Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:11:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 ... 647 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701431 times)
zbutterfly

Activity: 498
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:53:46 PM

too consuming cpu, i use dual core type.

trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:57:25 PM

Configured command line:
 -i 15 --p d=1024
My guess is that "--p" should be "-p"

that I already removed it and it still failed. And that has nothing to do with the fact that when it was released, it referred to PHI, when I mined Neoscrypt. I confirm that I tried it without that line and it failed the same. I used the strange fork of HSRminer since it was the only solution I had.

Also if I have that failure to put a "-" would give me error in the miner but continue, I would not refer to another protocol as seen in the videos that I bothered to record for you.

Using that Fork is when I realized the difference of hash between currencies of the same protocol, that disables the effectiveness of Auto swtich and maybe it is the biggest failure of the program, which in my opinion should be taken into account for next updates, for Ensure better changes of the auto switch.

I am sorry to comment so much in the forum, but it is my obligation as a buyer and hard user, to communicate all the faults that I find. And that does not everyone.
inrockitrust

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:26:14 PM

I've been thinking a lot about AW and it's a great software that requires a lot of attention, but it has a huge weak point.

They are the Benchmark that are made by protocol. I can see that I have a different HASH in two coins of the same protocol. It is very noticeable, I mino much neoscrypt, the same rig for a coin can give 5mhs, but for another currency neoscrypt can give a rate of 7 mhs.

Then thinking one realizes that it does not make sense that the switch is done only by the hash of the protocol, that's fine for the pools type Zpool and auto change.

But if I have 80 coins added, I need to know the hash for each of them, because although many are from the same protocol, they get different hashes. This difference can be by the ping, it can be by the stratum, by configuration of the Vardiff etc ...

Consequently, it would not be unreasonable PAtrike that you are considering in your programming that we can also save the hash for currency, and that this is the one chosen to make the Auto Switch.

I think the problem is perfectly understood, and is the culprit that some currency changes are worse instead of better, something that should not happen, and that only happens because of what I just commented.

A program of this price and this level, with so many added functions (and many other bugs), should be closer to the reality of each currency, being able to obtain that hash per currency / pool, instead of only Protocol HASH, which in the end it is not precise at all.

Hi, it actually makes sense to have benchmarks per coin instead of per algo. It may be a bit of hard work to tweak this in the programming, but in the long run us (users) will have a more down to earth expectation of what we would be earning and the profit switching would be more accurate.

Hopefully we could have this in a future update.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:47:39 AM

Thank you for the last version. JCE is working like a charm!

I have a (new) suggestion:
- Allow different pool groups to every profit miner.

Example:
I have some GTX1060 3GB. They dont mine ETH and ETC. But my GTX1070s do. For now I have to disable ETH and ETC in pools groups for all GPUs.

Is there a way to disable ETH/ETC only for one profit miner?

Make two profit profiles, one for the 1060s, and one for the 1070s.  Disable ETH and ETC for the 1060 profit profile and leave them enabled for the 1070 profit profile.  Then apply the profit profile for the two rigs accordingly.  If they are all on the same rig, you will need to make two Managed Profit Miners and then use the GPU selection feature to appropriate GPUs.

So, if you had two 1060s, and they were discovered as GPU 0 and 1, then select those two GPUs in the GPU selection for the Managed Profit Miner that governs the 1060s, and apply the profit profile you created that excludes ETH and ETC.  Then do the second Managed Profit Miner and use the GPU selection feature to select the 1070s, and apply the appropriate 1070 profit profile you created that included ETH and ETC.
puwaha

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:53:19 AM

Hi, I needed some help. My awesome miner sometime turns off by itself. After a couple of hours, the server and the ring seem to be missing and I have to start it over. The rigs and the server are physically still powered on, but the mining stops. I have to manually open and click start to mining again.  This start to occurs when I move the server to different PC. The server from previous PC have been uninstalled.

Please give some suggestion on this issue.

Thanks.

Let me see if I follow... you have Awesome Miner installed on a separate computer from your rig... or are they on the same computer?  If they are on the same computer, your computer may have rebooted, and that's why it appears that they have both stopped.  You can enable a feature  to start Awesome Miner to start when windows starts under the General options.

Your last sentence makes it sound like you moved the Awesome Miner program to another computer and you are still having this problem?  Did you install the Remote Service on your rig?
puwaha

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:15:44 AM

Trucobit... you have some crazy ideas and really edge-case problems... keep them coming.  I've been taking a break from posting, but I'll go back and see if we can help you.

I use all the functions, and I am in front of the computer more than 10 hours every day, it is normal that if I touch all the functions and use all the functions, it is normal that I find fault, and the good thing is that we have a good programmer that corrects The falls.

If you do not understand half of what I say, it is because you do not know how to handle the program, or you do not understand the problem of having different HASHs in each currency for the same protocol, so it is difficult for you to guess the change.

Either I'm crazy or you're a newbie, it must be one of those two things.

Well, I'm not a newbie... so respectfully, that must mean that you are crazy.  Cheesy

If you only use the basics functions with an ASIC, you will not find big problems, because you will only be using 10% of the functions. I use EVERYTHING, I take it to the limit and I suggest the solutions.

I've used Awesome Miner for about a year now, I've experimented with all the features.  I wrote up a way to use rules in Awesome Miner and integrate them with IFTTT to control smart plugs and give you the equivalent of a networked PDU for very little money.

One thing that I've learned in my 4+ years of mining and keeping up with the trends and pitfalls of mining is that above all else get your rigs to remain stable.   Constant tinkering will only drive you crazy.

That for a same protocol there is a different hash in each currency, whether x17 or neoscrypt, makes the swtich not very accurate.

Are the coins that produce different hashrates on the same algorithm coming from the same pool?

IF you only put asic, that's easy and for people with little knowledge, you only use a small part of the program

For the programmer a user like me is worth his weight in gold. Because others like you, only use a small part, and when there is something strange or worry about reporting the error, with which, PAtrike can not improve it.

To me, Awesome Miner is like "software-defined" mining.  There are lots of ways to stack the features to accomplish your desired outcome.  It's rare that I would get stuck and need help.  If there is a small problem then I check the logs and figure out why it happened, then work around it.
puwaha

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:17:42 AM

Using that Fork is when I realized the difference of hash between currencies of the same protocol, that disables the effectiveness of Auto swtich and maybe it is the biggest failure of the program, which in my opinion should be taken into account for next updates, for Ensure better changes of the auto switch.

What are your settings for profit switching?  What do you have the switching interval set to?
puwaha

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:20:56 AM

Hi, it actually makes sense to have benchmarks per coin instead of per algo. It may be a bit of hard work to tweak this in the programming, but in the long run us (users) will have a more down to earth expectation of what we would be earning and the profit switching would be more accurate.

I'm not sure why you would want this.  Awesome Miner calculates your earnings based upon your current hashrate, and current price price/difficulty of the coin.

If you are getting a different hashrate for two coins on the same algorithm, then something is wrong with you system or setup.
dingdongtobias

Activity: 156
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:18:48 AM

SRBMiner 1.6.4 now supports command line parameters for GPU and POOL setting, please add latest version to Awesome Miner  Smiley
jkminkov

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:24:05 AM

I'm not sure why you would want this.  Awesome Miner calculates your earnings based upon your current hashrate, and current price price/difficulty of the coin.

If you are getting a different hashrate for two coins on the same algorithm, then something is wrong with you system or setup.

it makes sense only with daggerhashimoto because of DAG size, lower end cards get better speeds on newer coins.

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
Bob-Bit

Activity: 241
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 11:37:41 AM

Hi Patrike. Looks like your advice helped with my issue with AM forgetting the locations of my custom miners. The file location was marked as read only in windows. I changed it but it kept changing back. I had to use a tutorial I googled to get the changes to stick, apparently some windows update screwed up windows for everyone it installed for. I always disable updates, but I do let it run once on a new install, and I guess that's what happened. Anyways, I had a good idea, not sure, but it might be an easy one. So about the field that you created in online services that keeps track of pool performance, is it possible for it to show numbers above 100%? That could make it more accurate. Thanks for all your help, and for creating a superb program!
Hello Patrike. So, unfortunately my problem returned. Everything was fine for like 10 days, and then I updated AM, and immediately after AM restarted it forgot all my changes again. So as far as what I did before with windows, the tutorial I read online told me I had to regain ownership of the folders (the whole drive as a matter of fact) then remove the checkbox in file explorer for read only. The thing that is really annoying is that the box still shows up as checked no matter what, (even if the drive is no longer read only) and other Windows users have confirmed this, but I am now able to add or delete files after following the tutorial. I believe the last time AM forgot my settings was right after another AM software update. If AM is able to update it's software why would it be unable to update the config file? Another interesting side note is that AM is remembering some things I've changed. For instance I changed a couple of my wallet addresses and those haven't reverted back when AM forgets the other items. I'm a bit frustrated at this point, every time it happens, at this point I basically have a config file in my head. (Ok, here we go again, point to excavator, point to nevermore, point to ccminer, point to claymore cryptonight miner, delete Baikal cube miner, update ip address of Baikal A900) Any other ideas you have will be greatly appreciated, I just want to keep the miner running. Thanks.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅✈✈✈ (https://privcy.eu/)
crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 11:38:40 AM

I see that the EWBF CUDA Equihash miner 0.3 is included in the current 5.3.1 version of AM.  So Equihash BTG (144.5) is supported from a mining software standpoint.

However, if I create a pool to mine BTG using the new algo, I don't see BTG listed on the coins drop down menu.  In fact under the Equihash algo, I only see the coins that have not forked yet.

So will an upcoming version of AM include the new Equihash algos on the Pool drop down menu?

I do see the new Equihash algos under Options/Algorithms, they are just not there to chose from when setting up a pool.
O-Coin

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:00:22 PM

I see that the EWBF CUDA Equihash miner 0.3 is included in the current 5.3.1 version of AM.  So Equihash BTG (144.5) is supported from a mining software standpoint.

However, if I create a pool to mine BTG using the new algo, I don't see BTG listed on the coins drop down menu.  In fact under the Equihash algo, I only see the coins that have not forked yet.

So will an upcoming version of AM include the new Equihash algos on the Pool drop down menu?

I do see the new Equihash algos under Options/Algorithms, they are just not there to chose from when setting up a pool.

O-Coin

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:04:41 PM

@Patrike SRB 1.6.3 added cannot config per Algo. I have done this in the past with no issue not sure whats causing this.  I also see theres 1.6.4 now.

ZhuGheLiang

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:13:45 PM

Let me see if I follow... you have Awesome Miner installed on a separate computer from your rig... or are they on the same computer?  If they are on the same computer, your computer may have rebooted, and that's why it appears that they have both stopped.  You can enable a feature  to start Awesome Miner to start when windows starts under the General options.

Your last sentence makes it sound like you moved the Awesome Miner program to another computer and you are still having this problem?  Did you install the Remote Service on your rig?
yes, i install the remote service on my rig.  i change my main awesome from laptop to pc. when on laptop awesome running well. after i change to pc then prob come, i use same registration code on my new pc.
O-Coin

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:21:35 PM

I Added software SRB 1.6.4 Set up as auto download see screenshots.  However I cannot config the software on profit profile. @Patrike

trucobit

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:09:44 PM

What are your settings for profit switching?  What do you have the switching interval set to?

1m   28-32%
trucobit

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:20:32 PM

I think you do not pay much attention to hashrates for hours like me.

Choose 10 different coins, for example Neoscrypt, from different pools in different parts of the world, and then take the test. You'll see that you get different hashrate values.

If I am in Spain and I am in contact with a server in the USA or Japan, my connectivity is not as good, with which the hashrate is reduced. If the configuration of Vardiff is not correct in the server, it also changes the hashrate, and so several more things. Hypothetically it is always the same hashrate, but different causes make it fall for different reasons. A Pool in a bad server, will have bad connectivity, bad response, and therefore a poorer hashrate.

The only way to get it right and correct is to be able to measure the hashrate by pool / currency

I only invite you to take the test and then give your opinion. I have seen it in many currencies, in X17, x16s etc ... Different currencies, different hashrates, but within a margin. In X17 XVG the same rig gives 114-118 mhs, and in another currency that I can not remember now it did not exceed 105, and it is the same thing.

These hashrate differences cause the switch to be incorrect.

This is forcing me to do 3 hours tests in each pool / currency to see the deviation and modify it in the pool through the Profit field, but this is just a patch.

Please do the test and then give your opinion.
crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:27:05 PM

I don't have that in my version (v5.3.1 Premium):

I do have them all checked under algos:

But I haven't been able to bench any of them since I can't associate them with a pool.
O-Coin

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:45:14 PM
Merited by crazydane (1)

I don't have that in my version (v5.3.1 Premium):

I do have them all checked under algos:

But I haven't been able to bench any of them since I can't associate them with a pool.

You need to add BTG from what to mine See Image

Add this: https://whattomine.com/coins/214.json

Pages: « 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 ... 647 »
  Print  

Jump to: