Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:12:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 [836] 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984108 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Amalgamus

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:29:49 AM

The first few days I harvested around 200 blocks, then I started to delegate harvesting and as I wasn't getting as many blocks harvested, I tried to go back to the local node and was never able to make it work.
So I gave up nem's wallet for a week as I was getting frustrated after spending too many hours on the wallet and not getting anywhere.

Now when I want to open the wallet I cannot open it coz I am told that the password doesn't exist, so I create a new wallet and get this message: ERROR 500
An error occurred that the development team did not have foreseen. Apologies for this, maybe a retry might help. Otherwise, please open up an issue within the NEM NIS/NCC community.

... And when I retry to open the new wallet I get this message:ERROR 109
Another wallet with the same name exists already. Please choose an other wallet name.

So now I have created a bloody number of new wallets and cannot even get to see the xem I have in my wallet.

I use the standalone version 0.6.28

Any help would be appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:37:40 AM

The first few days I harvested around 200 blocks, then I started to delegate harvesting and as I wasn't getting as many blocks harvested, I tried to go back to the local node and was never able to make it work.
So I gave up nem's wallet for a week as I was getting frustrated after spending too many hours on the wallet and not getting anywhere.

Now when I want to open the wallet I cannot open it coz I am told that the password doesn't exist, so I create a new wallet and get this message: ERROR 500
An error occurred that the development team did not have foreseen. Apologies for this, maybe a retry might help. Otherwise, please open up an issue within the NEM NIS/NCC community.

... And when I retry to open the new wallet I get this message:ERROR 109
Another wallet with the same name exists already. Please choose an other wallet name.

So now I have created a bloody number of new wallets and cannot even get to see the xem I have in my wallet.

I use the standalone version 0.6.28

Any help would be appreciated.

If you still have your private-key remove all wallets.
Create a new one and make sure they name of the wallet does not contain spaces or dots.
Open the wallet, import your private-key.

Then you should be good to go.

If you don't have your private-key anymore then try the following at your own risk.

Remove all wallets except the one that holds your account, i.e. where you imported your private-key.
If that wallet contains spaces or dots in the name make a copy of it just to be sure.
Then rename the wallet removing any spaces and dots and then try opening it again.

Always completely shutdown the client when fiddling with the wallet files.

If non of this works then headover to http://forum.ournem.com/ or http://support.ournem.com/ to get support.
It's harder to help people here as theres also other "discussions" going on.

Amalgamus

Activity: 189

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:18:50 AM

Great patmast3r Cheesy

I have all my coins now. I deleted everything related to nem on my computer and started with a free-bug wallet and it worked perfectly.

Thanks again. I should have asked before  Wink
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:57:35 AM

I have 3.7% importance but have been unable to harvest a single block. It has been days does anyone have any advice or is this how it works?

EDIT nvm I did harvest a block but the reward was zero. So why harvest at all? It doesnt seem like the reward is worth it.

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Spider

Activity: 171

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 12:07:25 PM

I have 3.7% importance but have been unable to harvest a single block. It has been days does anyone have any advice or is this how it works?

EDIT nvm I did harvest a block but the reward was zero. So why harvest at all? It doesnt seem like the reward is worth it.
At the moment some blocks have 0 fees, others have 10, 20, 200, up to 1200 XEM.

forum.nem.io
mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 12:12:12 PM

At the moment some blocks have 0 fees, others have 10, 20, 200, up to 1200 XEM.

Hmm given the amount of XEM that exist it hardly seems worth it. Even if I got 200 a day thats only 73000 year.

Tompa

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 12:15:24 PM

Hi!
I'm glad the harvesting is working for you...
You should have harves more blocks in last few day than just 1. I have importance of 6.74%oo and I find from 3-8 blocks per day...
Even then I wouldn't call that worth it in sense of profit...

Since this being PoI - there is no new coins created through Harvesting (in comparison to BTC). So what we get when finding a block i s only the fees for transactions that are in that block. So as the NEM grows, the quantity of transactions will grow so will the rewards for those finding those blocks.

On the other hand, you don't need to spend a lot of computer power (read electricity and money for ASICs etc) to harvest XEM... You can do it for free!
On our forum there are guides how to set up your own 24/7 FREE node which will harvest for you - something you cannot do in BTC or other PoW cryptos.

Presently none of us who harvest (except extra big accounts - like exchanges (Poloniex)) don't really do that for big profit... It is done to support the network and occasional higher yeilding block is very gladly received :-)

Do you use delegated or local harvesting - I ask this for this reason: maybe you turn off your computer over night - if you are doing local then during off time you are not harvesting.

If non of this works then headover to http://forum.ournem.com/ or http://support.ournem.com/ to get support.
It's harder to help people here as theres also other "discussions" going on.

Glad to have you in NEM!
ArpFlush

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 12:23:29 PM

Same here but no harvests.

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
Lazz

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:59:21 PM

Talking about bad distribution.. Roll Eyes

http://realitieswatch.com/finally-list-of-80-people-with-as-much-money-as-12-of-humanity/
MrPortMan

Activity: 616

TEZOS

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:56:33 PM

You think you have any chance of success with your deleting of other people's posts. Please look in the mirror. This awful behavior will get you nowhere.

Its a technique I have seen Reddcoin and RTC try, and it ultimately killed them. *Controlling* the conversation to paint themselves in a positive light and censor any criticism. It won't do anything but scare real investors away, especially if they didn't offer anything you can't find elsewhere in other developments. Just wait it out and hope there will be a pump or a rumor and get out as soon as you can before it crashes and burns completely to 10 sats.

the only messages that are deleted are out right FUD attempts or direct insults.. genuine criticism or negativity about certain aspects of nem will not be deleted. only obvious trolling attempts basically.

Yes, it is necessary to delete or ignore people who twist a subject of that that in hands of developers a big package of coins on 100 times around and trolling this subject XEM. They extend lie and negative attitude to XEM.

Tezos address : KT1PPmJn9ZfVUSp6VDv92S7epKdZoU1cHV5f
punkrock

Activity: 808
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:10:09 PM

On the other hand, you don't need to spend a lot of computer power (read electricity and money for ASICs etc) to harvest XEM... You can do it for free!
On our forum there are guides how to set up your own 24/7 FREE node which will harvest for you - something you cannot do in BTC or other PoW cryptos.

Yep! Guys, set up your own node or use mine (nemnode.tk). I'm harvesting 24/7 for FREE and and that's nice.
mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:33:27 PM

Yep! Guys, set up your own node or use mine (nemnode.tk). I'm harvesting 24/7 for FREE and and that's nice.

tyvm

Trollollo

Activity: 539

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 05:26:06 PM

I have 2,9% of importance and harvest about 25 blocks in one week,or around 750 XEM in week.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 06:05:17 PM

Just set up my first NEM node. Where can I see whether it is in the network or not? Is there a NEM peer explorer somewhere?
Tompa

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 06:38:44 PM

Just set up my first NEM node. Where can I see whether it is in the network or not? Is there a NEM peer explorer somewhere?

Hi tyz!
Congratulations on setting up your node!
Here is the http://www.nodeexplorer.com/

Glad to have you in NEM!
MrPortMan

TEZOS

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 06:52:21 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 07:03:31 PM by MrPortMan

What it is possible to buy for 230 US dollars?

I mean in respect of purchase useful to life and in thing life. A thing from which there is an advantage.

Speaking about cost in 230 US dollars any person, the ordinary consumer, imagines in the head some useful thing, commensurable with this cost. So for example one guy told me that for such money he could buy the brand new smartphone or the tablet, from him he would call and went on-line, i.e. for 230 dollars it is possible to buy a useful thing in life which will carry out functions, useful to the person. It on the example of the smartphone are ringing also Internet connection. It is possible to take any other thing, useful to the person, which also as well as the smartphone possesses functions, useful to the person, for an example and costs also 230 US dollars.

Not just like that I started conversation on this subject. About these most 230 US dollars. The matter is that for such money, receives really useful thing which can be held in hand for the commensurable cost of people and to have from it useful functions. And so, saying about BitCoin cost in 230 US dollars what the person with purchase of BitCoin finds useful? Yes anything! He even can't touch him, having paid for this, so-called, a miracle of virtual economy already of the whole 230 US dollars!

Let's be realists and we will open to people of an eye on reality, what gives the concrete to people of BitCoin? From it Internet connection is possible? No. Can call from it for such money of 230 US dollars, not? No! Well though something from it useful? No, no, and once again not! You even won't be able to touch 230 US dollars paid by you for 1 BTC.

And how useful functions? For what it then in general is necessary to people? And from what such price, commensurable with the cost of real things which carry out real useful functions for the person in life? Here it is already worth thinking... And how the price in 10 000 US dollars for 1 BitCoin about which all dreamed? O_O You believe in it, what the ordinary person will choose between purchase of the car and 1 BitCoin? Roll Eyes To me to continue? ... Lips sealed What is 10 000 US dollars? What it is possible to buy the person for this sum in respect of real things of the useful functions which are carrying out a set? Well it will be admissible let it is the car. Unless on useful functions 1 BTC it can be compared to the car? No, no, and once again not!

Here and comes the understanding of that actually 1 BTC isn't necessary 230 US dollars and will never cost 10 000 US dollars as it has no functions such useful to the person that its cost was commensurable with the cost of a vehicle, the car vehicle. Therefore be realists, it isn't necessary in reality 230 US dollars, even 1 US dollar as the set of its functions, useful to the person, is very limited. The only functions of its application are money transfers, cheap on the world, and the decentralized storage of bitik in blockchain. Everything, more it has no functions. Not to call from it, not to go on-line, and even not to go on it as on the car worth 10 000 US dollars. And time so, it shouldn't cost much as it doesn't possess such useful functions which in the real world are possessed by things worth 230 US dollars and in 10 000 US dollars.

And now we approached the main thing. The price is 1 XEM now the most fair. No useful functions are present, it isn't possible to call about the NEM networks, as well as Internet connection. NEM is in general virtual. It can't be touched. Therefore its price, a real ceiling price, can reach only the level of 10 cents. No more, because here only a few functions. These are cheap money transfers in a network and storage of bitik in nembex. With the cost of the latest smartphone, tablet, or even the car here in any way can't be compared. Therefore be realists. I all urge to be realists but not to do that that made with BitCoin. Every day it starts being understood more and more people in the world so we won't see any growth in BitCoin price any more and shouldn't see. It is only enough to compare things from the real world which it is possible to touch and experience their useful functions with the commensurable cost of these things with BitCoin.

XEM now costs fairly. Therefore in a choice between BitCoin inflated to the unreal sizes in the price and real cost of XEM, I choose XEM as people all the same will understand sooner or later and they already understand that the price 1 BTC over is inflated up. Therefore this thought arises of people in the heads : And what it is possible to buy for 230 US dollars? Roll Eyes

Original here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455591.msg11185604#msg11185604

Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:04:35 PM

You think you have any chance of success with your deleting of other people's posts. Please look in the mirror. This awful behavior will get you nowhere.

Its a technique I have seen Reddcoin and RTC try, and it ultimately killed them. *Controlling* the conversation to paint themselves in a positive light and censor any criticism. It won't do anything but scare real investors away, especially if they didn't offer anything you can't find elsewhere in other developments. Just wait it out and hope there will be a pump or a rumor and get out as soon as you can before it crashes and burns completely to 10 sats.

the only messages that are deleted are out right FUD attempts or direct insults.. genuine criticism or negativity about certain aspects of nem will not be deleted. only obvious trolling attempts basically.

Yes, it is necessary to delete or ignore people who twist a subject of that that in hands of developers a big package of coins on 100 times around and trolling this subject XEM. They extend lie and negative attitude to XEM.

Yes,  nem mods are deleting all posts they don't like. How the fuck multisig change the fact that the distribution was changed at launch? Back last year they said the distribution would be 75% to 25%. The number was changed to 29% for stakeholders and 71% in their control.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
MrPortMan

TEZOS

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:14:02 PM

Yes,  nem mods are deleting all posts they don't like. How the fuck multisig change the fact that the distribution was changed at launch? Back last year they said the distribution would be 75% to 25%. The number was changed to 29% for stakeholders and 71% in their control.

I can ask that me included in CoSigners (My XEM address : NARQ6X-B672WY-UUX2A2-TQRPIA-GLQHQX-CNRNL4-IUDB) as i one of representatives of the Russian-speaking nemsters block. If i am included in CoSigners, and also everyone on one representative from different language nemsters blocks you will calm down Eadeqa?

Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:18:51 PM

I can ask that me included in CoSigners (My XEM address : NARQ6X-B672WY-UUX2A2-TQRPIA-GLQHQX-CNRNL4-IUDB) as i one of representatives of the Russian-speaking nemsters block. If i am included in CoSigners, and also everyone on one representative from different language nemsters blocks you will calm down Eadeqa?

No, I don't care how many CoSigners you have. You  changed the promise of 75% to 25%  at launch and confiscated the unclaimed stakes.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
MrPortMan

TEZOS

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:23:00 PM

No, I don't care how many CoSigners you have. You  changed the promise of 75% to 25%  at launch and confiscated the unclaimed stakes.

What's that got to do with it? You are afraid that developers will steal coins, here i suggest to include me in CoSigners, and it is as much as possible other representatives of different language official communities of nemsters in order that developers couldn't steal a coin. The hidden sense of your message was just about it and it isn't necessary to speak about other.

Pages: « 1 ... 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 [836] 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: