Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:57:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679269 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:17:56 PM

Congratulations jaybeeuk! The first contestant. Very good indeed.

David, maybe you can just set the rules for participants to the time/day they entered. Not really a good way to select candidates, however, most people know of this now so they can get in line behind those candidates that have already applied. Or will the pool of candidates "stake" and have a "candidate weight"? LOL. Kinda funny if you did it this way....might add a little fun to the mix. Just a suggestion as either way will get the job done and it is a very good plan!

LOL at the Staking Queue for a HyperLoan !

When i see something great it just clicks on my head. And this did. Presstab, David, please take this idea into consideration.
HYP community will be the only one in cryptoland that welcomes interested newcomers or members alike in a queued wheel of wellness!
Of course some rules should apply, non-BTCT newbies or negative feedback accepted, etc, but this can be potentially great!
Even the system could be self-sustainable. Example. David said he will commit 16K to this, 4 batches of 4K if i understood well.

We can do:
1st batch-1st in line
2nd batch-2nd in line
3rd batch-3rd in line
4th batch-Own staking to "HyperLoan Fund": it gives about 2500 extra HYP
5th Batch- 4th in line (funded with the 1st in line HYP back)
6th Batch- 5th in line (funded with the 2nd in line HYP back)
7th Batch - 6th in line (funded with the 3nd in line HYP back)
8th Batch - Hyperloan Fund - the 6500 HYP stakes up to about 10,500 HYP (according to WebMath.com haha)
9th Batch - 7th in line, with funds from 4th...
10th Batch - 8th in line with funds from 5th..
11th Batch - 9th in line with funds form 6th...
12th Batch - 10th in line with Funds from Hyperloan! 2500 are back to original donors of the experiment, and 4000 stake again to create 2500 more!

And so on... In three months, the Hyperloan is starting to return the original donor funds, while mantaining a nice surplus to cover any possible fraud from any of those first 12 candidates. This rotation can be endless!

This is just some idea... Discuss?

This space is for lease, apparently.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
forbesmining

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:22:11 PM

Just received my first 1000.0 stake  Tongue

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 11:17:33 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2014, 08:50:26 PM by David Latapie

HyperLoan round 2
What is HyperLoan?HyperLoan logs

How to increase your chances:
  • Every week, you get a +1
  • Contributions give you an edge. This is subjective, you could win above a +10 with an excellent contribution
  • Being recognized as active or worthy by the community
  • Other?

How to decrease your chances:
  • Having less than 100 posts at the time registering will get a -1

Candidates:
Nomination happens every Monday. If paulsonnumismatics' idea  (making HyperLoan Fund stake) works out, there could be more than one candidate a week. That way, we could have even more participants. Of maybe even before that if the community wallet receive more fund (direct or with S4C).

I would like to avoid FIFO nomination (first arrived, first served) because it is unfair and doesn't reflect the involvement - jaybeeuk was chosen on his introduction - I liked this "per aspera ad astra" story of him.

What you, as a nominee (not just a candidate) will have to do:

1. Create a dedicated address in your wallet and post it on the forum, so that anyone can track the progress. If you don't know how to do so, just ask on the forum Smiley
2 Once you have received the 4K HYP, you will start posting on HyperLoan logs about your feedback. It can be just one posts several posts tracking your increasing understanding of HyperStake, questions... and of course, everyone can post there too.
3. At the end of the 30 days, you will send the principal (4k) back to the originating address  pHypLoanFPWT6awN1TYRQ4v3wD3yY1n8KT (courtesy of iDunk).

Happy loaning, happy stacking!

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Butoeskor

Activity: 388

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:27:59 PM

HyperLoan round 2 candidates so far (+x is the number or unsuccessful round - the more you have, the higher your chances) :
Nomination happens every Monday. If paulsonnumismatics' idea  (making HyperLoan Fund stake) works out, there could be more than one candidate a week. That way, we could have even more participants. Of maybe even before that if the community wallet receive more fund (direct or with S4C).

I would like to avoid FIFO nomination (first arrived, first served) because it is unfair and doesn't reflect the involvement - jaybeeuk was chosen on his introduction - I liked this "per aspera ad astra" story of him.

I would like to sign up for the 2º round hyperloan, see if I'm lucky. Thanks
freedomsr40

Activity: 471
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:34:55 PM

what can increase our odds of winning just activity and posts?
coinmaster222

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:36:00 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2014, 12:09:24 AM by coinmaster222

Didn't they say it was random?

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 11:43:22 PM

I'm glad you asked, because I want the community to choose in the future, not me.

First, you should have a minimum of 100 posts. This is not mandatory and is meant to deter sockpuppets. If you prove your involvement, even by only being on IRC, you could get nominated.

Second, try to give an good idea that benefit either HyperLoan alone or the whole of HyperStake (the coin, the community, or both). paulsonnumismatics's idea significantly increased his chances to be the next nominee and kawa900jc's idea too.

There are probably other complementary directions, though.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
HYPster

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:59:39 PM

I'm glad you asked, because I want the community to choose in the future, not me.

First, you should have a minimum of 100 posts. This is not mandatory and is meant to deter sockpuppets. If you prove your involvement, even by only being on IRC, you could get nominated.

Second, try to give an good idea that benefit either HyperLoan alone or the whole of HyperStake (the coin, the community, or both). paulsonnumismatics's idea significantly increased his chances to be the next nominee and kawa900jc's idea too.

OK, here is an idea for those who get the HYPerloan. They have to set S4C to 10% to either the Bounty Wallet or make a new wallet for HYPerloans only to come out of. Once a month or two has passed then the HYPerloan wallet should be self sufficient and thus no other inputs needed. And once it is big enough then it can stake on its own and can thus give out even more HYPerloans. Kind of what paulsonnumismatics was saying just use S4C to achieve it.

I mean you have to pay interest on any other loan, right? So why not this one too which in turn benefits future HYPerloaners.

Making HYP and helping others at the same time. Sounds very good to me.
Cor2

Activity: 595

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:26:01 AM

I found an error in the cryptocoinexplorer for Hyp.
For a while I had the idea that my balance was off, comparing the online cryptocoinexplorer reporting
with my wallet balance. So, today I went ahead and dug through all the entries in my wallet and
suddenly I saw the difference: One on my staked amounts was identical to the difference.
So, I went to the different explorers and indeed, the cryptocoinexplorer appeared to have stored an orphan block,
because it is different from the entries in the two other HYP explorers. That also explains the lower balance on
cryptocoinexplorer than my wallet shows. You can see the orphan block here: http://hyp.cryptocoinexplorer.com/block?block=117548
I have no idea if that is the only orphan or that the cryptocoinexplorer's block chain has more.
You can find them if you notice a difference in balance, then search your transaction list for that value, then find the
block number of that transaction and verify if you see your transaction in the explorer on that block nr or not.

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 12:40:27 AM

I have implemented paulsonnumismatics's idea

Now, block 1, 2 et 3 will stake. Block 1 won't have time to stake before being sent to someone else. But block 2 and 3 could very well stake.

It will be difficult to keep track of the stake after a while, since the break the original block, but I'm sure we will find a way.

Butoeskor

Activity: 388

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:47:37 AM

My address: pD3ME8QQTYTB2eFDzYSxUtJ5FB3jjzaSTE
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:51:58 AM

I found an error in the cryptocoinexplorer for Hyp.
For a while I had the idea that my balance was off, comparing the online cryptocoinexplorer reporting
with my wallet balance. So, today I went ahead and dug through all the entries in my wallet and
suddenly I saw the difference: One on my staked amounts was identical to the difference.
So, I went to the different explorers and indeed, the cryptocoinexplorer appeared to have stored an orphan block,
because it is different from the entries in the two other HYP explorers. That also explains the lower balance on
cryptocoinexplorer than my wallet shows. You can see the orphan block here: http://hyp.cryptocoinexplorer.com/block?block=117548
I have no idea if that is the only orphan or that the cryptocoinexplorer's block chain has more.
You can find them if you notice a difference in balance, then search your transaction list for that value, then find the
block number of that transaction and verify if you see your transaction in the explorer on that block nr or not.

I have reported this to CCE.  I am guessing the block got put into the database right away, so when it reorganized to the correct chain it did not overwrite the existing block.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 01:14:30 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2014, 01:32:20 AM by David Latapie

OK, here is an idea for those who get the HYPerloan. They have to set S4C to 10% to either the Bounty Wallet or make a new wallet for HYPerloans only to come out of. Once a month or two has passed then the HYPerloan wallet should be self sufficient and thus no other inputs needed. And once it is big enough then it can stake on its own and can thus give out even more HYPerloans. Kind of what paulsonnumismatics was saying just use S4C to achieve it.

I mean you have to pay interest on any other loan, right? So why not this one too which in turn benefits future HYPerloaners.

Making HYP and helping others at the same time. Sounds very good to me.
I like the idea (although this is still a 0% loan, only the profits are reduced). I you are increasing your chances to get a future loan Smiley

I will ask jaybeeuk to implement it in his wallet (the "S4C to HyperLoan Fund" is easier to implement than the other method, I think). The limitation is on how to verify this is actually being done - I think I will use the filters in the wallet for this.

Update: can't work with present code. I'll ask presstab if it would be difficult to add a code for "only from a given address", so that you do not send to HyperLoan Fund your stake from other addresses than HyperLoan. I think that should be a trigger and I added it as an example use on HyperStake Wikia - Triggers (look for "HyperLoan autofunding").
It looks like an edge case at first, but the you realise that it starts to render the use of a multi-wallet (HBN) less useful. Considering the heavy memory and CPU footprint of multi-wallet, this is quite interesting.

You don't lose the benefit of your contribution, HYPster Smiley

freedomsr40

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:14:29 AM

ive got a few ideas in mind i just want to run them through my mind a bit more before i post them...ill just say this...for now...ive been in crypto only a few months (since juneish) and this is BY FAR, the best coin/idea ive EVER seen...thank you guys for all you do ill be posting soon with a few ideas, thanks!

just one quick questions, are you wanting ideas JUST for HYP loan? or for HYP in general?
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:18:38 AM

I just started staking my first block.  When hovering over what I guess is the staking icon in the lower right corner it displays my weight but that number doesn't coincide with the weight displayed in Coin Control but instead is actually the number of coins in the block I am staking.  My second block should begin staking very soon.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:40:05 AM

I just started staking my first block.  When hovering over what I guess is the staking icon in the lower right corner it displays my weight but that number doesn't coincide with the weight displayed in Coin Control but instead is actually the number of coins in the block I am staking.  My second block should begin staking very soon.

Yep, this is intentional. It defaults to the weight it would be at for one day, and then grows from there. Else it would say something stupid like 999999 days.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
freedomsr40

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:44:00 AM

Yep, this is intentional. It defaults to the weight it would be at for one day, and then grows from there. Else it would say something stupid like 999999 days.

mine said like 99,000 days...funny because it staked in about 10
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:55:19 AM

ive got a few ideas in mind i just want to run them through my mind a bit more before i post them...ill just say this...for now...ive been in crypto only a few months (since juneish) and this is BY FAR, the best coin/idea ive EVER seen...thank you guys for all you do ill be posting soon with a few ideas, thanks!

just one quick questions, are you wanting ideas JUST for HYP loan? or for HYP in general?
This lot? We want it all Cheesy

Seriously, a lot of ideas have been bandied around HYP since its launch, and a bunch have happened. This community is a brain incubator. Throw it in the pot, see what happens. The guys here are good at giving credit where it's due too.
crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2448
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 04:56:23 AM

HyperLoan round 2
What is HyperLoan?HyperLoan logs

How to increase your chances:
  • Every week, you get a +1
  • Contributions give you an edge. This is subjective, you could win above a +10 with an excellent contribution
  • Being recognized as active or worthy by the community
  • Other?

How to decrease your chances:
  • Having less than 100 posts at the time registering will get a -1

Candidates:
[/list]
Nomination happens every Monday. If paulsonnumismatics' ...
1. Create a dedicated address in your wallet and post it on the forum, so that anyone can track the progress. If you don't know how to do so, just ask on the forum Smiley
2 Once you have received the 4K HYP, you will start posting on [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=835772]HyperLoan logs
about your feedback. It can be just one posts several posts tracking your increasing understanding of HyperStake, questions... and of course, everyone can post there too.
3. At the end of the 30 days, you will send the principal (4k) back to the originating address pNzkDjKNpfYsYhYZF6zL1F5UAx7KQqS48N

Happy loaning, happy stacking!
Nice initiative!
My questing: How create a dedicated address in my wallet?
The only doubt about that is I have to backup then the wallet more often.
Now my wallet can run on two PC's
Question: With the dedicated address is that sill possible?
Thanks.

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
Cor2

Activity: 595

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:23:34 AM

My questing: How create a dedicated address in my wallet?
The only doubt about that is I have to backup then the wallet more often.
Now my wallet can run on two PC's
Question: With the dedicated address is that sill possible?
Thanks.
In the wallet, go to the receive tab and click "Create new address" in the bottom. You can give it a label as well, for example "Hyperloan"
This is just one new address and backup frequency should not be affected since there are 100 spare addresses in a wallet.
Of course it is best to backup the wallet after creating the new address, but since it is a one-time action and you are not creating new addresses constantly, the frequency of backup is unchanged.
You can then copy the wallet to another PC and run it on there as well. I have wallets that have more than 10 addresses.
Hope this clarifies.

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: