Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:09:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 [844] 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984108 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
choochimil

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:32:19 PM

What is the latest on clearing sock puppet accused stakes?

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrPortMan

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

TEZOS

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:45:58 PM

XEM will one of cryptocurrencies Liberland Smiley

Tezos address : KT1PPmJn9ZfVUSp6VDv92S7epKdZoU1cHV5f
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 11:37:03 PM

XEM will one of cryptocurrencies Liberland Smiley

'one of'? I though they choose only one currency.

evi_stale

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 11:58:00 PM

So what are the next steps for nem?

What would you like them to be?  Wink
If you haven't yet, come join us and propose projects, ideas etc. and help us make NEM something never before seen in the history of men! :-D

I believe that the first next step now is the publishing of the whitepaper.
Hopefully shortly after we are going to see mobile app.
Continuous strenghtening of the network, nodes etc.
Continuous refinement and adding of the features line n-x multisig, asset exchange etc.

Remember that by each day that NEM network and security isn't breached it gives NEM project validity.

+1

What would you like to see NEM do?

NEM - starts with you.

Really. Make a good enough case and the devs will build it.  They are very open-minded, flexible and have a pretty good ear for the communty's voice. Having many times switched directions from community feedback.

It worries me that many people have their nem's parked at Poloniex. One think that I've learned is that can never trust anyone in crypto even if you know their real ID and it's a trustworthy person.
What I would love to see a decentralized (p2p) exchange so that 3rd party exchanges are no longer needed.

There will be plenty of unclaimed stakes left. Can this amount be divided into smaller stakes and issues to the newly accepted citizens of Liberland for free.

I saw that some people weren't interested because of the price and volume and they felt that we were spamming the Liberland FB page. We don't necessary have to downplay Bitcoin. Is there a way to collaborate with Bitcoin and make sure Bitcoin and Nem complement each other?

4. Nem and Xem are confusing terms. Can Xem be changed into Nem?

nickelback65

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:19:08 AM

I totally agree with #4. 

Let's ditch XEM for NEM!
mikelitoris

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:25:52 AM

crypto currencies need to be as portable as cash, otherwise it cannot be effective to show people how versatile and easy to use they are if you need to lug around a laptop, very few coins have decent mobile features.

i look forward to seeing what nem comes up with

6561742061206469636b
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:27:51 AM

crypto currencies need to be as portable as cash, otherwise it cannot be effective to show people how versatile and easy to use they are if you need to lug around a laptop, very few coins have decent mobile features.

An android/ios app with nfc transfers would be awesome

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
mikelitoris

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:31:22 AM

in wallet fiat to nem exchange, so easy nan and pop could use it, at the moment this is a big barrier to mass adoption.

6561742061206469636b
yshin365new

Activity: 289

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:00:09 AM

What would you like them to be?  Wink
If you haven't yet, come join us and propose projects, ideas etc. and help us make NEM something never before seen in the history of men! :-D

Continuous refinement and adding of the features line n-x multisig, asset exchange etc.

Remember that by each day that NEM network and security isn't breached it gives NEM project validity.

+1

What would you like to see NEM do?

NEM - starts with you.

Really. Make a good enough case and the devs will build it.  They are very open-minded, flexible and have a pretty good ear for the communty's voice. Having many times switched directions from community feedback.

It worries me that many people have their nem's parked at Poloniex. One think that I've learned is that can never trust anyone in crypto even if you know their real ID and it's a trustworthy person.
What I would love to see a decentralized (p2p) exchange so that 3rd party exchanges are no longer needed.

There will be plenty of unclaimed stakes left. Can this amount be divided into smaller stakes and issues to the newly accepted citizens of Liberland for free.

I saw that some people weren't interested because of the price and volume and they felt that we were spamming the Liberland FB page. We don't necessary have to downplay Bitcoin. Is there a way to collaborate with Bitcoin and make sure Bitcoin and Nem complement each other?

Excellent!
I agree to 2. 3. 4.
I already left my opinion about "XEM" in following....
https://forum.ournem.com/general-discussion/change-our-introduction/

I am still curious where is NEM's currency unit "XEM" from.
For a beginner/stranger, expression "NEM" need an explanation.(NEM is a NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT........)
In BITCOIN, dogecoin.... bit, doge are already existing word, and no need of explanation of bit, doge.
And they are also currency unit.
How simple and easy they are.
But, in spite that "NEM" is not easy expression as bit, doge....,
it's currency unit "XEM" is much more unfamiliar.
How to explain "XEM"?
And, is there any need of explanation of currency unit?
I couldn't even know how to read[pronounce] "XEM"
(At first, I thought 'X' in XEM as the same thing in 'XRP' 'XMR' 'XDP'.)
Even though "NEM" is much more than a mere cryptocurrency,
there is no reason of having different name of currency unit.
At least, "XEM" is not NEM's merit.
"NEM's currency unit is NEM." - How simple and easy! And it's a needless expression.
(If somebody complain "Why currency unit is NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT?"
How about this?
Currency unit NEM is "New Economy Money/ Never Ending Money" )
The easier/simlpler, the better.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 11:15:31 AM by yshin365new »

yshin365new

Activity: 289

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:21:22 AM

Just look at the title of our thread.
 "NEM (XEM) Official Thread -100% Original Codebase - Over 70 Active Team Members"
Doesn't it seem to be somewhat awkward/clumsy?
Which one is better?
"NEM (XEM) Official Thread" ? or "NEM Official Thread"?
Vicodin

Activity: 226

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 02:47:46 AM

What would you like them to be?  Wink

I see Marketing is not in this list, and it should be #1 IMHO. #2 is product, things you can actually use NEM for. the AE is a great idea but I feel it has been accomplished quite well with other coins such as NXT so we should not make it our flagship product. I believe an open bazaar, charity work (which will assist with marketing) and the mobile app are important. As well as adoption of use for established markets.

I personally am a huge charity/volunteer nerd. I challenge myself each year to 100 hours of service, and each hour represents 5$. Each time I give $5 to charity or complete and hour of volunteer work I deduct an hour. ($50 would equal 10 hours deducted, etc...) And if there is a deficit at the end of the year I must pay that deficit to a charity. (If I have 50 hours remaining January 1st, I owe $250 dollars...)

I reached out to a developer to create an app (Charity Track/Calculator) where you could enter your own hours goal, and your own amount per hour (so you go do 25 cents per hour of your goal or as high as you want, in my instance $5...) And each time you donated to charity or did some volunteer work you could share it on social media (Such as Facebook app connection) "I donated/Volunteered at XXXX today click here to see how to contribute" or something of that nature.

You could track your goal (similar to my fitnesspal, only this would track volunteer hours/charity donations) and you could see if you have a deficit/surplus by your personal chosen date. And if you owed you could pay your deficit in BTC/XEM/DOGE/LTC or whatever currency you chose to a central system that would dispense it to the charity of your choosing.

I am not typing this out as a pitch but as a point that I think we need something innovative, something outside the box, something no one will see coming and hit it hard! And actually M A R K E T     I T !

We are currently taking the "We descended from giants" and building on old ideas approach which can work, but lets not be afraid to slay a few dark lair creatures and create something new as well. We are the New Economy Movement not the Improved Economy Movement.

I agree that we need something new and outside the box.

As for marketing
A full on marketing assault may be a ways off,
But it is a good time to be coming up with ideas.

Dandruff, I believe that much of the planning is being done on the NEM forum on purpose,
So you probably won't get too much of a response here. So go over to the NEM forum
          https://forum.ournem.com/index.php
There you can keep the marketing conversation going

Realize that the team is focused on other things and you may not see everyone jump on quick because the big marketing push is later
But
You can keep the conversation going, even if slowly at first.

I like the idea of planning now.

You will find that Xtester is very talented when it comes to marketing and promotion.

Working with a team takes a ton of understanding and patience as well.

Building relationships and being conscious of those relationships is ALWAYS more important than an idea or making a point.

Honestly, it seems that much of the team is very busy with other things, so just go there and instead of PUSHING the marketing aspect each day, simply open the door, and let those who want to walk through it with you do so.

I know I will be there walking through it with you, because I think it's important.

Mostly because it's a bitch to market a crypto, so we better be planning now.

Vicodin

Activity: 226

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 03:20:25 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2015, 03:42:29 AM by Vicodin

An android/ios app with nfc transfers would be awesome

+1

in wallet fiat to nem exchange, so easy nan and pop could use it, at the moment this is a big barrier to mass adoption.

+1

What worries me is many of us know so much about how computers and technology work,
That we fail to understand just how hard of a time a regular person has with these systems.

An app linked to a fiat exchange is step 1 to mass adoption.

It should be as easy as download the app, done

I want to be a part of NEM, I download the app and buy some, like I would anything else these days.

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:14:03 AM

Agreed. I brought the issue up as well but people will always choose convienience over security. Of course they won't fail to whine and point fingers when they get burned.

Could be a good idea depends on what Liberland actually turns out to be. In Any event we'll need stuff similar to this to distribute XEM as far and wide as possible.

Bitcoin should have been replaced long time ago. They don't want collaboration and most Bitcoiners are condescending as hell eventhough their tech is clearly outdated to say the least.

XEM was chosen for very good reasons. Currency codes usually start with an X. On huge exchanges like Kraken BTC is listed as XBT and not BTC. So right there XEM is more compliant with standards. Also it makes little to no sense to name the currency New Economy Movement. Are you going to pay for your coffee with 1 movement ?

pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:14:40 AM

Hello patmast3r.

When Nem stakes for late BTT stake holders will be send? I thought it was week ago but I still don't see anything on my wallet.
I am on this list https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/registered/

evi_stale

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:07:11 AM

Hello patmast3r.

When Nem stakes for late BTT stake holders will be send? I thought it was week ago but I still don't see anything on my wallet.
I am on this list https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/registered/

It was mentioned on the Nem forum that yesterday 22 stakes were sent out.
m3

Activity: 460

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 09:27:28 AM

http://themerkle.com/speculation/new-economy-movement-xem-technical-analysis-for-4282015/

New Economy Movement (XEM) Technical Analysis For 4/28/2015

KloNEM

Activity: 181
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:59:38 AM

Hi, NEMsters!

I have a question about delegate harvesting -- local harvesting working in my NIS/NCC client on my workstation like a charm. So I did it "Activate delegated harvesting" on this local client (is it correct? Wouldn't be on remote machine / NEM ?), waited for 6 hours / 360 confirmations. Then I click to the button "Start delegated harvesting", it wants password to my wallet and then I got the error about "Maximum number of harvesters allowed on server has been reached.". I suppose I hadn't configured remote harvesting issues on my NEM client on my workstation - but I suppose somewhere in this step I'll be delegate node (IP? appropriate "remote account"?), to which I'd like to transfer harvesting. Or is it remote harvesting "automagical", it means it's automatically delegated my vested balance into some of full NEM nodes in the remote network ?

I run the latest version 0.6.28 (standalone version on Linux). I'm also able to build this node on some of my servers, this is not a problem. I just like to clearly understand, how delegated harvesting algorithm works and I don't want to make some fatal mistake. So, better to ask professionals here before, I guess ;-)

Thanks for your hints, thanks to all hardly working NEM developers and good luck to whole NEM project!
mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:05:10 AM

Hi, NEMsters!

I have a question about delegate harvesting -- local harvesting working in my NIS/NCC client on my workstation like a charm. So I did it "Activate delegated harvesting" on this local client (is it correct? Wouldn't be on remote machine / NEM ?), waited for 6 hours / 360 confirmations. Then I click to the button "Start delegated harvesting", it wants password to my wallet and then I got the error about "Maximum number of harvesters allowed on server has been reached.". I suppose I hadn't configured remote harvesting issues on my NEM client on my workstation - but I suppose somewhere in this step I'll be delegate node (IP? appropriate "remote account"?), to which I'd like to transfer harvesting. Or is it remote harvesting "automagical", it means it's automatically delegated my vested balance into some of full NEM nodes in the remote network ?

I run the latest version 0.6.28 (standalone version on Linux). I'm also able to build this node on some of my servers, this is not a problem. I just like to clearly understand, how delegated harvesting algorithm works and I don't want to make some fatal mistake. So, better to ask professionals here before, I guess ;-)

Thanks for your hints, thanks to all hardly working NEM developers and good luck to whole NEM project!

In settings you must replace localhost with the address of a remote nis ( i know the set up guide is terrible and doesnt touch on this important step).

KloNEM

Activity: 181
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:41:03 AM

Hi, NEMsters!

In settings you must replace localhost with the address of a remote nis ( i know the set up guide is terrible and doesnt touch on this important step).

Where exactly? In nis/config.properties or ncc/config.properties ? And which line? `nem.host' ? Then I'll not be able to connect to local node / workstation, isn't ?

Anyway, for running a "server node" is or is not necessary to create some another (even if empty) wallet/account? Is on remote node necessary to run both ./nix.runNis.sh & ./nix.runNcc.sh, or `Nis' is enough ? Communication between local client and server node is thru 7890/http (or 7891/https) ?

Thanks a lot!
mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:55:51 PM

Hi, NEMsters!

Where exactly? In nis/config.properties or ncc/config.properties ? And which line? `nem.host' ? Then I'll not be able to connect to local node / workstation, isn't ?

Anyway, for running a "server node" is or is not necessary to create some another (even if empty) wallet/account? Is on remote node necessary to run both ./nix.runNis.sh & ./nix.runNcc.sh, or `Nis' is enough ? Communication between local client and server node is thru 7890/http (or 7891/https) ?

Thanks a lot!

When you are in your wallet click on settings and under "host" change it to the address of a remote nis, I suggest nemnode.tk

Pages: « 1 ... 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 [844] 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: