Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:27:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 [843] 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984108 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 10:11:01 PM

I tried to vote but I cant, the poll is ignoring me Cheesy, I sent request to be added to group in the morning (if that is condition, I dont know), but they didnt add me still.

Yes, first you have to like the group.  Then after a while they will approve you.  Then you can officially vote.  

Everybody please vote for XEM to be the officially currency of Liberland, and NEM their blockchain platform.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 10:12:00 PM

Okay guys, I need you help with this one.  Let's make XEM the official currency of the new country Liberland.  Please join this group and then vote up XEM after they approve you.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/liberland/

This should be top priority IMO. Could explode NEM into public discourse.

It is a great place for us to get a foothold and start the new economy.

megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 10:23:02 PM

Okay guys, I need you help with this one.  Let's make XEM the official currency of the new country Liberland.  Please join this group and then vote up XEM after they approve you.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/liberland/

It is a great place for us to get a foothold and start the new economy.

I read an article that liberland accepts bitcoin for support; how about we donate some XEM  Tongue

Vicodin

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 10:52:53 PM

Is there is any market place for XEM? Where can we buy/sell stuff for XEM?

No where, at this point NEM is an under-marketed code that NEMsters circle jerk. It is as of today pointless. Hopefully this changes soon.

Your signature is silly.

It's not like you. I went way back reading your posts. It took awhile. You weren't always like this.

Look at things this way.

Most coins are like fighter jets. They swoop in, and poof they are gone. They are exciting. They move real fast and can turn on a dime. Everything is very quick. They flash high up into the sky, or crash into the ground. A lot of times both.

This is what we are used to.

NEM is like an aircraft carrier. It takes awhile to chart it's path. Its turns are slow and deliberate.

It is very boring to watch at times. But remember, it is built to carry the planes we all like. It is very powerful. And although it may take a long time to get there, when it finally does, everyone will know it.

Come back and help us. It may take some time, but it will be very rewarding. We could use your help

I believe you care.

I do care, maybe too much. I am really hoping I am wrong but i just feel like we need more creative marketing and actually doing something and less talking.

Powerful companies spend years on R and D. Then they work for quite some time perfecting a prototype. Then it takes even longer to get to production. Then they actually make the thing. Then a marketing guru envisions the angle of the presentation. Then the masses hear about it finally.

This is the shortened version, but you get my point.

We are still at the prototype stage technically. V1 is not here yet.

Hate to say it, but NEM is not ready for prime time quite yet. Real prime time. Like your mom calls you up and wants to hear your take on this NEM thing. That prime time.

The team is solid. The platform is very promising. Real change can take time.

I'm writing this because NEM needs to be ADDING good people to the community if were really going to do this, not losing them.

Unfortunately, we all want it now. So bad we can taste it. But the team consists of some real professionals. We are all lucky they also have the wisdom and patience to know how long and hard the road to the spotlight is.

dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 10:58:52 PM

Is there is any market place for XEM? Where can we buy/sell stuff for XEM?

No where, at this point NEM is an under-marketed code that NEMsters circle jerk. It is as of today pointless. Hopefully this changes soon.

Your signature is silly.

It's not like you. I went way back reading your posts. It took awhile. You weren't always like this.

Look at things this way.

Most coins are like fighter jets. They swoop in, and poof they are gone. They are exciting. They move real fast and can turn on a dime. Everything is very quick. They flash high up into the sky, or crash into the ground. A lot of times both.

This is what we are used to.

NEM is like an aircraft carrier. It takes awhile to chart it's path. Its turns are slow and deliberate.

It is very boring to watch at times. But remember, it is built to carry the planes we all like. It is very powerful. And although it may take a long time to get there, when it finally does, everyone will know it.

Come back and help us. It may take some time, but it will be very rewarding. We could use your help

I believe you care.

I do care, maybe too much. I am really hoping I am wrong but i just feel like we need more creative marketing and actually doing something and less talking.

Powerful companies spend years on R and D. Then they work for quite some time perfecting a prototype. Then it takes even longer to get to production. Then they actually make the thing. Then a marketing guru envisions the angle of the presentation. Then the masses hear about it finally.

This is the shortened version, but you get my point.

We are still at the prototype stage technically. V1 is not here yet.

Hate to say it, but NEM is not ready for prime time quite yet. Real prime time. Like your mom calls you up and wants to hear your take on this NEM thing. That prime time.

The team is solid. The platform is very promising. Real change can take time.

I'm writing this because NEM needs to be ADDING good people to the community if were really going to do this, not losing them.

Unfortunately, we all want it now. So bad we can taste it. But the team consists of some real professionals. We are all lucky they also have the wisdom and patience to know how long and hard the road to the spotlight is.

You know how to make a point Vicodin.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
Vicodin

Activity: 226

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 11:11:46 PM

We need Senior Members with a Sig like that, too

Thanks Dandruff!!!

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:31:27 AM

Yes i think this is a must...

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 07:09:44 AM

Also, our current slogan isn't bad, but it isn't that good either.  It is more or less a generic statement that can be applied to any crypto, and isn't even said that well. 

It is as follows: NEM is a movement which aims to create a new economy based on the principles of decentralization, financial freedom, and equality of opportunity.

It might worthwhile to just think about some other suggestions. 

Here are a couple.

NEM is a blockchain platform being designed for service, speed, and security.

NEM - Because your time matters, your money matters, your security matters, and your information matters – Because YOU matter.

Please come by the forum here https://forum.ournem.com/general-discussion/change-our-introduction/ and give some feedback and suggestions for new ideas. 

Something that is short and strong that expresses a little bit more of NEM's personality would be nice. 

evi_stale

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:29:11 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2015, 08:46:27 AM by evi_stale

NEM - Because your time matters, your money matters, your security matters, and your information matters – Because YOU matter.

What's that supposed to mean to newbies?
I think you need to analyse the differences between Nem and other coins, what future developments is Nem planning compared to other coins and why is Nem better. ONLY THAN YOU DEFINE A SLOGAN.
There has to be a promotion/marketing team globally to try and promote Nem to trading business, shopping malls and don't forget about Paypal, Amazon and Ebay + you need news/media exposure. I can't even find anything about Nem in coindesk?
Take a look at this where you can buy your groceries with a cryptocoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=554412.msg11084189#msg11084189 and there are many more merchants https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=554412.0 It looks kinda stable because of there adaptations.

Also more tutorials are needed to give access to non technical people. Nem info is also all over the place (unstructured). You need to do your own research to find different types of info. On the website for example you can't even find a link to the forum or nodes. (By the way I still haven't received an activation email and there is no forum support to solve this issue!!)

Just my 2cents Smiley

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 10:11:59 AM

I think you need to analyse the differences between Nem and other coins, what future developments is Nem planning compared to other coins and why is Nem better. ONLY THAN YOU DEFINE A SLOGAN.
There has to be a promotion/marketing team globally to try and promote Nem to trading business, shopping malls and don't forget about Paypal, Amazon and Ebay + you need news/media exposure. I can't even find anything about Nem in coindesk?
Take a look at this where you can buy your groceries with a cryptocoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=554412.msg11084189#msg11084189 and there are many more merchants https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=554412.0 It looks kinda stable because of there adaptations.

Also more tutorials are needed to give access to non technical people. Nem info is also all over the place (unstructured). You need to do your own research to find different types of info. On the website for example you can't even find a link to the forum or nodes. (By the way I still haven't received an activation email and there is no forum support to solve this issue!!)

Just my 2cents Smiley

Good feedback. 

Here are some links to tutorials for you.  http://blog.nem.io/nem-tutorial-list/  We are also writing more and will continue to write more. 

We are trying to also centralize all information around nem.io so that in the future it won't be so hard for people to figure out.

Also, the email may be in your spam folder.  Also, can you tell me your email provider?  I want to pass along all this information to the guy that runs the forum. 

Ah, and by any chance did you also try Gmail?

mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:23:00 PM

So what are the next steps for nem?

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Tompa

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:00:40 PM

What would you like them to be?  Wink
If you haven't yet, come join us and propose projects, ideas etc. and help us make NEM something never before seen in the history of men! :-D

I believe that the first next step now is the publishing of the whitepaper.
Hopefully shortly after we are going to see mobile app.
Continuous strenghtening of the network, nodes etc.
Continuous refinement and adding of the features line n-x multisig, asset exchange etc.

Remember that by each day that NEM network and security isn't breached it gives NEM project validity.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 02:07:14 PM

If you haven't yet, come join us and propose projects, ideas etc. and help us make NEM something never before seen in the history of men! :-D

Continuous refinement and adding of the features line n-x multisig, asset exchange etc.

Remember that by each day that NEM network and security isn't breached it gives NEM project validity.

I see Marketing is not in this list, and it should be #1 IMHO. #2 is product, things you can actually use NEM for. the AE is a great idea but I feel it has been accomplished quite well with other coins such as NXT so we should not make it our flagship product. I believe an open bazaar, charity work (which will assist with marketing) and the mobile app are important. As well as adoption of use for established markets.

I personally am a huge charity/volunteer nerd. I challenge myself each year to 100 hours of service, and each hour represents 5$. Each time I give $5 to charity or complete and hour of volunteer work I deduct an hour. ($50 would equal 10 hours deducted, etc...) And if there is a deficit at the end of the year I must pay that deficit to a charity. (If I have 50 hours remaining January 1st, I owe $250 dollars...)

I reached out to a developer to create an app (Charity Track/Calculator) where you could enter your own hours goal, and your own amount per hour (so you go do 25 cents per hour of your goal or as high as you want, in my instance $5...) And each time you donated to charity or did some volunteer work you could share it on social media (Such as Facebook app connection) "I donated/Volunteered at XXXX today click here to see how to contribute" or something of that nature.

You could track your goal (similar to my fitnesspal, only this would track volunteer hours/charity donations) and you could see if you have a deficit/surplus by your personal chosen date. And if you owed you could pay your deficit in BTC/XEM/DOGE/LTC or whatever currency you chose to a central system that would dispense it to the charity of your choosing.

I am not typing this out as a pitch but as a point that I think we need something innovative, something outside the box, something no one will see coming and hit it hard! And actually M A R K E T     I T !

We are currently taking the "We descended from giants" and building on old ideas approach which can work, but lets not be afraid to slay a few dark lair creatures and create something new as well. We are the New Economy Movement not the Improved Economy Movement.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
jadedjack

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:41:38 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2015, 06:22:33 PM by jadedjack

the AE is a great idea but I feel it has been accomplished quite well with other coins such as NXT so we should not make it our flagship product.

Probably not, but there is a difference between NXT and NEM. Nem has an Eigentrust system built in to the core.
This means that it is possible to have a P2P generated ranking system.
Like Ebay has. Which would reduce the number of thieves crooks and scammers.

BadaBing
punkrock

Activity: 808
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 06:29:50 PM

WANT TO BUY XEM

Any cool and trusted NEMster here, who will sell me 2,500,000 XEM for 1.4 BTC?
nembugs

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 06:47:29 PM

Interesting! XEM on coinmarketcap is 23rd by both volume and cap.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:30:32 PM

just a question: everyone i have to re-start my NEM client i have to re-import my account address?

Thx!

any help?
evi_stale

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:14:29 PM

Just my 2cents Smiley

Good feedback. 

Here are some links to tutorials for you.  http://blog.nem.io/nem-tutorial-list/  We are also writing more and will continue to write more. 

We are trying to also centralize all information around nem.io so that in the future it won't be so hard for people to figure out.

Also, the email may be in your spam folder.  Also, can you tell me your email provider?  I want to pass along all this information to the guy that runs the forum. 

I'm using Yahoo, but someone from the Helpdesk on http://support.ournem.com managed to get me verified.

As someone else also said before Nem is also my last hope in crypto as I lost a couple of thousand dollars in crypto. I've downloaded the Nem wallet and it really looks good and user friendly.
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 10:16:57 PM

Just my 2cents Smiley

Good feedback. 

I'm using Yahoo, but someone from the Helpdesk on http://support.ournem.com managed to get me verified.

As someone else also said before Nem is also my last hope in crypto as I lost a couple of thousand dollars in crypto. I've downloaded the Nem wallet and it really looks good and user friendly.

Im glad you were fixed up. :-)

Opinions vary and you'd expect me to say so, but I also believe that right now NEM is the best hope (only real hope) for crypto.

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 10:28:34 PM

+1

What would you like to see NEM do?

NEM - starts with you.

Really. Make a good enough case and the devs will build it.  They are very open-minded, flexible and have a pretty good ear for the communty's voice. Having many times switched directions from community feedback.

Pages: « 1 ... 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 [843] 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: