Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:48:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 [585] 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984388 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sjarkara

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 06:39:15 AM

Has anyone ever thought of creating NEM browser extensions for chrome or firefox? Just a thought.

Or a simple wallet for smartphone so people can pay with Nem when they buy from me.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 06:55:38 AM

I think that NEMs huge problem is that it wasn't launched in November before the current BTC slaughter and all ongoing ALT slaughter. I know, you might tell how NEM wasn't ready, multisig wasn't ready etc.. and I agree with this, but I think huge opportunity has been passed. Crypto is in a big slump and it will take time for it to get out of this slump. Problem with NEM is that will be launched in the midst of the crypto storm crisis.

It couldn't be launched in Nov as it wasn't ready in Nov. We still don't know when it will launch.  Could be another six months of bug fixing.

They said March.

NO. This is exactly what I mean with people are taking any date that is thrown around as super official launch date and then go on complaining about delays.

Rocket said he expected it to be early-mid march.
I said it would be realistic but also went on to say that it could be later.

patmast3r

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 06:55:57 AM

Has anyone ever thought of creating NEM browser extensions for chrome or firefox? Just a thought.

Or a simple wallet for smartphone so people can pay with Nem when they buy from me.

In the making.

patmast3r

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:02:08 AM

Problem with that is that you'd need that extension to have access to your wallet which would have me very worried.
I'm sure it could be done in a secure manner but still - accidents and mistakes happen.

MrPortMan

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

TEZOS

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:16:04 AM

Safe use of the NEM network has to begin with the first entrance after registration. I will try to explain a situation. After an institution to yourself the account on the main page of the client you get to the account, see at once before yourself in the top left corner the address (now it test), but, don't hurry to use it! The matter is that from this address which is at once inside, at the first entrance, you have no Private Key. And if there is something to the main files from this address with the .wlt and .adb expansions - that you will lose all the coins Cry

How to secure itself against unforeseen circumstances? How to provide to the coins the best protection?

Here that I offer as the solution of this task :

When you carry out the first entrance, in the top left corner you have an address NEM. Forget at once about it. We go in the top left corner on a small gear, the menu opens. There, in this menu, we select item in English of Create Real Account Data, we press there. The new address will be generated. We write down from it in a reliable place only of Private Key. After wrote down - now your coins will be always rescued irrespective of even if above the files sounded by me with the .wlt and .adb expansions will be damaged or in files there will be any mistake and it will become impossible to use them...

After at you is in a reliable place of Private Key, again we press above on that gear, we open the menu, we select in it the Add an Existing Account item, there we insert that Private Key, we appropriate to a new account a label and after you add it, it at you will be highlighted by the address in the left top corner. The address will be test as a network still test. Now you can send coins to this address and so far at you Private Key is stored in a safe place, you can doesn't worry for the coins.

I here for example even do so : I worked with accounts and after worked with them, before an exit I delete the accounts added by me from the client in the same place in the menu with pressing Remove Account. After removal of all addresses in an account it becomes empty. But except for that initial address, which I to whom I don't recommend to use. It in general as it seems to me, developers need to clean. That as soon as you open for yourself the account, it was necessary to make a compulsory procedure which I described above for the sake of safety of users. Because Private Key from it can't be restored. The network works so - the main key one, and it closed. Any reminders.

Now even one conversation of two years old prescription was remembered. Business was in Btc-e chat. Someone started conversation on that that btc it salted and the wallet.dat files at it in a reliable place lie. I dug to the earth of type Wink But here it was killed by one person who is familiar with btc long ago. He told it : And you naive Cheesy At any time can happen such that and your wallet.dat file won't help you. There were at people cases to these files something happened and already you will help nothing... Cases such aren't single. That person I don't know took it into account or counted for trolling, generally all and dispersed then. But now there is an occasion again to think of it. I and itself think and earlier thought that you store btc to yourself in the wallet.dat file and anything doesn't happen to them. There is it far not so. Always there has to be an access to Private Key, without it there is no guarantee of safety. All this, in general, sets thinking and reconsider the relation to btc and to all crypto at which in an account it is impossible to generate new addresses with Private Key and on Private Key there is no opportunity to add addresses. Pure binding only to wallet.dat file. This episode set thinking of that that the wallet.dat file is not protection. For me now, as well as for many who will understand, only NEM, in respect of safety, will be considered as the safest!

It is always necessary to have Private Key from the address but not to tie itself to files and to think that coins in safety.

Here such small overview or the guide (call as you want) I told you today. But that that NEM mentioned these very important points and that that there was at me an accident to these test coins and with two files (before I described that case here and in an English thread) I personally think that it everything was not just like that. Breakage was as me it seems specially that we reflected and reached truth that the binding to files is not safety. Safety in Private Key. And just (About coincidence! Or not? Wink ) in NEM already from the very beginning, from BETA, there is inside such opportunity to get new addresses with Private Key.

And developers that at us clever, specially showed this problem to people, simply not all understood, but someone reached Cheesy

Original here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455591.msg10373605#msg10373605

Tezos address : KT1PPmJn9ZfVUSp6VDv92S7epKdZoU1cHV5f
patmast3r

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:48:21 AM

Safe use of the NEM network has to begin with the first entrance after registration. I will try to explain a situation. After an institution to yourself the account on the main page of the client you get to the account, see at once before yourself in the top left corner the address (now it test), but, don't hurry to use it! The matter is that from this address which is at once inside, at the first entrance, you have no Private Key. And if there is something to the main files from this address with the .wlt and .adb expansions - that you will lose all the coins Cry

How to secure itself against unforeseen circumstances? How to provide to the coins the best protection?

Backup your wallet. Same as in any System that uses local wallets.

When you carry out the first entrance, in the top left corner you have an address NEM. Forget at once about it. We go in the top left corner on a small gear, the menu opens. There, in this menu, we select item in English of Create Real Account Data, we press there. The new address will be generated. We write down from it in a reliable place only of Private Key. After wrote down - now your coins will be always rescued irrespective of even if above the files sounded by me with the .wlt and .adb expansions will be damaged or in files there will be any mistake and it will become impossible to use them...

I think that will be gone after launch. Afaik that was only meant to be there for redemption. Thinking about it we could leave it in with a massive warning.

After at you is in a reliable place of Private Key, again we press above on that gear, we open the menu, we select in it the Add an Existing Account item, there we insert that Private Key, we appropriate to a new account a label and after you add it, it at you will be highlighted by the address in the left top corner. The address will be test as a network still test. Now you can send coins to this address and so far at you Private Key is stored in a safe place, you can doesn't worry for the coins.

I here for example even do so : I worked with accounts and after worked with them, before an exit I delete the accounts added by me from the client in the same place in the menu with pressing Remove Account. After removal of all addresses in an account it becomes empty. But except for that initial address, which I to whom I don't recommend to use.

And why do you not recommend it ? Because YOU don't know how to backup a wallet ? Ofc we're still missing an easy feature todo so.... But it's also not rocket sience to browse to a folder and copy a file.

It in general as it seems to me, developers need to clean. That as soon as you open for yourself the account, it was necessary to make a compulsory procedure which I described above for the sake of safety of users. Because Private Key from it can't be restored. The network works so - the main key one, and it closed. Any reminders.

The client needs cleaning up - no doubt about that. But not for the reasons you mentioned.

Now even one conversation of two years old prescription was remembered. Business was in Btc-e chat. Someone started conversation on that that btc it salted and the wallet.dat files at it in a reliable place lie. I dug to the earth of type Wink But here it was killed by one person who is familiar with btc long ago. He told it : And you naive Cheesy At any time can happen such that and your wallet.dat file won't help you. There were at people cases to these files something happened and already you will help nothing... Cases such aren't single. That person I don't know took it into account or counted for trolling, generally all and dispersed then. But now there is an occasion again to think of it. I and itself think and earlier thought that you store btc to yourself in the wallet.dat file and anything doesn't happen to them. There is it far not so. Always there has to be an access to Private Key, without it there is no guarantee of safety. All this, in general, sets thinking and reconsider the relation to btc and to all crypto at which in an account it is impossible to generate new addresses with Private Key and on Private Key there is no opportunity to add addresses. Pure binding only to wallet.dat file. This episode set thinking of that that the wallet.dat file is not protection. For me now, as well as for many who will understand, only NEM, in respect of safety, will be considered as the safest!

Sorry but I'm not sure what you mean. I seem to be very bad at understanding broken english (really don't mean to offend, I just really am worse than others at that). I guess some wallet file got lost or broken ?
You realize a file where you store your priv-key could be lost / broken too right ?

It is always necessary to have Private Key from the address but not to tie itself to files and to think that coins in safety.

The private key, stored encrypted in a file meant for only that reason sounds a lot safer to me than letting, potentially unexperienced users store a string somewhere they think is safe. You know how many people wanted to change their address in the remdeption portal because they already (after weeks) lost their priv-key ? You wouldn't believe it. Among them people who lost access to their last-pass account so don't come with anything like that either.

Here such small overview or the guide (call as you want) I told you today. But that that NEM mentioned these very important points and that that there was at me an accident to these test coins and with two files (before I described that case here and in an English thread) I personally think that it everything was not just like that. Breakage was as me it seems specially that we reflected and reached truth that the binding to files is not safety. Safety in Private Key. And just (About coincidence! Or not? Wink ) in NEM already from the very beginning, from BETA, there is inside such opportunity to get new addresses with Private Key.

And developers that at us clever, specially showed this problem to people, simply not all understood, but someone reached Cheesy

Original here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455591.msg10373605#msg10373605

So to sum up: Make an easier way to backup a wallet ? YES, that is necessary and will happen.

Istanbul34

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:23:59 PM

Will NXT release Multisig before NEM?  Smiley

https://twitter.com/NXTmovement/status/563599570945708032
patmast3r

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:31:47 PM

Multi-Sig is released. Got a timemachine ? Wink

I guess it doesn't count because it's on the testnet?

luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:41:16 PM

you said it  Smiley
patmast3r

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 12:50:00 PM

you said it  Smiley

looks good. would be interesting to see if it will function in the same manner as nems.

in relation to nems, is it going to be possible to set only one account as the possible initiator of a transaction from a multisig transaction? i mean if i make an account multisig but i only want myself to be able to initiate a transaction and the others only sign, is that something that will be possible? same goes for removal of a signatory. ie. my sig is needed + others to remove another.

From what I heard today it won't be possible - at least not in the near future - to have a co-signer that can't issue a tx.
I don't know what you mean with the other thing. You need n-1 signatures to remove a signatory.

patmast3r

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:10:13 PM

you said it  Smiley

looks good. would be interesting to see if it will function in the same manner as nems.

in relation to nems, is it going to be possible to set only one account as the possible initiator of a transaction from a multisig transaction? i mean if i make an account multisig but i only want myself to be able to initiate a transaction and the others only sign, is that something that will be possible? same goes for removal of a signatory. ie. my sig is needed + others to remove another.

From what I heard today it won't be possible - at least not in the near future - to have a co-signer that can't issue a tx.
I don't know what you mean with the other thing. You need n-1 signatures to remove a signatory.

ok..

by the last thing.. what if i dont want it to be possible for me to be the "-1". if it is possible for me to be the "-1", i can be kicked out of my own multisig account. i know this is all going to be in the future, im just wondering if it will be possible at some point in time.

That's a good point.
I'm not sure but it all comes down to NEVER MAKE ANYONE COSIGNATORY YOU DONT TRUST 100%.

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 01:55:42 PM

I here for example even do so : I worked with accounts and after worked with them, before an exit I delete the accounts added by me from the client in the same place in the menu with pressing Remove Account. After removal of all addresses in an account it becomes empty. But except for that initial address, which I to whom I don't recommend to use. It in general as it seems to me, developers need to clean. That as soon as you open for yourself the account, it was necessary to make a compulsory procedure which I described above for the sake of safety of users. Because Private Key from it can't be restored. The network works so - the main key one, and it closed. Any reminders.

There are still quite a lot of usability problems with the wallet, unfortunately. In future releases we want to make wallet backups easier and we are already working on some great things we hope to show off in a couple of months.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 01:57:27 PM

you said it  Smiley

ok..

by the last thing.. what if i dont want it to be possible for me to be the "-1". if it is possible for me to be the "-1", i can be kicked out of my own multisig account. i know this is all going to be in the future, im just wondering if it will be possible at some point in time.

That's a good point.
I'm not sure but it all comes down to NEVER MAKE ANYONE COSIGNATORY YOU DONT TRUST 100%.

Anyone can feel free to make me a cosigner  Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 02:33:25 PM

Still wait the newsletter
Please
kauppalahti

Activity: 235
Merit: 110

HAVUJA PERKELE!

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:05:01 PM

Do you hear the drums........

http://foundersgrid.com/bitcoin-price

If this happends NEM is not skyrocketing, it is the universe timewarp😍
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 05:34:59 PM

Hopefully launched before next bitcoin surge.

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:40:54 PM

What positions will think will have nem
Between ltc and ripple?Huh
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 12:02:35 AM

Still wait the newsletter
Please

Did you see the multisig guide? https://medium.com/@nemcoin/nem-beta-multisig-guide-2e8b9b30cce1

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 12:03:11 AM

Hopefully launched before next bitcoin surge.

Or before bitcoin falls off into oblivion  Tongue

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 8174

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 12:17:10 AM

Less talking, more NEM releasing please.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Pages: « 1 ... 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 [585] 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: