you will enter a name or a nickname in which there is a gap or my Mr.PortMan nickname (sometimes I put an end) is divided by a point, for example as, you will lose an account.

Now as soon as didn't try to rename two files with the .wlt expansions and (new) with the .abd expansion - that it is impossible. The account for some reason can't translate coins. Now the obligatory requirement to store both files with these expansions. If .abd is lost, or at creation in the column Name of your wallet to put something from two words, or between words there will be some sign, for example a point, or a gap, access to such account will be impossible then, or is possible, at different combinations of renaming of these two files with the .wlt and .abd expansions, but it won't allow to translate coins any more. There will be an error of type it is impossible to contact the wallet file or it is impossible to contact the address book file.

So be attentive, at an institution we specify in Name of your wallet only figure and any points and gaps. Coins are lost, it is a pity Undecided

Here such first bug found. I will look for further. And as coins those all are lost which to me sent before, it is possible to send still here to this new address (TABDE4-SOSLXV-BQW4CH-ZDKHNC-WG7V6C-GXV2X3-3OO3) which was already got correctly where only figures were specified in Name of your wallet.

Original here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455591.msg10350739#msg10350739

Tezos address : KT1PPmJn9ZfVUSp6VDv92S7epKdZoU1cHV5f
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 01:54:53 AM

With development of the (DAC) distributed autonomous organization NEM will be able to provide to people a free econemic zone. A certain analog of the offshore, only without the central power and the central levers of pressure in the crypto environment. Many world autonomous companies will be officially registered then not in the USA, not on Belize or BVI, and in NEM. The decentralized NEM network will become world financial center, the world offshore house for many companies and corporations working worldwide. Tools for conducting the international business in process of development of NEM will appear. Multisig it only first step. It will be more interesting further if developers take the main priority to do a network for people and first of all for the international business. Creating various convenient instruments of management.

In order to do that, we need to establish a framework first. It is not easy to establish a framework. We need to translate real world processes and frameworks into this - minus centralization - and made more efficient. It is a massive thing to do.

You want to be the Chairman? International Trade and Finance Decentralization Caucus. Wink
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 01:58:51 AM

Thanks

If everybody test vigorously and there are no hiccups, I should say latest by Mid-March. So, the launch depends on these tests and feedback.
patmast3r

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 07:30:32 AM

Some NEM please Smiley

I found a bug :

If at Create New Wallet there where to specify by Name of your wallet something from two words, or between words there will be some sign, for example a point, then there will be difficulties with such account. Therefore it isn't recommended to enter a name and a surname at creation, dividing a gap. Or a name and a surname, between them putting an end. It is better to specify in Name of your wallet only figures. For example 014578. Because if you will enter a name or a nickname in which there is a gap or my Mr.PortMan nickname (sometimes I put an end) is divided by a point, for example as, you will lose an account.

Now as soon as didn't try to rename two files with the .wlt expansions and (new) with the .abd expansion - that it is impossible. The account for some reason can't translate coins. Now the obligatory requirement to store both files with these expansions. If .abd is lost, or at creation in the column Name of your wallet to put something from two words, or between words there will be some sign, for example a point, or a gap, access to such account will be impossible then, or is possible, at different combinations of renaming of these two files with the .wlt and .abd expansions, but it won't allow to translate coins any more. There will be an error of type it is impossible to contact the wallet file or it is impossible to contact the address book file.

So be attentive, at an institution we specify in Name of your wallet only figure and any points and gaps. Coins are lost, it is a pity Undecided

Here such first bug found. I will look for further. And as coins those all are lost which to me sent before, it is possible to send still here to this new address (TABDE4-SOSLXV-BQW4CH-ZDKHNC-WG7V6C-GXV2X3-3OO3) which was already got correctly where only figures were specified in Name of your wallet.

Original here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455591.msg10350739#msg10350739

If you find such things please log an issue on github https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient/issues.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:01:52 AM

Thanks

If everybody test vigorously and there are no hiccups, I should say latest by Mid-March. So, the launch depends on these tests and feedback.

Damn guys, I am not trying to be negative but this is really taking a while. I kind a regret claiming my stake, when I claimed my stake it was worth 3 BTC and about a 1000$, now it is worth 2,2 BTC and about 500$. I could have managed this money in other direction without loosing this much of value.

Again, I admire a progress that you are making but this just hurts, this "deadliness" of my money!
Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 11:44:55 AM

Thanks

Damn guys, I am not trying to be negative but this is really taking a while. I kind a regret claiming my stake, when I claimed my stake it was worth 3 BTC and about a 1000$, now it is worth 2,2 BTC and about 500$. I could have managed this money in other direction without loosing this much of value.

Again, I admire a progress that you are making but this just hurts, this "deadliness" of my money!

Yeah that pretty much sucks. Latest for mid-march??? WTF. No more freakin delays.

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
patmast3r

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:58:37 AM

Thanks

Yeah that pretty much sucks. Latest for mid-march??? WTF. No more freakin delays.

And that is an estimate. Maybe it's latter who knows. Every date that is official given are estimates - as stated 10000 times - so there are no delays. There are just estimates that didn't pan out.

amytheplanarshift

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 12:40:00 PM

Thanks

If you are worried about the value in BTC/fiat then I think you are thinking about NEM the wrong way.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 01:04:56 PM

Thanks

Like Rome was built in one day?
Pages: « 1 ... 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 [581] 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: