Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:05:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 [1125] 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984157 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pgb

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 03:16:48 PM

With "He told them immediately after the hack and got a freaking bounty for it" he refers to btc38 and you go on about Bittrex. 2 different things. Please stop this nonsense now.

NEM : TAFTFJ-JJ4XTW-FNYZU7-HZR2Y2-RXIKEW-QIOWFJ-WM4N
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dannac

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Crypto Geek

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 03:53:40 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2016, 04:28:40 PM by dannac

With "He told them immediately after the hack and got a freaking bounty for it" he refers to btc38 and you go on about Bittrex. 2 different things. Please stop this nonsense now.

But...  BTC38 facts still need to be confirmed.
This Exchange has been contacted yesterday and they said an investigation is currently in course.

I thought we were discussing only about facts,  and not suppositions.
I didn't read anywhere about any confirmation about the Bouncy from BTC38 to kodtycoon. Neither about BTC38 Exchange been contacted from him and in which date.
I would wait for a confirmation from them before assuming it as a Fact. Especially considering that in regard BITTREX facts don't reflect Codtycoon's admission.
I've been accused of misrepresentation of facts, that's why I didn't discuss about BTC38 Hack attack yet.
I would wait BTC38 confirmation before say anything about it.

And I thought Patmast3r would have done the same.
Sorry for my wrong assumption.
That was the reason why I request a clarification to him.
And I did that saying PLEASE, I want to specify that again.
In a very polite way.

Why you defined it as nonsense?
Also,  BTC38 doesn't appear in the Patmast3r statement.  So...

Anyway, pgb I really appreciate you've tried to clarify it on your own.
But a reply from Patmast3r would be even more appreciated.
Awaiting to hear from him.
Thanks a lot
I appreciate the effort of clarification.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:26:01 PM

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:33:39 PM

Patmast3r, I don't want to fight with you, at least not today  Grin
I want to talk to you in a civil manner, and I'm expecting the same from your side, at least for this time.
I'm not attacking anyone.
What I'm asking is:

Why you posted the above Red highlighted Statement, when:

- Richie from Bittrex said on his own post that he has been informed about the Social Engineer Hacking on date March 17th (a NEM Developer contacted him in Slack, and not Codtycoon IMMEDIATELY after the hack attack as u say)
- Codtycoon said to CECVW that BITTREX was hackered on date March 15th.

Considerations about this:
There are 2 days in between the 2 events (so I wouldn't use the word IMMEDIATELY),
Kodtycoon is not the one that contacted the Exchange, as Richie Attested, and
NEM Dev contacted the Exchange only after CECVW started to publicly post here (on 16th March)

I don't have details on the attack but i understand it involved social engineering the support. That can take at least 2 days and only after the support acted would kodtycon have known that the flaw indeed exists. So it's hard to pinpoint how long after he knew that his attack was successfull he contacted the exchange. Within 1 day I'd say qulifies as immediately given that timezones and support response times were involved. That's subjective and debateable but to me that seems like he did tell them in a reasonable amount of time.

I'd like to point out that richie stated that a NEM Dev contacted him. For all I know he could have thought kodtycon is a NEM dev. I have seen 0 proof of the fact that they only made contact after cecvw posted here. You guys keep claiming it but I have seen no proof of it. Truth is only the people that were involved in the conversation can know and since you werent involved, I wasn't involved and cecvw wasn't involved neither of us should be making any claims regarding the timeline because we simply can't know for sure.

Also know that multiple exchanges were contacted when the flaw was discovered. They people involved wanted to get all exchanges to fix the flaw. If you think about it not posting publicly about this makes a lot of sense if you know of a flaw and you have no malicous intent then you want that flaw fixed before it goes public. Makes sense no ?

I'm only trying to explain that this is the kind of things we are referring to, when we say that you guys are trying to covered it.
We don't want to offend you or anyone else. We only refer to things like this.
Don't want to attack anyone, don't want to be offensive with anyone in any way. Of course, if you don't attack us first.
It's just a simple analysis of facts, do you understand it ? that's all we want.

I and everyone else understands the facts. We simply see them differently and understand that this is a matter that NEM itself wasn't involved. We can't know who knew what and when they knew it so smearing everyone and their uncle is absurd. Why try to smear a project that some people are working very hard on because one person acted in a way that cecvw didn't like ? It makes no sense and since you guys are constantly regering to justice...where's the justice in that ?

I've copied and pasted the above facts from conversations and previous posts, so I think i'm not misreporting information has you accused me in previous messages.
For you convenience, the post from BITTREX Owner (Richie) is here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg14266960#msg14266960

I understand, as you stated in the previous message that you have A LOT of NEMs and you want to defend them, you don't want to sell them...
Nobody's asking that. I understand it. Do whatever you want with your NEMs.

I'm supposed to cut all my ties with NEM. My XEM and the contact i have with the people are all ties I have to NEM so clearly that is what is asked.

What drive me crazy is when I are trying to explain something, and someone else involved in the counterpart try to deny me any rights with any sort of argumentation only with the intent to point public attention in a different direction.
Is not that we are crazy, or we want to act as psychopaths as you like to define us.

Is that really crazy asking a Clarification about something that happened in the Community that is not clear ?

Yet when people clarify or ask for clarification on your (cecvw and you) part all we get is stuff about scandals and cover ups instead of level headed responses. You guys are the ones that see a conspiracy in everything so we don't get to clarify anything because anything we say is just to cover stuff up which is absurd. We have no reason to cover it up because we only care about NEM and NEM wasn't involved in this mess kodtycon was. And the only wrong thing he did was use someone elses coins to test the attack which cecvw according to the messages seems to have been cool with until he didn't get part of the bounty. 

What I'm just asking, in the most polite way, with a huge 'please' in front of it (if this help to get a nicer treatment from you):

WHY you say "..He told them immediately after the hack.." when reading his messages and also the Exchange owner Post it appears that Hack Attack was done on 15th March, and Exchange has been privately contacted on 17th March from a NEM Developer, that means who contacted them cannot be Kodtycoon since you assured Kodty is not in the NEM Development Team anymore ? CECVW started to post about this issue on 16th March...

That's it. Only Why you do that.

We would really appreciate if you could help us to understand you statement.
I'm not freaking out, I'm not acting like psychopath. So you cannot use this as excuse this time. I'm Only asking why you say that, and based on which facts..
That's all.
I'm asking this saying PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. With no Irony.
I don't think I'm asking too much.

Thanks in advance, in case you will be able to reply to this message with the same calm and sobriety I've used to write it.
Again,  no irony was used to write this message. So please, try to reply in a serious manner.
Thank you Patmast3r

I guess I answered all of it.

dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:36:52 PM

you like provocation , don't you ?!?  Grin  Grin
But that was purely a question for Patmast3r.
Really, nothing more then that.
No criticism, no Attack.. as you can read on the above.
If he doesn't want to reply, his call. If he replies, that will be really appreciate.

Btw, now you made me want chips !!!  Cool  Cool
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:41:58 PM

you like provocation , don't you ?!?  Grin  Grin
But that was purely a question for Patmast3r.
Really, nothing more then that.
No criticism, no Attack.. as you can read on the above.
If he doesn't want to reply, his call. If he replies, that will be really appreciate.

Btw, now you made me want chips !!!  Cool  Cool

gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 05:02:20 PM

NEM Dev contacted the Exchange only after CECVW started to publicly post here (on 16th March)[/b]

You're simply lying here. None of the devs is in contact with any exchange.

Any contacts with exchanges are usually handled by marketing team.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:13:35 PM

NEM Dev contacted the Exchange only after CECVW started to publicly post here (on 16th March)[/b]

Well, that's not me, it's Richie, the BITTREX Exchange's Representative/Owner.
This is the post he left: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg14266960#msg14266960
I paste a portion of it below here for your convenience:
_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________
 .....Bittrex was not notified of the failed attempt to attack our exchange.  I was made aware of the attempt to social engineer our process on March 17th, around 1 am PST, when talking to the developers in the NEM slack.

Thanks,
richie@bittrex
_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________

Don't worry, Don't need to feel sorry to have called me liar.
Is not the worst I've got in the last few days...  Grin
Cheers
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:16:20 PM

I guess I answered all of it.

Cheers Patmast3r, I appreciate the effort and the time spent.
And I also Appreciate that, apparently, you didn't refer to me with any epithets this time  Grin
Thanks a lot !!

Bye Bye
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:22:36 PM

Well, that's not me, it's Ritchie, the BITTREX Exchange's Representative/Owner.
This is the post he left: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg14266960#msg14266960
I paste a portion of it below here for your convenience:
 .....Bittrex was not notified of the failed attempt to attack our exchange.  I was made aware of the attempt to social engineer our process on March 17th, around 1 am PST, when talking to the developers in the NEM slack.

Thanks,
richie@bittrex

Don't worry, Don't need to feel sorry to have called me liar.
Is not the worst I've got in the last few days...  Grin
Cheers

The word dev in crypto land is pretty much anyone involved in a project. I'm positive some people don't even realize it's short for developer and just use it to describe anyone working in anyway on a project.

zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:33:46 PM

What a waste of time that could have been spent productively. Don't feed the trolls.

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
dimonarka

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:55:35 PM

Who can sell appr. 50kk XEM?
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:26:59 PM

How many sorry ?
dimonarka

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:03:03 PM

How many sorry ?

appr 50.000.000 +-
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:12:08 PM

What a waste of time that could have been spent productively. Don't feed the trolls.
+1

Much Edo for nothing
rajc

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:11:09 PM

true,
it has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt in last 100+ posts he has gone full troll.
I think every sane person can see that.
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:28:32 PM

why? Thats more than 0.5%...
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:13:19 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 05:39:25 AM by dannac

true,
it has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt in last 100+ posts he has gone full troll.
I think every sane person can see that.

What trolling means for you?  I'm trying to figure it out, but...
Is it an attitude?  Maybe The use of a specific word or a few words?
Or It may be that I wrote something you don't like?
Well,  in that case is not trolling mate... It's just u.. Use ignore button.
Or  just because I want to get rid of my forgotten 12M XEM that I'm trolling now ?
It's funny that most of the accuses I received were about me wanting more XEM...  When I actually  want to sell them all.
I didn't actually care about the value in terms of money. And for some of you probably 12M is not small investment,  so they will ask themself: wtf is wrong with this guy?  As someone of you PM me..
Well,  That's something you simple cannot understand.
As I cannot understand The logic behind  mind of some characters here,  that must be phenomenal I don't exclude the possibility ,  But definitely out of my understanding.
To convince themself,  they want  everyone convinced first..  Huh
May be because your convictions are not strong enough? Just guessing..
Must be really sad if the value of your XEM it's all about you have to fight for.
Because you don't fight for a better crypto community,  or for a better crypto coin.  You are still thinking in terms of money...  So you are in crypto,  but you still under Fiat rules and behaviours.
You will get in Crypto all the same problems we have now in FIAT.
And you know why?  for the lack of a clear ideal... Lack of ethic.
Because you are not looking for anything better.
Everyone here seem not worried about the NEM future,  but purely about the NEM value.
Everyone here in the last few days was worried about value. No one worried about the potential of some actions.
I'm just talking about the stupid mouths that have been opened for the last few days.
You are just looking for easy money, now I know.
Is this one the reason why crypto exists ?  Only to get easy money without move you fat butt from the chair of your desk?
I though it was to get something better,  not to get more of the worse that we already have. Now I understand. More is better.
Is not a matter of quality, it's a matter of quantity for you.
Fortunately,  there must be a better community out there  then NEM one.. Or maybe not.. I don't know. I should have  a look.
I have to admit it,  I made the worst choice I could make a couple of years ago,  choosing Nem.
I should have understood it from the very beginning :
UtophianFuture made a mistake at the beginning,  without stealing from anyone, but still a mistake...
Result: since no value in NEM,  let's not forgive,  lynch Him!!! Kill him!!!
Now,  someone in NEM forget about ethic and honesty,  stealing and hiding, in few occasions...
Result : I don't want to loose NEM value.  Let's forget about it. Actually better,  let's not even consider it as fact.. Don't even discuss about that.
Wow,  the ethic's  victory!!! Coherence feast!!!!
Well,  this is your choice. I Don't want it to be mine as well.
I tell you what?  PM me if you want my Xem.
They are free if someone want them.
They are dirty,  and they stink. They stink of ethic. Hope it won't be a problem.
Better with you then with me.
I reached the end of of this post and reading back again I'm realising that you don't even deserve it.  But I wrote it already..  So take it now.
And as a perk for your patience to have reached  the end the post  there's also thie 12M Giveaway. I made this post compact and unreadable for a reason.  Grin
I have to go now.

LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:54:46 AM

So what's the point of all that drama? It's personal drama, nothing to do with the development of NEM.
Speaking of which, any updates on what is going on with Mijin and NEM? How is this collaboration going to work? Seeing if someone from the team can explain it better.
dannac

Crypto Geek

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:21:26 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 05:34:46 AM by dannac

So what's the point of all that drama? It's personal drama, nothing to do with the development of NEM.
Speaking of which, any updates on what is going on with Mijin and NEM? How is this collaboration going to work? Seeing if someone from the team can explain it better.

You didn't understand anything again. My God.. I can't believe that.
If you don't have anything to say,  or if you don't have a formed opinion,  or if you are not completely sure to have understood the meaning of a post,  it's not mandatory you write something anyway.
You can stay silent,  waiting,  taking time to understand it if you need more time then the average...  Or,  just ignore it. It's also an option,  do u know that?

There's nothing the Team has to add or clarify.
It is a statement that explains itself on its own.
If you don't understand it,  then ask for help. And is not NEM Team what I'm referring to.. It's another kind of help...

Now I can finally tell you:
Goodbye dummy Nem Puppet.
Pages: « 1 ... 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 [1125] 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: