Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:33:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 [1121] 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984064 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dannac

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Crypto Geek

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:08:20 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2016, 07:46:22 AM by dannac

I got a message from someone regarding this thread today.  In the spirit of transparency, instead of privately answering them, i'm going to publicly post a response.

A couple of data points:

a) Bittrex was not notified of the failed attempt to attack our exchange.  I was made aware of the attempt to social engineer our process on March 17th, around 1 am PST, when talking to the developers in the NEM slack.

b) Someone deposited funds to our exchange and tried to social engineer double crediting of a single deposit of coins.  This is not a flaw with NEM;  If an exchange isn't properly tracking txids, someone can try to double claim something deposited.  We have multiple layers to safeguard against that.

c) The withdrawal of properly credited funds were coincidentally delayed that evening because the NEM wallet produced an error. "2016-03-16 06:35:57.936 INFO chain update of 4 blocks (0 transactions) needed 97767 ms (0 μs/tx)  --> That means his system was basically dead. Might be memory problems or something else." After service was restored, we proceeded to wait 24 hours before crediting the account for withdrawal.

I hope this answers the query we got and sheds light on what happened from our side.  

Thanks,
richie@bittrex

Thanks you very much Richie for you public answer.  I really appreciate it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:17:38 AM

oh c'mon fellas. What happend to ignoring them ?

I don't give a shit what happend at this point. It had, from the very start nothing to do with NEM. So take this somewhere else. If you have beef with kotdycoon then solve this crap with him instead of trying to tarnish the rep of NEM. What the fuck are you trying to accomplish here ?

The flaw used by kodtycoon is not specific to NEM.
Kodtycoon is not affiliated with NEM in any official capacity

So gtfo psycho.

dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:18:28 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2016, 11:17:32 AM by dannac

I got a message from someone regarding this thread today.  In the spirit of transparency, instead of privately answering them, i'm going to publicly post a response.

A couple of data points:

a) Bittrex was not notified of the failed attempt to attack our exchange.  I was made aware of the attempt to social engineer our process on March 17th, around 1 am PST, when talking to the developers in the NEM slack.

b) Someone deposited funds to our exchange and tried to social engineer double crediting of a single deposit of coins.  This is not a flaw with NEM;  If an exchange isn't properly tracking txids, someone can try to double claim something deposited.  We have multiple layers to safeguard against that.

c) The withdrawal of properly credited funds were coincidentally delayed that evening because the NEM wallet produced an error. "2016-03-16 06:35:57.936 INFO chain update of 4 blocks (0 transactions) needed 97767 ms (0 μs/tx)  --> That means his system was basically dead. Might be memory problems or something else." After service was restored, we proceeded to wait 24 hours before crediting the account for withdrawal.

I hope this answers the query we got and sheds light on what happened from our side.  

Thanks,
richie@bittrex

So Basically Someone from NEM TEAM made Bittrex aware of the attempt Hack Attack ONLY AFTER CECVW user started to publicly posted in the Thread....
What a coincidence !!!  Shocked  Shocked
NOW I WANT TO SEE WHAT THE UNBELIEVERS HAVE TO SAY...
Keep calling us Fools, Clowns... whatever.. C'mon...
NEM IS CORRUPTED. NEM IS A DIRTY AFFAIR.
HONESTY, THAT UNKNOWN.

dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:24:18 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2016, 11:19:01 AM by dannac

oh c'mon fellas. What happend to ignoring them ?

I don't give a shit what happend at this point. It had, from the very start nothing to do with NEM. So take this somewhere else. If you have beef with kotdycoon then solve this crap with him instead of trying to tarnish the rep of NEM. What the fuck are you trying to accomplish here ?

The flaw used by kodtycoon is not specific to NEM.
Kodtycoon is not affiliated with NEM in any official capacity

So gtfo psycho.

hey mate, kodtycoon is still in the NEM CORE TEAM list... not like you... that's different.
He clearly states that NEM CORE TEAM WAS AWARE OF IT  !!!!!
So, NEM CORE TEAM DELIBERATELY ALLOWED ONE OF HIS MEMBER TO HACK AN EXCHANGE FOR OWN PROFIT. THAT'S FRAUD.
MOREOVER, A NEM CORE TEAM MEMBER STOLEN NEMS FORM ANOTHER USER TO HACK AN EXCHANGE !!!!!  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked HE ADMITTED IT IN HIS STATEMENT.
NEM CORE DIDN'T ADVISE THE EXCHANGE REGARDING THE ISSUE.... AS BITTREX REPRESENTATIVE CLEARLY STATES !!!!!
NEM TEAM REALISED THAT THEY WERE IN DANGER ONLY WHEN THINGS START TO BECAME PUBLICLY... AND THAT'S THE TIME THEY CONTACTED BITTREX.
IF THIS DIRTY WOULD HAVE NOT CAME ALIVE, NEM TEAM WOULD HAVE NEVER ADVISE THE EXCHANGE !!!!!!
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:26:52 AM

@Dannac;

I see that the Trolling level has reached to; Expert.

Keep going and you will earn the level; Extraordinary.
You just need 1876 more XP.

dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:30:18 AM

Guy you fighting and arguing about something is helping xem at the moment.

Do you really think this could help NEM Huh  Shocked  Shocked
No... let me understand... REALLY ??  Shocked
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:32:23 AM

@Dannac;

You really don't want to read it... don't you ?
YOU JUST RECEIVED A PUBLICLY MESSAGE FROM A BITTREX EXCHANGE REPRESENTATIVE !!!!!  Shocked
What else do you need to understand it ?
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:38:43 AM

Please, if there's a real ( I mean real, not a Puppet driven by NEM team) user here in this forum that believe NEM is doing something wrong PLEASE JOIN US.
We just want to fight the NEM Team corruption and Dishonesty.
Nothing personal against any of the Forum User. I've never attacked any single user, only fairly replied to their offences, and I haven't done it often enough probably.
They all seem blind here, but I know their are acting like that. There must be someone Incorruptible out there.
Please if you are unsure, spend your time reading all the evidence that are posted in the last few pages. If you care about the Crypto future, it will be well worth.
Thanks in advance.

patmast3r

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:48:59 AM

@Dannac;

YOU JUST RECEIVED A PUBLICLY MESSAGE FROM A BITTREX EXCHANGE REPRESENTATIVE !!!!!  Shocked

And that message backs up kodtycoons story. What more do YOU need?
And no, he is NOT of the core team. Who's spreading lies now ?

Kodtycoon used psychos coins in a way he shouldn't have. That aint on anyone but kodtycoon so stop trying to tarnish NEM.
That's also the only wrong thing he did in regards to this matter. He was honest with the exchanges and never stole a single XEM.

This is a moderated thread and if you keep up the bullshit I assume your missrepresentations are going to get cleaned up.

HerCule

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:51:15 AM

Thousands of happy investors... And now, a handful of trolls that didn't pay attention want a call to arms. Shame on you.
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 08:00:52 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2016, 10:58:34 AM by dannac

@Dannac;

YOU JUST RECEIVED A PUBLICLY MESSAGE FROM A BITTREX EXCHANGE REPRESENTATIVE !!!!!  Shocked

And that message backs up kodtycoons story. What more do YOU need?
And no, he is NOT of the core team. Who's spreading lies now ?

Kodtycoon used psychos coins in a way he shouldn't have. That aint on anyone but kodtycoon so stop trying to tarnish NEM.
That's also the only wrong thing he did in regards to this matter. He was honest with the exchanges and never stole a single XEM.

This is a moderated thread and if you keep up the bullshit I assume your missrepresentations are going to get cleaned up.

Sorry Patmast3r.. but since Codtycoon was in the Member Team List, I was assuming it was actually in the Team  Grin
I shouldn't have done that silly mistake.
Thanks for your attention.
I think you can now put me on Ignore Mode again.
From my understanding this one was the Unmoderated Thread.. the Moderated one was another one...
Anyway. I'm not talking about anything that is not NEM related. I'm not using a scurriluous language. I'm not attacking person,  I may have only replied in a more polite way to someone else attacks, without stating one, never ever. I think that would be more than acceptable according the the Forum rules.
So, exactly, what would the reason be to kick me out or shot my mouth or whatever you want me to do ?
Is not the first time you threat me telling me something like that. And always when my opinion is different from yours.
I'M JUST ANALYSING FACTS AND EVIDENCES posted here form someone else. It's in front of everyone's eyes.
No worries, I've already got screenshots of everything has bene posted, I was expecting a threat like this from your side.
I'm going to contact Bitcointalk right now, reporting your threatening message.I will ask them if there's something wrong in what I wrote, and if that the case, I'll be more then happy to remove/modify them.
Btw, there are other Forums, some even more influent than this one. If you want me to move there no problem at all.
patmast3r

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 08:12:56 AM

Sorry Patmast3r.. but since Codtycoon was in the Member Team List, I was assuming it was actually in the Team  Grin
I shouldn't have done that silly mistake.
Thanks for your attention.
I think you can now put me on Ignore Mode again.
From my understanding this one was the Unmoderated Thread.. the Moderated one was another one...
Anyway. I'm not talking about anything that is not NEM related. I'm not using a scurriluous language. I'm not attacking person,  I may have only replied in a more polite way to someone else attacks, without stating one, never ever. I think that would be more than acceptable according the the Forum rules.
So, exactly, what would the reason be to kick me out ?
I'M JUST ANALYSING FACTS AND EVIDENCES posted here form someone else. It's in front of everyone eyes.
No worries, I've already got screenshots of everything has bene posted, I was expecting a threat like this from your side.
I'm going to contact Bitcointalk right now, reporting your threatening message.I will ask them if there's something wrong in what I wrote, and if that the case, I'll be more then happy to remove/modify them.
Btw, here are other Forum, some even more influent than this one. If you want me to move there no problem at all.

I said I presume it'll get cleaned up. That's hardly a thread and also I don't have access to the account that could do the cleaning. Go talk to the moderators. I'm sure they'll be delighted to hear from you. "hey those guys are deleting posts. They are using a legit forum function to moderate a thread. Can't you do something about that ?"

You've double and tripple posted and are making false accusations. Moderation is more than called for.

(Remember that the mods will see IPs so they might find out that, I don't know you've posted with 2 accounts maybe)

dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 08:17:31 AM

How do u define them false accusations ? there's a difference between thesis and theories.
We were looking for proof, that's it. And the guy from Bittrex is not me. Is a guy that though it would have been better to post here. Has been his call, not mine.
Btw, Thanks for the hint. But since I have one and only ONE account here that will not be MY problem.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 08:21:01 AM

A couple of data points:

Thanks,
richie@bittrex

I can confirm this statement and would like to thank the owner of Bittrex taking his time to post. 

CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 08:36:42 AM

A couple of data points:

Thanks,
richie@bittrex

Thank you very much richie I really appreciate your honesty

Also I received an answer from poloniex:

''I have told you how the transaction information was used. I do not know whether the person who claimed the XEM is on the NEM team. I did not grant anyone permission to use public transaction info to hack this exchange.''

So its very clear all the mess created by Kodycoon and his corrupted friends protecting him here, we are going to contact BTC38 today.

He did not admit wrong doing but he carry on manipulating the fact deleting parts that show he was guilty in http://pastebin.com/ipttRjL3 but he said the parts where not really importance. Put the parts you delete it!

Between his friends starting to say he is not part of NEM and yes he is part and bla, bla bla , making it more ridiculous the situation.. Asking him how vulnerabities are in the exchanges and he replying there are lots to go thru!  Then he asked him asking to vote for him to be contiuned being affliated with NEM or no. Then patmast3r saying Kodtycoon is not affiliated with NEM in any official capacity. SO WHY KODTYCOON SAID THE BELOW:

''Look if people in nem don't want me to be affiliated with nem in anyway for any reason, that's fine. I wont be dumping any nem regardless of whether i am or not. Is that what U want cecvw? If that's what anyone wants, please speak up and I will step down "officially" if it hasn't already been assumed.''

Then patmast3r saying Kodtycoon is not affiliated with NEM in any official capacity. And kodtycoon saying he will step down "officially"

Please I demand not a public apology for stealing my NEM stake in the first place but for all the stress created here accusing Dannac and me all trolling, lies  and being the same person and also to "officially" apologies to the exchanges not Kodtycoon but Official Managers for allowing this going on for so long and do doing anything when we reported in private someone from the team or  ex team was hackening exchanges, if you continue carry on being so stubborn all you are doing is creating the end of NEM. NEM does not deserve what we have seen here the last few days, its a disgrace.

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
HerCule

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:14:21 AM

Please clean up the thread...  Sad
kauppalahti

Activity: 235
Merit: 110

HAVUJA PERKELE!

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:18:10 AM

Please clean up the thread...  Sad

+8,999,999,999
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 09:35:08 AM

This thread was made moderated for a reason, I think both CECVW and dannac (clearly same acct) fulfill all the requirements.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:44:18 AM

This thread was made moderated for a reason, I think both CECVW and dannac (clearly same acct) fulfill all the requirements.

Sorry, are you saying that reporting facts happened on the forum itself is sufficient to require a 'Clean up' of the posts ?
I'm just asking as I didn't quite understand you post. Not sure if you are referring to the requirements for a clean up or or not.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 09:51:52 AM

Sorry, are you saying that reporting facts happened on the forum itself is sufficient to require a 'Clean up' of the posts ?
I'm just asking as I didn't quite understand you post. Not sure if you are referring to the requirements for a clean up or or not.

There's other unmoderated thread, please go offload there. EOT for me.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
Pages: « 1 ... 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 [1121] 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: