Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:49:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984247 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:20:16 PM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112914/regulations-will-be-used-to-prevent-mainstream-adoption-stefan-molyneux

This article expresses alot of the concerns i have for NEM, especially as NEM is a more open and transparent currency, I do think if it ever had the opportunity to play with the big boys in terms of value (Fiat, Bitcoin, etc) It would find itself in the exact same position as bitcoin - pushed to black market trade (And I view this as a good thing). It's a cruel world and NEM is going to have to take the gloves off to get by, just as what Bitcoin did and is doing.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 11:28:40 PM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112914/regulations-will-be-used-to-prevent-mainstream-adoption-stefan-molyneux

This article expresses alot of the concerns i have for NEM, especially as NEM is a more open and transparent currency, I do think if it ever had the opportunity to play with the big boys in terms of value (Fiat, Bitcoin, etc) It would find itself in the exact same position as bitcoin - pushed to black market trade (And I view this as a good thing). It's a cruel world and NEM is going to have to take the gloves off to get by, just as what Bitcoin did and is doing.

Although it may not be a panacea, the best way to do it is to ignore the USA. Concentrate on Europe and the rest of the world, especially third world countries. Like the second last paragraph on the Red Flag Act in England, this will have a bearing later.

If the financial boys are not careful, USD may lose its importance and if the USA also loses grip on the cryptos, we may see quite a bit of changes in the financial world, including transfer of wealth. The USA is in a very precarious position, especially with its USD being a reserve currency. It will change as the Petroldollar loses its significance - http://www.forbes.com/sites/energysource/2014/05/29/the-colder-war-and-the-end-of-the-petrodollar/.

These are trying times. The world economy is taking a turn for the worse and there is the rise of a new currency in the form of crypto. Uncertainties will lead to collapses of some of the financial systems that we are used to and the rise of something else. It may not be crypto but it could well be crypto as the front runner.

We'll see but definitely an uphill battle for crypto, something I have foreseen anyway. Usurp them was my answer and change the goal post to block chain technology first. Do it in tiny steps.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:38:06 PM

Although it may not be a panacea, the best way to do it is to ignore the USA. Concentrate on Europe and the rest of the world, especially third world countries. Like the second last paragraph on the Red Flag Act in England, this will have a bearing later.

If the financial boys are not careful, USD may lose its importance and if the USA also loses grip on the cryptos, we may see quite a bit of changes in the financial world, including transfer of wealth. The USA is in a very precarious position, especially with its USD being a reserve currency. It will change as the Petroldollar loses its significance - http://www.forbes.com/sites/energysource/2014/05/29/the-colder-war-and-the-end-of-the-petrodollar/.

These are trying times. The world economy is taking a turn for the worse and there is the rise of a new currency in the form of crypto. Uncertainties will lead to collapses of some of the financial systems that we are used to and the rise of something else. It may not be crypto but it could well be crypto as the front runner.

We'll see but definitely an uphill battle for crypto, something I have foreseen anyway. Usurp them was my answer and change the goal post to block chain technology first. Do it in tiny steps.

Agreed. Crypto is the future for global finance, and if America or any other country does not want to be a part of that then they will have to face the consequences for their shortsightedness later. NEM, or any other crypto-based financial platform, should not jump through hoops and/or risk being attacked by a nation that does not believe in the value and utility of crypto. If they don't want it, then they don't get it. It sucks for the people living in those countries, but it's better for crypto as a whole in my opinion.

I mean, just look at how terrible the Bitcoin ATMs are in America from a usability perspective because of all the identity checks people have to perform by law to use them. I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to sit in front of an ATM scanning my IDs and going through all sorts of superfluous ID verification steps just to satisfy some stupid laws that should not and cannot even be applied to crypto. I want to be able to go up to the machine, put in $100 and get my Bitcoins in less than 30 seconds. Anything more than that and it is unusable. If the laws do not facilitate this kind of thing then the laws need to be changed.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 01:48:45 AM

Agreed. Crypto is the future for global finance, and if America or any other country does not want to be a part of that then they will have to face the consequences for their shortsightedness later. NEM, or any other crypto-based financial platform, should not jump through hoops and/or risk being attacked by a nation that does not believe in the value and utility of crypto. If they don't want it, then they don't get it. It sucks for the people living in those countries, but it's better for crypto as a whole in my opinion.

I mean, just look at how terrible the Bitcoin ATMs are in America from a usability perspective because of all the identity checks people have to perform by law to use them. I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to sit in front of an ATM scanning my IDs and going through all sorts of superfluous ID verification steps just to satisfy some stupid laws that should not and cannot even be applied to crypto. I want to be able to go up to the machine, put in $100 and get my Bitcoins in less than 30 seconds. Anything more than that and it is unusable. If the laws do not facilitate this kind of thing then the laws need to be changed.

I agree with you that bitcoin ATMs are in sad form right now.  But it kind of reminds me of something from my childhood in a way.

When I was a kid, ATMs were very rare or non-existent.  Big grocery stores would do people a favor.  If a person was spending a certain amount, like say $100, then the grocery store would allow the customer to write a check for $200.  $100 would go for the groceries and $100 cash would be given back to the shopper.  The result was basically that the grocery store was acting like a little bank.  I can actually remember my parents purposely going shopping just to get cash back, because it was after hours and the banks were closed. 

I imagine in just a year or two many shops that accept Bitcoin, will also be selling it.  A customer can walk into a store and buy a $5 cup of coffee, pay $105 dollars and leave with a cup of coffee and $100 worth of bitcoin.  It won't take ID, it won't take long, and it won't be a hassle anymore to get Bitcoin. 

Right now in Taiwan, a person can buy Bitcoin at any Family Mart (a popular convenience store in Asia) but the process is ridiculously complicated and drawn out.  I imagine in the future we will see such things simplified. 

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 01:50:19 AM

REDEEM YOUR AE BEFORE NOVEMBER 22, 2014

just a couple more days left.  wouldn't want to see your NEM become ghost NEM would you?

rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 02:01:23 AM

I agree with you that bitcoin ATMs are in sad form right now.  But it kind of reminds me of something from my childhood in a way.

When I was a kid, ATMs were very rare or non-existent.  Big grocery stores would do people a favor.  If a person was spending a certain amount, like say $100, then the grocery store would allow the customer to write a check for $200.  $100 would go for the groceries and $100 cash would be given back to the shopper.  The result was basically that the grocery store was acting like a little bank.  I can actually remember my parents purposely going shopping just to get cash back, because it was after hours and the banks were closed. 

I imagine in just a year or two many shops that accept Bitcoin, will also be selling it.  A customer can walk into a store and buy a $5 cup of coffee, pay $105 dollars and leave with a cup of coffee and $100 worth of bitcoin.  It won't take ID, it won't take long, and it won't be a hassle anymore to get Bitcoin. 

Right now in Taiwan, a person can buy Bitcoin at any Family Mart (a popular convenience store in Asia) but the process is ridiculously complicated and drawn out.  I imagine in the future we will see such things simplified. 

Tell me about it Jabo. Those days trust was everything. Try writing a check today. Gone were these days. We used to be able to buy our groceries on credit and have them delivered to our house. It was entirely based on trust. I miss those days.

Having said that, we can still do it today with our debit cards. We can buy $100's worth and get some cash out with our debit card.

Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:01:43 AM

Help me not get my ass handed to me in the competition.  Any ideas (see below)?

So the test NEM has been in my wallet for a few days now, yet I still get:

"Oops!

ERROR 700
The provided account does not satisfy the basic criteria for harvesting. Mainly it is related to the amount of NEMs within the account. Harvesting starts with at least 1000 NEM."

When I attempt to start local harvesting.  There are 46,000+ test NEM in the wallet.
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 02:02:14 AM

If they cannot change the laws then change the lawmakers!
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:05:52 AM

If they cannot change the laws then change the lawmakers!

Hard to do when a loyal welfare slave class has been cemented into place.  A final icing of third world kleptocracy reinforcers are about to be quasi-legalized by the illegitimate-in-chief as well, forever guaranteeing the rule of the neo-liberal corporate fascists. 
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:38:30 AM

guys who would like to start a bartering website for our NEM. wouldn't be nice to have NEM barter for goods? This way we are constantly moving NEM around instead of just being in the exchanges. This will expose NEM even more.
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:42:21 AM

New error

"Oops!

ERROR 306
An error occurred that the development team did not have foreseen. Apologies for this, maybe a retry might help. Otherwise, please open up an issue within the NEM NIS/NCC community."

Still can't harvest.
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:53:44 AM

After the 306 error, it now says "stop local harvesting".  Maybe it has worked itself out.  I'll report back with anything new.
punkrock

Activity: 808
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:16:18 AM

I know, many people may have asked this question already. But here we go.
On Octobre 5th, I got a token through PM - no infos about what to do with it.
Now I read that I am too late to claim my stake... and I read about phase 1, 2, 3 and deadlines.

I was away for a long time and never thought it would be "too late" to get my full NEM stake.

So, please someone tell me, what I have to do to get my full stake. Thanks in advance.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 04:21:49 AM

I know, many people may have asked this question already. But here we go.
On Octobre 5th, I got a token through PM - no infos about what to do with it.
Now I read that I am too late to claim my stake... and I read about phase 1, 2, 3 and deadlines.

I was away for a long time and never thought it would be "too late" to get my full NEM stake.

So, please someone tell me, what I have to do to get my full stake. Thanks in advance.

You can claim after launch. Stick around and we will process you then.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
punkrock

Activity: 808
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:28:06 AM

I just created a real account data and safed it. I am ready for launch.

- When will be the launch?
- Will I get the full stake or is this "750,000 / 500,000 / 250,000"-stuff I read in a thread somewhere else up to date? I am a bit confused.

Thanks!
andme
Legendary

Activity: 1422
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:48:51 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 05:17:24 AM by andme

So the test NEM has been in my wallet for a few days now, yet I still get:
"Oops!
ERROR 700
The provided account does not satisfy the basic criteria for harvesting. Mainly it is related to the amount of NEMs within the account. Harvesting starts with at least 1000 NEM."
When I attempt to start local harvesting.  There are 46,000+ test NEM in the wallet.

New error
"Oops!
ERROR 306
An error occurred that the development team did not have foreseen. Apologies for this, maybe a retry might help. Otherwise, please open up an issue within the NEM NIS/NCC community."
Still can't harvest.

Thread at NEM forum 'Start local harvesting, which algorithm?'. For 46k NEM it takes from 2 to 3 days until harvesting can start.

a) A balance is devided into a vested and an unvested part. The sum is the actual balance you see in the browser.
To be eligible to harvest, the vested part of the balance needs to be at least 10k NEM. At certain heights (every 1440 blocks), 1/10 of the unvested part of the balance is converted to the vested balance part...

b) Web start version can harvest only one account and Standalone version can harvest one account at default.

If we start harvesting, then:
   a) if vested part of the balance < 10k, then we'll get Error 700,
   b) if vested part of the balance ≥ 10k, but another account is harvesting already, then we'll get Error 306.

Session      ● WireMin      ● Point      ● NYM
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 05:00:29 AM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112950/ethereums-vitalik-buterin-wins-world-technology-awards-victory-over-mark-zuckerberg

This should make some people happy  Wink
TS can make the top picture his new desktop wallpaper.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:04:10 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2014, 05:15:46 AM by TaunSew

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112950/ethereums-vitalik-buterin-wins-world-technology-awards-victory-over-mark-zuckerberg

This should make some people happy  Wink
TS can make the top picture his new desktop wallpaper.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:11:35 AM

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
MadCow

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:47:35 AM

Is there any way to check that NXT token redemptions were received ok?
thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: