Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:06:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984382 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gemini22

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:34:14 PM

When I send an encrypted message via NCC, message text appears in cleartext in my transaction history
Isn't it encoded with recipient's public key? I should not be able to decrypt it.

There are only two sides able to decrypt encrypted (SECURE) messages. Sender and recipient.
(There is key established between those two.)

If you'd try to take a look at this TX i.e in chain explorer, you won't find anything useful, unless there is a bug ;-)
 but there definitely isn't, we have tested it multiple times (not only in blockchain but also in our internal tests).

Ok, I thought that was like sending an encrypted email with GPG.

Is there any documentation about how it works?
How is the algorithm named?

Not sure if that's what you want to know, but key agreement is ECDH (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptic_curve_Diffie–Hellman)

Speaking of encrypted messages, I just read Mark Cuban is promoting his private messaging app called Cyber Dust.
http://www.greenbot.com/article/2462430/cyber-dust-review-mark-cubans-private-messaging-app-is-just-too-inconvenient.html
I like that ours is already integrated into NEM.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 03:47:11 PM

great screenshot Smiley

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
Primitive

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 04:38:28 PM

NEM on AE is dropping steadily. A month back it was the talk, but it has died down. The crypto scene here is a fickle lot.
When the next phase is open we will see what the value is.

yes, the length of the development i fear is starting to damage this coin.  as long as what is released is great, price will come back.  if its not great, we have a problem.

NEM, LSK, STRAT
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 04:53:09 PM

There was a panic dump when Patmast3r said that the official launch would be in November (later clarified that launch =/= official launch but alas it was too late).  

I don't necessarily see it being a bad thing as the more weak hands which are eliminated the more presumed stability when NEM is released and that is a good thing.  We may disagree with bad distribution but some of those poorly distributed coins can be stable or appreciating especially when held by whale(s) who never sell.  For any coin, getting rid of the weak hands and promoting holding should be a priority especially in an early stage as many newcomers don't want to buy into a coin losing value.  Everyone wants to be a winner in cryptos even though that might contradict reality.

We saw what happened in the first weeks of the asset exchange, a lot of weak hands were eager to let go of a stake worth $1000+ when they had bought it initially for $2 - $50.  If there was no asset exchange, these people would had dumped at launch and then NEM would have immediate PR concerns in trying to persuade people to buy a coin that people are dumping (which is an uphill battle, by the way).  It's better to get rid of the weak hands now than at some hypothetical post-launch period.

I agree with almost all of what you say apart from me saying we launch novemeber. I don't think i ever said that  Huh
Anyway there is another reason why I think all the impatience is absolute nonsense.
All you impatient folks please answer me this question - What would you do with your NEMs if you had them right now ?

Sell ? - Get a token on the AE and do it there.
Send around just for fun - Check out the alpha.

What else ?
Can you think of anything ?

Why should we launch NEM now if there is no utility yet ?
Don't get me wrong we are trying to launch as soon as possible (and we're aiming pre novemeber) but there is really no reason to rush it.

Look at NODE. They launched. Now what ? No exchange, noone accepts NODE, there is 0 people can do with their NODEs right now. I don't mean to hate on NODE but it's a perfect example of why an earlier launch doesn't necessariliy make a lot of sense.

these are the words i want to hear from a dev! great!
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:28:47 PM

How much 1 nem stake? Where can I see it?? thanks
wakasaki96744

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:39:28 PM

How much 1 nem stake? Where can I see it?? thanks

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/nemstake/

NXT-98EP-BVRB-WU6B-386RA
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 08:54:03 PM

price has felt down Sad
loyer

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:08:34 PM

Crazy, there is a reason for? 
Simakki

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 09:12:55 PM

Not really, just the dumb(ers). Alpha working well and many good features and plans coming up every week. IMO if NEM delivers mobileapp it will skyrocket and make a difference !

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
loyer

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:26:47 PM

Not really, just the dumb(ers). Alpha working well and many good features and plans coming up every week. IMO if NEM delivers mobileapp it will skyrocket and make a difference !

the true mobile app is fundamental! Is it in planning?
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:43:14 PM

There was a panic dump when Patmast3r said that the official launch would be in November (later clarified that launch =/= official launch but alas it was too late).  

I don't necessarily see it being a bad thing as the more weak hands which are eliminated the more presumed stability when NEM is released and that is a good thing.  We may disagree with bad distribution but some of those poorly distributed coins can be stable or appreciating especially when held by whale(s) who never sell.  For any coin, getting rid of the weak hands and promoting holding should be a priority especially in an early stage as many newcomers don't want to buy into a coin losing value.  Everyone wants to be a winner in cryptos even though that might contradict reality.

We saw what happened in the first weeks of the asset exchange, a lot of weak hands were eager to let go of a stake worth $1000+ when they had bought it initially for $2 - $50.  If there was no asset exchange, these people would had dumped at launch and then NEM would have immediate PR concerns in trying to persuade people to buy a coin that people are dumping (which is an uphill battle, by the way).  It's better to get rid of the weak hands now than at some hypothetical post-launch period.

I agree with almost all of what you say apart from me saying we launch novemeber. I don't think i ever said that  Huh
Anyway there is another reason why I think all the impatience is absolute nonsense.
All you impatient folks please answer me this question - What would you do with your NEMs if you had them right now ?

What else ?

Don't get me wrong we are trying to launch as soon as possible (and we're aiming pre novemeber) but there is really no reason to rush it.

Look at NODE. They launched. Now what ? No exchange, noone accepts NODE, there is 0 people can do with their NODEs right now. I don't mean to hate on NODE but it's a perfect example of why an earlier launch doesn't necessariliy make a lot of sense.

Although i agree with you, i'm just making a post to remind you that there are individuals who follow NEM, who are stakeholders, who are in absolutely no rush at all. As you've already said, the minority who cause a stir are doing so for one thing; to dump. They're the weak hands who's only purpose on board the project was to turn over a quick buck.

There's plenty on less vocal individuals who follow this forum - myself included - who intend to be in this for the long term.
evergrow

Activity: 426
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 10:57:04 PM

IMO if NEM delivers mobileapp it will skyrocket and make a difference !

mobileapp? was this planned for the launch? I never heard any dev talking about this, please tell me more!
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 01:54:17 AM

When I send an encrypted message via NCC, message text appears in cleartext in my transaction history
Isn't it encoded with recipient's public key? I should not be able to decrypt it.

There are only two sides able to decrypt encrypted (SECURE) messages. Sender and recipient.
(There is key established between those two.)

If you'd try to take a look at this TX i.e in chain explorer, you won't find anything useful, unless there is a bug ;-)
 but there definitely isn't, we have tested it multiple times (not only in blockchain but also in our internal tests).

Ok, I thought that was like sending an encrypted email with GPG.

Is there any documentation about how it works?
How is the algorithm named?

Not sure if that's what you want to know, but key agreement is ECDH (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptic_curve_Diffie–Hellman)

Speaking of encrypted messages, I just read Mark Cuban is promoting his private messaging app called Cyber Dust.
http://www.greenbot.com/article/2462430/cyber-dust-review-mark-cubans-private-messaging-app-is-just-too-inconvenient.html
I like that ours is already integrated into NEM.

We really need a mobile app Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 01:56:04 AM

Price has been around $900-$1100 for months now. It is probably the most stable price for any crypto atm.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 01:57:54 AM

IMO if NEM delivers mobileapp it will skyrocket and make a difference !

mobileapp? was this planned for the launch? I never heard any dev talking about this, please tell me more!

It won't be ready for launch, but I think we will see something this year. It depends on how our crowdsale of gold and silver coins goes.

Please see: http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2337.0

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 05:08:05 AM

What else ?

Spot on Patmast3r. I am against launching if everything else is not ready. Classic example of a recent launch is Stellar. So what? Nothing else works other than sending coins to each other. And then, massive sell? They are probably another 6 months away before anything sensible can come out of that.

I think what we need to remember is that this is Crypto 2.0/2.5 we are building. It is not a coin, per se. If it is just a coin per se, it would have been launched January, 19, 2014. It is an ecosystem and an ecosystem should come with really cool applications that uses this entirely different block chain approach.

Yes, TaunSew is right too that weak hands should just be weeded out. No need to be "impatient". Just go to the AE and sell them and move on to another coin. One really needs to understand the concept behind NEM to appreciate.

We are only 8 months away. Other Crypto 2.0/2.5 systems are still cooking.

If I have a say, I wouldn't rush, lest we are stuck with some shortcomings. Like all cryptocoins, transactions are irreversible, so is rolling out the ecosystem. It is irreversible once out there.
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 05:15:53 AM

NEM on AE is dropping steadily. A month back it was the talk, but it has died down. The crypto scene here is a fickle lot.
When the next phase is open we will see what the value is.

yes, the length of the development i fear is starting to damage this coin.  as long as what is released is great, price will come back.  if its not great, we have a problem.

How great it is, is a function of development time, especially if we have such a great dev team working so hard. The longer the development time, the greater it becomes. As you said, the value of the coin depends on the value of the ecosystem. "Damaging" this coin is therefore irrelevant and a transient event.

I'd rather let the coin get "damaged" for now then to release something half cooked.
bitfromit

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:20:57 AM

Hi,

How does one go about getting ones NEM token onto the NXT AE? i pm'ed utopianfuture twice with no reply.

Iv'e been out of the forum for a while so sorry if it sounds stupid.
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 06:41:32 AM

Hi,

How does one go about getting ones NEM token onto the NXT AE? i pm'ed utopianfuture twice with no reply.

Iv'e been out of the forum for a while so sorry if it sounds stupid.

Read here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650505.msg8104663#msg8104663
jnuqsx

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:58:33 AM

Guys plz vote for us. Another exchange at launch would be cool Smiley

https://hitbtc.com/vote

Look at that ! Another thing every stakeholder can do.

Lets get some votes for NEM.

We should make a 2 week voting marathon and vote as much as we can for NEM:

https://hitbtc.com/vote

Please remember that on hitbtc you can vote again with every new IP address and registered user votes count 10x.

3 exchanges are waiting for us, lets do this!  Cool

P.S. You can get a new IP address on your Iphone just by switching Airplane mode on and off.

If you are signed-in into your HitBTC account, your vote will be multiplied by 10. Also please note you can cast only one vote.

Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: