Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:01:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 [797] 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984158 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ciappa

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:44:14 PM

keep on voting for NEM guys

Cryptsy  2084 votes      https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes  (sending as example 0.1BTC to 19ronM2nLWw1fMadBC1JoTJ2vvAt4ciBZp -
                                                                                                      cryptsy address  NEM will get approximately 500 votes)
Hitbtc     2249 votes     https://hitbtc.com/vote   (please remember, votes from registered users counting 10x  Wink )
Bter         1 vote            https://bter.com/voting
cex.io      23 votes         https://support.cex.io/hc/communities/public/questions/203157458-Please-add-NEM-to-cex-io
  (just register and vote)

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:51:49 PM

Please also tweet this for cryptsy: https://twitter.com/xtester7/status/586662538978263040
BitZCoin

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 11:25:20 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2015, 11:42:42 PM by BitZCoin

Good news:

We've been working with Bittrex and XEM is finally live there.

Enjoy.  Wink

Hadn't logged into Bittrex in over a year and find I have .4 BTC in there Grin

funny.. hoehoe.. It's about money and at least about you. And I really don't even get why I should care about statements like that. I/I'll find no reason.. May it's humanity, may it's compassion, but at least I really don't get what you want us to think about that.
It's just stupid to say that. At least, your problem to even have that! Finally, with (1/4 of it's price that time) considerable.
And I really don't see any reason to tell you that, as it would be my advantage (in so many ways..) to do not.
But really.. Why?!? Really, why?!? It's just about grandstanding, or profiling, or anything else.. Nothing to take seriously.. Really. I wouldn't have to tell you that and for my personal interest it would be even better to do not so, but it is just wrong in so many ways.. I will never get/have gotten the message behind that. Think about what you want, I already know it's going to be controversy anyway. But think about it.
You have "right" and "wrong". All subjective! But the medal will always stay the medal, no matter how far or close you are. A car compared with a car, will always be (closely)  the same difference, as between a car and fish. As each one of us has it's own imaginary of a car, or maybe a fish. But they will never get completely compliant. Time/change is just moving forward. But there will never be any perfection, as it is/will never be possible. - Just close to each other. Also Facebook has no Dislike Icon, as it would just interrupt it's fluent. Why having a dislike - if there is a like. They want to push the time forward, not stop or taking it backward with a "dislike" - , imagine a clock.  The time has to spin, or is it moving backwards to you? Or maybe at least stopping?!
At least it does. As otherwise we never would have been a functional construct. But that's another story.

Finally have fun with them. But I don't/will not see any reason to tell so, as it's in you best.
Deal with it, the way you want guys. But think about it!

Back soon

GreetZ

BitZCoin

Here it is: TakePart!
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 11:36:56 PM

Good news:

Enjoy.  Wink

funny.. hoehoe.. It's about money and at least about you. And I really don't even get why I should care about statements like that. I/I'll find no reason.. May it's humanity, may it's compassion, but at least I really don't get what you want us to think about that.
It's just stupid to say that. At least, your problem to even have that! Finally, with (1/4 of it's price that time) considerable.
And I really don't see any reason to tell you that, as it would be my advantage (in so many ways..) to do not.
But really.. Why?!? Really, why?!? It's just about grandstanding, or profiling, or anything else.. Nothing to take seriously.. Really. I wouldn't have to tell you that and for my personal interest it would be even better to do not so, but it is just wrong in so many ways.. I will never get/have gotten the message behind that. Think about what you want, I already know it's going to be controversy anyway. But think about it.
You have "right" and "wrong". All subjective! But the medal will always stay the medal, no matter how far or close you are. A car compared with a car, will always be (closely)  the same difference, as between a car and fish. As each one of us has it's own imaginary of a car, or maybe a fish. But they will never get completely compliant. Time/change is just moving forward. But there will never be any perfection, as it is/will never be possible. - Just close to each other. Also Facebook has no Dislike Icon, as it would just interrupt it's fluent. Why having a dislike, when there is a like. They want to push the time forward, not stop or taking it backward, imagine a clock.  The time has to spin, or is it moving backwards to you? Or maybe at least stopping?!
At least it does as otherwise we never would have been a functional construct. But that's another story.

Finally have fun with them. But I don't/will not see any reason to tell so, as it's in you best.

Back soon

GreetZ

BitZCoin

It's just a statement no need to psychoanalyze it ...

You can't find joy in someone else's happiness? 

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
BitZCoin

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 11:48:01 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 12:21:14 AM by BitZCoin

I'm really happy for you! Smiley

But I would be even more glad if you would have found them/ haven't lost them, one year ago.
Take care of  your money, I'm really honest with this. It's good for your living and also your care shows something about your reliability. Don't get me wrong! Will see/write us anyway, I'm pretty sure about this.
By then.

GreetZ

BitZCoin

Here it is: TakePart!
lovely89

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 11:52:00 PM

Good news:

Enjoy.  Wink

You have "right" and "wrong". All subjective! But the medal will always stay the medal, no matter how far or close you are. A car compared with a car, will always be (closely)  the same difference, as between a car and fish. As each one of us has it's own imaginary of a car, or maybe a fish. But they will never get completely compliant. Time/change is just moving forward. But there will never be any perfection, as it is/will never be possible. - Just close to each other. Also Facebook has no Dislike Icon, as it would just interrupt it's fluent. Why having a dislike - if there is a like. They want to push the time forward, not stop or taking it backward with a "dislike" - , imagine a clock.  The time has to spin, or is it moving backwards to you? Or maybe at least stopping?!
At least it does. As otherwise we never would have been a functional construct. But that's another story.

Back soon

GreetZ

BitZCoin

Equally, no one gives a shit.

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 03:06:08 AM

The time for action has arrived!

Its time to reach thousands of people but we need the communities support. The more users who support this campaign, the more people we can reach! Its expected to reach somewhere between 30k and 50k people with 100 supporters, but we are going to smash that and aim for 250. Please click one, two or three of the big red buttons "support with facebook/twitter/tumbler". When the deadline arrives, the tweet/post shown will be automatically sent out on everyones feed.

If everyone who has NEM signed up to this, we woud reach n the region of 300k - 500k people so please sign up and help us smash our goal! Tell your friends and family and sign up with every account you can. Lets spread the word about NEM.

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/24773-nem-because-you-matter?locale=en

Thank you in advance to anyone who signs up.

I signed up!  Great idea

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 03:07:41 AM

The more you struggle, the more you'll get eaten. At least, keep your eyes open!
I have told you. Capitalism.

GreetZ

BitZCoin

Is that NEM 2020?

Even that shark was 2 weeks old at one point. It wasn't born like that.

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 04:33:28 AM

Keep dreaming. The fact is if you didn't create enough hype for a decent increase in price after about two years of pure hype then don't expect it to happen. 99% of coins have it highest price in the first days of launch.

The question is when will you lot accept reality?
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:33:13 AM

(Delegated) Harvested 13 Blocks since 9 April. Awesome!

Great feature. Especially that the payouts are paid directly to me.

CryptoCurrencyInc.com

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:11:37 AM

NEM coin added to the list of best proof of stake voting poll.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=786993.0

╓▄▌██P                   
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                     
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                       
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                       
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                         
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                           
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                             
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                               
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                 
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

CiappaBanned

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:12:44 AM

keep on voting for NEM guys

Cryptsy  2084 votes      https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes  (sending as example 0.1BTC to 19ronM2nLWw1fMadBC1JoTJ2vvAt4ciBZp -
                                                                                                      cryptsy address  NEM will get approximately 500 votes)
Hitbtc     2251 votes     https://hitbtc.com/vote   (please remember, votes from registered users counting 10x  Wink )
Bter         1 vote            https://bter.com/voting
cex.io      23 votes         https://support.cex.io/hc/communities/public/questions/203157458-Please-add-NEM-to-cex-io   (just register and vote)

sdersdf3

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:52:55 AM

how much NEM does that amount to and how much of a stake did you start with?
Just curious about what the average return on staking is at this point - like how much additional NEM coins could someone with the initial stake amount expect from a week of staking?
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 07:57:12 AM

Just curious about what the average return on staking is at this point - like how much additional NEM coins could someone with the initial stake amount expect from a week of staking?

It's not a great way to get rich. It is a great way to secure a chain though.

I've made 1/1000 my account balance since launch.

Later NEM should have node rewards as it ramps up things. Then it'll be more profitable.

sdersdf3

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:25:47 AM

It's not a great way to get rich. It is a great way to secure a chain though.

I've made 1/1000 my account balance since launch.

Later NEM should have node rewards as it ramps up things. Then it'll be more profitable.

That's kind of what I figured - it helps explain why that Poloniex NEM address currently has about 80% importance. I assume this means 80% of NEM is sitting on Poloniex.

Seems like there needs to be a stronger incentive for people to harvest/hold.

Separate question: how big of an advantage does NEM have over bitcoin in terms of transaction speed and minimum suggested confirmations?
sdersdf3

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:47:32 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 09:32:28 AM by sdersdf3

dandruff1138, I feel your pain. A few observations:

1) it's a tough market - a lot of people have soured on crypto, and with good reason after what we've all seen this past year. There just isn't as much liquidity as there used to be, and almost all new coins show the same post-launch pattern. Maybe we should be impressed that in this tough market NEM has managed to retain about 50% of its launch price.

2) NEM devs have done a reasonably good job of preventing things from being any worse by getting rid of a lot of sock puppets, and they've conducted themselves with great professionalism and consistency - a lot more than I've seen on most other coins, including bitcoin (see Bitcoin Foundation - what a joke).

3) That being said, it did take way too long to get here (way, way too long - more on this in 5) ) and have to agree that what we have right now is something that, to the casual end user, doesn't amount to something that feels much different than NXT and other altcoins. Even the transaction speed is kind of underwhelming. I mean, what is it that NEM can do now for the casual user than any other coin can't do? It does beg the question of how much of what we've gotten was worth the long wait. I mean, 70 devs were involved? Really?

4) From what I understand of the tech talk, they've built a more solid foundation for future 2.0 features than a lot of other coins have - maybe that's part of the answer to 3). Maybe the fruit of this will be borne out going forward... but a lot of coin devs promise all kinds of things...

5) I think one of the big issue facing this and a lot of other coins is that it's apparently really tough to code new features into cryptocoins -- either that or devs that code quickly in C++/Java in this space are few and far between - if that's the case - and I'm not sure whether it is or not - maybe it's because the financial rewards aren't large enough compared to what they could be getting elsewhere, or C++/Java are just tough to code period, or all of the above). It just seems to take a very long time to introduce or test even the smallest new changes on this coin and most other coins from what I've seen. I think this also factors into the delay in getting this on other alt exchanges (not that there are many left anyway these days after Poloniex, Bittrex and Cryptsy).

It'll be interesting to see if Ethereum (whenever it's finally done) offers a platform where devs can more quickly iterate and create new features. I keep hearing that their use of this simplified "Serpent" variant of Python is quicker to code.

Anyway, I'm really struck by how long it seems to take to get new things done on any coin, including bitcoin-related stuff like sidechains - not singling out NEM at all in this. Would be great to get from any NEM devs some perspective on this question to those of us on the outside looking in.
MrPortMan

Activity: 616

TEZOS

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:52:32 AM

Price for 1 NEMstake returned to their previous values ​​to 20000 NXT for 1 NEMstake. This is due partly to the fact that sales have joined the rest of the 2,225 people . If you remember at Nxt AE sold their NEMstake only 775 of 3,000. So that the price fell back to their previous values ​​- this is normal . After half a year the price will grow as already grew .

Tezos address : KT1PPmJn9ZfVUSp6VDv92S7epKdZoU1cHV5f
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 09:11:28 AM

3) That being said, it did take way too long to get here (way, way too long - more on this in 5) ) and have to agree that what we have right now is something that, to the casual end user, doesn't amount to something that feels much different than NXT and other altcoins. Even the transaction speed is kind of underwhelming. I mean, what is it that NEM can do now for the casual user than any other coin can't do? It does beg the question of how much of what we've gotten was worth the long wait. I mean, 70 devs were involved? Really?

I think the client is great.
I think harvesting is a much more satisfiying experience than forging in other coins because even people with lower importance do forge.
I don't know what you mean about the tx spead. Blocktimes are way more consistent than other crytos.

Overall though launch was just the first milestone. It was clear at least to me that at launch NEM would not be much better than other platforms. That takes time.

5) I think one of the big issue facing this and a lot of other coins is that it's apparently really tough to code new features into cryptocoins -- either that or devs that code quickly in C++/Java in this space are few and far between - if that's the case - and I'm not sure whether it is or not - maybe it's because the financial rewards aren't large enough compared to what they could be getting elsewhere, or C++/Java are just tough to code period, or all of the above). It just seems to take a very long time to introduce or test even the smallest new changes on this coin and most other coins from what I've seen. I think this also factors into the delay in getting this on other alt exchanges (not that there are many left anyway these days after Poloniex, Bittrex and Cryptsy).

Agreed. There is good reason for this though. If any platform is to be reliable it needs to be developed carefully and well tested. That takes time but it's time well spent.
However even the most basic feature i.e. payment hasn't been adopted by a significant amount of people yet so that's where I'd focus on.
Everyone is eager to see new features but that's worthless if noone is using them.

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 09:12:33 AM

Depends on when you bought your NEM stake. At the end the price was almost 50k per NEMStake asset. Many current holders bought at this high. So their loss is immense.

Price for 1 NEMstake returned to their previous values ​​to 20000 NXT for 1 NEMstake. This is due partly to the fact that sales have joined the rest of the 2,225 people . If you remember at Nxt AE sold their NEMstake only 775 of 3,000. So that the price fell back to their previous values ​​- this is normal . After half a year the price will grow as already grew .
sdersdf3

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 09:25:48 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 09:41:33 AM by sdersdf3

Agreed. There is good reason for this though. If any platform is to be reliable it needs to be developed carefully and well tested. That takes time but it's time well spent.
However even the most basic feature i.e. payment hasn't been adopted by a significant amount of people yet so that's where I'd focus on.
Everyone is eager to see new features but that's worthless if noone is using them.

Indeed - adoption is the holy grail, or this is all (and I mean all of crypto) kinda pointless. I think its kinda the chicken-and-egg problem: crypto in general clearly needs to offer end users more to get adoption going.

Look at Slack - without hardly any formal marketing, they won massive adoption (and very quickly) on the strength and relevance of the features they offered, the problems those features solve (and solve well) and the word of mouth that came from that.

Crypto should be looking at Slack as a model for how to win user adoption - I think a lot of it (though not all of it) starts with strong, relevant, intuitive features that sell themselves. An even better comparison, btw, is TransferWise.
Pages: « 1 ... 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 [797] 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: