Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:43:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 [583] 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 08:29:19 PM

Kodtycoon has been a huge contributor but we have seen multiple examples of mistake "posts" where apologies were warrented in other threads/forums

Multiple times?

Only once ever have I had to apologies for a post and I did so profusely the second I realised I was in the wrong.

Please don't blow this out of proportion because you are frustrated.

In relation to your last edit, it was realistic, but then the claim rate of stakes was so pour that launch had to be held off until multisig was ready, not to mention that testing wasn't happening at a satisfactory level by the community so the community is just as much to blame for delays as others.

I provided examples that were requested. I disagree with your blame on the community but that is where we will have to agree to disagree. My question is can you as a representative of NEM say you are more confident in a March launch date then the official December date?

I just spent like 30 minutes typing out as detailed of responses as I could give to you about all the questions you had. At this point I don't think there is much more I can add but you still do not seem satisfied in the answers you have received.

As for professionalism, I really hope I am being as friendly and polite as possible. If you have felt negatively about anything I have said, I apologize. I can only answer your questions to the best of my ability.

Thank you for your response. Smiley

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 08:46:27 PM

Kodtycoon has been a huge contributor but we have seen multiple examples of mistake "posts" where apologies were warrented in other threads/forums

Multiple times?

Only once ever have I had to apologies for a post and I did so profusely the second I realised I was in the wrong.

Please don't blow this out of proportion because you are frustrated.

In relation to your last edit, it was realistic, but then the claim rate of stakes was so pour that launch had to be held off until multisig was ready, not to mention that testing wasn't happening at a satisfactory level by the community so the community is just as much to blame for delays as others.

I provided examples that were requested. I disagree with your blame on the community but that is where we will have to agree to disagree. My question is can you as a representative of NEM say you are more confident in a March launch date then the official December date?

Well then I was a bad example.. You cant use the fact that I  made one post which I apologized for as an example of continued "unprofessionalism".

I wouldnt consider myself a "representative" of nem to be honest but for the sake of argument I am more confident. But how confident I am about launch is absolutely no representation of when nem will actually launch . When it comes to when we are going to launch I know just about as much as everyone else thats asking.

Thank you for your response. Some humility in the future will certainly pay off in the professionalism aspect. You are part of the NEM team according to the OP. As a representative of any movement/company I would expect you to be professional at all times. I have witnessed you in other threads insulting other coins/threads and even discussing your bowel movements and such. All while having a NEM signature and being listed on the OP as n official member of this movement. You would not get away with this in a legitimate business and you should be more considerate of the Movement you represent. That was my only point. Smiley

Glad to hear that this March date is the real deal. I am very excited... again. Thank you for your reply.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 10:48:43 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2015, 10:58:53 PM by xtester

dandruff1138, some interesting thoughts you have there. On the one hand it seems like you have it all figured out, on the other, the picture looks quite unlike the real one.

To be honest I can appreciate your concerns but please bare in mind that there are some critical things you have to understand about what's being done here. NEM is an organic project, an experiment of sorts in which we test the validity of the decentralization idea and the bottom-up hypothesis while at the same time attempting to build something novel and innovative. The group of people working and contributing to NEM have come to do so through a self-selecting mechanism which ensures that the highest contributors gradually receive a more important position which enables them to contribute even more. Unfortunately there was not enough time for our mechanism to optimize for professionalism, instead it optimized for two of the most important things NEM needs: 1)people who get things done and 2)people we can count on. This is where Pat, Kod, myself and a lot of others come in. However, since this mechanism works through trial and error it is inevitable that you'll be able to find mistakes if that's what you're looking for, but trust me, along with the dev team these guys have put an immense amount of work in this project. This is why they're here, and not surprisingly, to some extent this is why NEM keeps moving forward. Having said that, we do understand there's a part for professionalism and constantly strive for improvement and appreciate thoughtful feedback.

In any case, there is a lot of room for people who really want to help and can do things. This is NEM, remember? This is the economy where you can help solve the problems. It all depends on you... and everybody else here.  Wink
Thingamajig

Activity: 497

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 10:59:05 PM

In any case, there is a lot of room for people who really want to help and can do things. This is NEM, remember? This is the economy where you can help to solve the problems. It all depends on you... and everybody else here.  Wink

Give me the word and i'm ready to support nem as much as i can. Gunna get me some banana's and servers set up to help support the network on release.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:07:27 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2015, 11:29:46 PM by Mickeyb

I won't quote anymore because the posts are getting extremely long.

But let me address your concerns about the estimated dates not being met for several times.

I understand that is frustrating and confusing. Everyone is excited about launch, and when the date comes that launch was targeted to happen and another delay hits... it's really frustrating for everyone.

The thing is, there is really nothing that can be done about this. Either the devs do not give any sort of estimate at all and force everyone to wait in the dark until the day of launch happens as a surprise, or they try and give estimates and risk potential community disappoint when those estimated targets are not hit.

Software development, especially of this nature, is extremely complex. The devs are trying to give as realistic of an estimate as possible, but I cannot convey enough how difficult it is to actually meet a target deadline when it comes to developing such complicated software. An unforeseen bug can cause serious delays, and that is nobody's fault. The devs are not robots; they will make mistakes. That is why the core of NEM must be tested carefully and thoroughly before launch. Launching with a critical bug in the core code could literally mean the end of NEM.

It is unrealistic to expect the devs to be able to say "we are launching on such and such date" and force them to adhere to that. Can we agree on that?

Basically it comes down to the fact that you can't make everyone happy. If no estimated target dates were ever set, people would complain that they are being left in the dark. If a date is set and missed, which is highly likely in software development, people will complain. There simply is no way to make every single person in the community happy when it comes to the launch date.

All that I can say is that it will happen when it happens. Right now, as far as I can tell, things are looking good with multisig and no critical bugs have been reported that I know of. So as of right now, at the very latest, a release by March seems likely. But again, I am no dev nor do I have any inside knowledge of how the beta testing is going so I am in no way a definitive source.

I think that NEMs huge problem is that it wasn't launched in November before the current BTC slaughter and all ongoing ALT slaughter. I know, you might tell how NEM wasn't ready, multisig wasn't ready etc.. and I agree with this, but I think huge opportunity has been passed. Crypto is in a big slump and it will take time for it to get out of this slump. Problem with NEM is that will be launched in the midst of the crypto storm crisis.

Look at NXT, they are constantly delivering but the price is plummeting and trust me, there is not even that many whales unloading at the moment. You might say how NXT is worst than NEM but I don't agree, feature wise it will take NEM a good year of development to catch up its bigger brother. I have read a prediction somewhere how in 2015, 80% of ALTs will loose 80% of value. I think this is exactly happening and keeping this in mind, NEM is just coming at the bad moment.

And just to add, this is why I am pissed by all the delays since my claimed stake is now stuck. In the crypto world, investment climate is changing very fast. What seemed good in October doesn't seem that good in February.
Blas

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:08:50 PM

Official launch and distribution of real NEM         - raw estimate: February 2015

Please can you let us know when? Will you send us an email?
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:13:17 PM

Official launch and distribution of real NEM         - raw estimate: February 2015

Hopefully the dev team will be able to post some updates during the following days. In any case, we will send messages, post on twitter and facebook as well as medium, and use all our channels to let people know when it's ready.
Blas

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:46:11 PM

Hopefully the dev team will be able to post some updates during the following days. In any case, we will send messages, post on twitter and facebook as well as medium, and use all our channels to let people know when it's ready.

Thanks, I think its better not to be in a hurry and make NEM much more better and not launch it yet at this time all is a bad situation and its better to launch in better times, launching now will make NEM get deep down in misery, don't you  agree?
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:27:08 AM

The launch of NEM should hopefully change the crypto landscape in the middle of such a slump.
All the $^%tcoins will die off and we will see them all dumped in exchange for high quality crypto investments such as NXT and NEM.
In turn BTC volume will increase as people buy BTC to exchange for such currencies.

LTC will also die a slow death.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 01:15:47 AM

dandruff1138, some interesting thoughts you have there. On the one hand it seems like you have it all figured out, on the other, the picture looks quite unlike the real one.

To be honest I can appreciate your concerns but please bare in mind that there are some critical things you have to understand about what's being done here. NEM is an organic project, an experiment of sorts in which we test the validity of the decentralization idea and the bottom-up hypothesis while at the same time attempting to build something novel and innovative. The group of people working and contributing to NEM have come to do so through a self-selecting mechanism which ensures that the highest contributors gradually receive a more important position which enables them to contribute even more. Unfortunately there was not enough time for our mechanism to optimize for professionalism, instead it optimized for two of the most important things NEM needs: 1)people who get things done and 2)people we can count on. This is where Pat, Kod, myself and a lot of others come in. However, since this mechanism works through trial and error it is inevitable that you'll be able to find mistakes if that's what you're looking for, but trust me, along with the dev team these guys have put an immense amount of work in this project. This is why they're here, and not surprisingly, to some extent this is why NEM keeps moving forward. Having said that, we do understand there's a part for professionalism and constantly strive for improvement and appreciate thoughtful feedback.

In any case, there is a lot of room for people who really want to help and can do things. This is NEM, remember? This is the economy where you can help solve the problems. It all depends on you... and everybody else here.  Wink

xTester you never fail to disappoint,

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 02:31:18 AM

Some people do not want a not polished job. More help and less mourn

Even there are errors on nem 0.5.4
https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient/issues

A salute to the team nem.

Thanks to everyone who has filed issues.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 02:47:21 AM

Coins come back, transaction is cancelled. On that it and a full consent of all parties who signs. Transaction can be cancelled depending on time. That who the initiator of the translation, it determines time. After this time transaction is cancelled if though one of all parties didn't sign.

There is one minus. If between people there is a dispute, or the conflict, because of one all can remain out-of-pocket. Therefore as in addition, it is necessary to make some functions that it was possible to carry out transaction on a majority of votes. From so community, and in the future the NEM fund, can get stuck because of someone. Well for example the person will gain the confidence, will become the signer, and will arrange diversions then not with signers. And you won't do anything with it. Therefore it is necessary to construct the tool between all signers on the basis of vote that there was an opportunity to exclude some signer who harms. And here already there will be a vote on the majority. But in vote some threshold of people that they took vote but not will be necessary so someone one took vote and all threw out from signers and then all coins tidied up to the hands. There has to be a threshold from 75% to 85% obligatory. Here personally now I give value to a threshold of 75%. That 7 or 8 people from 10 could take such vote, so to speak the minimum threshold for acceptance of results on an occasion deprive of someone a right to sign.

Developers need to study all these moments. After all in the sphere crypto and furthermore here decentralization, many unpleasant moments are possible and to us it is necessary to learn to expect them in advance.

Original here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455591.msg10358423#msg10358423

This post has a lot of great insight. I think once we have m of n multisig, it will solve this potential problem and help to realize some amazing possibilities w.r.t. the creation of DAOs.  Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 03:00:35 AM

Quite a few walls of text on this thread recently  Shocked

NEM will launch when it is ready. We are still finding bugs (just check out https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient/issues to see some of the issues we need to deal with) and doing numerous things that are needed for launch. All of the devs are pretty busy, so we are trying to spend more time working on NEM than trolling BTT  Wink

The launch of real NEM is of course important, but you don't have to wait until launch to get involved. NEM is not only about XEM (the coin), but about creating a decentralized platform to enable people to reach their full potential. We want to empower everyone by creating an environment where people will have equality of opportunity. Money is a quantization of human life, as we all convert our time into money by working (well, most of us, anyway). By removing barriers and empowering the flow of money and information, NEM will empower individuals to do some amazing things. I just hope people use this freedom to make the world a better place.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 03:04:08 AM

https://twitter.com/nemcoin will have the latest news  Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:36:40 AM

Is March a realistic launch date?

Will we see a more professional culture from those involved with NEM in the future?

Those are my current questions.

Only realistic dates are being given as estimates. So yes, march is realisitc.

What that has been done so far do you consider unprofessional ?

Well you even admitted yourself as being unprofessional and "shitty" on the NEM Forum, where all the "serious" discussion takes place. You also then claimed to not be a formal member of the team, but you are listed as a "Marketer/helper" on the OP, like it or not you are a representative of NEM, and some of the replies I have seen from you on forums if you were representing a business, you more than likely would no longer be employed by that business

Yes I did and I stand by that. I also couldn't aggree more that xtester is the model NEMster.
2 things though. 1 - I've only been unprofessional on forums. Never have I represented NEM to an outsider in a an unprofessional maner. You gotta realize that this is btt. This is where trolls go to die and the worst kind of people gather around. I'm not going to take all the shit from clowns that think they can get away with anything just because they're anonymous. I have to be above that if I'm communicating officially for NEM but not when I'm talking to a troll who couldn't see a serious project if it bit him in the ass. Granted - people may disagree with that approach but that leads me to my second point. After launch I will not have that same role anymore. Once redemption is over I'll have done my "official" part and be just another member of the community. I'll keep supporting NEM and I'll stay active but I won't represent NEM in any way shape or form. None of the people that are mentioned in the OP (except core devs obviously) actually intended to be somehow officially part of the NEM team. Like xtester said - they just got things done.

And here's another thing I want everyone to think about.

Most people come here with their demands and expectations. Think about what happend so far when the devs asked you guys todo something for them.
People were asked to test the alpha. What happend ? The testnet was practically deserted which is why many problems were only discovered in BETA which also led to delays in launch.
People were asked to vote for NEM on hitbtc.com. Pathetic clone coins got more votes because the communtiy couldn't even get their asses up to klick a link once a day. Thankfully people with brains that work on exchanges saw the potential in NEM and actually approached us to work with them to add NEM (and ofc xtester did a fantastic job in contacting further exchanges and service providers).
You guys may see reason to be dissapointed by the devs but they have just as much reason to be dissapointed in you or rather a big part of the community.
There is a huge movement of great people growing on telegram. Those people have gotten more done in 2 months than the entire community has in the last year. BTT is just the necessary evil we have to deal with for the time being. You wanna help NEM and are excited about the project ? Join the official channels and best ignore btt.

luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:59:36 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2015, 10:41:03 AM by luckygenough56

I think that NEMs huge problem is that it wasn't launched in November before the current BTC slaughter and all ongoing ALT slaughter. I know, you might tell how NEM wasn't ready, multisig wasn't ready etc.. and I agree with this, but I think huge opportunity has been passed. Crypto is in a big slump and it will take time for it to get out of this slump. Problem with NEM is that will be launched in the midst of the crypto storm crisis.

Look at NXT, they are constantly delivering but the price is plummeting and trust me, there is not even that many whales unloading at the moment. You might say how NXT is worst than NEM but I don't agree, feature wise it will take NEM a good year of development to catch up its bigger brother. I have read a prediction somewhere how in 2015, 80% of ALTs will loose 80% of value. I think this is exactly happening and keeping this in mind, NEM is just coming at the bad moment.

And just to add, this is why I am pissed by all the delays since my claimed stake is now stuck. In the crypto world, investment climate is changing very fast. What seemed good in October doesn't seem that good in February.

yes that pissed me a bit cause i felt that bitcoin would fall from 300 and sold my modest stash of bitcoins at that price. We know the rest it fell well below 200. I re-bought there and recover some of my "virtual loss" because of my NEM redeeming two weeks before. Doesn't mean i don't believe in Nem, i just FRIGGIN HATE being blocked and unecessarily bagholder when obvious moves are about to happen in crypto world to optimize my coin stash.

Well i don't own much Nem because i smelt bitcoin blood back in december and played über safe but this redeeming blocked me well in my trading strategy Smiley Can't imagine for the guys who have several stakes redeemed looking at crypto being slaughtered and nem launch delayed to march april may etc...Would drive me mad, i'm not the long term kind cause i discovered you always get rape doing so cause crypto landscape is very lunatic. Never worked once for me to baghold in alt crypto world. NOT ONCE. It just never works, you have to follow the trends.

It can work for NEM because it is first class crypto but always a risky bet to just sit and wait.

In the end, being pegged with nxt and btc is just a pain in the as* Smiley
yabit

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:54:57 AM

Some Test-NEM please, thank you!
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 11:31:50 AM

Nemlaunching at the very time people are losing hope in crypto could be the making of nem.

Could be the making of crypto.

NEMLAUNCH/LOVESOUNDS

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
yabit

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 11:45:58 AM

Thanks for NEM. Opening my new wallet, I get the error message "The address book file does not exist". When I want to add an address: "Some parameter is missing or invalid." How can I create an address book file?
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 11:48:25 AM

Thanks for NEM. Opening my new wallet, I get the error message "The address book file does not exist". When I want to add an address: "Some parameter is missing or invalid." How can I create an address book file?

Did you delete your old wallet file?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 [583] 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: