Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:31:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701094 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 04:24:07 PM

This indicates that the download of the MSI file failed. Can you try the procedure one more time or download it from the web site if it still doesn't work?

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Allo-4ka

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 04:29:39 PM

This indicates that the download of the MSI file failed. Can you try the procedure one more time or download it from the web site if it still doesn't work?
Direct link from the site - it's works
Fu Ren

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 06:54:25 PM

Awesome Miner version 6.1.6

Features
  - A new setting for applying the pool profit factor to the coins on the Coins tab. Can be enabled in the Options dialog, Statistics Settings section.
 User interface
  - Performance improvements to the Coins tab when having a large number of coins
  - Added additional coin images
 Mining software
  - BMiner 13.2
  - Gminer 1.23
  - TT-Miner 2.1.7
  - XMRig miner 2.10.0 for AMD, nVidia and CPU
 Corrections
  - User interface correction to Profit Factor setting in Coin Properties
  - Adjusted exponential factor for calculating revenue of Equihash 96,5 coins
  - The rounding of the BMiner and NBMiner hashrate values was removed
  - BMiner to always use highest prioritized pool when there are several pools available
  - NBMiner command line correction for passing a password after the worker name

Hi Patrike
I just upgraded to this release and my issue with NBminer is corretly solved now, i.e. native miner working ok after logging in to the pool and all the relevant power and price info for GRIN is passed to the dashboard, thanks a lot.
danielocdh

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 10:14:07 PM

Any way to stop awesome miner from creating firewall rules for every mining software?
I don't want everyone on my LAN to have access to the mining software on my miners.

Local connections usually work even if you don't allow the program, is there any particular reason for awesome miner to create firewall rules?
There are currently no setting to prevent this behavior in Awesome Miner.

Awesome Miner is registering the mining software as an allowed application. Mining software must be able to make outgoing pool connections and also open an API port where Awesome Miner connects for monitoring information. If an application isn't registered to the Windows firewall it may be blocked and Windows almost always shows a dialog where the user must accept the application.

If you try to start almost any mining software outside of Awesome Miner (a software that Awesome Miner didn't register already) you will see that Windows Defender Firewall will show a warning dialog - unless Defender is completely disabled.

In Windows Defender Firewall you also have a setting called "Block all incoming connections, including those in the list of allowed apps". That might be the one you are looking for in your specific scenario.

As for the inbound rules, I understand is good to have them to prevent the popups but there is no need to have them as "allow the connection" rules, because the monitoring connections are local we could have them as "block the connection" rules and the monitoring would still work correctly(as far as I have tested over the years) without allowing other LAN devices access to the mining software.

The "Block all incoming connections, including those in the list of allowed apps" might seem enough for most use cases but I have mining computers that serve other content so I need access to some of their ports.

Please consider adding an option so we can decide whether to create the rules as allow or block rules, thank you.
Can this be solved by using the setting to block all incoming connections, but then explicitly configure Windows Defender to open up a few ports that you need?

Even if you only monitor mining software locally, Windows will still complain and show the Blocked dialog when you launch the mining software unless it's an allowed application. This is the reason why Awesome Miner adds the mining software as allowed as it's very difficult to run mining operations without it.
Block all incoming connections takes precedence over any other rule.

I manually changed the allow rules created by awesome miner for the mining software to block rules. Have been mining since I originally asked about this without any issue or popup (picture of my rules linked). The problem is that when new software is added/updated new rules will be created by awesome miner as allowed rules.
https://imgur.com/a/w7YBXdZ

If you make this an option you could just leave the default as it is now(allowed rules), just in case "blocked" rules might break anything for someone.
Thanks for the update.

I've made a quick implementation to support this case. I've introduced a new setting that you can set directly in the Awesome Miner configuration file as I don't want to expose this in the user interface.

1) Once the next version of Awesome Miner is available, install it, run it once and then exit the application.
2) Open the configuration file (%appdata%\AwesomeMiner\ConfigData.xml) and search for "ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps".
3) Change the property from true to false and save the file.
Thanks, I tried but it showed a popup the first time a mining software ran.
While testing further I found out 2 possible reasons why:
1 When creating a block rule the rule is created with Profile Private(current profile), while when creating an allow rule the rule is created with Profile All.
2 When creating a block rule the rule is added to the registry a couple of seconds after the miner software is launched, while when creating an allow rule the rule is added to the registry a few milliseconds before the miner software is launched.
I didn't test extensively but I'm guessing #1 has something to do with defaults, for #2 my guess is some firewall api limitation or maybe it is not the cause of the issue.
Hopefully you can take another look at it, otherwise I'll just create a script that runs now and then and modifies the rules as needed.
Even that my lan is relatively secure and have trustworthy people connecting to it, I don't want to leave my mining software open.

Thanks again.
The default behavior of Awesome Miner is to add this Allowed Apps rule. In that case things should just work and you shouldn't see any dialogs from Windows Defender. Is that correct according to your observations as well? I don't have any plans to change how these rules are set at the moment, as what Awesome Miner do works very well in a very large number of mining environments out there.

If you use the new property set to false, Awesome Miner will not do anything with the firewall configuration. I assume it's in only in this case you are getting the warnings from Defender? With the automatic configuration disabled in Awesome Miner, you are basically on your own here and you can manually configure (or not configure) the rules as you want.
I'm feeling that I'm failing to communicate what I want to say a lot, sorry about that and thank you for your patience. Maybe you make me nervous Wink

I meant that when configuring ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps as true the rules (allow rules) are being created with Profile=All, but when configuring ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps as false the rules(block rules) are being created with Profile=Private, I believe the difference in profile causes the popups to come up when ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps is set to false.
trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 03:38:56 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2019, 03:53:30 AM by trucobit

Of course PAtrike, I suggest, although it may be insistent, here the boss and decide is you.

But I see incongruous, to my way of working that I have to change the Profit in the pool and then again in the Coins tab.

I await your solution or your no solution, I adapt to what you program.
The good news is that the next release will have a new setting for applying the pool profit factor to the coins on the Coins tab. This behavior will be configurable in the Options dialog, Statistics Settings section.

If you have more than one pool for a coin, the pool with the lowest profit factor will be used. Once the new version is available, please give it a try to see if it works like you had in mind.

This is what I needed, now I just have to continue measuring pool / coins, add it in the currency pool and activating the new option, it is applied in Coins. It was just that. Thanks, it does not make sense that there are 2 profits at a time.
trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 04:10:44 AM

I have noticed a small bug in the coins tab, I do not know if it happens to more people.

I have the coins in the coins tab sorted by daily profit. Until now everything was perfect, if the currencies changed their price, they changed the list of Coins.

Now it does not, the coins change profit over time, but the list of coins remains static. Even if you give it to refresh it does not do the job. I have to give it again to order for profit

It is happening since the last update.
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 09:22:08 AM

I have noticed a small bug in the coins tab, I do not know if it happens to more people.

I have the coins in the coins tab sorted by daily profit. Until now everything was perfect, if the currencies changed their price, they changed the list of Coins.

Now it does not, the coins change profit over time, but the list of coins remains static. Even if you give it to refresh it does not do the job. I have to give it again to order for profit

I can concur v6.1.6 having UI issues with Coins tab not updating visually. Statistics are still updated in the background and Details tab / Profit switching are still working, just that Coins tab doesn't seem to "refresh".
dasch

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 12:19:13 PM

Hi Patrike !

Just another little issue to submit to you.
When I'm minning Grin with G miner tha hashrate reported on AM isn't the same in Gminer console (35 for AM and 36.8 in Gminer).
Except this everything is fine with this update !
Thanks.
terryborg

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 06:42:11 PM

Using BMiner 13.1 on Grin, in the miner console it shows the hash rate as around 4.5, but in A.M. it shows as a steady 5.0.  When the hash rate in the console drops below 4.5 it shows as 4.0 in A.M.  Is A.M. rounding to an integer value or does it come like that from the BMiner API?

Yes, there was a rounding going on here. It will be removed in the next update. Thanks!

the latest 6.16 still have a little count issue of total grin hash rate, it's show only integer and much lower than the actual total summary of each gpu's hash rate(when using gminer in the GPU's detail hash rate was correct),
 for example, 6 gpus have average hashrate about 6.55 H of each gpu, and total should be 6.55x6=39.3 H, however , the total count of hash rate in awesome miner only show 36.00 H, could you please help to solve this issue on the next release?

I think the  above dasch talking about the same issue as mine.

thanks
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 08:23:52 PM

how to set grin pool AND WORKER PARAMS ?
joseph32

Activity: 413
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 01:51:09 AM

Has anyone added GrinGoldMiner as User Defined Mining Software? If yes, what Compatibility Mode and Software did you used? Thanks in advance!
Binary100100

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 05:04:31 AM

Anyone know how to make AM work with AMD cards?
I just scored a good deal on four RX 570 8G but sadly can't use them to mine Grin or Beam yet. Sad
Any help would be appreciated.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2019, 07:41:14 AM

Block all incoming connections takes precedence over any other rule.

I manually changed the allow rules created by awesome miner for the mining software to block rules. Have been mining since I originally asked about this without any issue or popup (picture of my rules linked). The problem is that when new software is added/updated new rules will be created by awesome miner as allowed rules.
https://imgur.com/a/w7YBXdZ

If you make this an option you could just leave the default as it is now(allowed rules), just in case "blocked" rules might break anything for someone.
Thanks for the update.

I've made a quick implementation to support this case. I've introduced a new setting that you can set directly in the Awesome Miner configuration file as I don't want to expose this in the user interface.

1) Once the next version of Awesome Miner is available, install it, run it once and then exit the application.
2) Open the configuration file (%appdata%\AwesomeMiner\ConfigData.xml) and search for "ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps".
3) Change the property from true to false and save the file.
Thanks, I tried but it showed a popup the first time a mining software ran.
While testing further I found out 2 possible reasons why:
1 When creating a block rule the rule is created with Profile Private(current profile), while when creating an allow rule the rule is created with Profile All.
2 When creating a block rule the rule is added to the registry a couple of seconds after the miner software is launched, while when creating an allow rule the rule is added to the registry a few milliseconds before the miner software is launched.
I didn't test extensively but I'm guessing #1 has something to do with defaults, for #2 my guess is some firewall api limitation or maybe it is not the cause of the issue.
Hopefully you can take another look at it, otherwise I'll just create a script that runs now and then and modifies the rules as needed.
Even that my lan is relatively secure and have trustworthy people connecting to it, I don't want to leave my mining software open.

Thanks again.
The default behavior of Awesome Miner is to add this Allowed Apps rule. In that case things should just work and you shouldn't see any dialogs from Windows Defender. Is that correct according to your observations as well? I don't have any plans to change how these rules are set at the moment, as what Awesome Miner do works very well in a very large number of mining environments out there.

If you use the new property set to false, Awesome Miner will not do anything with the firewall configuration. I assume it's in only in this case you are getting the warnings from Defender? With the automatic configuration disabled in Awesome Miner, you are basically on your own here and you can manually configure (or not configure) the rules as you want.
I'm feeling that I'm failing to communicate what I want to say a lot, sorry about that and thank you for your patience. Maybe you make me nervous Wink

I meant that when configuring ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps as true the rules (allow rules) are being created with Profile=All, but when configuring ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps as false the rules(block rules) are being created with Profile=Private, I believe the difference in profile causes the popups to come up when ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps is set to false.
Thanks for the update. Your observations when running with ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps set to false are probably what to expect, as it's totally up to Windows to decide when to block, when to show the dialog and what rule to add in that case. Awesome Miner will do nothing, which is the purpose of setting the property to false.

Although I understand your observations here, I don't fully understand what you want Awesome Miner to do here. It can already do:
1) Add allowed apps automatically. This is the default, has been around for years and works fine for the purpose of mining.
2) The new mode when ConfigureWindowsDefenderAllowedApps set to false will result in Awesome Miner doing nothing. You are on your own to do what you want here. Any dialogs, blocking and so on you see is related to configuration of Windows and not Awesome Miner.

There are no feature in Awesome Miner to configure the allowed apps in any new way - either it's configured in a way that work (#1) or it's not touching anything (#2). Sorry if I missed your point here.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2019, 07:46:15 AM

I can concur v6.1.6 having UI issues with Coins tab not updating visually. Statistics are still updated in the background and Details tab / Profit switching are still working, just that Coins tab doesn't seem to "refresh".
Thanks for reporting this issue on the Coins tab. It will be corrected in a new release today.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2019, 07:48:23 AM

Using BMiner 13.1 on Grin, in the miner console it shows the hash rate as around 4.5, but in A.M. it shows as a steady 5.0.  When the hash rate in the console drops below 4.5 it shows as 4.0 in A.M.  Is A.M. rounding to an integer value or does it come like that from the BMiner API?

Yes, there was a rounding going on here. It will be removed in the next update. Thanks!

the latest 6.16 still have a little count issue of total grin hash rate, it's show only integer and much lower than the actual total summary of each gpu's hash rate(when using gminer in the GPU's detail hash rate was correct),
 for example, 6 gpus have average hashrate about 6.55 H of each gpu, and total should be 6.55x6=39.3 H, however , the total count of hash rate in awesome miner only show 36.00 H, could you please help to solve this issue on the next release?

I think the  above dasch talking about the same issue as mine.

thanks
Previously Awesome Miner had some rounding going on but this time I will actually put the blame somewhere else Smiley
I turns out that the Gminer API reports the total hashrate rounded (like 36 H/s), while it per device is reported correctly (like 6.55).

I will adjust Awesome Miner to ignore the total hashrate reported and instead add up all the hashrates of the individual devices and present that as a total hashrate.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2019, 07:50:51 AM

hi - how hide agent icon on trayit windows?
Please see the section "Remote Service Configuration":
https://support.awesomeminer.com/support/solutions/articles/35000085713-remote-agent-control-mining-on-a-remote-computer
There is a checkbox to hide this icon.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2019, 07:53:19 AM

how to set grin pool AND WORKER PARAMS ?
Is this for the grin-pool.org? According to their instructions you need to pass the unique worker name part in the Password field of the pool.
In Awesome Miner you can type [MinerWorker] in the password field to let Awesome Miner fill in this for you.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2019, 07:58:23 AM

Has anyone added GrinGoldMiner as User Defined Mining Software? If yes, what Compatibility Mode and Software did you used? Thanks in advance!
I've only had a quick look so far and it's not compatible with anything else. It can for that reason only be added as a Generic Miner where you need to specify everything yourself.

GrinGoldMiner also has a strange concept of asking the users questions to fill in a XML-file doesn't make it easier. You will have to generate the XML file manually before you point Awesome Miner to use this software.

Awesome Miner will get support for one of these AMD Grin miners in a not too distant future. GrinPro looks like the fastest right now.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2019, 08:01:23 AM

Anyone know how to make AM work with AMD cards?
I just scored a good deal on four RX 570 8G but sadly can't use them to mine Grin or Beam yet. Sad
Any help would be appreciated.
Awesome Miner doesn't support any mining software for these algorithms on AMD yet. The popular mining software that supports these algorithms are for nVidia.

There are some new AMD mining software like GrinGoldMiner and GrinPro and they are very similar. Awesome Miner will support one of them later on. Right now you need to manually launch your AMD Grin mining software using the Generic Miner concept in Awesome Miner:
https://support.awesomeminer.com/support/solutions/articles/35000086017-generic-miner-use-any-mining-software

baf28

Activity: 117

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 08:33:27 AM

lolminer does not correctly set the -d parameter even with the BUS ID enabled
Pages: « 1 ... 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: