Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:01:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 647 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701413 times)
gambadamba

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:59:51 AM

Hi.
awesome - crash nvidia driver (stop miner)
no good?!

---------------
stop miner:
1 press Ctrl+C
2 pause 2-5 sec
3 close cmd
good!!

------------
stop miner:
1 close cmd
not good
crash driver nvidia
Storx

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:56:48 AM

Hi.
no good?!

---------------
stop miner:
1 press Ctrl+C
2 pause 2-5 sec
3 close cmd
good!!

------------
stop miner:
1 close cmd
not good
crash driver nvidia

This will not fix your unstable issue your dealing with, but when i build a new mining rig i always set the following change, it prevents windows from displaying the error that ccminer or whatever miner has stopped working and sits there waiting for a response to close the program. What this setting change does is just close the miner and allow the mining software to attempt to start mining again since it doesnt detect a active mining software open.

Start - run gpedit.msc
Go to Computer configuration -> Administrative templates -> Windows components -> Windows error reporting
Set "Prevent display of the user interface for critical errors" to "Enabled" and reboot your rig.
Next time when ccminer or other program will crash it will not show any GUI - just close and dont wait for key press
Hope it helps!

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
gambadamba

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:07:31 AM

Hi.
no good?!

---------------
stop miner:
1 press Ctrl+C
2 pause 2-5 sec
3 close cmd
good!!

------------
stop miner:
1 close cmd
not good
crash driver nvidia

This will not fix your unstable issue your dealing with, but when i build a new mining rig i always set the following change, it prevents windows from displaying the error that ccminer or whatever miner has stopped working and sits there waiting for a response to close the program. What this setting change does is just close the miner and allow the mining software to attempt to start mining again since it doesnt detect a active mining software open.

Start - run gpedit.msc
Go to Computer configuration -> Administrative templates -> Windows components -> Windows error reporting
Set "Prevent display of the user interface for critical errors" to "Enabled" and reboot your rig.
Next time when ccminer or other program will crash it will not show any GUI - just close and dont wait for key press
Hope it helps!

1. ccminer must first be stopped as a process.
2. Then the active window is closed (not crash driver)
not
1 closed the active window. (crash driver)

ps amd not problem
nvidia problem
darius510

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:23:59 AM

- Adjust profit calculations for Yiimp-based pools to actual performance based on past payouts compared to estimates. Configured in Options dialog, Statistics section.
awesome!
Thanks! This feature is implemented in the Awesome Miner cloud servers, where I currently collect statistics from Zpool, Zergpool. AHashpool and HashRefinery every hour. Then it's being processed and a percentage value is calculated.

What's good is that you don't have to run your own Awesome Miner for a period of time to collect this data yourself. I can also make changes and optimizations and everyone will get it right away. Because I store the original pool statistics in the cloud all the time, any new calculations can use all old pool statistics as well.

I'm very much open to any feedback and discussions about how to improve this. At least the infrastructure for the feature is in place now.

This is definitely a great step - its good to have this information, however it begs the question of how to properly use this information.

I've never thought the pools were necessarily stealing or anything, just that the delay between the mining and exchange and the occasional difficulty spikes and drops accounted for most of the variation between them. So looking over the instances where all the pools are mining the same algo, there isnt a clear pattern where one pool has consistently better performance than the other.

Anyway, from the description given, it sounds like all AM is doing is taking the reported 24hr actual, the reported 24hr estimate, and then comparing the two over time to give a score for how close the estimate is getting to the actual.  

If this is correct, there are then two obvious questions:

First...this feature was highly requested because of mistrust of the pools. If all that's being done is comparing statistics reported by the pool, does this really solve the problem? How do we know the pools are actually reporting an honest 24/hr estimate or actual?

Second - what does this say about which option we should choose now? Does this correction factor modify the reported actual rate to come to a theoretically more accurate estimate - meaning that we should now choose actual to get this more accurate estimate? Or does it correct the 24hr estimate to a now more accurate estimate - meaning that we should choose 24hr estimate? Or is choosing current more viable now, because the stats collected by AM now account for the variation - so if a coin is being reported as currently being super profitable, if it remains more profitable after the AM correction, it's probably legitimate and worth taking advantage of?

Overall I think it would be helpful if you could be more specific about how this calculation is made, what the time window is, etc. It's a step in the right direction but it's not really clear at all how to best take advantage of it.

Also, along the same lines, I think it would be potentially even more useful if AM were to calculate some sort of variance factor for pools/algos - in other words how much profitability varies throughout the hour/day. There are some coins/algos that are very stable, and some that constantly fluctuate between high and low profitability on what seems like a minute by minute basis. I've had to disable a few algorithms simply because they keep causing constant switches for no good reason. Even with a 1 minute interval, I could watch revenue go from an extremely high number to a ridiculously low one. It'd be nice to put a number on that so I could have some data as to which algos/pools are too inconsistent to be worth my time. I want to be mining the most profitable coin I can be at any given time - and 24hrs is too long a time window for most of the coins on yiimp pools.

This information is critical because these pools are reporting averages, and outliers throw off averages. (Using simple and unrealistic numbers to make the point) Two algos could report 10 mBTC/GH for 24 hours - but one could be getting to this number by being within +/- 5% of 10 mBTC/GH for 24hrs straight, and the other could be .01 mBTC/GH for 23.9 of those hours with a few minutes or even seconds of 1000 mBTC/GH every day. Mining the latter is a waste of my time when even a 1 minute interval leaves my miners on the wrong side of that for up to a minute - those minutes add up when you've got lots of algos acting like this. I mean I certainly wouldn't want to use 24/hr estimates or averages if it meant my miners were potentially making nearly nothing 99% of the time and hoping that 1% of extreme profitability actually delivers enough to make up for it.

Anyway, this is still good data once it's clear what to do with it. Eventually I'd hope for it to get to a point where AM can identify between consistent earners and inconsistent earners, and use that information to help us exploit legitimate profitability spikes while mitigating the harm of profitability drops. Even something as simple as the profit switching being much more responsive and cutting a poor earner off early would be useful. Like as far as I can tell the stats update and switching intervals are not even in sync - there is absolutely no good reason it should continue to mine something for another second when the stats update showed profitability fell off a cliff, but there's still up to a minute left before it hits the switching interval and does something about it.

darius510

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:48:10 AM

Also, an unrelated feature request - and I hope this is something simple to implement. Please make the columns customizable for the compact list. I dont particularly care about accept/reject stats, but there's a lot of other information in the summary tab that I'd like constantly displayed near each miner - such as the windows uptime, miner uptime, software being used, the worker/pool, number of GPUs active, individual GPU temps/fan/hash, etc. When I maximize the window the majority of the main window is whitespace, and I have to constantly click each miner to find out simple information like windows uptime. I just want to be able to tell at a glance which machines have low uptime so I can identify the unstable ones. Or I want to know which wallet its mining to at a glance, or which rigs/profiles I didnt configure to use a new software, etc.

And you really, really need to be able to make it possible to ctrl-click miners in different groups. I manage multiple mining farms and I have to keep them in groups so each client can only see information pertaining to their own miners. But when I want to upload new software, apply templates, start/stop miners etc - I have to literally do everything 5 times. Especially when stuff like uploading custom software locks the UI, when you have 50+ miners to update but you can only do 10 at once, I have to constantly babysit it. Something that I could have clicked once, walked away and came back a few minutes later when its all done instead takes a very long time because I have to wait for one to finish to start the next. If I didnt have them in groups I could do this with ease, so I'm between a rock and a hard place. To a lesser extent this is also a problem with the benchmarking - you've been good about adding new software, but in order for me to know whether this software is worth using I need to bench it. We have profit profiles because every software gives different results on every hardware - so obviously I need to bench it separately for each profile. That wouldnt be a big deal if I could bench all 8 of my profiles simultaneously on 8 different rigs, but instead its another thing that takes over an hour of work to do correctly because it locks up the entire UI and I have to go one by one.

Both of these related issues can be incredibly frustrating because kind of the whole point of AM to me is that it makes managing large farms far more practical - but actually using AM with large farms is an exercise in frustration because of UI/UX decisions that result in SO MUCH manual busywork! It may make managing the farms possible but it also makes it so aggravatingly time consuming that I'll be honest, I'm still constantly looking for alternatives to AM that offer a similar level of configurability but require less time and have more informative/flexible UIs. Like AM has great features, but the UI actively makes me not want to use those features because it takes so long to accomplish simple things.
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:51:48 AM

Bug v4.6.5 (perhaps in the previous 2 releases ase well
=====

Most of the remote miners will show interface offline error (some green text, some with red text) when you have option window/profile editor opened for a little while (leave it for 3 minutes and it surely kicks in)

The miners are actually still online and API are accessible and so on, just AM not seem to probe, reading them properly while the Options Window is opened so might be an issue with Remote Agent in the latest builds
Just to make sure, is it "Service Offline" as in Awesome Miner is unable to connect to Remote Agent, or "Interface offline" as in Remote Agent is unable to connect to the API of the running mining software?

I wasn't able to reproduce this one. I simply opened the Options dialog and waited for a while. Do you know if there are any additional steps I need to take here?

Can you check the following points as well?
1) Verify that the same version of Awesome Miner and Remote Agent is installed. Mixing versions are not supported and may result in miners being stopped or not started correctly
2) Verify that only a single Awesome Miner main application is connected to the Remote Agent application. Two Awesome Miner applications cannot connect to the same Remote Agent
3) Verify that the remote host is only added once in Awesome Miner. Open the Options dialog, Managed Hosts section and verify that no duplicates exists.

I will investigate any changes in the recent versions that might be related as well.

Update:

I was able to take note on what I was doing when it happens a few more times today, so the symptoms are:

(almost) all miners display "Service Offline", but the stats keep updating for majority of them

Only happens when I have sub-dialog open within the Options...so once I was configuring pool groups in the pools Dialogue

The other times, I was in the middle of creating / editing rules and had the editing dialog open for some time.

Best Regards,
textb0ok

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:36:17 AM

Anyone know what is going on with hashrefinery?

HashRefinery is showing as the most profitable since last night, and I am not getting rejected shares, but when I look at the hashrefinery website I see only 2 shares in the status column after mining all night with 3 rigs.

What is going on?
iTiamo

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:20:24 PM

Since the latest development release v4.6.6, it is no longer possible to monitor stats from Excavator v1.4.4a as AM shows "Interface Offline".

https://i.imgur.com/iIVYIck.png
iceman2k2

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:25:28 PM

Is it just me or with the current verge attack and suprnova x17 pool being down Awesome miner didnt mark the pool as dead even with the ignore pool if no share accepted is checked?
I woke up with several rigs not mining.....
Larvitar

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:30:45 PM

@patrike I have some suggestions based in my experience:
1- SGMiners doesn't control clocks/fans. Yeah, it's awful. I have to autostart OverdriveNTool to set a "generic" overclock/undervolt or stick at Claymore's profile (if it runs after Claymore miner). I tried to execute OverdriveNTool automatically before every sgminer session, but I couldn't. Is there a way to do it? If no, what do you think about add a third-party app to apply overclock/undervolt (maybe OverdriveNTool) or just allow to set a command to run before miner?

2- Why not make XMR-STAK-CPU default CPU cryptonight miner? It's faster than XMRig. I really miss it in Profit Miner :/

Awesome Awesome miner! Cheesy
1) Sgminer do have some command line arguments related to clocking and fan speed. It's however quite common that users run external overclocking tools like the one you suggest, as it can be configured to run before the miner starts as part of the batch command feature

2) In the past XMR-Stak had requirements on running as Administrator user, making it difficult to launch from Awesome Miner. That restriction is gone now. XMR-Stak also had some requirements of manual configuration via configuration files.
It should still be possible to manually add XMR-Stak in Options dialog, Managed Software, and specify that it's API compatible with "XMR-Stak". Then you should be able to use it as part of the profit switcher

Yep. The newer versions solved the first issue. It's working like a charm.

The second can be avoided by disabling UAC (GatelessGate Sharp do this, for example). I would like to have XMR Stak in Profit miners because it's faster and have low fee compared to XMRig. When I add just API compatible miner it doesnt appears in profit profiles, so it won't be called if cryptonight is the best algorithm.

I would submit a third question: What do you think about Mkxminer? It's the faster Lyra2REv2 miner, around 3x faster than Sgminers, but it has some options that make it incompatible with AM (I couldn't run it with full compatibility Sgminer profile).
hashrefinery

Activity: 120

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 12:39:32 PM

Anyone know what is going on with hashrefinery?

HashRefinery is showing as the most profitable since last night, and I am not getting rejected shares, but when I look at the hashrefinery website I see only 2 shares in the status column after mining all night with 3 rigs.

What is going on?

What is your wallet address?  You can PM it if you prefer.

Hash Refinery Pool http://pool.hashrefinery.com/ - Over 50 coins active on 15+ algos - Receive payouts in any listed coin or auto-conversion to BTC
superza

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:40:32 PM

Hello Patrike, I Got 4.6.6 Version with some remote miners (agent updated to 4.6.6 too) configured in profit miner.

Sometimes, when one of my miners  (still the same) switch to Ethrereum with Claymore,  the Awesome Gui shows me the "interface offline" message.

I configured "claymores dual ethereum miner"  section in the profit switching profile  with command line options -platform 2 -mport -4028 (to get read only management)

Looking at the agent log I noticed some errors; i would like to know if it could be related with interface offline error i get.

05/04/2018 11:20:25.120 [008] [ManagedMiner#8 - Test Profit Miner -Rigo2] Configured command line:
-platform 2 -mport -4028
05/04/2018 11:20:25.448 [008] Saving configuration to: C:\Users\Rigo2\AppData\Roaming\AwesomeMinerService\ServiceData.xml.tmp
05/04/2018 11:20:25.464 [008] --> C:\Users\Rigo2\AppData\Roaming\AwesomeMinerService\ServiceData.xml
05/04/2018 11:20:25.464 [008] [ManagedMiner#8 - Test Profit Miner -Rigo2] Mining Engine Process started, PID: 8000
05/04/2018 11:20:30.058 [014] [E]Failed to process API request (time: 1016 ms): {"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"miner_getstat2"}
Impossibile stabilire la connessione. Rifiuto persistente del computer di destinazione 127.0.0.1:4028  (  Traslation: Impossible to establish connection. Persistent Deny Destination Host 127.0.0.1:4028)

P.S  127.0.0.1:4028  was  correctly reacheable via browser

Thank you in Advance

Massimiliano
Bob-Bit

Activity: 241
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:32:11 PM

Hi Patrike. I don't know how easy it would be to implement, but I had an idea that would be pretty cool. How about instead of just having a restart button, there was also a forward and a back button? That way if the miner switched to something undesirable, and you were on something good before, you could just hit back, and it would go back to the better pool it was on previously. Also something else that happens is I'll be on a pool/algo that I just don't like for whatever reason at the moment, (XVG last night for example) and hitting restart will sometimes make it go to that same pool again, so I wait 2 minutes, and try again. This sometimes happens 2 or 3 times switching to the same pool. The "forward" button would go to the next pool in the list (whatever pool/algo the profit switcher decides is in "second place") then if the profit isn't as good, or for whatever reason you wished you didn't change, you could hit the "back" button, and go back where you were. Maybe it could be an option to select whether the profit switching timer resets or keeps running when the forward or back buttons are pushed also, to make as many people as possible happy. Just an idea, but I thought it was a pretty good one. Thanks for all your work, amazing how many updates you've been pushing out! Just installed the Dev release last night, and it seems as if everything is good with it. Still have to figure out how to get the X16s to work, but I'll read up on that tonight. Again, thanks for all the hard work!

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅✈✈✈ (https://privcy.eu/)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 02:37:36 PM

Hi.
no good?!

---------------
stop miner:
1 press Ctrl+C
2 pause 2-5 sec
3 close cmd
good!!

------------
stop miner:
1 close cmd
not good
crash driver nvidia

Start - run gpedit.msc
Hope it helps!

1. ccminer must first be stopped as a process.
2. Then the active window is closed (not crash driver)
not
1 closed the active window. (crash driver)

ps amd not problem
nvidia problem
When you stop a miner, Awesome Miner will send the close signal to it and then wait for it to terminate a few seconds. If the mining software doesn't close down, Awesome Miner will terminate the process.

You can adjust host many seconds Awesome Miner should wait in the Options dialog, Advanced section, "Wait for process stop before terminating". Please try to increase this value a bit.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 02:43:30 PM

- Adjust profit calculations for Yiimp-based pools to actual performance based on past payouts compared to estimates. Configured in Options dialog, Statistics section.
awesome!
Thanks! This feature is implemented in the Awesome Miner cloud servers, where I currently collect statistics from Zpool, Zergpool. AHashpool and HashRefinery every hour. Then it's being processed and a percentage value is calculated.

What's good is that you don't have to run your own Awesome Miner for a period of time to collect this data yourself. I can also make changes and optimizations and everyone will get it right away. Because I store the original pool statistics in the cloud all the time, any new calculations can use all old pool statistics as well.

I'm very much open to any feedback and discussions about how to improve this. At least the infrastructure for the feature is in place now.

This is definitely a great step - its good to have this information, however it begs the question of how to properly use this information.

I've never thought the pools were necessarily stealing or anything, just that the delay between the mining and exchange and the occasional difficulty spikes and drops accounted for most of the variation between them. So looking over the instances where all the pools are mining the same algo, there isnt a clear pattern where one pool has consistently better performance than the other.

Anyway, from the description given, it sounds like all AM is doing is taking the reported 24hr actual, the reported 24hr estimate, and then comparing the two over time to give a score for how close the estimate is getting to the actual.  

If this is correct, there are then two obvious questions:

First...this feature was highly requested because of mistrust of the pools. If all that's being done is comparing statistics reported by the pool, does this really solve the problem? How do we know the pools are actually reporting an honest 24/hr estimate or actual?

Second - what does this say about which option we should choose now? Does this correction factor modify the reported actual rate to come to a theoretically more accurate estimate - meaning that we should now choose actual to get this more accurate estimate? Or does it correct the 24hr estimate to a now more accurate estimate - meaning that we should choose 24hr estimate? Or is choosing current more viable now, because the stats collected by AM now account for the variation - so if a coin is being reported as currently being super profitable, if it remains more profitable after the AM correction, it's probably legitimate and worth taking advantage of?

Overall I think it would be helpful if you could be more specific about how this calculation is made, what the time window is, etc. It's a step in the right direction but it's not really clear at all how to best take advantage of it.

Also, along the same lines, I think it would be potentially even more useful if AM were to calculate some sort of variance factor for pools/algos - in other words how much profitability varies throughout the hour/day. There are some coins/algos that are very stable, and some that constantly fluctuate between high and low profitability on what seems like a minute by minute basis. I've had to disable a few algorithms simply because they keep causing constant switches for no good reason. Even with a 1 minute interval, I could watch revenue go from an extremely high number to a ridiculously low one. It'd be nice to put a number on that so I could have some data as to which algos/pools are too inconsistent to be worth my time. I want to be mining the most profitable coin I can be at any given time - and 24hrs is too long a time window for most of the coins on yiimp pools.

This information is critical because these pools are reporting averages, and outliers throw off averages. (Using simple and unrealistic numbers to make the point) Two algos could report 10 mBTC/GH for 24 hours - but one could be getting to this number by being within +/- 5% of 10 mBTC/GH for 24hrs straight, and the other could be .01 mBTC/GH for 23.9 of those hours with a few minutes or even seconds of 1000 mBTC/GH every day. Mining the latter is a waste of my time when even a 1 minute interval leaves my miners on the wrong side of that for up to a minute - those minutes add up when you've got lots of algos acting like this. I mean I certainly wouldn't want to use 24/hr estimates or averages if it meant my miners were potentially making nearly nothing 99% of the time and hoping that 1% of extreme profitability actually delivers enough to make up for it.

Anyway, this is still good data once it's clear what to do with it. Eventually I'd hope for it to get to a point where AM can identify between consistent earners and inconsistent earners, and use that information to help us exploit legitimate profitability spikes while mitigating the harm of profitability drops. Even something as simple as the profit switching being much more responsive and cutting a poor earner off early would be useful. Like as far as I can tell the stats update and switching intervals are not even in sync - there is absolutely no good reason it should continue to mine something for another second when the stats update showed profitability fell off a cliff, but there's still up to a minute left before it hits the switching interval and does something about it.

I will soon update the web site with more information on how this is working. Right now Awesome Miner collect information once per hour and uses the information from the last three days to compare the reported Actual with the reported Estimate value. The percentage is then used to calculate a new Revenue and Profit value from the pools - no matter if you run it on Current or 24h avg statistics mode.

It will only work as long as the pools report these values correct. If a pool want to steal hashrate from you, it's still possible.

Finding out unrealistic high values would be another feature and is of course also of importance.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 02:51:27 PM

Also, an unrelated feature request - and I hope this is something simple to implement. Please make the columns customizable for the compact list. I dont particularly care about accept/reject stats, but there's a lot of other information in the summary tab that I'd like constantly displayed near each miner - such as the windows uptime, miner uptime, software being used, the worker/pool, number of GPUs active, individual GPU temps/fan/hash, etc. When I maximize the window the majority of the main window is whitespace, and I have to constantly click each miner to find out simple information like windows uptime. I just want to be able to tell at a glance which machines have low uptime so I can identify the unstable ones. Or I want to know which wallet its mining to at a glance, or which rigs/profiles I didnt configure to use a new software, etc.

And you really, really need to be able to make it possible to ctrl-click miners in different groups. I manage multiple mining farms and I have to keep them in groups so each client can only see information pertaining to their own miners. But when I want to upload new software, apply templates, start/stop miners etc - I have to literally do everything 5 times. Especially when stuff like uploading custom software locks the UI, when you have 50+ miners to update but you can only do 10 at once, I have to constantly babysit it. Something that I could have clicked once, walked away and came back a few minutes later when its all done instead takes a very long time because I have to wait for one to finish to start the next. If I didnt have them in groups I could do this with ease, so I'm between a rock and a hard place. To a lesser extent this is also a problem with the benchmarking - you've been good about adding new software, but in order for me to know whether this software is worth using I need to bench it. We have profit profiles because every software gives different results on every hardware - so obviously I need to bench it separately for each profile. That wouldnt be a big deal if I could bench all 8 of my profiles simultaneously on 8 different rigs, but instead its another thing that takes over an hour of work to do correctly because it locks up the entire UI and I have to go one by one.

Both of these related issues can be incredibly frustrating because kind of the whole point of AM to me is that it makes managing large farms far more practical - but actually using AM with large farms is an exercise in frustration because of UI/UX decisions that result in SO MUCH manual busywork! It may make managing the farms possible but it also makes it so aggravatingly time consuming that I'll be honest, I'm still constantly looking for alternatives to AM that offer a similar level of configurability but require less time and have more informative/flexible UIs. Like AM has great features, but the UI actively makes me not want to use those features because it takes so long to accomplish simple things.
Please check out this feature that allow you to customize the content of the Progress field:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/customizefield.aspx
You can get Windows uptime, miner update and a number of other values. If there are specific fields you miss, like more GPU related information, I can simply expose that as well.

I will enable multi-select of miners across different groups in the next release. It's a very small change and hopefully it will make the experience better for you.

I will also make the benchmark dialog non-modal, making it possible for you to have it running while you continue working with the Awesome Miner main window at the same time. This also makes it possible to benchmarks to different miners at the same time.

Thanks for all feedback.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 02:53:30 PM

Hello Patrike, I Got 4.6.6 Version with some remote miners (agent updated to 4.6.6 too) configured in profit miner.

Sometimes, when one of my miners  (still the same) switch to Ethrereum with Claymore,  the Awesome Gui shows me the "interface offline" message.

I configured "claymores dual ethereum miner"  section in the profit switching profile  with command line options -platform 2 -mport -4028 (to get read only management)

Looking at the agent log I noticed some errors; i would like to know if it could be related with interface offline error i get.

05/04/2018 11:20:25.120 [008] [ManagedMiner#8 - Test Profit Miner -Rigo2] Configured command line:
-platform 2 -mport -4028
05/04/2018 11:20:25.448 [008] Saving configuration to: C:\Users\Rigo2\AppData\Roaming\AwesomeMinerService\ServiceData.xml.tmp
05/04/2018 11:20:25.464 [008] --> C:\Users\Rigo2\AppData\Roaming\AwesomeMinerService\ServiceData.xml
05/04/2018 11:20:25.464 [008] [ManagedMiner#8 - Test Profit Miner -Rigo2] Mining Engine Process started, PID: 8000
05/04/2018 11:20:30.058 [014] [E]Failed to process API request (time: 1016 ms): {"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"miner_getstat2"}
Impossibile stabilire la connessione. Rifiuto persistente del computer di destinazione 127.0.0.1:4028  (  Traslation: Impossible to establish connection. Persistent Deny Destination Host 127.0.0.1:4028)

P.S  127.0.0.1:4028  was  correctly reacheable via browser

Thank you in Advance

Massimiliano
Please remove the command line "-mport -4028" and it should start working.

If you manually set the API port to something Awesome Miner didn't expect, Awesome Miner will not connect to the correct port and the result will be "Interface offline".

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 02:55:22 PM

Since the latest development release v4.6.6, it is no longer possible to monitor stats from Excavator v1.4.4a as AM shows "Interface Offline".

When you see "Interface offline", please select the miner and generate an API report via the toolbar Tools -> API Report. It's probably something in the response from the Excavator miner that Awesome Miner cannot interpret correctly.
In general, Excavator should work fine with the latest Awesome Miner.

gambadamba

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:56:22 PM

Hi
why so many menus and submenus. my God.
where is the button to add a bat.file

ccminer -a x16r  -o stratum+tcp://cryptopool.party:3636 -u RSb332DHgAdb3v5qasj1MEbUtYBRc8Szmb.1060com -p c=RVN,d=12 -i 21 
pause

where to write the second line pause?!

-i 21 & pause
not worket!!!
darius510

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:23:45 PM

Please check out this feature that allow you to customize the content of the Progress field:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/customizefield.aspx
You can get Windows uptime, miner update and a number of other values. If there are specific fields you miss, like more GPU related information, I can simply expose that as well.

I will enable multi-select of miners across different groups in the next release. It's a very small change and hopefully it will make the experience better for you.

I will also make the benchmark dialog non-modal, making it possible for you to have it running while you continue working with the Awesome Miner main window at the same time. This also makes it possible to benchmarks to different miners at the same time.

Thanks for all feedback.

Absolutely fantastic! I really appreciate your responsiveness to user requests.

Regarding the progress field customization, I'm a coder myself and I tried to achieve this myself a while back, but I found that the documentation of the objects and methods for the C# scripting was somewhat lacking and I couldn't figure it out. I also exclusively use the compact view and it didnt appear to function in that view anyway.
Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 647 »
  Print  

Jump to: