Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:59:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700846 times)
darkneorus

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 05:54:42 AM

@patrike besides that I would suggest adding core voltage lock to NVIDIA clocking profiles. that should be easy to implement, with just one NvAPI call.

also I've found a bug with native OC on mixed AMD/NVIDIA rigs - in my case, when applying the profiles for AMD GPUs, some of them like fan speed, fan mode and power limit are applied to NVIDIAs as well.
Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm actually not familiar with this NVAPI call related to core voltage lock. Do you have any more information about this feature?

If you have a Clocking Profile that contains properties supported by both AMD and nVidia (fan speed and a few more), they will be applied to all GPU's that support these properties. A profile is not specific for AMD or nVidia, it's just a number of GPU properties to be set. You may need to define Group Clocking Profiles on mixed systems, where you define that one Clocking Profile should be applied to the AMD cards and another one to the nVidia cards.
sorry for the late reply.
here's a great implementation of core voltage lock on NVIDIA GPUs  -
https://github.com/Demion/nvapioc/blob/master/Source/main.cpp
you can use NvApiSetVoltageLock function as the reference. 10xx and never cards are supported Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonhn772

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 06:22:53 AM

my antivirus keeps on blocking the miners...never had any problems with any miners except those downloaded by your program....
I can't understand mate what you are saying. Is his given application is cause of virus?
So it’s better to not download from his link?

▄ ▄▄  We reinvented the way privacy and anonimity should look like  ▄▄ ▄
▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄           PRIVIX.io           ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄
darkneorus

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 06:26:33 AM

also, it would be great, if we could compare current miner profit/revenue estimate with its past values (1..10 minutes ago) and use the comparison result as the rule trigger.

what I'm trying to accomplish is a rule, that could force the profit switching for a miner in a case, when current profit estimate becomes significantly lower.
some algos have big profitability spikes that don't last too long, in this case the rule could force the miner to check current profit switching list again. now a miner could waste its hashpower and mine an unprofitable coin for a long time, if you are using a big profit switching interval or/and a big "minimum time to stay on a pool" value, and the "Current estimate" is selected as the profitability stats source.

or, if there's a way to force the profit switching without additional rules - I will be glad if you could help me to figure it out.

thank you Smiley
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 07:59:22 AM

Please fix this calculation in Balance for LTC i have 21 LTC that correspond to 121 584 USD , i wish to be true, but it`s not yet.
Edit: It's correct on CoinCalculators and WhatToMine, but way too high on CoinToMine. If CoinToMine is your first priority in the Options dialog, Statistics Provider section you may see this issue.

I mean in Coin(wallet balance) mate, when i enter my wallet address. Otherwise CoinToMine is 3rd in priority, after CoinCalculator  and WhatToMine.
Actually, it wasn't correct when using CoinCalculators.io either. Can you put WhatToMine first? I will take a closer look why both these report it wrong.

I think another workaround here is to set a Minimium Exchange Volume in the Options dialog Statistics provider. Even with a value as low as 0.01 BTC should get rid of exchanges reporting unrealistic numbers on very low trade volume.

For the wallet balance where the LTC value is expressed in USD, it uses statistics from one of these three sources.

Actually WhatToMine on 1st place did the job. Thanks, what is your recomend order for Statistic Providers and what difficulty is more precise for us?
In general I would recommend to use Current difficulty and also to use at least some value for the minimum exchange volume.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 08:00:52 AM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/udd9r53npzgcbu7/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202019-04-09%20a%20las%2021.27.52.png?dl=0

I have a problem that I do not know how to fix. Please see the image

The rig 4 you can see in the capture, down in GPU says that I have 1050, 1050, 1060 And that was before, some time ago.

In the MAP GPU box if you see correctly 5x1070 1x1080ti, that is correct. But even if I map the cards, I still see 1050, 1050, 1060 etc ... And above all I have problems with the automatic speed, as it assumes other GPUs because it uses a different speed, usually a low speed, with which the GPU heats me. I had to force 80% GPUs in that profile.

How can I make AM recognize my real cards in GPU with their real names and real characteristics? As much as I remove the Mapping mark and then map again, the old cards keep appearing.

It would also be interesting that if an api gives a failure (it can not read the api) it appears in notifications, thus I will not be hours undermining the same difficulty without knowing that something fails.
Can you please send me the API Report for this specific miner? You can send via PM. Thanks!

where I get the Api report, I have looked and I do not see anything to have it. Please tell me how I do it

Sorry, I found it, I sent it to MP. Let's see if we can see what happens. Because to me the problem that it gives me is that it does not do a good control of the automatic fan and it is 80 degrees and 60% fan. I have to put profiles with the FAN fixed at 70 or 80% but I like more the performance of the car, but this confusion of cards must be.
Thanks for the report. I can see that you have set your own names of these GPU's, and that's why the names from Awesome Miner doesn't show up in the list.

Please select each of the GPU's in the GPU tab and click the "Set name" button. If you remove your custom names here you will see that Awesome Miner will display the default names instead.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 08:02:50 AM

Hi Patrike,

we have many times the problem, that some miners (especially Antminer L3+) get the Status (in Red) Disconnected - API Access Denied
if we send the command: Reboot (via SSH), the miner is working fine again (after a reboot)

so we would like to make a rule for that event - but unfortunatly i don't find any trigger for this event?! there is the Trigger Offline detection... but no one for this specific event?! is there another option??

BR Ralf
Hi Ralf,

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately it can happen sometimes that Antminers stop responding to monitoring request requests. In some cases the Antminers are more sensitive to this problem when mining on specific pools, but in other cases it's more difficult to find an exact reason.

The predefined rule "Offline Detection" should be able to detect this scenario. By default it will only give a notification (only once, until you acknowledge the notification), but you can also add actions to perform a reboot or similar. Can you please try check if this rule detects the issue in your cae?

Hi Patrike,

thank you for your suggestion - actually the state Disconnected - API Access Denied is different to only Disconnected... but i will try with a rule, that execute only every 40 minutes for this problem.
allthough it would be helpfull, if one could choose the 2 different states in the rule-triggers...

BR Ralf
Thanks for the feedback Ralf. If needed, the Offline Detection could probably be improved to separate these cases if needed. Please let me know your feedback once you tested it a bit. Thanks!

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 08:28:59 AM

@patrike besides that I would suggest adding core voltage lock to NVIDIA clocking profiles. that should be easy to implement, with just one NvAPI call.

also I've found a bug with native OC on mixed AMD/NVIDIA rigs - in my case, when applying the profiles for AMD GPUs, some of them like fan speed, fan mode and power limit are applied to NVIDIAs as well.
Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm actually not familiar with this NVAPI call related to core voltage lock. Do you have any more information about this feature?

If you have a Clocking Profile that contains properties supported by both AMD and nVidia (fan speed and a few more), they will be applied to all GPU's that support these properties. A profile is not specific for AMD or nVidia, it's just a number of GPU properties to be set. You may need to define Group Clocking Profiles on mixed systems, where you define that one Clocking Profile should be applied to the AMD cards and another one to the nVidia cards.
sorry for the late reply.
here's a great implementation of core voltage lock on NVIDIA GPUs  -
https://github.com/Demion/nvapioc/blob/master/Source/main.cpp
you can use NvApiSetVoltageLock function as the reference. 10xx and never cards are supported Smiley
Thanks for letting me know. I actually found similar information via another source as well. Awesome Miner do already have one way of setting voltage for nVidia, but it's not supported by all nVidia GPU's so this will be a good addition.

It should be fully possible to implement something like this so you can expect this to be available later on.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 08:35:55 AM

my antivirus keeps on blocking the miners...never had any problems with any miners except those downloaded by your program....
I can't understand mate what you are saying. Is his given application is cause of virus?
So it’s better to not download from his link?
The post you quoted is almost 5 years old. It's referring to mining software (CcMiner, Claymore Miner, ...) that often requires a configuration of Anti-virus software to not be considered threat - resulting in that it's being removed after Awesome Miner downloaded them.

Since the last ~2 years Awesome Miner automatically configures exclusions for Windows Defender and since then it's less common to run into these problems.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 08:38:58 AM

also, it would be great, if we could compare current miner profit/revenue estimate with its past values (1..10 minutes ago) and use the comparison result as the rule trigger.

what I'm trying to accomplish is a rule, that could force the profit switching for a miner in a case, when current profit estimate becomes significantly lower.
some algos have big profitability spikes that don't last too long, in this case the rule could force the miner to check current profit switching list again. now a miner could waste its hashpower and mine an unprofitable coin for a long time, if you are using a big profit switching interval or/and a big "minimum time to stay on a pool" value, and the "Current estimate" is selected as the profitability stats source.

or, if there's a way to force the profit switching without additional rules - I will be glad if you could help me to figure it out.

thank you Smiley
Thanks for the suggestion.

You do have a rule action called "Run profit switching", but there are not really any triggers like those you request. The current Revenue/Profit trigger can only compare with a static value.

It's possible to manually trigger the profit switching to run for the selected miners. You can create a rule and enable "Support manual activation via the toolbar". You can then add the action called "Run profit switching". Not a nice automatic solution, but in case you ever need to force it manually.

trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 11:59:05 AM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/udd9r53npzgcbu7/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202019-04-09%20a%20las%2021.27.52.png?dl=0

The rig 4 you can see in the capture, down in GPU says that I have 1050, 1050, 1060 And that was before, some time ago.

In the MAP GPU box if you see correctly 5x1070 1x1080ti, that is correct. But even if I map the cards, I still see 1050, 1050, 1060 etc ... And above all I have problems with the automatic speed, as it assumes other GPUs because it uses a different speed, usually a low speed, with which the GPU heats me. I had to force 80% GPUs in that profile.

How can I make AM recognize my real cards in GPU with their real names and real characteristics? As much as I remove the Mapping mark and then map again, the old cards keep appearing.

It would also be interesting that if an api gives a failure (it can not read the api) it appears in notifications, thus I will not be hours undermining the same difficulty without knowing that something fails.
Can you please send me the API Report for this specific miner? You can send via PM. Thanks!

where I get the Api report, I have looked and I do not see anything to have it. Please tell me how I do it

Sorry, I found it, I sent it to MP. Let's see if we can see what happens. Because to me the problem that it gives me is that it does not do a good control of the automatic fan and it is 80 degrees and 60% fan. I have to put profiles with the FAN fixed at 70 or 80% but I like more the performance of the car, but this confusion of cards must be.
Thanks for the report. I can see that you have set your own names of these GPU's, and that's why the names from Awesome Miner doesn't show up in the list.

Please select each of the GPU's in the GPU tab and click the "Set name" button. If you remove your custom names here you will see that Awesome Miner will display the default names instead.

Well, what a silly problem, I have corrected it, but this poses another problem.

Because using an OC profile with automatic FAN, some cards reach 80 degrees and do not exceed 60% of FAN? it is assumed that at that temperature in automatic, the fan should go much faster than 60%.

We know that in Aftherburner you can create a speed line based on temperature and it would go automatically. Here it does not exist, but there could be a slider button or a number from 1 to 10, where the FANS were more aggressive, that means they go faster than revolutions at a lower temperature, or higher. Being 10 very aggressive and 1 very soft. Or something similar. Because although native OC works very well, its big problem is the automatic control of the fans.

As I say I see more than one card at 80 degrees and the fan at 60%. This happens to me in several cards of different rigs, it is as if some mark of Nvidia is not controlled well. In the capture you can see one at 80 degrees and 60%, but you will see others that have more speed and less temperature. I really do not know how to correct that, unless I use fixed fan speeds
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 01:20:09 PM

Use rules, fixed fans and 2 or more profiles. If the temperature reach 70°C for example make a rule to change to another profile with faster fixed fans. I think it is the easiest way. And in my opinion, if you mining, never use automatic fan control.
JimBrown462

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 01:28:29 PM

Hi Patrike,

Got some weirdness with MiniZ miner... See pic. Any ideas?

Thanks,
...jim

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Askmi-GpbnHlissLuiCexHRhdytuGw

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 02:15:50 PM

Well, what a silly problem, I have corrected it, but this poses another problem.

Because using an OC profile with automatic FAN, some cards reach 80 degrees and do not exceed 60% of FAN? it is assumed that at that temperature in automatic, the fan should go much faster than 60%.

We know that in Aftherburner you can create a speed line based on temperature and it would go automatically. Here it does not exist, but there could be a slider button or a number from 1 to 10, where the FANS were more aggressive, that means they go faster than revolutions at a lower temperature, or higher. Being 10 very aggressive and 1 very soft. Or something similar. Because although native OC works very well, its big problem is the automatic control of the fans.

As I say I see more than one card at 80 degrees and the fan at 60%. This happens to me in several cards of different rigs, it is as if some mark of Nvidia is not controlled well. In the capture you can see one at 80 degrees and 60%, but you will see others that have more speed and less temperature. I really do not know how to correct that, unless I use fixed fan speeds
Is this the same fan speed behavior explained by @darkneorus here?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.msg50287336#msg50287336

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2019, 02:17:49 PM

Hi Patrike,

Thanks,
...jim
It's the mining uptime reported over the MiniZ API that sometimes give very high numbers. I run into the same issue yesterday.
What I will do for the next release is to use the mining uptime calculated by Awesome Miner instead.

ruplikminer

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 03:17:04 PM

Is there a way to add custom coins? I remember there was a script maybe?
Kasperiko

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 03:28:54 PM

thank you Smiley
Thanks for the suggestion.

You do have a rule action called "Run profit switching", but there are not really any triggers like those you request. The current Revenue/Profit trigger can only compare with a static value.

It's possible to manually trigger the profit switching to run for the selected miners. You can create a rule and enable "Support manual activation via the toolbar". You can then add the action called "Run profit switching". Not a nice automatic solution, but in case you ever need to force it manually.

The best is probably to choose 3-4 mining options and switch between them manually. Or example, at night in China, one project is more profitable, and in the afternoon, another. This market is changing very quickly, and automation can fail or be hacked. For large or medium players in this market this is relevant.
GoRdiE

Activity: 162
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 04:40:05 PM

Hi Patrike,

Thanks,
...jim
It's the mining uptime reported over the MiniZ API that sometimes give very high numbers. I run into the same issue yesterday.
What I will do for the next release is to use the mining uptime calculated by Awesome Miner instead.

hi, you must set --peers auto. See image

https://i.imgur.com/u3qR1ta.jpg
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 09:44:10 PM

Is there a way to add custom coins? I remember there was a script maybe?

See the recent dev releases, currently you can already add dynamic updates to difficulty, block reward and soon after next major release addition of nethash, block time + specifying calculation method will follow suit. so soon you can do this all in AM.
trucobit

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 11:51:49 PM

Use rules, fixed fans and 2 or more profiles. If the temperature reach 70°C for example make a rule to change to another profile with faster fixed fans. I think it is the easiest way. And in my opinion, if you mining, never use automatic fan control.

It is not feasible to do so, power can be, but it is not appropriate. I have 6 rigs, and I use about 20 Algos. I have established about 100 OC profiles.

What you are saying is that you make another 100 OC profiles with a fixed fan speed. I'm sorry but that's Chinese work.

There must be simpler options than what is proposed, which for an RIG may be worth and even so, there would be several profiles, at least 2 for each SOMETHING.
trucobit

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 12:17:32 AM

@Patrike, in the rules, you can know the temperature of the cards and put a rule. But I do not see that it works. The rule can detect the temperature, 80 degrees in my case, and I indicate that the fan works fixed at 80%, but it does not. It seems to me that this one more thought for asic, surely it would have to restart miner in GPU, but to do it also it lowers the temperature and the rule does not shoot.

There some way to do what I indicate, and to apply a fixed speed to all the cards of the rig, without having to restart miner ?, would be an ideal solution for this situation, and summer is near.
Pages: « 1 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: