Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:06:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 [460] 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701018 times)
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 09:30:18 AM

Version 6.2.9 (Development preview of 6.3)

Thank you Patrike for the dynamic coin properties update feature, it's simply amazing! Going to test it out for a few days and see if it have significant effect on mining efficiency/luck, will let you know! Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zaqwsx

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 11:23:24 AM

Hi Patrike,

I'm trying to write a custom C# Script that sends a "reboot by IP" request. What is the way to get the host IP of a host that has triggered a Rule? Is it included in List<IMinerBase>?

I need to run a Script like this:

Code:
using System.Text;
using System.Net;
using System.Collections.Specialized;

public class ActionScript
{
private ContextProvider Context = ScriptManager.Context;

public bool Execute(List<IMinerBase> list)
{
foreach (var miner in list)
{
String ipToReset = // I need the IP of the miner that has triggered the rule or its host name

using (var wb = new WebClient())
            {
                var response = wb.DownloadString("http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxx/?IP=" + ipToReset + "&RESET=");
            }
}
return true;
}
}
trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 11:24:53 AM

ASIC mining
  - Updates to Antminer T15 support to include temperatures
 Features
  - Define custom data sources for coin properties; Difficulty, Block Reward and Exchange rate. Use expressions to load values from any JSON data source.
  - Reboot button in main toolbar will be available for External Miners as well, performing a reboot over SSH
  - Custom filter expressions configurable per User Group when accessing the local web interface
 User interface
  - Coins with modified properties will be indicated with a blue color for the coin name on the Coins tab, even when running in Compact List mode
  - Updated coin images
 Integration
  - Adjustments to CuckaRoo29s calculations
  - Adjustments to new API for CoinCalculators.io
  - Updated Exp. Factor for ARRR coin
 Mining softare
  - PhoenixMiner 4.2c, including ProgPow support
  - TT-Miner 2.2.0
 Corrections
  - The combinaton of using CoinCalculators.io, non-default exchange rate mode and exchange filtering could result in incorrect exchange rate for BTC.
  - Correction to JCE GPU Miner selection of GPUs to use
  - Correction to Bminer command line for specific combinations of pool algorithms
  - Improved detection of mining software crashes and recovery for the Managed Profit Switcher

To get access to development versions, open the Options dialog in Awesome Miner. In the General section, enable Check for development versions. Then go to the Menu and click Check for updates.

Direct download links if needed:
https://www.awesomeminer.com/download/setupdev/AwesomeMiner.msi
https://www.awesomeminer.com/download/setupdev/AwesomeMinerRemoteService.msi

Totally awesome. We already have an online document with the URLS and the name Json to extract the difficulties and also of many currencies the price of the exchange.

It's a big change, more complex than I suggested, but more complete. I already have about 20 personalized coins, being able to read the difficulty in real time gives me an advantage without delay.

Thank you very much for attending to the requests of the users.

I have noticed that there is no option to add the URL for nethash, it would be perfect. While you do not have it, you will read it from the provider.
Thanks for the nice feedback on this new feature.

Nethash has never been configurable for a coin in Awesome Miner because it isn't used for the revenue calculations. It can however be a good insight when mining, especially now when coin properties can be dynamically updated with custom data sources. I understand your point that Nethash also could make sense to support.

IF it is not used then better. But it is informative to see the health of the currency, to see how much hash there is and to determine if it is worthwhile to enter, or simply to observe its change.

IF it is not fundamental for the currency, do not bother. I am really grateful and enjoying the personalized data, some currencies change very fast and to enter before to mine it that other bots that are based on Yiimp data is already an advantage. With this we already have control of the coins that we mine. And also to be able to mix data taking them from other suppliers. There are coins that your Explorer does not show in difficulty, because they do not have API, so I get it from CC, but I use the CTM prices. Yes, you have made my mining group very happy and personally, we already have some 50 custom coins

A detail, in the update says that coins with something modified would be marked in blue or something similar. I do not see that, even to a currency that I have put the price by hand, does not mark anything in the list of coins that tell me that it is modified. I say it to review it, I am more than happy with everything else.
trucobit

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 11:51:33 AM

@PAtrike   Now we can even add new coins, obtaining price and difficulty by api URL. But there is one thing that we can not define and that is as easy as putting an extra field. THE blocktime. It is important because it determines how many blocks a day are generated and I suppose it would be important for AM calculations.

If I could add that simple field, we can now add coins directly as before with AM CU.

I feel like I'm always asking for something ...
trucobit

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 08:13:55 PM

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6o2i39gufuevpnt/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202019-03-27%20a%20las%2021.07.31.png

http://explore.placeh.io:8080/api/getdifficulty

I have this fault, which is foreign to AM. It is to obtain the difficulty of a coin. If you run the url in a browser it looks good, but then in AM you see that it also gets the Google Analytics code, Google's free statistics system

But the first line corresponds to the difficulty. I leave it to you in case there is some easy way that you can solve it, as some option to just read the first line, or ignore a scrypt if it has "google" inside as a name. Any option is valid.

This being very useful, there are coins that according to the providers to the explorer there a huge difference. The most realistic difficulty data apart from the explorer, is WTM.

I hope something can be done.
Siolim

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 09:32:17 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2019, 09:56:29 PM by Siolim

Patrick, hello.

When requested with CoinCalculators.io [?(@.Name=='Litecoin')].CurrentDifficulty
always one answer "Unable to read value"

Request Provider: WhatToMine
JSON property expression: coins.Litecoin.difficulty - I get data on all coins

When I request https://explorer.zcha.in/v2/mainnet/network, I get a response with the data, but on top of “Unable to read value”

The idea is very cool. Well done.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 09:36:46 PM

Hi Patrike,

I'm trying to write a custom C# Script that sends a "reboot by IP" request. What is the way to get the host IP of a host that has triggered a Rule? Is it included in List<IMinerBase>?

I need to run a Script like this:

Code:
using System.Text;
using System.Net;
using System.Collections.Specialized;

public class ActionScript
{
private ContextProvider Context = ScriptManager.Context;

public bool Execute(List<IMinerBase> list)
{
foreach (var miner in list)
{
String ipToReset = // I need the IP of the miner that has triggered the rule or its host name

using (var wb = new WebClient())
            {
                var response = wb.DownloadString("http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxx/?IP=" + ipToReset + "&RESET=");
            }
}
return true;
}
}
Please use the following. It will return the IP address or hostname you have configured for your miner.
Code:
string ipToReset = (miner as MinerBase).GetHostname();

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 09:38:26 PM

Thank you Patrike for the dynamic coin properties update feature, it's simply amazing! Going to test it out for a few days and see if it have significant effect on mining efficiency/luck, will let you know! Wink
Thanks for the great feedback. It's intended to be quite flexible, but it also requires some work to find and enter all data sources.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 09:47:45 PM

IF it is not used then better. But it is informative to see the health of the currency, to see how much hash there is and to determine if it is worthwhile to enter, or simply to observe its change.

IF it is not fundamental for the currency, do not bother. I am really grateful and enjoying the personalized data, some currencies change very fast and to enter before to mine it that other bots that are based on Yiimp data is already an advantage. With this we already have control of the coins that we mine. And also to be able to mix data taking them from other suppliers. There are coins that your Explorer does not show in difficulty, because they do not have API, so I get it from CC, but I use the CTM prices. Yes, you have made my mining group very happy and personally, we already have some 50 custom coins

A detail, in the update says that coins with something modified would be marked in blue or something similar. I do not see that, even to a currency that I have put the price by hand, does not mark anything in the list of coins that tell me that it is modified. I say it to review it, I am more than happy with everything else.

@PAtrike   Now we can even add new coins, obtaining price and difficulty by api URL. But there is one thing that we can not define and that is as easy as putting an extra field. THE blocktime. It is important because it determines how many blocks a day are generated and I suppose it would be important for AM calculations.

If I could add that simple field, we can now add coins directly as before with AM CU.

I feel like I'm always asking for something ...
Awesome Miner only uses Difficulty, Block Reward, Exchange rate and Exponential factor to calculate coins per day and the revenue for a coin. That's all properties needed to do all the calculations in Awesome Miner.

The other properties like NetHash and Block Time are not required at all - they are only displayed for information purposes. This is also the reason why it's never been possible to manually modify these properties.

About the blue text for coins. It's only on the Coins tab you will see the coin name displayed in blue color in the 'Coin' column - if the coin has custom properties. As soon as you have enabled "Change Properties" for a coin, it should show up with blue name. It may not be that easy to see the small color change, but it should be there.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 09:50:57 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2019, 10:10:39 PM by patrike

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6o2i39gufuevpnt/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202019-03-27%20a%20las%2021.07.31.png

http://explore.placeh.io:8080/api/getdifficulty

I have this fault, which is foreign to AM. It is to obtain the difficulty of a coin. If you run the url in a browser it looks good, but then in AM you see that it also gets the Google Analytics code, Google's free statistics system

But the first line corresponds to the difficulty. I leave it to you in case there is some easy way that you can solve it, as some option to just read the first line, or ignore a scrypt if it has "google" inside as a name. Any option is valid.

This being very useful, there are coins that according to the providers to the explorer there a huge difference. The most realistic difficulty data apart from the explorer, is WTM.

I hope something can be done.
I looked up this one in Chrome dev tools and it's returning a HTML page with a Javascript.

In a web browser this will just look like a number, but it's both HTML and Javascript just like you pointed out.

From an Awesome Miner point of view the information is downloaded but contains much more than just a plain number. A bit strange that they call this an API (in the URL) where it's also including HTML in the response.

I will have to investigate if this can be supported in a good way.

Update: I took your advice and only look on the first line if there are multiple lines for plain text sources. A correction to support these kind of URL's will be included in the next release. No additional configuration will be required, it will just work.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 10:00:44 PM

Patrick, hello.

I have when requesting a manual API http://explorer.choosebitcash.com/api/getdifficulty
issues the HTML PUBLIC DOCTYPE "- // W3C // DTD HTML 4.01 // EN"
"http://Http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<Html>

<Head>
<title> BitCash Explorer </ title>
<meta name = "description" content = "">
<meta name = "keywords" content = "">
</ head>
<frameset lines = "100%, *" border = "0">
<frame src = "http: //188.165.217.191ific001/api/getdifficulty" frameborder = "0" />
</ frameset>

</ html>

When requested with CoinCalculators.io [?(@.Name=='Litecoin')].CurrentDifficulty

When I request https://explorer.zcha.in/v2/mainnet/network, I get a response with the data, but on top of “Unable to read value”

Thanks for all feedback.

1) I noticed the example in the documentation for BitCash didn't work out-of-the-box.
Instead you have to enter the following URL that provides the plain value:
Code:
http://188.165.217.191:3001/api/getdifficulty

I've updated the documentation for this as well. Thanks for letting me know

2) For CoinCalculators and Litecoin - the JSON properties are actually case sensitive.
Please change your configuration from:
Code:
[?(@.Name=='Litecoin')].CurrentDifficulty
to:
Code:
[?(@.name=='Litecoin')].currentDifficulty

3) From what I can see, the Zcash API example works fine. Which property did you try to load?
You do need to specify a JSON property expression like "difficulty" or similar.

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2223

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2019, 12:41:30 AM

I also noticed that on the dashboard screen, it shows my active miners as one number but under active devices, under "ASIC" it has the wrong value - my guess is that it relates to the T15, like it sees it as an active miner but not as an ASIC for some reason.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
Siolim

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 12:42:05 AM

Patrick, hello.

I have when requesting a manual API http://explorer.choosebitcash.com/api/getdifficulty
issues the HTML PUBLIC DOCTYPE "- // W3C // DTD HTML 4.01 // EN"
"http://Http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<Html>

<Head>
<title> BitCash Explorer </ title>
<meta name = "description" content = "">
<meta name = "keywords" content = "">
</ head>
<frameset lines = "100%, *" border = "0">
<frame src = "http: //188.165.217.191ific001/api/getdifficulty" frameborder = "0" />
</ frameset>

</ html>

Thanks for all feedback.

1) I noticed the example in the documentation for BitCash didn't work out-of-the-box.
Instead you have to enter the following URL that provides the plain value:
Code:
http://188.165.217.191:3001/api/getdifficulty

I've updated the documentation for this as well. Thanks for letting me know

2) For CoinCalculators and Litecoin - the JSON properties are actually case sensitive.
Please change your configuration from:
Code:
[?(@.Name=='Litecoin')].CurrentDifficulty
to:
Code:
[?(@.name=='Litecoin')].currentDifficulty

3) From what I can see, the Zcash API example works fine. Which property did you try to load?
You do need to specify a JSON property expression like "difficulty" or similar.

Give thanks. I understood.
Everything is very good.
moppidoo

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 11:11:14 AM

Hi Patrike,

Regarding dynamic loading from local coin node's JSON-RPC which uses POST, can you give an example on whether it is possible to read the data with current v6.2.9 release please?

what I'm trying to achieve is via the built-in JSON-RPC with the example:

Code:
curl --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "1.0", "id":"curltest", "method": "getinfo", "params": [] }' 
    -H 'content-type: application/json;' http://USER:RPCPASS@HOST:PORT/

now I can get it to work by testing it using the Servistate Chrome Extension (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/servistate-http-editor-re/mmdjghedkfbdhbjhmefbbgjaihmmhkeg)

but I'm not sure exactly how to parse this via AM's interface

Thanks in advance!
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2019, 01:28:56 PM

I also noticed that on the dashboard screen, it shows my active miners as one number but under active devices, under "ASIC" it has the wrong value - my guess is that it relates to the T15, like it sees it as an active miner but not as an ASIC for some reason.
Before I made the change for Antminer T15 in the recent development release 6.2.9, the ASIC count wasn't including this miner like you describe. However, this should be working fine since the latest development version.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2019, 01:34:44 PM

Hi Patrike,

Regarding dynamic loading from local coin node's JSON-RPC which uses POST, can you give an example on whether it is possible to read the data with current v6.2.9 release please?

what I'm trying to achieve is via the built-in JSON-RPC with the example:

Code:
curl --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "1.0", "id":"curltest", "method": "getinfo", "params": [] }' 
    -H 'content-type: application/json;' http://USER:RPCPASS@HOST:PORT/

now I can get it to work by testing it using the Servistate Chrome Extension (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/servistate-http-editor-re/mmdjghedkfbdhbjhmefbbgjaihmmhkeg)

but I'm not sure exactly how to parse this via AM's interface

Thanks in advance!
I looked into this scenario and there was no way of including the username and password in the HTTP authorization header.

I've just added support for entering a username and password for the HTTP request and tested it with a local wallet - and it works fine.

I've also updated the documentation for this, although you cannot use it until the next development release is available. Please see "Load coin difficulty from local wallet software via JSON-RPC API":
https://support.awesomeminer.com/support/solutions/articles/35000115480-load-coin-properties-from-a-custom-source

moppidoo

View Profile
March 28, 2019, 09:10:31 PM

I looked into this scenario and there was no way of including the username and password in the HTTP authorization header.

I've just added support for entering a username and password for the HTTP request and tested it with a local wallet - and it works fine.

I've also updated the documentation for this, although you cannot use it until the next development release is available. Please see "Load coin difficulty from local wallet software via JSON-RPC API":
https://support.awesomeminer.com/support/solutions/articles/35000115480-load-coin-properties-from-a-custom-source

Thank you patrike! This is marvellous! This resolves the issue with some public explorers with API caching issue (chainz.cryptoid.info - and consequently, CoinCalculators using it) and cause delay in reported difficulty which is far different than actual "current" value.

Time to setup a dedicated wallets node box for good potential PoW chains without a (good) explorer while waiting for next AM release (Perfect Timing!). Saves API bashing public services as well and potentially getting oneself banned/flagged by them.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2019, 10:54:08 PM

Before I made the change for Antminer T15 in the recent development release 6.2.9, the ASIC count wasn't including this miner like you describe. However, this should be working fine since the latest development version.

sorry but maybe I am misunderstanding - are you saying it should be corrected now? or will be corrected with next update? I have no updates to install and says it is using most current version but I do not see the temps for the T15 nor do I see it counted as an ASIC on the dashboard screen.

Still having the API disconnect every few minutes as well. sometimes it reconnects other times I have to reboot all the miners. I may have to stop using AM and find another way to report miner details. I feel that with all the reboots that I am just losing money because the miners are being stopped and rebooted simply so AM can see them - when in fact they are working fine.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2019, 07:14:03 AM

sorry but maybe I am misunderstanding - are you saying it should be corrected now? or will be corrected with next update? I have no updates to install and says it is using most current version but I do not see the temps for the T15 nor do I see it counted as an ASIC on the dashboard screen.
The device count should be fine in development version 6.2.9, released a few days ago. Version 6.2.8 is the latest public release - but you can upgrade to 6.2.9 in this way:
To get access to development versions, open the Options dialog in Awesome Miner. In the General section, enable Check for development versions. Then go to the Menu and click Check for updates.

You can confirm your current version in the lower left corner of the Awesome Miner main application.

Still having the API disconnect every few minutes as well. sometimes it reconnects other times I have to reboot all the miners. I may have to stop using AM and find another way to report miner details. I feel that with all the reboots that I am just losing money because the miners are being stopped and rebooted simply so AM can see them - when in fact they are working fine.
For the Antminer API - did you follow my previous suggestion about testing with a completely different mining pool?

I've had a number of cases in the past where some specific mining pools could cause the problems you describe with miners showing up as Disconnected after a while - although they still were mining on the pool. What happens here is an issue on the Antminers when mining on some pools begin to respond slower and slower to monitoring applications (API requests). After a while the responses are so slow (or not given at all) that Awesome Miner will simply consider the miner to be Disconnected.

Please note that this is an issue on the Antminer under certain conditions - not an Awesome Miner issue. For this reason you will run into the same issues even if you would test with another monitoring solution.

This is also why I keep answer with the same suggestion all the time, about doing troubleshooting and testing with another mining pool, so we can confirm the issue. Thanks!

There is one setting in Awesome Miner that might help a bit, where you can have Awesome Miner wait longer for the responses from the Antminer. Please go to the Options dialog, Advanced section, and increase the "Miner API connection timeout" to 10 seconds for example. This will however not solve the main problem, only make it show up less frequent. You can try this if you want, but my main suggestion is still about the mining pool.

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2019, 12:35:38 PM

For the Antminer API - did you follow my previous suggestion about testing with a completely different mining pool?

I've had a number of cases in the past where some specific mining pools could cause the problems you describe with miners showing up as Disconnected after a while - although they still were mining on the pool. What happens here is an issue on the Antminers when mining on some pools begin to respond slower and slower to monitoring applications (API requests). After a while the responses are so slow (or not given at all) that Awesome Miner will simply consider the miner to be Disconnected.

Please note that this is an issue on the Antminer under certain conditions - not an Awesome Miner issue. For this reason you will run into the same issues even if you would test with another monitoring solution.

This is also why I keep answer with the same suggestion all the time, about doing troubleshooting and testing with another mining pool, so we can confirm the issue. Thanks!

There is one setting in Awesome Miner that might help a bit, where you can have Awesome Miner wait longer for the responses from the Antminer. Please go to the Options dialog, Advanced section, and increase the "Miner API connection timeout" to 10 seconds for example. This will however not solve the main problem, only make it show up less frequent. You can try this if you want, but my main suggestion is still about the mining pool.

yes, Kano.is, Slushpool, BTC.com pool, ViaBTC pool also tried several other SHA-256 pools that are not bitcoin pools. I get it no matter what the pool is.  I understand what you mean but it does not solve my issue - I need to be able to remotely see what each miner is doing without having the need to reboot them. Before I just had the Antminer screens open - one browser window per miner (so you can imagine a lot of windows) and each window set to a 15 second refresh and this worked fine except for the need to switch between so many windows.

I will try the miner API Connection timeout - I think you suggested that once before and it might have worked - I do not recall but maybe one of the updates reset it back? and I just need to go in and change it again.

I will play with the settings this weekend and let you know.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Pages: « 1 ... 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 [460] 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: