Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:36:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984064 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 01:00:45 AM

No it's normal range.  If NEM was declining for real then there would be a lot of dissent.  It's quite the contrary.  It's extremely quiet at the moment.  NEM has little discussion activity since alpha is out and this time of year many people are taking their three to eight week vacations.

What happened was hype drove up the NEM price to 35,000 NxT and now it's correcting to around 25,000.  Volume did skyrocket but that's normal during a correction, as there's money made day trading between every down and up hiccup.

Not a day trader by the way - just saying for what it is and every alternate follows this pattern.  It's currently a good opportunity to buy as, when subsequent alpha updates are released, NEM will likely hit 40K.  

I think that the price won't seriously gain until there is a firm date for release of the currency. Once we announce that date, I would expect people to start to get on board really fast.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ARGpentem

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:06:05 AM

No it's normal range.  If NEM was declining for real then there would be a lot of dissent.  It's quite the contrary.  It's extremely quiet at the moment.  NEM has little discussion activity since alpha is out and this time of year many people are taking their three to eight week vacations.

What happened was hype drove up the NEM price to 35,000 NxT and now it's correcting to around 25,000.  Volume did skyrocket but that's normal during a correction, as there's money made day trading between every down and up hiccup.

Not a day trader by the way - just saying for what it is and every alternate follows this pattern.  It's currently a good opportunity to buy as, when subsequent alpha updates are released, NEM will likely hit 40K.  

I think that the price won't seriously gain until there is a firm date for release of the currency. Once we announce that date, I would expect people to start to get on board really fast.

Sorry Makoto for my stance on logo issue. We obviously have a difference but I respect you for the works you have done. I think it will work out in the end but I am not going to hold back my opinion. I am a high roller and talking straight is the way I am.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 01:22:00 AM

Sorry Makoto for my stance on logo issue. We obviously have a difference but I respect you for the works you have done. I think it will work out in the end but I am not going to hold back my opinion. I am a high roller and talking straight is the way I am.

Don't worry Smiley
I don't think our current logo is perfect, either, and am still trying to play around with ideas.
I don't mind criticism, as long as it is specific and helpful (i.e., why, not just what; without knowing why, no one can improve).

Fortunately, your criticism has been mostly helpful.

If people agree, I think it would be best to have the logo discussion here: http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2228.0
Right now there are at least 4 different places I have to check to see what people are saying about the logo/NEM design, so it is really easy to miss important comments from people. Let's consolidate this a bit.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 02:32:22 AM

Everyone: We really should try to get mobile apps for NEM working by launch. However, we still don't have a good team of mobile devs.

If you are a mobile dev, please send me a PM or come on trello and help us out!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:42:23 AM

Pls be qdvise fellow nemsters. I just got a notification saying i forgot my password. When i am no where near a computer. Someone is actively trying to access my account. I jst want to say for the record that. I will not claim my stake until the coin is released. I will not claim my stake and swap it for tokens to be sold at nxt ae. I am patiently waiting for the full release of nem before i claim my share. Thank you. @devs
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 03:51:14 AM

Don't worry Smiley
I don't think our current logo is perfect, either, and am still trying to play around with ideas.
I don't mind criticism, as long as it is specific and helpful (i.e., why, not just what; without knowing why, no one can improve).

Fortunately, your criticism has been mostly helpful.

If people agree, I think it would be best to have the logo discussion here: http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2228.0
Right now there are at least 4 different places I have to check to see what people are saying about the logo/NEM design, so it is really easy to miss important comments from people. Let's consolidate this a bit.

"Why" is always the hardest to understand but the most important when planning.

Kkot NEM

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:36:47 AM

http://s25.postimg.org/z95vme3in/NEM_Kkot_1.jpg

My friend is always talking about NEM so I made this picture.  I want to be NEM cheerleader.
Tompa

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:46:12 AM

My friend is always talking about NEM so I made this picture.  I want to be NEM cheerleader.

Love this!
Tompa

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:50:06 AM

Everyone: We really should try to get mobile apps for NEM working by launch. However, we still don't have a good team of mobile devs.

If you are a mobile dev, please send me a PM or come on trello and help us out!

This is extremely important. Unfortunately I'm not a programmer. With good and nicely designed mobile app we could really make a difference and set NEM apart from so many other new cryptos.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 05:35:14 AM

This is great! Do you have a higher-res version somewhere?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 05:47:11 AM

love this pic! i want to put it on nem's facebook page, please let me know when you got it in higher res Smiley
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:06:59 AM

Where can i buy a lot of these? like 10 btc worth.

thks

NXT AE, you can see the current prices here https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange/12465186738101000735

They were trading below 20k at some point and above 30k around alpha release. So, current prices seems to be good for buying but don't hold me to that.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:08:20 AM

Is the PoI working in alpha? How are the blocks being generated now?
yes it's working, but needs tweaking according to devs.

Any more details regarding what needs to be tweaked?

The logo sucks, as do the ones put up for voting. I have seen random coins having professional and catchy looking logos, we should have the same.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

3LEM3NT

Activity: 54

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:42:30 AM

The logo sucks, as do the ones put up for voting. I have seen random coins having professional and catchy looking logos, we should have the same.

99 designs and problem is solved. It's concerning that a logo is causing this much of an issue.

Goes to show there will be problems with marketing. Could be wrong, but seems to be that all signs are pointing in that direction.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 06:46:41 AM

If you have specific examples of coin logos that you like for other coins, try posting them on the nem forums, along with an explanation of what works and what doesn't for each logo: http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2228.msg2936#msg2936

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:48:36 AM

99 designs and problem is solved. It's concerning that a logo is causing this much of an issue.

Goes to show there will be problems with marketing. Could be wrong, but seems to be that all signs are pointing in that direction.

That was the plan all along. Either a contest on 99d or hiring a firm for the entire branding.
The only problem is people make a huge fuzz about it because they don't get that it's interim.

What's concerning to me is where the community seems to be going right now but I could be wrong about that as well...

nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:57:59 AM

That was the plan all along. Either a contest on 99d or hiring a firm for the entire branding.
The only problem is people make a huge fuzz about it because they don't get that it's interim.

What's concerning to me is where the community seems to be going right now but I could be wrong about that as well...

I've seen lots and lots of new people posting:that should be a good sign? Hopefully the quality of postings improve as more association with NEM takes place. If the launch goes ok then similarly to NXT then more senior technical developers will come on board lifting things up?.....here's hoping!!!!!

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
3LEM3NT

Activity: 54

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:03:14 AM

I've seen lots and lots of new people posting:that should be a good sign? Hopefully the quality of postings improve as more association with NEM takes place. If the launch goes ok then similarly to NXT then more senior technical developers will come on board lifting things up?.....here's hoping!!!!!

Im not a real tech person. But from what I can tell is we already have some damn good developers, it's the marketing, logo, etc.

Stuff that should be up and running already at this stage. We have this great coin/system, and just imagine what a new person thinks when they get here.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 07:05:31 AM

Im not a real tech person. But from what I can tell is we already have some damn good developers, it's the marketing, logo, etc.

Stuff that should be up and running already at this stage. We have this great coin/system, and just imagine what a new person thinks when they get here.

Hopefully the alpha will attract more people to NEM.

If you know any designers or people in marketing, tell them about NEM. Let's get some more great people on board.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
evergrow

Activity: 426
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 08:52:12 AM

When is next Alpha build with bug fix coming?   & source for alpha already available?

thank you!
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: