Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:52:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... 647 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701295 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 06:05:25 PM

Patrike, BTCP included by default in the 4.7.3?  How is it shown?  I doesn't exist in the coin listing, I can't select it and add it as a pool coin, etc?

Do tell?  Cuz I mine this all the time, and have been using the external api program to pull in the data

UPDATE: are you just talking about the coin graphic, because indeed that works now, but the coin isn't listed in any listing until I ran the external api program that pulls the data

graphics just put appropriate image file in %appdata% AM folder as BTCP.png

coin isn't listed in the whattomine coins.json, you have to add it yourself if haven't done so, no need for external program unless whattomine info is borked (such as LUXcoin)
http://whattomine.com/coins/230.json

yeah, that doesn't help much because WTM isn't populating price, value, etc.  So the external thing does all that for me for now until it gets listed on a real exchange, then WTM should work.

So at least I have the icon, etc, but everything else is coming from the external api program
BTCP was supposed to be included by default in the last release, but I noticed a bug where it was only automatically added if you had any other custom JSON URL's specified. I will correct that. The coin image should however be available already.

Your observation is correct that right now WhatToMine doesn't list any exchange rate for this coin. But once that's available, it will of course be available in Awesome Miner automatically.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:50:06 PM

Hello Patrike,

I had a rig that for some reason can not upgrade to the 4.7.3 remote service.  It can't be uninstalled manually because it says it's not installed... though it's still running, AM can't control the rig.  I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling both services with the Remote Service Configuration tool, but that doesn't seem to do any good.  When I try to manually install the new 4.7.3 MSI it says it can't find a noteservice.msi to complete the uninstallation of the old 4.7.2 service.  I've look on my other rigs that did upgrade successfully, but this MSI is no where to be found.

Are there any manual steps to uninstallation/cleanup of the remote service from a rig so I can start fresh?
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 07:54:19 PM

Hello Patrike,

I had a rig that for some reason can not upgrade to the 4.7.3 remote service.  It can't be uninstalled manually because it says it's not installed... though it's still running, AM can't control the rig.  I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling both services with the Remote Service Configuration tool, but that doesn't seem to do any good.  When I try to manually install the new 4.7.3 MSI it says it can't find a noteservice.msi to complete the uninstallation of the old 4.7.2 service.  I've look on my other rigs that did upgrade successfully, but this MSI is no where to be found.

Are there any manual steps to uninstallation/cleanup of the remote service from a rig so I can start fresh?
Hi,

Please check out this tool from Microsoft that can be used when a MSI-based installer isn't behaving as it should - and this can be used to force a removal:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:51:40 PM

Hello Patrike,

I had a rig that for some reason can not upgrade to the 4.7.3 remote service.  It can't be uninstalled manually because it says it's not installed... though it's still running, AM can't control the rig.  I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling both services with the Remote Service Configuration tool, but that doesn't seem to do any good.  When I try to manually install the new 4.7.3 MSI it says it can't find a noteservice.msi to complete the uninstallation of the old 4.7.2 service.  I've look on my other rigs that did upgrade successfully, but this MSI is no where to be found.

Hi,

Please check out this tool from Microsoft that can be used when a MSI-based installer isn't behaving as it should - and this can be used to force a removal:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

Hello Patrike,

That fixed it so I could install the 4.7.3 remote service.  I had to give it the option to not stop the services and reboot, as the first attempt to stop the services failed again after running that Microsoft tool.  After the successful install of the remote service, I still couldn't couldn't control the rig... ran diagnostics and it said that it couldn't find the mining software.  So I went back to the rig to reset the folders in Windows Defender... I've had to do this before.  Weird thing was that Defender wasn't running.  It wouldn't start either.  I had to go into the registry to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender key... and turn Defender back by changing DisableAntiSpyware to 0

Then I could reset the folders for Defender to ignore with AM... and now it works.

Strange circumstances, but thanks to your help it's resolved now.  Just posting this information in case other run into this situation with the Remote Service or Windows Defender.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 12:13:39 PM

Awesome Miner version 4.7.4

- Automatically disable the Windows crash dialog for mining software that crashes - to allow Awesome Miner to detect the crash and initiate a restart
- Managed Profit Miner properties enables a custom Bitcoin address to be specified for the pools Blazepool and Block Masters
- CastXMR 0.9.5, including support for more Cryptonight algorithms
- PhoenixMiner 2.9e
- Correction to profit display in the View Details dialog for dual algorithm profit
- Correction to always include BTCP coin
- Minor corrections

tf2addict

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:24:45 PM

I can't log in to any Suprnova pool now.  Supernova logins consist of Weblogin.Worker but only the Weblogin is being passed on the command line.  This used to work, did something break in the latest releases?  I don't know what else the problem could be, I haven't changed anything that I know of.
slysir

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:25:31 PM

This only happens on one of my 18 remote managed miners. The DSTM miner (zm) is running with no console window from the ProgramData\AwesomeMiner folder, which is a duplicate folder of %appdata%\AwesomeMiner. If I upgrade the Remote agent it upgrades the ProgramData\AwesomeMiner folder but not  folder %appdata%\AwesomeMiner.

Then if I delete the duplicate ProgramData\AwesomeMiner folder and uninstall/re-install the Remote Agent,  the  folder %appdata%\AwesomeMiner is created and the miner runs with console window as normal. But after a few restarts the duplicate ProgramData\AwesomeMiner folder is somehow created again. Then I am back to running the miner without console window.
powerstr

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:48:15 PM

SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner for All Your CryptoNight Needs

Supported CryptoNight variations:
– Cryptonight
– Cryptonight V7
– Cryptonight Lite
– Cryptonight Lite V7
– Cryptonight Heavy
– Cryptonight UltraHeavy
textb0ok

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:31:11 PM

i see there is 4.7.3 update and also want to know whats the best option to mine using online services static settings: Current, 24 hour avarage estimate or 24 hour avarage actual?
There are probably many opinions on this. In general, Current should be the best, but it can result in a little higher estimates than what you actually get paid for.

Is this really true? I ask because when I switch to current, Awesome Miner switches between algos/pools so often that the earnings (In the earnings column on pools.) that show in my pools are almost nothing.... (there are more earnings shown and they are more spread out across my pools) but the earnings are very low.

However, even when I use the default setting of 24 hour estimate, my earnings still seem not right.... For my test rig alone, Awesome Miner typically (with statistics set to 24 hour estimate and the "Adjust reported revenue for actual payout performance." box checked) will still show a per day profit between $5 to $6. And because there are so many variables, I have been using a separate payment address for just my test rig.... but when I look at my actual earnings in Awesome Miner (total unpaid coin, not USD, YES I AM ACCOUNTING FOR DIPS IN PRICE!), I am seeing something closer to $1.50 to $3 per day...

At this point, I am honestly starting to believe that it would be more profitable to just use Awesome Miner with Nicehash so I can use more up to date miners.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
smartieee

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:36:04 PM

Hello Patrike,

I had a rig that for some reason can not upgrade to the 4.7.3 remote service.  It can't be uninstalled manually because it says it's not installed... though it's still running, AM can't control the rig.  I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling both services with the Remote Service Configuration tool, but that doesn't seem to do any good.  When I try to manually install the new 4.7.3 MSI it says it can't find a noteservice.msi to complete the uninstallation of the old 4.7.2 service.  I've look on my other rigs that did upgrade successfully, but this MSI is no where to be found.

Hi,

Hello Patrike,

That fixed it so I could install the 4.7.3 remote service.  I had to give it the option to not stop the services and reboot, as the first attempt to stop the services failed again after running that Microsoft tool.  After the successful install of the remote service, I still couldn't couldn't control the rig... ran diagnostics and it said that it couldn't find the mining software.  So I went back to the rig to reset the folders in Windows Defender... I've had to do this before.  Weird thing was that Defender wasn't running.  It wouldn't start either.  I had to go into the registry to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender key... and turn Defender back by changing DisableAntiSpyware to 0

Then I could reset the folders for Defender to ignore with AM... and now it works.

Strange circumstances, but thanks to your help it's resolved now.  Just posting this information in case other run into this situation with the Remote Service or Windows Defender.

Hi Puwaha

I had this issue as well a few versions back and manually copied the upgraded files from a working PC into the non working PC program files / AM service directory.  The PC with the above issue needed a Windows re-install anyways it was an excuse to do this which of course was a very round about way to resolve the issue (which it did). It is interesting to see that others (I recall someone else reporting this awhile back) have had this issue as well.

On another note I really liked your instructions from awhile back on using AM rules and IFTTT for my HS-110 smart plugs, my machines restart perfectly on a hard freeze thanks to you!

Regards
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 06:33:29 PM

I can't log in to any Suprnova pool now.  Supernova logins consist of Weblogin.Worker but only the Weblogin is being passed on the command line.  This used to work, did something break in the latest releases?  I don't know what else the problem could be, I haven't changed anything that I know of.
Please share additional details about how the pool and miner is configured, and also the Diagnostics output that highlights the issue.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 06:36:16 PM

This only happens on one of my 18 remote managed miners. The DSTM miner (zm) is running with no console window from the ProgramData\AwesomeMiner folder, which is a duplicate folder of %appdata%\AwesomeMiner. If I upgrade the Remote agent it upgrades the ProgramData\AwesomeMiner folder but not  folder %appdata%\AwesomeMiner.

Then if I delete the duplicate ProgramData\AwesomeMiner folder and uninstall/re-install the Remote Agent,  the  folder %appdata%\AwesomeMiner is created and the miner runs with console window as normal. But after a few restarts the duplicate ProgramData\AwesomeMiner folder is somehow created again. Then I am back to running the miner without console window.
Are you running both Remote Agent and the Remote Service (Windows Service) at the same time? Please open the Remote Service Configuration Tool (see http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/remoteagent.aspx) and make sure that the first section "Service Status" indicates "Service not installed". If not, stop it and uninstall it using the buttons.

If you launch mining software from a Windows service, the console window will not be visible as a Windows service never can make anything show on the desktop.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 06:37:22 PM

SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner for All Your CryptoNight Needs

Supported CryptoNight variations:
– Cryptonight
– Cryptonight V7
– Cryptonight Lite
– Cryptonight Lite V7
– Cryptonight Heavy
– Cryptonight UltraHeavy
Once this mining software get an API (monitoring interface) where Awesome Miner can connect - it can get supported if it's also popular.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 06:40:55 PM

i see there is 4.7.3 update and also want to know whats the best option to mine using online services static settings: Current, 24 hour avarage estimate or 24 hour avarage actual?
There are probably many opinions on this. In general, Current should be the best, but it can result in a little higher estimates than what you actually get paid for.
Is this really true? I ask because when I switch to current, Awesome Miner switches between algos/pools so often that the earnings (In the earnings column on pools.) that show in my pools are almost nothing.... (there are more earnings shown and they are more spread out across my pools) but the earnings are very low.

However, even when I use the default setting of 24 hour estimate, my earnings still seem not right.... For my test rig alone, Awesome Miner typically (with statistics set to 24 hour estimate and the "Adjust reported revenue for actual payout performance." box checked) will still show a per day profit between $5 to $6. And because there are so many variables, I have been using a separate payment address for just my test rig.... but when I look at my actual earnings in Awesome Miner (total unpaid coin, not USD, YES I AM ACCOUNTING FOR DIPS IN PRICE!), I am seeing something closer to $1.50 to $3 per day...

At this point, I am honestly starting to believe that it would be more profitable to just use Awesome Miner with Nicehash so I can use more up to date miners.

It's also recommended to set a Threshold to reduce the too frequent changes. You can also test with not having too short profit switching intervals as well.

There is also a quite new feature to adjust the profitability for the Yiimp pools based on their actual performance over the last few days. When enabled, Awesome Miner will show lower profit estimations, but they might be a bit more realistic. Please see "Adjust reported revenue" at the bottom of this page:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/coinstats.aspx

antoanpopoff

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:14:37 PM

patrike could you please make it possible for AM to save the pool coins from "Define Pool coin" option? I would really love that Smiley
textb0ok

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:26:39 PM

It's also recommended to set a Threshold to reduce the too frequent changes. You can also test with not having too short profit switching intervals as well.

There is also a quite new feature to adjust the profitability for the Yiimp pools based on their actual performance over the last few days. When enabled, Awesome Miner will show lower profit estimations, but they might be a bit more realistic. Please see "Adjust reported revenue" at the bottom of this page:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/coinstats.aspx

Undecided  If you read my comment... I am using "Adjust reported revenue for actual payout performance.". I have been using it since you added that.

Also, my profit switching interval is set to 5 minutes with a threshold of 3%
somaton

Activity: 204
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:31:13 PM

AM is not giving correctly all parameters to excavator miner. Here is example:

if i want to mine lyra2v2 with AM using excavator, standard string made by AM will be this: {"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["lyra2rev2","lyra2v2.mine.zergpool.com:4533","btc_address:c=BTC"]}
if i want to use custom string with additional settings for difficulty, specified in AM software settings window, it will be like this: lyra2rev2 -p c=BTC,d=0.2

here is what AM is giving to excavator: {"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["lyra2rev2 -p c=BTC,d=0.2","lyra2v2.mine.zergpool.com:4533","my_btc_address:c=BTC"]}

Excavator will get stuck with this string "lyra2rev2 -p c=BTC,d=0.2", so correct way is to send all that info to excavator is to send everything only BEFORE first space to first string (algo).
DrHookMcracken

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:58:37 PM

Is there any way to prevent switching different pools on the same algo?  I find that sometimes pools play ping-pong with each other on the same algo, which results in more miner downtime. I can mitigate the problem a bit by setting a higher switching threshold %, but I find this still happens fairly often.
O-Coin

Activity: 61
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:50:58 PM

Just a pol how many of the profit switching pools do you use? We have 9 Pre-configured.

Does anyone use them all set and forget kinda?

Is there any statistical best practices?

If not using a particular one why?

Im not using Mining Dutch Ive had alot of issue like shares not found for extended periods and once i enabled "adjust reported revenue for actual payout performance".  All my rigs were showing less than $1 per card or about 6-8 per day  on 1070 1080 and 1070ti . Yet the profit profile still showed most profitable.  I guess Id like to just use as few as possible for simpler management and reporting but also dont want to leave money on the table.

GoRdiE

Activity: 162

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:12:34 PM

Just a pol how many of the profit switching pools do you use? We have 9 Pre-configured.

Does anyone use them all set and forget kinda?

Is there any statistical best practices?

If not using a particular one why?

Im not using Mining Dutch Ive had alot of issue like shares not found for extended periods and once i enabled "adjust reported revenue for actual payout performance".  All my rigs were showing less than $1 per card or about 6-8 per day  on 1070 1080 and 1070ti . Yet the profit profile still showed most profitable.  I guess Id like to just use as few as possible for simpler management and reporting but also dont want to leave money on the table.

Nicehash a little with older PC
Zpool yes
MPH only for some specific coins without convert
Ahaspool yes
Hash Refinery NOT
ZergPool NOT
Mining Dutch Absolutely NOT
Blazepool and Block Masters ... I have not tried them

Yiimp.eu, BSOD... and some more for especific coins.
Pages: « 1 ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... 647 »
  Print  

Jump to: