Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:20:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
locohammerhead

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:54:11 AM

[ANN] New HyperStake Initiative! 

We are looking for dedicated individuals who have some free time to dedicate to a new initiative to expand HyperStakes usability. This will include PR and much more behind the scenes. 

Requirements:

Holdings in HyperStake
Active member of the community
Time available to dedicate to expanding HYP

Team members needed

Coder
2 more PR/Marketing

If you are interested please either PM me with what position you are interested in and your qualifications.

A Non Disclosure Agreement may be required if position is accepted due to the nature of the information to be disclosed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:16:43 AM

you could always post on cryptocointalk... last I heard they were not a bunch of shit heads.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
4x13
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:23:23 AM

New Mac Wallet works great for me, 11 connections
Serby

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 07:50:02 AM

you could always post on cryptocointalk... last I heard they were not a bunch of shit heads.

Very well said.
cycoinminer

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 01:14:34 PM

Hi,
Question.
What is wrong with the wallet?

I have no selections in coincontroll but there is a hidden selection.
The amount of the selection in coincontroll is now not correct.
How can I resolve this?

Have you looked under the Tree Mode, to see if anything is selected in there?
I once found that problem too late, and moved a load of blocks by accident, having unwittingly ticked them in Tree Mode.
billotronic
Legendary

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 01:16:59 PM

Or just click Clear Selection?

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Trololoh

Activity: 461

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:05:35 PM

Very well said.
+1
Might be even better if we talk about exposing HYP.
I guess that the person who decided to delete is anti POS, paid by the POW lobby, or has a very small penis.
 Grin
vegasguy
Legendary

Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:06:33 PM

This has happend to me. Its not a big deal. I had to delete everything in roaming except wallet.dat and resync.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:12:10 PM

This has happend to me. Its not a big deal. I had to delete everything in roaming except wallet.dat and resync.

Vegas

Yes, I have noticed this a few times, but very inconsistent so I didn't report as a bug due to that fact. I have always just closed the wallet and reopened and everything was fine again.
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 03:39:52 PM

Hi,
Question.
What is wrong with the wallet?

I have no selections in coincontroll but there is a hidden selection.
The amount of the selection in coincontroll is now not correct.
How can I resolve this?

Have you looked under the Tree Mode, to see if anything is selected in there?
I once found that problem too late, and moved a load of blocks by accident, having unwittingly ticked them in Tree Mode.

Should fix it by simply restarting the wallet. I'll look into this bug. I think that coin control dialog isn't using coinControl->UnSelectAll() and for some reason the default is to search through the dialog's list and unselect every checked checkbox. I can fix this Smiley

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:19:38 PM

[ANN] New HyperStake Initiative!  

We are looking for dedicated individuals who have some free time to dedicate to a new initiative to expand HyperStakes usability. This will include PR and much more behind the scenes.  

Requirements:

Holdings in HyperStake
Active member of the community
Time available to dedicate to expanding HYP

Team members needed

Coder
2 more PR/Marketing

If you are interested please either PM me with what position you are interested in and your qualifications.

A Non Disclosure Agreement may be required if position is accepted due to the nature of the information to be disclosed.

Just posted on my website a nice article about HYP to try to get the word out. I stole some graphics from  the op, hopefully Presstab wont mind : http://bitcoinlasvegas.net/hyperstake-hyp-750-annual-interest/

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
HappyHogan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 05:56:12 PM

This coin has 750% annual interest??? That does not bode well for price stability. What's the idea here?
mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:04:15 PM

This coin has 750% annual interest??? That does not bode well for price stability. What's the idea here?

First welcome to HyperStake. Please read the OP as it will give you every insight into HyperStake. And to answer your question, the idea here is an experiment in coin economics. A fun experiment that has become much, much more. Please join the HyperStake community as it is a great one!

Please join us here: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=##hyperstake

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:10:25 PM

HYP is a very complex coin. As a full member im suprised your just hearing about it now. It has inflation control mechanisms so that inflation does not get out of control. As more coins are being minted the pos difficulty rises to slow inflation. Larger coin blocks are required to stake in the least time possible. Because larger coin blocks are required to stake in the least amount of time, this raises the demand and thus raises the price. Still keeping the 750% annual true. This is the short version. Youll find thousands of satisfied investors here, and the best devs in cryptoland. Youll find it VERY hard to find someone who actually holds Hyperstake that is disappointed. Read the thread, youll see.

Damn, I actually did a good job of explaining that well. hmm.. @presstab you have my permission to post this to the op. It might be an easy way for people to understand.

Vegas

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 06:17:59 PM

Just posted on my website a nice article about HYP to try to get the word out. I stole some graphics from  the op, hopefully Presstab wont mind : http://bitcoinlasvegas.net/hyperstake-hyp-750-annual-interest/
I like how your article on HyperStake is the most laudative of all the 5 coins you presented Smiley

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:37:15 PM

Its the truth. Simple as that. The fact im in the top 30 on the rich list does NOT make me biased  Tongue

Vegas

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 07:11:26 PM

HYP is a very complex coin. As a full member im suprised your just hearing about it now. It has inflation control mechanisms so that inflation does not get out of control. As more coins are being minted the pos difficulty rises to slow inflation. Larger coin blocks are required to stake in the least time possible. Because larger coin blocks are required to stake in the least amount of time, this raises the demand and thus raises the price. Still keeping the 750% annual true. This is the short version. Youll find thousands of satisfied investors here, and the best devs in cryptoland. Youll find it VERY hard to find someone who actually holds Hyperstake that is disappointed. Read the thread, youll see.

Damn, I actually did a good job of explaining that well. hmm.. @presstab you have my permission to post this to the op. It might be an easy way for people to understand.

Vegas

What you are describing is closer to NVCS ("As more coins are being minted the pos difficulty rises to slow inflation"), although NVCS doesn't care about blocksize at all.

HyperStake works differently.

HyperStake gets away with the usual inflation control mechanism found in all pre-HYP high-PoS coin, a mechanism called NVCS (NoVaCoin Stake, after the coin which created it). Instead, it use two inflation control mechanisms: max subsidy (no more than 1000 HYP of reward per block, whatever the blocksize) and max generation (maximum of 960K HYP per day, whatever the amount of HYP staking).

The most dramatic inflation control is max generation but it had not kicked in yet (and the wiki page on max generation has a quote by Presstab on why it might not kick in for quite some time). max subsidy also controls inflation, mostly by lowering compounded interest (since it takes more time for you to get your reward), but it is mostly good for ensuring security of the network. The rest of my post will deal with max subsidy and so not that much with inflation control.

What is this "security of the network" thing? To understand it and why it matters, a bit of background in necessary here.
Contrary to proof-of-work, where the security of the network comes from miners using electricity to solve complex algorithms (like SHA256 for bitcoin, scrypt for Litecoin, X11 for Truckoin, the mother coin of HyperStake...), proof-of-stake only simulates these calculations. It requires much less electricity and can be done on a regular computer, which is much better for the planet (one of the main selling point of Peercoin, the first proof-of-stake) and is also better for fighting "mining centralisation" (where basically miners are more and more professionals and less and less ordinary citizens - the opposite of the dream of Satoshi in 2009).
Both PoW and PoS are meant to ensure the security of the network. A common misconception is that mining (and its PoS equivalent, staking) is meant to give you more money. This is not the case and the confusion is understandable, since the real-world mining (mining ore like gold and silver) is really meant for just for that - moar munnies. Instead, the real goal of PoW and PoS is to secure the network, to be sure that the network is reliable and can be trusted. The reward (block) is really only an economical incentive to encourage people to secure the network. Once again: goal is security; reward is just an incentive. When you mine a bitcoin (or stake a hyperstake), this is only the network telling you "thank you for securing me". That's all. Satoshi solved the Byzantine Generals problem by introducing an economic incentive to cryptography.
In cryptocurrency, security comes from... greed.

So, now, you shall have understood the network security. So, how does it relates to max subsidy?
The HyperStake network is as secure as its number of blocks. At the very beginning of HyperStake, in June, the network was so insecure that Presstab even considered hard forking for a shorter minimal generation - for 8.73 days, the network was pretty much insecure, because only stacking blocks secure the network, not all blocks.
The bigger the block, the faster you stake (minimum is 8.73 days, whatever the size of the block, though). So, the best strategy should be to have one huge block, to leave the wallet closed for a bit more than one week, to open it, to have the massive block stake in minutes, and to shut the wallet down again - or even worse, to merge the new coin with the oldest one (to have an even faster staking block) before shutting it down.
But there would be a problem here. Each address would have only one block. That means the network as a whole would have almost no block at all (remember, the size of the block doesn't matter, only the number of them does). The network would be bloody insecure (even less than in June 2014, at inception). Particularly considering that, contrary to hybrid PoW/PoS, there is no PoW to protect the network (but a much better carbon footprint than a PoW/PoS).
The is were max subsidy comes into play. Remember what I said on the aparté about network security: security comes from greed or, to put it in a more neutral way, security is achieved through an economic incentive.
max subsidy states that, whatever the size of your block, you won't get more than 1000 HYP as a reward. Suddenly, the best strategy is not anymore to have One Big Block™, but the opposite: to have blocks that won't "waste" potential. If your block is so large that, by the time of reward, it should have given you 1200 HYP, then you potentially lost 200 HYP. But if you instead split your block into two smaller blocks of half the size, then you get two times 600 HYP (which is below 1000 HYP per block). So you get your 1200 HYP.
The beauty of max subsidy is that it offers a win-win situation, for both the network (more block = more security) and for the user (more HYP).

Other coins, like BottleCaps and soon HoboNickels, use max subsidy. But as far as we know, HyperStake is the only coin to use max generation. HyperStake from the start is meant to be an experiment in economics and you can be sure we are very serious about experimenting. And this is far from the only experimentation we are running now - without even considering that HyperStake has the most advanced coin control wallet to date, read Endowment and HyperPool for instance.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
HappyHogan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 07:43:54 PM

Vegas

I had actually checked out the thread before, but never realized this. So I read the OP and am not sure I fully understand. The money supply increases 750% per year? I can't really see how inflation is controlled in that case.
Serby

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 07:55:06 PM

Vegas

I had actually checked out the thread before, but never realized this. So I read the OP and am not sure I fully understand. The money supply increases 750% per year? I can't really see how inflation is controlled in that case.

To make a long story short, inflation is controlled by a 1000 HYP max reward.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 08:01:40 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2014, 08:51:41 PM by David Latapie

This is Monday (well, this was yesterday), this is HyperLoan time

Winners are:
  • +4 Butoeskor - pD3ME8QQTYTB2eFDzYSxUtJ5FB3jjzaSTE
  • +4 Prints_  - p6Zu6ZXy5tW9ojgdxhwGcGF8vnBV74bHVj
  • +3 checkpoints16 - pS9dSbvsgvgWd7bambmNwXDMw2jBtx7wtt
  • +2 foroplus - p5j7fqtr8rr3faYRsyqSnvrSVz1eczhigH

Why some +3 or +2 did not win? Because they either did not give me their address and in one case because the candidate did not keep a promise.

What you, as a winner (not just a candidate) will have to do:
1. If not already done, create a dedicated address in your wallet and post it on the forum, so that anyone can track the progress. If you don't know how to do so, just ask on the forum Smiley
2 Once you have received the 4K HYP, you will start posting on HyperLoan logs about your feedback. It can be just one posts several posts tracking your increasing understanding of HyperStake, questions... and of course, everyone can post there too.
3. At the end of the 30 days, you will send the principal (4K) back to the originating address pHypLoanFPWT6awN1TYRQ4v3wD3yY1n8KT (courtesy of iDunk).

Happy loaning, happy stacking!

Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: